no funny business | levi x...

By ohdontiwish

Although you'd hoped for it, you'd never expected to see your one night stand again. At least, until fate giv... More

one [ nsfw ]
two
three
four
five
six
seven [nsfw]
eight [nsfw]
nine [nsfw]
ten [nsfw]
eleven [nsfw]
twelve [nsfw]
thirteen [nsfw]
fourteen [nsfw]
fifteen [nsfw]
sixteen [nsfw]
seventeen
eighteen [nsfw]
nineteen

twenty

44.1K 1.2K 9.1K
By ohdontiwish

The party, surprisingly, does make you feel a bit better. Hange's once again gone all out; the warehouse is decorated with tinsel and streamers, wreaths, and there's even a Christmas tree in the far corner. There's a few tables lined with appetizers and drinks, and you mingle with your coworkers- your friends- and chat about holiday plans.

Someone's managed to force a Santa hat onto Erwin's head. The only thing he's said to you all day is "let me know your decision before the day's over."

You've got until 5 pm, then. So you've only got an hour, give or take.

There's a part of you that's still holding onto hope. Hope that Levi will come around. It's foolish, you know, but you don't want to end up taking the job here solely because you're hoping that Levi will have a change of heart.

"This is for you," Bertolt says, handing you a box.

You frown. "What for?"

The rest of the office workers from your floor have banded around him- looks like they're all in on this. "The bet," Reiner says, elbowing Bertolt in the side. "Technically, you were the closest."

You sigh, rolling your eyes. "Oh, come on, you didn't have to."

"We wanted to," Sasha pipes up, nudging you.

"Open it!" Connie encourages.

Smiling slightly, you pull the lid off of the box. There's a card inside, and underneath the card is a mug. You pull it out of the box and laugh: World's Best Intern is etched onto the side. Inside the mug is a gift card, and upon closer examination, you realize it's for Scouts.

Your mouth falls open. "You guys," you say in awe, looking up at your coworkers. "This is- this is so sweet. You didn't have to."

"Of course we did!" Eren says with a laugh. "You were the best intern, by far."

"We're going to miss you," Armin adds.

Ymir laughs. "You've spoiled us. The next one's going to be a total wimp and we'll be back to crying in three days."

"Ymir," Historia scolds lightly.

"I've already put money on two days," Jean says, grinning.

Your heart swells in your chest, and you set the mug back in the box so that you can open the card. Everyone's signed it and left little messages behind.

We'll miss you!

Hopefully your next boss is better than Levi!

Don't forget about us!

Crap, you can feel tears spiking at your eyes. Screw whatever the hell sort of problems you've got with Levi- you're going to stay. How could you leave these people? These people who have been nothing but funny and so kind to you?

Fuck it. You're going to stay. "You guys," you say, looking up at everyone. "I-"

"Greenie!" Hange's hand clamps onto your shoulder and you nearly jump. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

Startled, you struggle for your answer momentarily. "Sure?" you say.

"Here," Historia says, reaching for your box. "I can go put this on your desk for you."

"Thank you," you say gratefully, handing it over. The blonde smiles and vanishes, heading towards the elevators. Hange pulls you, and you bid a quick goodbye to the rest of the office staff before they can drag you away. "Where're we going?"

"Outside," they quip.

"Isn't it snowing?"

"Not yet, I don't think." Hange shoves open a door, and you follow them outside. It's actually sort of nice outside: there's no wind, no snow falling down, and the sun is shining. The air is crisp, but it's manageable.

"What's this about, Hange?" you ask, crossing your arms.

They sigh, then gently grab your arms. "I know about you and Levi," Hange says.

A million different things gallop through your brain, but somehow, you manage to stammer out, "what about Levi and I?"

"Well, you're already better at denying it than he was." They drop their hands, and you can see their sympathetic stare from behind their glasses. "I originally just thought you had a crush on him," Hange says, and your heart thunders against your chest, "and that he had one on you. And hell, it'd be a shame not to explore that, you know? So I confronted Levi about it and boy was I surprised to find out the two of you have been fucking for months."

Your jaw drops open. "We- we haven't-" you sputter.

"But Levi's been a dick to you because he's a scaredy-cat," Hange says pleasantly, tilting their head, "and that's why you've been so off this week and he's been nastier than usual."

Shit.

There's so many different things you could say, and none of them would do the panic in your brain justice. "Levi- he told you that?" you force out.

Hange shrugged. "Partially. I dug it out of him."

That, you can imagine. Once you've realized that Hange isn't bluffing and they do actually know, your façade crumbles and you sink your teeth into your lip. "Hange," you whisper, feeling heat behind your eyes again- god damn it how much are you going to cry today? "Shit. I... I don't..."

To your surprise, Hange takes your shoulders and gently pulls you in for a hug. "I'm sorry," they murmur, and you sink into their embrace. "I wish I could've been here for you sooner."

"It's not your fault," you say immediately, blinking the tears out of your eyes and squeezing Hange tight. "I- I couldn't tell anyone."

"Oh, I bet."

A sudden thought strikes you, and you pull back. "Levi," you say frantically. "He's- he's not in trouble, is he? Is he going to be fired?"

"No, no," Hange reassures you quickly, and you feel your shoulders slump in relief. "Technically, there's a thing in HR policy, but the two of you aren't technically a couple."

"Nice reminder."

"Sorry. HR policy says that managers below the level of senior director can date anyone who doesn't directly report to them and is within two levels," Hange recites. The precision makes you think they looked this up before talking to you. "And the position Erwin offered you is head of quality assurance, so technically, you'd be reporting to Erwin and one level under Levi. And he's not senior director. And- wait, how long has this been going on?"

You bite your lip. "...Technically Halloween."

"There you go! You have to report a relationship within two months, and it hasn't been two months yet." Hange straightens up, seemingly proud for finding a loophole. "Wait- what do you mean, technically?"

You've been craving advice and help so badly that you nearly tear up again. "Hange," you whisper. "Can I tell you everything?"

Hange smiles, rubbing your shoulder reassuringly. "Greenie, I'd love it if you did."

So you do. You spill everything to Hange: meeting Levi in that bar back in September and initially hooking up, then when you two finally said 'fuck it' and got together on Halloween. You talk about how you've been consistent since then (obviously you keep the more intimate details to yourself) and you explain how you'd really thought he was starting to care for you until your fight a week ago, when you'd found out you could get a job.

Hange is a fantastic listener. They nod along, listening intently and hanging onto your every word. When you finish, they sigh. "Oh, Levi," they mutter, staring up at the sky. It's starting to snow. "You've really done it now."

You hold out your palm, letting small snowflakes melt against your skin. "He mentioned he's had a workplace relationship before?" you question.

They nod. "Have you met Petra?"

You shake your head.

"She works in the warehouse- dating another guy there, Oluo, I think. She's a total sweetheart. Good worker too." Hange sighs. "She used to work up in the office. They dated for maybe a few months at most. From what I heard, their communication wasn't great. You could always tell when they fought because the tension in the office was unbearable."

"She still works here?" you ask quietly.

Hange nods, but they see the look in your eyes and they continue. "She transferred to the warehouse when they broke up. Apparently it was messy. Levi never goes down there, so they rarely ever see each other."

"Oh," you murmur. You're not sure what you'd been expecting.

"He hasn't dated anyone since," Hange says with a sigh. "Honestly, I think they just couldn't talk to each other. After, Levi and I would go to clubs and he would hook up with people, but that was all he wanted to do."

"No attachments," you realize. "No communication required."

"Exactly. And then you came along." You pinch your lips together, and Hange continues. "Greenie, Levi's been in a better mood during your internship than I've ever seen him, and I've known him for five years. I know he cares about you- and from the sounds of it, you care about him. Whatever the hell's going on between the two of you- I promise you, it's nothing you did. Levi just needs to get a bit of a push."

"I kept wondering if it was something I was doing," you whisper, staring up at the sky. "I mean, it... what we had was great, and we really got along. We had stuff in common. I thought..." you sigh. "I thought it'd be easy. To just be together. I couldn't see why he wouldn't want to."

Hange clicks their tongue. "Yeah, the dumbass has commitment issues. That was long before Petra too. There's definitely some deep childhood trauma rooted there."

"You don't know?" you ask.

"Nah. Levi doesn't talk about his past." They shrug. "I've known him for years- he started working here after I did. He's as closed off as they come. But you, Greenie? You've got him hooked." You flush, and they laugh. "You know what tipped me off? The tea."

"The tea," you repeat, and you can't help but smile as you remember Hange fretting over the peppermint tea this morning. "Levi and his stupid tea."

"Don't let him hear you say that," Hange jokes.

The two of you bask in silence for a moment. You tip your head back, letting some of the snowflakes decorate your face. It's cold outside, sure, but it's also beautiful. You don't feel the need to go back inside.

"I kept wondering what I did wrong," you muse. "Figured I stepped over the line at some point."

"Nah, honey. I've heard both sides- this is definitely some internal issues Levi needs to work out." Their voice softens. "But I'm going to be real- I want you here. I like you, Greenie, and I really want you and Levi to work it out. Plus, I've got twenty bucks riding on it."

Your eyes widen. "Twenty bucks with who?!"

"Irrelevant." Hange lays their hand on your shoulder. "I talked to Levi earlier," they say. "Would you be willing to listen to him if he wanted to talk to you?"

You swallow hard. You'd like nothing more. "Yes."

"Perfect." They squeeze you briefly, then head back to the door. "Then I'll be right back."

Your eyes widen. "Wait, now?"

Hange vanishes inside, leaving you alone on the sidewalk, snow collecting in your hair and on your shoulders. With a sigh, you swipe the snow off of your blazer, then feel through your hair. You'll give Hange a few minutes- if they don't come back, you'll just head back inside.

You feel lighter. It felt so good to finally talk to someone about this, someone who actually knows Levi and could supply some helpful information. Hange really was brilliant.

You hear scuffling, and you straighten up. There's muffled voices from behind the door. You freeze up, watching the doorway nervously.

The door's thrown open. Levi's shoved outside. "I told you, Shitty Glasses, I just want to find her so that I can-"

Mid-snarl, Levi realizes you're there, and his voice dies in his throat. You stare at him blankly, fidgeting with your fingers.

Hange's head pops out the door. "There we go!" they say pleasantly. "Have fun, you two! No funny business!"

The door slams shut, stranding you and Levi outside.

You meet Levi's eyes and find yourself unable to look away. Levi seems tense- he keeps clenching his hands into fists and releasing. His eyes are as piercing as usual, but there's an emotion on his face that's new to you: he's nervous.

"Red," he murmurs, and you feel your knees shake, "can we talk?"

You want to melt into your spot and just kiss him, but you know you need to keep your cool and at least give off the premise that you're mad so that Levi will hopefully open up a bit. You inhale slowly. "Only if your first words are an apology," you say firmly, crossing your arms.

Levi swallows hard, and he crosses his arms in return. "I'm sorry."

You blink. You hadn't really expected a point blank apology. Maybe you should've, after your argument in the car and the make up in the office in which he'd apologized without hesitation, but regardless, he still catches you off guard. "Thank you," you say carefully.

You have to play this right. Because you want nothing more than to run up to Levi and kiss him, but he needs to know you're pissed. You can't go back too easily.

Levi reaches into his pocket. You cross your arms, waiting, unsure about what he's up to. He pulls out a post-it note.

"What're you doing?" you murmur, confused.

He unfolds it. You lean forward slightly so that you can read it: it's in your handwriting. It's the note you attached to the new lamp that you bought him for his desk, just a cheeky little thing reminding him not to break it.

"I'm trying not to break this one," Levi forces out.

You meet his eyes, surprised. You purse your lips, watching as Levi fidgets with the note for a moment before he refolds it and tucks it back into his pocket.

"I told you I had a workplace relationship," he starts.

You nod. You know a bit, but it's only what Hange told you, and you want to hear it from him.

"She- it didn't work," Levi says shortly, looking away. He's fidgeting with the sleeve cuffs of his shirt. "She was nice and all, but we argued over too much little shit, and the work days after our fights always sucked ass."

"Very eloquent way of putting it," you can't help but say.

Levi's eyes flash, but he continues. "We had a bad fight in the office once. We were both yelling in front of everyone- then we just got mad at each other again when we tried to work it out later. She ended up transferring when we ended it. I never see her. I-" he cuts himself off, biting his tongue, and you wait. Levi groans, glaring up at the sky as he says, "I couldn't handle that shit again if it happened with you."

Your stomach lurches. "There's more to that story, isn't there," you murmur.

He glares at you, then sighs. "You're too fucking perceptive," Levi grumbles. "Yes. I'm no fucking good at relationships. Every single one end in a disaster."

"Hange said you have commitment issues."

"Hange said-" he grits his teeth. "Of course they did. Fucking hell, Four Eyes."

"Are they wrong?" you challenge quietly.

Levi looks more pained than you've ever seen him. You can tell this conversation isn't easy for him; he looks like he'd much rather be anywhere else. But he's sticking it out, which means he cares enough about you to try and make the effort.

He crosses his arms and glares down at the snow. He's quiet for a minute. You wonder if you should say anything.

"Everyone always leaves," Levi says quietly. It feels like he's a million miles away rather than a few feet; it's reminiscent of last Thursday when he'd opened up about Isabel and Farlan. "Never had a father. Mom died when I was a kid. Fucking psychopathic uncle jumps around like a fucking insect. Isabel and-"

Levi cuts himself off again. You bite down hard on your lip, feeling tears sting at your eyes again in sympathy for the man a few feet away from you. 

"My life wasn't great. When I started work here, things settled down," he murmurs, glaring hard at the sidewalk. "People stuck around. I've known Erwin- hell, way too long. Hange too. So I thought..." he exhales. "Maybe people would stick around this time."

Things are starting to make sense to you now. Why Levi always took off quickly, why he refused any attempt at something more. So that he could be the one to leave and not you.

Levi sighs. "So I tried. With Petra. Didn't work, and she left. Can't blame her. I was a piece of work."

"Was?" you tease quietly, and he huffs.

"Yeah, well." He raises his arms and lets them fall to his sides again, exasperated. "There. Anything else?"

Yeah, actually. "Why would you never let me come over?" you ask. "Why is it always my place?"

Levi snorts. "I live with Erwin."

Well, you hadn't been expecting that. "Wow," you say in surprise. Somehow, that makes a lot of sense, and you feel a bit better now- it wasn't that he was trying to steer you away from his place, it was just him trying to keep up the secret between the two of you. "You couldn't have just said that?"

"Thought you might be a bit more reluctant," he says, lips twitching.

"I sucked you off under your desk while Eren was literally a foot away."

"Fair enough." Levi scuffs his foot against the sidewalk, kicking up snowflakes. Strangely enough, you don't even feel the cold. The two of you are quiet for a minute, the music from inside filtering into your ears. "So you haven't taken the job yet," he says eventually.

You shake your head. "Not yet."

"Why not?"

"Depends on how the rest of this conversation goes."

His eyes narrow. "You shouldn't be basing this off of me," Levi says, his voice sharper. "It's a good job. You wouldn't even be working under me anymore."

"I got an offer elsewhere," you say, even though there's no way in hell you'll take it. "I'm not sure yet."

"Don't take it. Stay here."

"Being possessive again?" you challenge, and Levi groans.

"No, dumbass. I-" he swipes a hand through his hair. "Do I really need to fucking say it?" he snaps, and now you're starting to feel a little bit lost. 

You swallow hard. "Regardless of my decision, Levi, it's not up to you-"

"You're being ridiculous," he insists. Levi shoots you a glare, and you feel a chill up your spine that's not because of the weather. "You're just doing this to punish me now. What do you want me to say? That I want you here?"

"I'm not trying to punish you, Levi," you retort, "you're doing a good enough job of that yourself."

His eyes are sharp. "The fuck do I need to say, Red?" Levi shoots back. "What, you want me to tell you that I started that stupid show only because you said it was good, and that I actually ended up liking it?"

Your throat feels remarkably dry.

"You want me to tell you that I can't stop fucking thinking about you?" he challenges, taking a step towards you. "You want me to tell you how it was just about the sex until it wasn't? Until I met you and you-" he turns away, and he sounds like he's going off on a tangent, "damn it, why'd you have to be so fucking perfect?"

"Levi," you start, head spinning.

He sounds almost desperate as he continues. "What do you want me to say?" he demands. "Tell you that you make me happy, happier than I fucking deserve? That you... that you're..."

You can't even summon words. Heat is stinging your eyes.

"What," Levi snaps, "you want me to tell you I'm in love with you?"

Every last drop of resolve in your body seems to evaporate.

"Because I will," he says angrily, his eyes wild and jaw tensed. "If it'll make you stay, I'll tell you- because you're a damn good worker and shouldn't have to leave just because I was an idiot, and- and you-" Levi cuts himself off and groans, raking a hand through his hair. He turns to glare at the door, like he's worried someone will come out and interrupt. "I was stupid," he says through gritted teeth. "I- I'm- shit, well, I'm sorry."

You blink rapidly, trying to ward off oncoming tears. It's all too much at once, his confession, and it's making your heart twist and tighten in your chest.

Levi turns away from you, tipping his chin up to the sky. "Fuck," he mutters. "God fuck- god fucking dammit. This is stupid."

"No- no, it's not stupid," you stammer. "It's not."

He doesn't reply, just keeps his face turned up to the sky.

You swallow. "It will."

Levi looks back to you. The snow is collecting in his hair, which is drifting into his face. He's ridiculously beautiful.

"That will..." you exhale shakily. "Saying that will make me stay."

A gust of wind comes up from behind you, chilling the exposed skin of the back of your neck. You swallow hard, and when you blink, tears start rolling down your cheeks. Levi's lips part, but no sound comes out of his mouth. Guess that's my cue to go, you think. If he said it, so can you.

"Saying you love me will make me stay," you say quietly, trying to keep your voice from cracking, "because I'm in love with you too."

Levi stares at you, gaze unwavering. He swallows hard. "Why?"

"Why?" you say in disbelief. You could make him lists, write him fucking novels. Levi, somehow, looks even more nervous than he was when he first came out. To think that this man in front of you, who you've come to see as so brilliant, so unique, your perfect match, is nervous- how the hell could he think he's undeserving of love? "Why... Why not?" you say. "Why would I not?"

Levi huffs, turning his head away. His cheeks are red- you're not sure whether it's from embarrassment or the cold. "Red, you're an idiot," he says with a scowl. "You don't-"

"Shut up," you snap, cutting him off. Levi's eyebrows rise in surprise but you're fed up him talking himself down. "Don't tell me I'm an idiot when you know full well I'm not. Do you want- do you want essays? A fucking presentation? Do you-" you cut yourself, throwing your hands in the air in exasperation. "What sort of proof do you need?" you say desperately. "Because whatever you need, I'll do it. I'm in love with you, you- you asshole."

You're never seen Levi so taken aback; you've successfully caught him off guard. The wind sings around you, messing up your hair and stinging your eyes, but you refuse to take your gaze off of him.

"And I'm not going anywhere," you add. "You say that people leave. Well, I'm not. I won't. I promise you that. You- you're fucking stuck with me. "

His lips twitch. "Am I now?"

You nod fiercely, blinking back more tears.

Levi's eyes relax. "I love you," he says. "Stay."

"Okay," you agree. "I'll stay."

You both stare at each other, unsure of what to do after such a large revelation. You've never seen this much emotion on Levi's face, and you can't even tell what it is: frustration, affection, anger, or even desperation?

Shakily, you pull out your phone and pull up Erwin's number. He picks up after the first ring. "Yes?"

You keep your eyes on Levi, blinking to ward off any stray tears. "I'll take the job," you say shakily. "Thank you so much."

"Excellent," Erwin says, and you can guess that he's smiling. "I suppose there's no need for you to clear out your desk, then. Thank you for accepting."

"Thank you," you repeat. "Thank you so much."

"Of course. Have a good weekend."

Erwin hangs up, and you drop your phone back into your pocket, eyes still glued to Levi. He looks torn between keeping his distance or moving towards you, so you make that decision for him. Carefully, you walk towards him, your shoes crunching in the snow. When you're close enough, you lift your hands to cup his face. Levi's gaze is unreadable.

"I'm in love with you," you say quietly.

His eyes soften. You feel his hands go to your hips and rest there. "You're sure?" Levi replies, eyebrows creased.

You laugh. "Oh, shut up. I could write you a thousand essays on why and it wouldn't be enough."

Levi doesn't smile, but he seems to deflate; his shoulders sink down and it looks like a mountain of worry just toppled off of his shoulders. "You're an idiot, then," he says.

"Maybe I am," you say, and you lean in.

It's the softest kiss you've ever shared with Levi, filled with longing and craving for something deeper. Your fingers cup the underside of his jaw as he kisses you back, slow and careful. Every other kiss you've shared with Levi has been accompanied by lust; they had been passionate, deep, hurried, and always with the promise of something to follow.

Now, he kisses you like he's got nothing but time.

Levi pulls back first. "I can't believe I'm in love with an idiot," he muses, bringing a hand up to brush some of the snow out of your hair.

The words make your legs feel like jelly. You're glad his other hand is on your waist, or you might just slide to the ground. "So you meant it?" you whisper.

"I could write you essays," Levi says quietly, and you laugh.

Levi pulls you in to hug you, and you wrap your arms around his shoulders. You bury your nose into his neck, blinking back your tears. His arms are tight around your middle and it doesn't seem like he has any intention of moving. The snow is cold on the back of your neck, but you can't bring yourself to adjust your blazer- that would mean letting go, and you never want to let go.

He murmurs something but you can't make it out. You pull back slightly, still keeping your arms looped around his neck. "What?"

"I said ask me," Levi murmurs.

"Ask you what?"

Levi raises a hand to your face. Slowly, he brushes his thumb gently across your cheek and swipes away one of your stray tears. "You know," he says, his voice soft.

You laugh weakly, because he's right- you do. "Yours," you whisper, fingers threading up into his hair as you smile, "or mine?"

Levi smiles. And, for the first time, he says, "mine."

.

Erwin's phone buzzes in his pocket. He takes it out and glances at the message- it's from you.

Thank you again for the position. I apologize, but I'm taking an early leave from the party. Have a great weekend.

He texts you back.

Would you like me to inform the rest of the staff of your decision to stay?

Your text comes back almost immediately.

That would be great, thank you.

Erwin glances around the warehouse, looking for Hange. When his eyes land on them, he smiles to himself- they're staring at their phone, grinning wildly. Hange looks up and locks eyes with him, then practically bounds towards where he's standing.

"I got a text that she's not returning to the party," he says.

"I got a text that she worked things out with Levi!" Hange squeals.

Erwin nods, smiling to himself. Levi pulled through. Good. Hange raises their hand up in a high-five, and after a moment of thought, Erwin taps his hand against Hange's. 

They grin. "So does this mean you owe me twenty dollars?"

"You meddled, Hange. I believe that was strictly prohibited."

"Yeah, but they needed help, so it was necessary," Hange says, brushing it off. "So we call it a draw then?"

Erwin smirks. "A draw."

"Cupid should hire us," they say proudly.

"I'm not sure I'd take it. I like this job."

"I was joking, Erwin. Wait- so she's taking the job? The one you offered her?" Hange asks, and he nods. "Fantastic! Hey, everyone!" they yell, and the staff turns to look at Hange. "Erwin gave Greenie a job! She's stuck with us now!"

There's a round of cheers and a rush for the punch bowl.

A thought occurs to him, and Erwin glances at the HR rep. "Did you spike it?" he asks.

"Ask me no questions and I shall tell you no lies," Hange says proudly. "C'mon. You can stay at my place tonight, give Levi and Greenie the place to themselves."

As if on cue, Erwin's phone buzzes with a text. It's from Levi. Hange immediately butts their head in, trying to see.

Don't come home.

"I'll take you up on that, Hange," Erwin says, tucking his phone away.

Hange grins. "Awesome. You're going to love my couch."

.

Levi drives you back to his apartment that he shares with Erwin. It's large, much larger than your own, most likely because it's a two-bedroom place. It's also sparkling clean, which you had expected. The apartment seems brand new.

"What's it like, living with Erwin?" you muse, glancing at a photo frame perched on a desk drawer. It's a picture of Hange, Erwin, and Levi.

"Annoying." Levi hangs up his coat. "He's got this stupid morning routine that takes him ages. And he reads the newspaper- who reads the newspaper? Gets ink smudges on everything."

You laugh to yourself and pick up the photo. "When'd you take this?"

"Few years back." He glances at it. "Hange insisted."

"I can tell," you say with a grin. In the photo, Hange's got one tight arm around Levi, and he looks like he's trying to escape. Erwin is smiling normally, completely oblivious to Hange and Levi's struggle beside him. "You three are cute," you murmur.

You feel Levi's hand on your waist, so you set the picture frame down and turn to face him. Levi leans in and kisses you softly; you kiss him back, nearly melting with the tender care he's putting into it. He's never been this gentle with you- well, you suppose that you've never really been dating, so it's never really been required.

You pull back after who knows how long and you sigh softly. "Does this mean we're a couple now?"

"Do we have to?" Levi mutters.

You laugh. "I'm in if you're in."

You see Levi swallow hard, and he reaches a hand up to touch your face. His jaw is clenched, and he looks like he's trying to figure out how to word his thoughts.

Carefully, you bring your fingers up to touch his jaw, massaging your thumb across the bone. "I'm going nowhere," you murmur. "I know you. I know what you're like. It's going to take more than your shitty attitude to get rid of me. Yes, I'm sure," you say when his lips part to interrupt. "I told you, dumbass. I love you. You're stuck with me now."

"I'm the one stuck with you?" Levi mutters, but it seems some of the tension in his shoulders is gone.

"Absolutely," you agree as his thumb brushes gently over your cheek. "I'm going to make you watch so many of my shows. You thought Advances of the Tyrant was good? Well, I have plenty more."

To your surprise, Levi smiles softly. He leans in and kisses you to shut you up. "Fine," he mumbles as he pulls back. "I'm in."

You can't contain your grin. You lean in and kiss him again- you'll never get tired of kissing him- and you can feel Levi smile against your lips. Slowly, the two of you work your mouths against each other. Levi's hands slide down to your hips, pulling you flush against him, and your hands find their way into his hair.

Everything about the kiss is controlled and methodical. Levi's tongue swipes across your bottom lip, and you part your mouth in a moan. His tongue meets yours, and your teeth scrape his lip. Kissing Levi is addicting; you can taste the punch from the party on his tongue.

Levi pulls you closer to him, and you subconsciously grind yourself against him. His grip on you tightens, and you feel his thumb poke under the hem of your shirt.

Suddenly, he pauses, pulling himself back. "We don't have to," he says, grey eyes locked on yours. "Don't feel like that's all this is."

You went from this is just sex to don't feel like that's all this is. It makes your heart do stupid fluttery things in your chest.

"Are you really capable of hanging out with me without fucking me?" you tease, cupping Levi's face.

He scoffs. "Oh, please. We've done it before."

"Once, and it's because you were overworked and stressed and you fell asleep in my lap."

Levi clicks his tongue, thumbs drawing circles on your abdomen. "Yes, I am," he says seriously. "I'm not some fucking sex addict. I told you I loved you, and I meant it." Something swoops in your stomach, but Levi's not done talking. "The sex is great, sure. But that doesn't matter."

You lace your fingers behind Levi's head and nod slowly. "Alright," you murmur. "We don't have to. If it leads to that, then, well, I won't complain."

His lips twitch. "That horny, hm?"

"Only kind of." You lean in and kiss Levi again. "You want to cuddle and watch AOT?"

"Fine." 

That's how it starts out, at least. Levi pulls up the start of season four on his laptop and you curl up next to him on the couch, leaning your head against his chest. Turns out, Levi's not much of a cuddler (go figure) but he's got no problem letting you snuggle into him as you watch. 

It becomes clear quite quickly that Levi is fairly restless. His hands keep shifting, from your shoulder to your back and then back up to your head. His fingers twirl aimlessly, drawing circles loosely on your skin. 

You get maybe three episodes in before the two of you end up getting more heated. It goes from innocent kisses to Levi's cheek or to your forehead before the two of you end up making out. Levi shuts off his laptop and the two of you transition to his bedroom.

The two of you have sex like it's your first time. It's slow and it's full of care, and you finally understand why people call it 'making love'. Levi is methodical and attentive, and although you tend to enjoy it rough, there's something about Levi edging you slowly to your release and whispering wonderful things in your ear that gives you entirely new sensations.

It goes on for ages, Levi's lips all over your body, whispering "fuck, you're gorgeous," and other sweet nothings that make your legs feel like jelly. You lace your fingers with his as he thrusts into you, his lips hot and heavy on yours. Levi is something else entirely: he holds onto you like he never wants to let you go, pleases you like it'll never be enough, kisses you like this is the only chance he'll ever get.

It's so much, in fact, that you actually pass out in his bed, exhausted from hours of pleasure and body ridiculously oversensitive. You're not sure what you expected, but if Levi had chosen to kick you out, you wouldn't have been surprised. He doesn't, though; you sleep soundly, undisturbed.

You wake up sometime later. For the first time, Levi's right beside you.

"I love you," you mumble tiredly.

Levi hums in return and reaches out, tangling his hand in your hair. Smiling, you turn towards him and let him pull you closer, enjoying his warmth and the complete and total feeling of safety.

You crack an eye open at the alarm clock on Levi's side table and realize it's actually early morning; you've been passed out for a while. "Tea?" you whisper.

"Later," he replies, words muffled by your hair.

You won't argue with that. "Want a certain kind?" you ask.

Levi's hands trace small circles on the back of your head. You feel him press his lips to your forehead. "Doesn't matter," he murmurs, "as long as it's made by you."

From Levi, that's as good as I love you.

You glance up at him and smile. Just like that, your heart is no longer your own. With a sigh, you settle yourself back into Levi's warmth, letting your eyes close.

All is well.

.

A/N: thank you guys so much for reading. Means the world to me. Longer author's note on the end of my ao3 version of this if you're interested (I'm wellitcouldbeworse3 on ao3). Thank you all so much! <3

August 6th edit: we just hit 50k views? I finished this story back in May and I'm still logging on to hundreds of notifications from this. You guys truly are the best thing that's ever happened to me. Thank you so much. <3

October 14th edit: 100k views. You're all insane and definitely horny. Go get laid. I love you guys. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1K 648 10
Hello Readers.This is my first Erwin X Reader. Sorry I'm not good at titles. Rated: Mature Much appreciation @sadlovernovels for making the cover f...
133K 3.4K 37
"๐™’๐™๐™–๐™ฉ๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ค๐™ง๐™™๐™š๐™ง?" ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ. "๐™”๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™„ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ ๐™š ๐™ข๐™ฎ...
209K 7.6K 73
The art used for the book cover is from the artist called DHackTrix on Deviantart. ~~~~ "๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๏ฟฝ...
76.2K 3.3K 46
Years of hard work landed you the crรจme de la crรจme lifestyle a doctor within the Walls could ever dream of - a career in Wall Sina. Unfortunately, t...