𝕄𝕐 π”Έπ•Œπ•Šπ•Šπ•€π”Ό 𝔽ℝ𝔼ℕℂℍ (A...

By msaerithxiii

Just a simple bio of my Haikyuu OC. Reviews about her are welcome! Disclaimer: Haikyuu and it's characters be... More

Genevieve Lewis

28 0 0
By msaerithxiii

"Kids love and love are different. One is a lie while the other is a court signal"

-𝑳𝒆𝒘𝒊𝒔 𝑮𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆

Kanji: ルイス・ジュヌビーブ
Romaji: Rurisu Junubību

Name: Genevieve Lewis
Alias: Smash Slaughter
Nickname(s): Gemma, Eve, and Kawasaki

Birthday: March 8, 1991
Age: 19 (2010)
21 (2012)
26 (2017)

Height: 180.34 cm (5'11")
Weight: 74.162 kg (163.5 lbs)

Gender: Female (Dᴇᴍɪʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴛɪᴄ Gᴇɴᴅᴇʀǫᴜᴇᴇʀ)
Sexuality: Sapiosexual

Ethnicity: French/Australian
Nationality: Japanese (Nᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟɪᴢᴇᴅ ʙʏ Cɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ)
Residency: Miyagi Prefecture, Japan
Winnipeg, Manitoba (Tᴇᴍᴘᴏʀᴀʀɪʟʏ)

School: Kakugawa High
Class: 3rd Year, Class 3

Teams: Kakugawa Badminton Girls' Team (Fᴏʀᴍᴇʀ)
Japan's National Badminton Team (Fᴏʀᴍᴇʀ)
WPG Manitoba Blues (2018-2023)
Canada's National Team (2021)

Karasuno Badminton Boys' Team (Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ)

Occupation: Student (Fᴏʀᴍᴇʀ)
Sub Coach of Kakugawa High (Fᴏʀᴍᴇʀ)
Public Librarian (Fᴏʀᴍᴇʀ)
Pro Badminton Player (Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ)
Head Coach of Karasuno Badminton Boys' Team (Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ)

Family: Henry Lewis (Fᴀᴛʜᴇʀ)
Celiné Lewis (Mᴏᴛʜᴇʀ)

Unnamed Grandmother
Unnamed Cousins
Tatsuto Sokolov (Dɪsᴛᴀɴᴛ Rᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ)

Love Interest: Chikara Ennoshita

MBTI Personality Type: ESTJ
Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw
Alignment: Lawful Good

Likes: Badminton, Smart Boys, Macaroons, Old Music, Smell of the Rain, Mobile Games, and Lucky Charms
Dislikes: Negligence, Borrowing her Equipments, Getting her shoes dirty,, Psychological Thriller films, Rough Hands, and No Internet Connection
Fears: Snakes (Oᴘʜɪᴅɪᴏᴘʜᴏʙɪᴀ), Weird Noises, Break Up, Cemeteries, Old Abandoned Houses, Unable to Fulfill Her Dreams, and Her Boyfriend Being Angry

Habit: Cracking her Knuckles
Hobbies: Playing Badminton, Classic Movie Marathon, Mobile Gaming, and Chatting Online

Aspirations/Dreams: To become a professional badminton player (Sᴜᴄᴄᴇᴇᴅs)
To win the Nationals (Sᴜᴄᴄᴇᴇᴅs)
To win the Olympics (Fᴀɪʟᴇᴅ)
To win the Sudirman Cup (Fᴀɪʟᴇᴅ)

𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃

Genevieve was both born and raised in Miyagi Prefecture, Japan. The only daughter of the two pro badminton players who are coaching the Japan's national team. As specified her cousin (who's also a badminton player), the sport was introduced to her when she was five, via watching the videos of pro badminton leagues and imitating her parents.

Known for being able to block the smashes, hence she was dubbed as "Smash Slaughter" her inborn attributes were the reason why she made her alma mater, Kakugawa High undefeatable for three consecutive years. And due to her alluring potential, she skipped college to give way to tournaments, trainings, and youth sports clinics.

Her career is about to rise when she was chosen to participate in 2010 Summer Youth Olympics at Singapore, but cut short after her defeat against Vietnam. It was her big deal because of her overconfidence in capabilities and high expectations. Genevieve tranquil for the rest of the years to avoid people questioning about what happened to her

𝐏𝐋𝐎𝐓

𝐓𝐨𝐤𝐲𝐨 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐀𝐫𝐜

Two years later, she works as a public librarian, while helping the team she used to join back in high school, still having the bitterness of thwart, in between giving up her racquet for good or regressing to the badminton court. Until she received a contact, an invitation of the annual Japan Youth Sports Clinic that will be held at Tsubakihara High.

Genevieve is too hesitant, she feared that she will be humiliated after her failure getting the Olympic gold medal, but procure a warm welcome, she also didn't expect that there are students who want to follow in her footsteps most especially, Hiroi Arisu.

She saw her childhood friend from him, being underestimated due to his weaknesses. Genevieve amazed by his courage to be a pro badminton player like her, so she asked about how to deal with losing, and she got astounded by his answer even more. His phrases becomes her motivation to forgive herself and to improve.

𝐒𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐀𝐫𝐜

Karasuno vs Kakugawa

Genevieve made a surprise visit to Kakugawa Volleyball Boys' for support together with the former players who passed the key within their successors, she was surprised when Hyakuzawa was recruited although a newcomer. She was impressed on his potential in spite of repulse against Karasuno. Like Ukai, Genevieve sees him as a threat in volleyball in the future.

Karasuno vs Wakutani High

She then appeared on Ennoshita's flashback, carrying out with the normal life to uplift her spirit, it's a blessing in disguise when she met him, whom she helped to reattain in Karasuno team, both of them could tell that they're pressured and they encourage each other to breakthrough obstacles, thus she resume in playing Badminton.

𝐓𝐨𝐤𝐲𝐨 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐜

Karasuno vs Kamomedai

Ennoshita made a bet on who will win the Quarter Finals. He's on Karasuno, while she's on Kamomedai. Whoever lose will treat, but Genevieve isn't heedful that he's asking her out.

She congratulate Karasuno for making it to the top, even Kamomedai won. He then calmly interrogates if they could hang out at the park since he lose on a bet, until it become their pastime to fully know each other

𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐫𝐜

In 2015, she became part of Manitoba Blues, a badminton club in Canada, and was selected to participate in Sudirman Cup (a biennial badminton championship) held at Australia two years after her tryout but ended up as 19th place in the final standings. She made a comeback in Olympics stage at Tokyo 2021 with Canada's national team.

𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Genevieve is the head coach in Karasuno badminton boys' team. In conformity with her, Genevieve is phlegmatic that her legacy will preserve by them.

𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄

Genevieve has a medium, chestnut brown hair that tied in a high messy ponytail, warm skin tone with few acne scars (covered by her light makeup), protruding eye shape with blue irises. She stands at 180.34 cm composing an athletic build that has a little assemblance of his father, when he was a teenager.

Genevieve was seen wearing a lime green yonex t-shirt with dark green template near of her armpits each, black jersey shorts with yellow accents below, and badminton shoes with gray hues.

Genevieve got major changes compared to the previous one, she now has a bob cut hairstyle and a minimalist star tattoo exposed on her shoulder. Her wardrobe is the Canada's team jacket with it's color schemes, black t-shirt, white jogging pants with red accents, and white rubber shoes with silver laces and orange sole.

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘

Genevieve is straightforward, open-minded, honest, dependable, understanding, and patient not in a way that she's intimidating or a killjoy. She was thought how to put her attitude in control and in right place, like a mindset of a person who values humanity with respect (but not all the times), she believes that it's just a waste of time berating people without hearing the side of their story because of her family background (almost all cousins don't have that kind of life compared to her, also they aren't into opposite sex). Her eagerness in playing is in the maximum level because she wanted to be her parents' legacy in her ambition. Also a loving friend who leads that tries her best to give support on her own way, and also approachable with the peers.

On the other hand, she despises negligence in everything, it doesn't make you cool or not a threat in success, that is why some people sees her as a judgemental person. She initiates that being chill must not be normalize, which is wrong owing to the fact that it could be a factor of frustration like what she displayed before. Genevieve used to be a total escapist and dramatic like she avoids the topic about her game in 2010 which it left a scar. It's because of high expectations and pressure, there are also times that her level of jokes and sarcasm are quite too offensive but she said it's just only a factual humor as a defense. Ennoshita added that she lacks of acknowledgement given that she wants to be in front at all times.

Now in timeskip, she doesn't care about losing anymore, she never fear the failure by the reason that her capabilities could also be polished if there's something wrong, and having a medal is just a bonus.

OLYMPICS 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐒

Movement: 3/5
Consistency: 2/5
Concentration: 5/5
Serve: 3/5
Confidence: 3/5
Endurance: 5/5

𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐏 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐒

Movement: 4/5
Consistency: 4/5
Concentration: 5/5
Serve: 3/5
Confidence: 4/5
Endurance: 5/5

Genevieve is naturally gifted even her skills are somewhat average (she doesn't need to show demonstration of the sport itself, only intense trainings). Her incredible endurance was adapted from her mother whom she used it against South Korea in the past Sudirman Cup so as deep consent ration from her father. Pressure and high expectations are her major weakness because of her family background, which it adds insult of her injury, this is why she can't maintain excellence and there's a possibly, that her statistics decreases after taking an indefinite leave.

Genevieve discloses that starting over again was demanding, hiatus isn't enough for her there's something missing that she cannot seek by her own. Thanks to all of the people around her, Genevieve discerns emotional support is essential to retrieve on her passion. Intensity of trainings would never be a burden, it's a way on how to be strong, that's how she got improved a lot.

𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐒

Flexibility- Genevieve wouldn't be ashamed getting dirty or having wounds from reaching the shuttlecock or turn over the court as fast as she can

Enhanced Defense- although she's not the best in service, Genevieve focused on how to stop those smashes even in most critical situation, which it becomes her main attribute through a careful observation of the opponent's way of gaming.

Superior Endurance- by cardiorespiratory exercise, Genevieve can continue a rally for long periods of time without tiring as long as she's very careful not to violate any rules in badminton.

Advising- outside of the court, Genevieve makes the best advices in a most constructive way of thinking. She only speaks what's the truth but she will never insist the person because you cannot force everyone

Mentoring- not in academics, but rather in playing badminton. She use her experiences and style to inspire that will apply on the aspiring players, her training mechanisms kept Kakugawa a powerhouse until they were surpassed by Nezumi High. These aptitudes were passed down to the team that she's currently coaching.

𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏𝐒

Celiné Lewis (neé Alaire)- Genevieve's mother. She stated that her daughter is matured and great with understanding, whereas she's mentoring the Japan's women's badminton team. Although their relationship isn't idealistic, they will always forgive each other and they make their moments count if her parents are in free time.

Henry Lewis- Genevieve's father. He's neither chilled nor strict with his daughter, but expecting that she will never neglect her top priorities, albeit she's starting to pursue professional badminton career. He's the one who initiate the game first, next to his wife and also an emotional support after Genevieve's lost, but it's not enough to feel better.

Kakugawa High- she cherished her alma mater as if they're part of her family, in fact that she has no siblings. They're always there through ups and downs until they graduate, but in training she always display seriousness since they have been a powerhouse school in badminton. Unfortunately, only a few cheered her up in Olympics, because some of her cohorts are envious while the others are criticizing her techniques on the game, Genevieve awares on that, because it's better to keep fewer friends than entertain the whole people.

Ryūnosuke Tanaka and Nishinoya Yū- Genevieve have an impression that the two are totally a pain in the ass, based on Ennoshita's rambles. But when she meet them personally, they don't click on each other so easily, there's a small hints that she disliked the two because their outburst attitude but she keep it by herself.

Felix Agajirō [OC]- Genevieve's Canadian-Okinawan childhood friend, the two equally have passion in badminton and nearly inseparable, although he migrated to Canada for rekindling of his family. Genevieve never judged him after he came out as Bisexual, and a big fan of his relationship with Jake, and he supports her relationship with Ennoshita in return. But the main problem is they hardly to comfort each other like they have no clue how to deal with it. Additionally, Felix is the one who suggested Genevieve to try out in Badminton at Mantobia Blues, where he was.

Hiroi Arisu [OC]- She's very thankful for meeting him. It looks like she found someone who could lean her shoulder on, like Felix. Arisu is great at reading people's emotions, so he suspected that there's something bothering Genevieve, so he accord open ended questions which he used to keep his chin up.

Himekawa Aoi- He stutters a lot when she's near, bearing in mind that he has a crush on her. She was flattered by the fact that she has but keeps a friendly interaction to him throughout the event and she gave him a kiss on the cheek, as a good luck for the incoming Nationals.

Ennoshita Chikara- Genevieve's neighbor, and longtime boyfriend. The two aren't that close and they don't have a quick spark in between when they met, until she talks about his school in Interhigh, so they began to open up with each other, and the rest is history.

On the second season, she discern about his problem as a volleyball player, she thought him how to improve reflexes to save something on the court which he applied during though their sports are different, Genevieve believes her learnings could be adapted in any sports. He grasped her teachings during the match against Wakutani. Ennoshita is thankful for having her as a senpai.

After their match against Kamomedai, she congratulate Karasuno for trying their best. Ennoshita lures her out to a garden café, and soon they hang out with each, yet she's doesn't noticed that he's actually asking out. Their relationship was confirmed in the light novel as seen on her wallpaper, a selfie of them by the beach.

𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐀

Favorite Food: Macarons
○ Pre Timeskip Concern: Her trust issues is appearing when someone borrow her racquet and shuttlecock
Post Timeskip Concern: "Why I must pay the bills, although I am a pro badminton player???"

•Her father has a Russian roots, that's why she's biologically linked to Tatsuto Sokolov, even their ancestries were far
• She wasn't supposed to be named "Genevieve", because that was actually the name of her grandmother's elementary nemesis.
• Additionally, her first name means "Woman of the race", while her surname means "renowned" or "famous battle". Prior to the naming, she was born in International Women's Day

○ Kawasaki is a brand of vehicle in Japan, she earned the nickname because she laughs like a starting motorcycle
○ She also have lucky charm as her keychain for good luck in any endeavors
○ Her bag isn't complete without lotion to keep her hands smooth

• On her interview, she stated that she would love to team up with Felix (an OC) in mixed doubles
• The story behind having Ophidiophobia, is a snake fell from a ceiling and landed on her shoulder when she was playing badminton with her cousins
• Doesn't want to admit it, but she hates psychological thriller films it gives her nightmares that keeps her awake throughout the evening

○ In Haikyuu light novel, her relationship with him describes as normal but generally happy, she didn't like to talk about it further for privacy purposes
○ A quirk about their relationship is she's oblivious adapted from Ennoshita's attitude towards Tanaka and Nishinoya
○ The most embarrassing moment that could her boyfriend recall, is their camping on their third anniversary. She tried to climbed up the tree to get a signal to send a message to her father, and she nearly fell on the manure.

• She's still confused upon her sexuality brought by the influences of her cousins, but she's open for everyone because love is love
• Genevieve cut her hair so that she could play properly
• Her minimalist tattoo design was said it was inspired from a fashion model because it symbolizes advancement in life

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261K 8.1K 186
What if a PokΓ©mon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
304K 21.4K 156
TΓ‘c phαΊ©m: ToΓ n thαΊΏ giα»›i đều Δ‘ang đợi người Δ‘α»™ng tΓ’m. TΓ‘c giαΊ£: Tα»‘ TΓ’y Người gΓ΅: Mia của bαΊ‘n nΓ¨ Beta: Hoa Hoa của bαΊ‘n Δ‘Γ’y Ý lΓ  truyện nΓ y gΓ΅ nhanh quΓ‘...
4M 195K 101
βœ… "We always long for the forbidden things." 𝐝𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐒𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞π₯ β†― βš”οΈŽ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴏɴᴇ α΄€Ι΄α΄… ᴛᴑᴏ ᴄᴏᴍʙΙͺɴᴇᴅ βš”οΈŽ ...
101K 1.4K 51
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐟𝐒𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 π›πšπœπ€ 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐨𝐨π₯ , π€πšπ₯𝐒𝐲𝐚𝐑 𝐒𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐒𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐑 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐑𝐒π₯𝐞 𝐬𝐑𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐑...