Copy Cat: Illumi x Reader

By enchantedlioness

"You'll never be good enough," is what (y/n)'s been told her whole life. This year, she was going to change t... More

Ch 1: Family Issues and Hunters
Ch 2: Family Dinner and Masters
Ch 3: Nen and Growing
Ch 4: Friends and First Phase
Ch 5: The Cards in his Hands Go Cut Cut Cut
Ch 6: A Cooking Disaster
Ch 7: Third Phase Jingles
Ch 8: A Little Exploring
Ch 9: Friends???
Ch 10: Killua!
Ch 11: The Testing Gate
Ch 12: Butlers and Shenanigans!
Ch 13: Teleportation
Ch 14: Keeping up with the Zoldyck's
Ch 15: Piece of Cake
Ch 16: You Can Overcome Your Demons or Befriend Them
Ch 17: Avira Means Spirit
Ch 18: Time Flies
Ch 19: When You Leave
Ch 20: Your Diamond
Ch 21: Hisoka?!
Ch 22: More Allies
Ch 23: My New Family
Ch 24: The Fairy Garden
Ch 25: Dress
Ch 26: List
Ch 27: The Night of the Ball Pt. 1
Ch 27: The Night of the Ball Pt. 2
Ch 28: Warmth
Ch 29: Illumi's Training
Ch 30: Dinner with the Zoldyck's
Ch 32: Greed Island Beginnings
Ch 33: Card Captor (y/n)
Ch 34: Swiper No Swiping!
Ch 35: A Way Around
Ch 36: Partly
Ch 37: Engagement!
Ch 38: Lemon hehe (I'm back)
Chapter 39: Wake up! (Lemon)

Ch 31: The Phantom Troupe

2.5K 102 39
By enchantedlioness

        Training was rough. I had so many things going on physically, with training and mentally, thinking about joining the troupe. I thought about the different troupe members. Hisoka didn't really know that much bout Greed Island. In fact, he wanted me to learn most of the things about it on my own. What he did teach me was about the troupe members. Their names, some of their abilities, and personalities. Illumi taught me another set in the course of a week.

"(y/n), I heard that you had dinner with the Zoldyck's." Avira said.

"Oh, yeah, I did."

"Why was I inviteddddd?" Avira whines.

"Maybe because you whine too much," I laugh.

"That's no fair, I was stuck doing extra training!!!" He complains some more.

"I heard they're going to replace some of your training with regular school things."

"Yeah, I already have Social Studies and Music. Like why music and not Science or math or somethingggg?"

"Oh, Avira, you're like a big toddler."

"You're not nice." He pouts. I giggle. The Zoldyck's said that my journey might become even more complicated since they want to speed me up in going to Greed Island. They wanted me to be able to work 24/7 to get cards to keep track of Killua.

"(y/n) There you are, I have to speak with you about something in regards to the Zoldyck family." Canary says.

I eye Avira to walk away from the conversation and he leaves to do his Music Course.

"They want you to go to the phantom troupe tomorrow." Canary informs me.

"Are you sure I've learned enough to be going?"

"The Zoldyck's have full faith in you Miss (y/n)." Canary states.

"Very well, I will prepare to leave for tomorrow, do I need anything in particular?"

"Your nen and your tickets to get into the game. So, you need your ring and your memory card." Canary responds.

"Okay," I say as I grab those materials and put them on my desk for tomorrow.

"Make sure to get up early to get there on time." Canary Says.

"I will." I respond. Canary leaves the room and I get ready for bed. Avira has more courses than me, so he finishes a lot later. That's why I almost never get to see him anymore.

Some of his courses are almost finished and some of my very first ones are as well. The Zoldyck's said that if I do well on my mission to find out what Killua is doing, then I'll be able to end some classes early without a grand final of the course. But, I'll have to use some of the things that they taught me in order to do that.

Whenever I go to bed early, I fall asleep almost instantly, and I go through training a lot easier the next day. But, when I go to bed later than I'm supposed to, I hardly get any sleep and training is very difficult.

For today, I'm going to bed early so that I can survive the next few days and hopefully get through a night without any sleep if that happens. The butlers are preparing snacks for me to eat before I go on my journey. Although I'm brining money with me, I still have to keep a low profile because of the recent news with my face in it.

No one watches the news anymore, but I still have to be careful.

I fell asleep in about a minute. The night was uneventful. There was no dreams and my surroundings were quiet. The typical environment for sleep.

I woke up in the morning and a little beam was shining in my eyes from the small window.

"Ugh, my eyes." I groaned. I looked at the clock and realized I woke up an hour early.

"I might as well get ready," I say to myself. I took a quick shower since I had the time and fixed my hair into my favorite hairstyle that I would do when I was little. I put the clothes Illumi gave me for my first mission on and put normal everyday clothes on top of that so I wouldn't stand out.

I had 30 minutes left to spare. I set a timer on my phone for 20 minutes and dozed off on a chair. My alarm woke me up 20 minutes after and I touched up my looks so I could look okay for the next few days.

I left the room and had my filling of the food being served by the maids.

"Miss (y/n), you'll be leaving in ten minutes." Canary informs me. The butlers hand me my things. Pairs of extra clothes, my money, wigs(In case I needed to disguise myself), food, and a flashlight. The flashlight wasn't actually a flashlight. It had a needle inside with a lethal poison that I was trained to be immune to. So, if anyone decided to turn the tide on me and stab me with the needle, I wouldn't be affected.

"You're all set to go." Tsubone says.

"Remember not to teleport too close to them." Gotoh reminds me. I nod and bow to the butlers out of respect.

"I'll see you after my mission." I promise the spectators. I focus on a place close to the phantom troupes base. I had to teleport away so that they wouldn't see or sense me.

I had to be smart about what I was doing. Since I've never done anything like this before, they expected me to take a few days to get to their base. But, I know exactly what I'm doing.

I could sense Hisoka's nen close to me. He wasn't supposed to be spotted around their base either, ever since he revealed that he wasn't a real member of the troupe. The worst part of this whole thing, is that I'll have to get a tattoo of a spider somewhere on my body. I was informs that it would be quite painful and would have to be removed using lasers if that ever happened.

Hisoka was watching me for about five minutes before he went away to do who knows what. Maybe he was going to wait for me in the game itself.

I could sense a few members of the troupe, so I put on a perfect zetsu. Kalluto was nearby. He was told to distract any members of the troupe so that they wouldn't accidentally find me.

The backpack I had on was slowing me down, so I placed it down as a distraction for them.

"There's someone here." I heard someone unfamiliar say. Who was it?

The nen on my backpack distracted them as I snuck inside and hid in one of the upstairs rooms.

"They're upstairs." I could hear the man say. Before long, the door to the room I was in opened. I teleported away and doors kept opening until I had nowhere to run.

"There you are." Kalluto says kindly.

"How am I going to explain this?" I ask him.

"I'll deal with it." He insures me. I nod and he drags me by the arm to the rest of the members.

"Oh, I remember you." Feitan says, looking up from the ground.

"You know her?" The man with the unfamiliar voice said to me.

"She was with those boys we wanted to join the troupe along with her brother. But, we never found her after that." Feitan explains.

"I see." The man spectates me. What was his name? He wore a long coat without a shirt and he had a sign on his forehead. His pants were baggy and he always kept his guard up.

"Leader, what should we do with her?" Kalluto asks him.

"Ask her to join." He says bluntly. My confusion increased by the second.

"But, leader, we don't even know what she can do." Kalluto complains.

"She managed to sneak past our defenses, did she not? She's not entirely weak. We might need the extra defense." He explains.

"Alright," Kalluto says confused," Would you like to join?" He asks.

"Actually, that's what I came here for. You see, I need to join." I say. I have to be half truthful and keep some things a secret.

"Oh?" The leader says.

"Explain yourself." Feitan says, paying more attention to the conversation taking place.

"I wanted to play Greed Island, and wondered if you had it. I had retained information that you had a game console." I said.

"How did you get that information?" Feitan asked. I wasn't prepared for that question.

"I-"

"Are you going to join the troupe?" Kalluto asks, trying to change the subject.

"If your leader will allow me to." I say, thankful for his quick thinking.

"Yes, we should let her join. My name is Chrollo, if you didn't know that." The leader, Chrollo responds.

"I will gladly join, then." 

(A/N) Don't forget to vote and follow if you like this story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.2K 755 19
(Y/N) is on the run, in and out is what she told herself, be invisible. But this year's hunter exam has different plans, a slap from her past, and a...
3.6K 107 31
Ashely is half a demon half a kurta, she decides to join the hunter exam, what will happen? who would she meet? will something happens that will chan...
9.6K 263 15
[OC CENTRIC; UNBETA'D; generally mostly canon compliant] [constant EDITING, irregular updates] - Eirene has been brought back to the Zoldyck estate...
378K 9.7K 57
Y/n L/n, was one of the last survivors of the Kurta clan. She was found as a baby and grew up baking with her adopted Mother, becoming a master at ma...