Small Packages

By OriginalPrincess95

Life was perfect for Elijah and Katherine as they lived together in Boston before the start of the vampire di... More

St. Patty Day

Hold on

149 7 3
By OriginalPrincess95

AN: Okay, so this is the next part. There is going to be a time jump and Katherine is around 25 weeks. She is locked in the tomb and is starting to realize she and their baby are in trouble. Please don't at me for this, but you'll see where this goes and how this brings them closer. I also changed some things about season 2 and what happened after she was locked in the tomb.

"Beloved, are you sure that you can do this?" Elijah asked, making her nod. "I will be fine and so will our little princess." Katherine replied, kissing him. "Very well, as soon as we do what Niklaus needs, we will go back home." Elijah replied, making her eyes smile as he  kissed her and her growing belly with love. 

That was over four months ago. Katherine sobbed softly as she leaned against the cold bed. She was getting worried about  her baby girl. The only time the baby really moved was when she ate. Elena had brought blood a week ago but it was gone. She knew that for their baby to survive, she needed blood. 

Suddenly, the sound of the tomb opening made her look up. She saw Jeremy and felt her hunger sky rocket. Unable to control herself, she flashed over and sank her fangs into his neck. She knew he wore the ring so she guzzled as much as she could. 

She threw him back past the boundary at Bonnie's feet, making her tense. However, they were all staring at her belly. Katherine rubbed her stomach, feeling the babe moving some and went back to her bed. Damon and Stefan were shocked as another figure appeared. He looked at her, seeing how tired and small her belly was. 

"Lower the boundary and do not think to even put it back up with me in it...witches are on the side of life and right now, you're killing one." Elijah seethed, making them frown. 

"How is she pregnant?" Stefan frowned. "I turned down a threesome with a witch back in the spring...this was her revenge." Elijah told him. 

Suddenly, a splash hit the floor as Katherine screamed in horror. Bonnie lowered the boundary as he flashed to bring her out. Her water had broke as she sobbed into his shoulder. He knew why she was scared. Their baby was not likely to survive without help. Damon and Stefan looked at her as he hushed her, trying to calm her down. 

"The hospital here doesn't have a NICU." Stefan said. "But they can transfer her and the baby." Elijah argued, pulling out his phone and calling someone. 

The call was short and it sounded like the person on the other end was concerned. He put it in his pocket and lifted his fiancé up. Katherine whimpered in pain as he hushed her,  trying to keep her calm. 

Damon drove them to the hospital where Sheriff Forbes saw Katherine in Elijah's arms. Judging by how quickly the nurses and doctor's moved, something wasn't right. He looked down, feeling bad for  hurting an innocent baby. Liz saw his face as he heard Katherine scream out in pain from a contraction. 

"What the hell is she doing out of the tomb...and pregnant?" Liz frowned. "She is pregnant...she's only 25 weeks or so...Elijah and her are engaged...he pissed off a witch over St. Paddy's day and turned down a threesome...that was the revenge she got on them...but it back fired." Damon replied. "They're going to need a transport to Richmond." She sighed as Elena and Caroline came in. 

"Hey...Bonnie said  Elijah got Katherine out of the tomb." She frowned as they saw a flurry of nurses bringing an isolette from the maternity ward, "What the hell?" "Katherine is in labor with Elijah's baby." Damon said as he heard a very shrill scream. 

He walked to the other side of the nurse's station and saw a very tiny baby. Katherine looked shocked as Elijah kissed her head, tears in his eyes. She reached out to hold her tiny baby a moment, knowing they had to take her from her to treat her. 

"Katerina...she's beautiful." Elijah whispered,  in awe of the tiny life they created. "She is...and ironically, she's a fall equinox baby." Katherine sniffed. "She needs a fitting name." Elijah said. "Salem...Salem Rhayne Mikaelson." She whispered, making him chuckle. "Not after that cat." He teased. "No...our peaceful little princess." Katherine smiled. "I love it...will she ride with the babe?" Elijah asked. 

"Yes...you will have to ride behind." The doctor told him. "Very well...I will be right behind you, Katerina." Elijah promised. "Bring me something to put on afterwards please." She asked. "I've got someone handling that." He promised, making her nod as they were transferred to another bed and the baby was put into an incubator. 

Damon saw her face as they were rolled out and sighed. He saw the tiny baby and how small she was. Elijah was talking to someone, sounding annoyed until he heard a name. Elena saw him listening. 

"Niklaus...this is not about you...my daughter is fighting for her life...I will not leave her or her mother...your witch in Boston happened...we will see how things go but right now I will not...they need me...I've been at your side a thousand years...don't act as if I am denying you anything." Elijah snarled before hanging up. 

"What?" Elena asked. "Klaus being a dick...I'm going to drive him up...that kid is innocent." Damon told her, making her frown.  "So what?" Elena said. "So, it was my doing that put her there...I heard the baby's heart and thought I was hearing things...its on me if that baby doesn't survive." Damon snapped, making her stare. 

"Damon...I do not blame you for that...I should have insisted on Katerina staying behind." Elijah said. "Well, there is nothing we can do now...I can give you a ride up." Damon said, making him nod. "Thank you...And thank you Sheriff for the the escort." Elijah said. 

"Its nothing...I would do it for anyone with a baby that little...but she's a fighter...good luck Elijah." She smiled. "Thank you." Elijah replied. 

Damon and Elijah drove to Richmond behind the ambulance and police escort. The younger vampire saw him fiddling with the ring box in his pocket and smirked. Elijah saw his smile and turned to him. 

"What?" He asked. "Thinking of popping the question?" He asked ."I am...just thinking right now isn't the best." Elijah sighed. "What did you get her?" Damon replied. "A black diamond with the wedding band with it...its in a separate box." Elijah told him as he passed the box to him. 

Damon opened the box and saw the elegant ring. It was fitting for her. The black diamond was just bold enough for Katherine to make a statement. It was not gaudy or overly flashy. He smiled closing it and handing it back to Elijah. 

"Its fitting...I would do it when the baby makes her first milestone...maybe when you get to hold her for the first time." Damon replied, making him look at him. "I will keep that in mind...you are helping me and yet you know my brother is coming to kill the woman you are in love with?" Elijah said, making him sigh. "I know...but kids are innocent...Elena doesn't understand that yet...I've seen Stefan rip apart entire families including kids...I don't want that kind of blood on my hands...and part of me will always love Katherine but you've got the real her...I'll settle at this point for being there for her when you have to go help Klaus." Damon said, making him smile. "Thank you...I will let you know how the baby is as much as I can." Elijah said, seeing the truce that he was offering.

When they arrived, Elijah told the nurses that Damon was Katherine's brother. He noticed there was a bit of compulsion involved as they were rushed back. Katherine was being settled as they moved the baby to nursery. Damon stood in the doorway, watching as they quickly placed Salem on monitors and oxygen. He heard the cries of the baby and wished he could comfort her. 

Katherine saw him watching from a far and turned to Elijah. He smiled as he explained to him what they talked about. She was stunned as he turned back to them and walked over, kissing her forehead. 

"I am so sorry." He whispered, his blue eyes misty. "I don't blame you." Katherine said, seeing the sincerity in his eyes. "I should have did more." He said. "You didn't know then...I was the stubborn  one and now it bit me in the ass." Katherine argued.

A few hours later, they were moved into a private room with the baby. Damon smiled when he saw the baby. She was stable despite how tiny she was. Katherine was changed into a delivery gown and robe as Elijah and her looked at their baby. 

"Miss Salem is stable...her lungs are working great." The doctor smiled, making Katherine stare as she took her baby's tiny finger.  "When can I hold her?" Katherine asked. "I am not sure...while she is stable...her skin is still kind of see through...which leaves her open for infection if we're not careful." She replied, making Elijah nod. 

"So once her skin finishes darkening, we can start to hold her?" Elijah asked. "Yes...so we will have you guys gown up whenever you're holding her in the future." She smiled, making him nod. 

"How long will she be in the NICU?" Damon asked, making her turn. "Well, Salem wasn't due until December and mama was pretty small so she  has a ways to go...she's only a pound...she needs to be at least five to leave here...it will take some time." She told him.

The next few days were a blur for the three. Elena was miffed when she heard that Damon was becoming attached to the babe. The others were shocked at how cold she was behaving and started to distance themselves a bit from her. Elijah had to leave to go handle the sacrifice and Damon was going to stay with them. Afterwards, he was going to going to go home for a bit but promised to be there if they needed him. 

One evening, Katherine and Elijah were hunting in town, leaving Damon with Salem. He sat at the baby's side as he held her hand. She stirred slightly as he smiled, still amazed how she was fighting. 

"Hey kiddo...Uncle Damon has to go home for a bit." He said, holding her hand, "Your Uncle Klaus is making trouble and your dad and me have to make sure he doesn't slaughter everyone...But don't worry, when you get out of here, I will be there every chance I can to spoil you and annoy your old man."

Unknown to him, Katherine, Elijah and a nurse listened from the doorway. Katherine had a smile on her face, knowing that they had found the perfect person to watch after her if they couldn't. Elijah had a smile as well, knowing that he loved that child as much as them. He only could hope that his brother loved her just as much. 

"And don't worry about anyone trying to hurt you...because they will have to get through me." Damon said, earning a soft sound from the babe. 

"You and her daddy you mean." Katherine teased as he smiled. "Oh no...mama is back." Damon said, making Elijah chuckle. 

Katherine smiled as she walked to her side and saw how much as had improved since they arrived. She could only hope that she continued to do so. She just wanted to hold her baby girl and go home. 

Four Months later...

Damon sighed as he sat in his living room  after getting back from Tennessee. Stefan was out with Klaus causing trouble and Elena was mad at him for not trying harder. He felt his phone buzzing in his pocket as Alaric came in. He frowned, seeing the message on the screen. 

Salem is sick...she isn't doing well.

"Damon?" Alaric frowned, seeing his face drain of all color. "Yeah?" He asked. "You look worried." He said. "Katherine...she just sent me a message...the baby is sick." Damon said, rising. "What...I thought they were going to let her go home soon?" He frowned. "They were...I need to go...tell Elena that I'm sorry about Stefan but he has made his choices." Damon sighed, making him nod. "Yeah...let me know...I know that baby means something to you." Alaric replied. 

Damon left just as Elena walked in. She saw the fear in his eyes as he sped off towards Richmond. She turned to Alaric who stood on the porch.

"Uh...what's going on?" She frowned. "The baby is really sick." He told her. "He spent alot of time with them...how do we know he can be trusted." Elena frowned, making Alaric sigh. "Elena, he feels responsible for Salem being born so early...a part of him will always love with Katherine." He told her.

When he arrived, Elijah was holding Katherine. She was crying as she watched the doctors tending to the baby. He heard her screams of pain as he walked over.

"What's wrong?" He asked. "She's not eating...I don’t know why." Katherine sniffed. "She's going to be okay...could she be more like us?" Damon asked, making Elijah look at him.

"She did break skin the other day." Elijah frowned, making her look at him.  "You think she needs it?" Katherine asked. "Its entirely possible beloved." Elijah said.

The doctors couldn’t find anything wrong with Salem and let her go back. Katherine put her to her breast and began to feed her. The tiny babe broke skin again and this time drew blood. They were amazed to see the tiny veins on her face.
  "She has fangs." Katherine breathed. "Hmm...maybe that witch bitch intended on her being like you?" Damon asked, sitting down. "Indeed...thank you." Elijah smiled. "Its nothing...I told you...I like her...I'm fun uncle Damon." He grinned.

Salem awoke later that night as Katherine and Elijah slept. He picked her up and stood in the window with her. She stared at him with wonder as he sat down.

"Don't worry kiddo, I'll always have your back." He promised, rocking her back to sleep.

AN: Sorry it has taken so long to get this started and up...work had been hell. All the images belong to their respective owners and only character I own is salem. Please remember to review.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 33.1K 60
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
308K 17.6K 69
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
970K 38.5K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
2.1M 110K 62
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...