Officer, Arrest Me

By nojamsbts

Lev Sanders has recently been transferred to Watson Lake after a series of mishappenings occur down in the ma... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight

Chapter One

11.4K 347 77
By nojamsbts

Third Person
[for a better experience]

"Up for a game of I-Spy?" The ginger quipped.

He got up to throw away the tissue that he used to wipe the crumbs of his seventh donut off of his police uniform.

The man had just scarfed down the last donut within ten seconds — no, it was probably way less than that is what Lev was thinking as the big man released a hearty burp and walked back over to his seat.

He looked at Lev expectantly.

Lev shrugged, looking away from the 5'11 man to glance at his clear desk filled with absolutely nothing but a black landline to answer emergency phone calls that hardly ever occurred.

"What else is there to do?" Lev replied.

Coming from a large city with a population of 2.9 million and counting, life was always abuzz with things happening, things to do, and things to discover. Moving to such a quiet town with less than 5,000 people residing in the underwhelming humble abode was something new to Lev.

Growing up in the city of Port Colborne and eventually becoming police captain of the rambunctious and dysfunctional city with constant strange happenings, crime 24/7, and its bustling nature was Lev's 'normal.'

It was normal for the police station to be crowed with officers and criminals or crime suspects flooding the large space. It was normal for calls to come in at every second because something was going on whether it be a woman who was getting robbed by a bandit who was foolish enough to not bring a weapon and wear a mask to disguise his appearance or a dead body being discovered deep in the large city park with multiple stab wounds and no trace of a suspect.

Lev was used to withstanding things like that.

This little quiet town, however, was not Lev's speed.

He was here for two weeks now and not a thing has happened. No potential crime suspect or victim of any crime. No peep from anyone other than the ginger who Lev was sure had a donut addiction, living up to the name that police men held for being obsessed with donuts. But most certainly, no phone calls.

Well, to be fair, there was that one phone call last Thursday but it was an accidental call. Somehow someone managed to butt dial the station. Lev didn't know it was possible but that was his excitement of last week so he held onto that incident dearly. Truth be told, Lev didn't exactly hate that it was so quiet, in actuality it was the change of pace he needed.

Being police captain came with responsibilities that Lev got accustomed to, but it also brought along stress that his mother swore her 'poor baby' didn't need. His mother, oddly enough, thought that her six foot five inch son with the muscle to move a car with his bare hands, and probably break a finger or hand in two was still her baby boy. Lev didn't have it in him to correct the 40 year old woman who was still very much in love with enjoying happy hour with her girls friends Jessica Anne and Tasha Marie. Not to mention her crush on the bartender who is definitely half her age.

Though the circumstances surrounding his departure from the big name station to the one he currently resides in now is not the best, Lev decided to take the demotion in stride. It wasn't like him to dwell on the negatives or the bad for long. It was like him to be optimistic and positive despite him being an officer who has both seen and experienced the worst of the worst. As his younger sister would like to say, Lev Sanders is a different 'breed.'

Lev still doesn't know what that means.

"The enthusiasm is really making my day." The ginger said with honey sweet sarcasm in his tone.

Lev quirked a smile, eventually chuckling a little in response. The red hair man shot Lev a quick smile before allowing his eyes to roam the small room encompassing four desks with a single chair sat beside each desk and a black desk phone sitting atop the large metal desks sitting on the ground. There were two holding cells in the back, but they were collecting dust.

Despite their being four desks, only two were taken by Lev and his ginger partner — or it was the other way around as claimed by the red head who had been working in Watson Lake for approximately three years now and wanted to refer to Lev as the partner or 'sidekick.' The lack of officers present was due to there being a lack of a need for officers in the area due to there being no trace of crime present, therefore, leaving no need to employ multiple officers.

It was a good thing that crime hardly ever occurred, it truly was, but Lev couldn't help but crave the delicious bite of crime. He needed a fix, and he needed it badly.

Or at least, something entertaining.

He could only live off of the memes — the 28-year-old man tragically mispronounced them as 'me-me' — that his gen-z little sister, who was a little more than ten years younger than him, would send him during work for so long.

Though, the memes were somewhat better to Lev than the Tiktoks she'd send and heaven forbid the times when she would ask him to give his insight on one of the dances she'd beg him to watch her do on their occasional FaceTime calls. The latest dance she was obsessed with is the one with the lyrics that go, 'I'll dance, dance, dance, with my arms?' Lev shakes his head.

He couldn't remember but he definitely remembered the lyrics going something like that, not that it mattered but his mind would roam constantly like this because there was simply nothing better to do. The ginger proposing a game of I-Spy didn't seem like much fun but he'd probably play it with the 26 year old man anyway because, as said before, there is nothing better to do.

"I spy something fluorescent and white." The red head plays with his pen, clicking it continuously which successfully helps in drowning out Lev's thoughts.

"Andy." Lev begins, looking at how the man indifferently spins in his chair while obnoxiously clicking his pen. "Isn't this supposed to be hard? We both know you're talking about the fluorescent lights."

Andy gaps at the older man. "Shit, you're good."

Lev shakes his head, a chuckle bubbling up that he allows to fall past his voluminous pink lips.

"You're a dumbass." Lev reclines in his chair, the smile on his face faint but there.

"Must be the red dye seeping into my head, it's probably affecting my brain." Andy theorized, Lev narrowed his eyes.

"You're a natural ginger though." Lev pointed out. "So what the hell are you talking about?"

The ginger shrugs. "I don't know, man. This boredom is driving me insane. Maybe I should've listened to my aunt."

This is something Lev was slowly getting used to, Andy's weird antics. The man was normal at first but slowly as time went on — mind you it's only week two since Lev has been working in Watson Lake — the red head has began to reveal his true, crazy self under the guise that it's because of the 'boredom' he's always undergoing while they share most of their shifts but Lev feels like that man just has a few loose screws.

The younger man is all there but sometimes, he'd just say or do random or weird things that left Lev questioning if this is just how Andy behaves or if he's truly doing the things he does and says because there's nothing to do and being weird fills up time? Lev didn't understand but maybe he'd become a wacko too after three years just like good ole Andy Smith has.

Lev shudders — God no.

Lev decides to divert his attention to the computer screen in front of him as that would probably be a better way to spend his time. Maybe he should try playing solitaire even though he's never played the game before. Why not try it out, right? Better than watching those TokTiks.

"I spy two boys dancing or...fighting? Yeah, looks more like fighting to me." Andy silently muses.

His musing reaches Lev's ears to which, the older male shakes his head as he believes that Andy is back at it again with his minor, maybe not so minor anymore, craziness.

"Andy, coming up with things doesn't make it any more fun." Lev deadpans.

Andy hums thoughtfully, his eyes directed towards the rectangular window located on the wall to the right, directly to the right side of where Lev is sitting. "Yeah, no. Definitely not hallucinating or making things up this time."

Lev looks up at Andy and notices the red heads eyes trained on something past Lev's head. Andy continues to look out the window on the other side of the older man's head. Almost immediately, Lev jerks in his seat and turns around to look out of the window like Andy is doing. To his surprise, he sees two boys fighting.

As if it was second nature to him, though it's more like a reflex by now, Lev is out of his seat and he's racing out of the precinct. His heart is racing just slightly, his blood is pumping, and the familiar feeling of catching criminals comes back to Lev all at once. This is what he needed, this is what he's been craving, this is what he's been itching for.

With the endurance of a tiger, speed of a cheetah, and stealth of a Fox, Lev easily manages to get close enough to the boys as they continue to be so absorbed in fighting that they don't noticed the titan of an officer mere inches away from them, to Lev's satisfaction. It happens in almost a split second, the way Lev hooks his foot around one of the boys ankle and wounds his muscled bicep around his neck. In no time, the boy has tripped over his own foot clumsily and is forced against Lev's chest in a chokehold.

The boy flails around while the other boy takes in the scene before him with shock followed by his immediate instinct to run as he sees the look in Lev's eyes that told him he would be in a world of trouble if Lev managed to get his hands on him so he fled, leaving the remaining boy to struggle against Lev but it was a fruitless attempt. There was no getting out of Lev's hold once he's got his hands on you, he had an iron grip. That's what he was known as in his old precinct — Iron Grip, it was a nickname they gave him; well deserved of course.

"Get the fuck off me!" The boy hollers loudly, refusing to let up but that was something Lev anticipated would happen.

Somehow criminals thought that by saying, 'get off me,' especially with an expletive following alongside it for emphasis and to exaggerate the anger behind being restrained, the officer would kindly let go of them and bid them goodbye. Lev never understood why that was their catchphrase but this was mildly entertaining for him.

The amount of adrenaline buzzing through the older man's veins was probably unhealthy. He was certain that he was addicted to this feeling at this point, that was the only way to explain his reaction to how good catching a criminal felt. Though it was possible that this boy isn't a criminal, he still needed to be brought in even if just for some more momentary entertainment.

"You know, I probably won't be doing that." Lev says as he begins to walk towards the station with the boy in his arms.

"I didn't fucking do anything!" The boy continues to thrash about in Lev's big arms. "You can't bring me in for not doing anything you fucking asshole!"

The boy was beyond irritated, his face red, and his hair the definition of unruly. Lev's impenetrable right arm refused to let up around his neck as there was enough pressure to keep him still but not hurt him. His other hand served to be 'handcuffs' as he held the younger boys wrists in his left hand that was far bigger than one of the boys hands.

The boys heart was racing.

He had never encountered an officer like Lev nor has he ever seen this officer before in his life so he was confused as to when he began working or even living in this retched town.

However, his concern at the moment was neither this new giant of an officer nor was it being dragged away into this stupid police station that he's been in dozens of times before because getting into trouble was inevitable for the 22-year-old boy.

His concern was the stab wound on the right side of his abdomen that he just noticed.

Fuck.

Note

Happy new year! I thought it was only right to ring in the new year with a new story. I've been wanting to branch outside of my The Alpha (tentative series name) series and this is what has blossomed. Though this will be a short one, I hope you all will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed working on it.

Warning: there will be explicit sexual content. This is a story for mature audiences. You have been warned.

P.S don't hesitate to leave song suggestions that you feel fits the vibe of this story! (On the look out for more.)

Without further ado, enjoy <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 43.6K 44
| BOOK 2: Torn Series | The scatterbrained Beta of the Crescent Falls pack thought that he was straight. That is, until he met Corey Cahill. The myst...
1.3M 33.6K 59
The story of a boy, a man, and a lie. Leo, an 18 year old high school senior overwhelmed by the pressures of work and school, finds himself desperat...
1.5M 56.4K 57
Cover by @Doberman21 Danny McArthur is a 17yr old Secondary School senior who identifies as an Omega where Secondary genders are common place. Alphas...
King's Guard By kara

General Fiction

4.1M 149K 48
"Why are you staring at me like that?" "Like what?" "Like you want to tear off my clothes." "And what if I do?" ~~~ Kingsley didn't believe in love...