More Then Just Broken

By LunaEmbers

Book one of the 'Broken' Series Was originally called 'Broken Mate'. Normality was something Gem would never... More

Characters and Warnings
1. Hate
2. Lucky
3. New Girl
4. Overdue Death
5. Hang Myself
6. Future Alpha
7. Mate
8. Suicidal Meets Naked
9. Hospital Like Heaven
10. Raped Prostitute
11. Urges For My Mate
12. Homeless
13. Expiring Date
14. Mom's Gone.
15. Wanted Back Home
16. Vampyrs?
17. Funarel Approval.
18. Someone's Watching
19. Stripping In Danger
20. Real Or Not
21. Gifts And Powers
22. Kiss After Reject
23. Forget The Hurt.
25. Self harm
26. Addy's Mate
More Characters
27. Kill All Wolves
28. Abused Again
29. Not Human
30. To Do List
31. Red Dress
32. Mount Drako
33. Perfect
34. Chase's Room
Authors Note
35. Challenge
36. Coma
37. Ezmaralda
38. Blur
39. Gone
40. My Bride
41. Nicola
42. Werewolf King
43. Slapped The King
44. Wings
45. Everything
Authors Note

24. Selfish

1K 30 4
By LunaEmbers

EDITED

Adeline Travis

I woke up surrounded by Cheetos, oreos, milk and Ice cream containers and a sleeping Gem.

Yesterday was....well half of the day was crap with all the drama that happened but the other half was great fun.

I'm glad I could cheer Gem up. My brother really messed up..big time and then she discovers that the people shes been living with are not her real family.

The world loves to see Gem in pain.

I truly wish I could take the pain away form her. I want her to smile without worrying if she will smile again tomorrow.

I take a quick shower and we wore an orange dress with black sandles. I clean up our mess and leave Gem sleeping.

She needed it.

I go down stairs and I'm greeted by my Dad and mom.

"Is Gem still sleeping" my mom asks.

"Yah...She needs the sleep, she been stressed lately" I said worriedly.

"What's wrong, is she okay" my mom bothered.

My mom has always been kind hearted, even if she doesn't know you, she will always care for you like her own. Thats way she is the best Luna ever.

"Yah...I don't think she'll tell you so I'm just gonna do it"

Gem won't tell mom or anyone about her problems besides me so I will just tell them. I know I shouldn't but maybe we could all help her.

"She just found out her family...the one that hates her is not her actual family"

My mom gasps.

"Poor thing, it's like she's a magnet to pain"

My mom's right. She's always attracting problems that cause her pain. And I feel so bad because I can't do anything to help.

"Morning everyone" Chase enters the kitchen looking normal as ever and that pissed me off.

He is walking like it's just another damn day but no he has a mate that needs him. He needs the man up.

He needs to step up and be a proper mate.

But what does he do he makes her situation even worse by rejecting her without acually rejecting her.

While my dad and mom reply I give him a glare.

He notices but shrugs it of like I didn't just give him a murderous glare.

Gosh I wish I could just slap the living shit out of him.

He's acting like he didn't just hurt Gem yesterday.

I couldn't take him acting calm as if yesterday didn't happen.

"Chase can we talk" I said through gritted teeth.

"Let me have my breakfast first"

The audacity he has is astronomical.

"You can have you breakfast later. This can't wait." I say already walking to the living room.

He followed. Good cause if he didn't.....He wouldn't be alive to see tomorrow.

Cause of death: he FREAKEN pissed his sister off

"So what's so important you couldn't wait till I finished my breakfast" he gave me a bored look.

"Is it fun hurting Gem. Do you enjoy watching her cry?"

I get right to the point. I'm trying to calm my wolf down because if I don't.

Hell will break loose.

"She is my mate, of course I don't enjoy seeing her crying" he was becoming angry.

I could tell because his eyes were turning black.

"Then freaken treat her like a freaken mate. Shouldn't be hard considering the fact that you treat her sister like she's a fucking goddess" I scoff at that last part.

"Don't talk to me like that. I am you soon to be Alpha and you will respect me" he said angrily, I can tell his wolf wants out.

I scoff at that. Alpha my fucking foot.

"Using the 'I am Alpha' card huh. Well if you are FREAKEN Alpha then act like it" I yell at him

"Adeline you don't want to piss me off"

"Or what are you gonna reject me well guess what I'm not your mate so you can't do that" I roll my eyes.

He is acting like a spoilt brat. His taking the whole mate thing for advantage.

I need to calm down before I rip his head off.

"Look Chase. You are hurting her. If only you knew the state she was in yesterday. She is numb and barely spoke to me, plus to put the cherry on top she discovered her family is not acually her real family"

I say calmly well almost calmly.
I'm still pissed of with him.

"I bet you are happy...big whoop. Mission accomplished. You made her sad. You must feel proud"

He was silent.

"Just save her the pain and reject her. Because you are hurting her more by not doing so" I whisper

I look into his eyes and i see a small hint of guilt, sadness and anger.

But he immediately covers those emotions with a blank expression.

"I am not gonna reject her and i didn't hurt her intentionally"

After saying that he left.

I almost laugh at what he said. He thinks being selfish wouldn't hurt her.

He is really funny. Hysterical even.

I walked back to the kitchen and I saw Gem wearing Blue boyfriend jeans and a black tank top.

She looked beautiful but causal.

I wish she knew how beautiful she was.

Chase wasn't in the kitchen and so was my dad. They probably went to go discuss the whole Vampyr shit.

So far we have figured out that the Vampyrs are alive and that they are working with rogues. They are transforming people but also killing some. They have a symbol on their shoulder and they are following some bosses orders.

And as much as that is enough information to get us somewhere it isn't enough to make a huge impact.

A few day ago Chase informed the pack about the Vampyrs and also told them about finding his Luna and about when the ceremony of him becoming alpha will be held.

My mom has been busy making preparations and has been super busy.

It's so stressful being my family. The Alpha family.

I look over at Gem and see she wasn't even eating her food she was in deep thought.

I went to sit don't oposite her on the bar table.

"Hey Adeline can I ask you something"

I could see in her eyes she's trying her best to distract herself from thinking about yesterday.

"Sure" I say talking a blue berry out of her plate. She was eating pan cakes with strawberries , raspberries and blueberries.

Talk about a berry over load.

"when I was reading the book about supernaturals I saw a page about this prophecy thing I think it's called prophecy hybrid"

"Ooh well, that prophecy has been there for hundreds of years but yet no one knows who it is talking about.

If you ask me I think it's just a myth but I could be wrong" I shrug

I mean people have searched but to no avail. So it's probably a myth.

I heard that the goddesses come to earth to look for the hybrid.

I also heard they still do come but instead of often like they used to they come on every full moon. But that could be a myth too.

"Why do you wanna know about it" I question her.

"I don't know...I guess curiosity."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244K 10.8K 26
I was rejected by my family, the pack members and my mate because I couldn't shift. On the day of my sister and mate's mating ceremony, My wolf, or...
202K 8.1K 31
❇ Book Two ❇ ♥ The Rejected Mate Series ♥ ◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼ Skylar Hunter has had a twist...
80.5K 2.4K 23
Not your typical rejection story. You know the stories of the broken abused girl, who gets rejected by her mate only to run away become badass and th...
995K 35.2K 76
Lola's life came crumbling the moment she met her mate, Alpha Torian, smooching and kissing another lady in his birthday party. That day, he bluntly...