BREATH-TAKEN[A Fred Weasley F...

By Emmajolt_06

In the achingly beautiful novel, "Breath taken," two souls discover a love so profound that it transcends tim... More

Chapter 1:Platform 9 3/4
Chapter 2:The Feast
Chapter 3: The Portkey
Chapter 4: Separated
Chapter 5: Triwizard Tournament
Chapter 6: The Unforgivable Curses
Chapter 7: Weirdos with Beardos
Chapter 8: The Four Champions
Chapter 9: The First Task
Chapter 10: The Dance Class
Chapter 11: The Yule Ball
Chapter 12: The Second Task
Chapter 13: Devastated
Chapter 14: Back Together Again
Chapter 15: The Third Task
Chapter 16: Mourning
Chapter 17: Grief-Stricken
Chapter 18: Grief-Stricken(continued)
Chapter 19: Ready to fight
Chapter 20: Back to Hogwarts
Chapter 21: Detention With Umbridge
Chapter 22: It hurts!
Chapter 23: Dumbledore's Army
Chapter 24: Wands in a Knot
Chapter 25: Merry Christmas
Chapter 26: The New Headmistress
Chapter 27: The Department of Mysteries
Chapter 28: Missing
Chapter 29: Blood
Chapter 30: Veracity
Chapter 31: Promise
Chapter 32: Harry's Here!
Chapter 33: Draco
Chapter 34: Felix Felicis
Chapter 35: Hogsmeade
Chapter 36: Christmas Party
Chapter 37: The Fire
Chapter 38: The Proposal
Chapter 39: A Day spent well
Chapter 40: Poisoned
Chapter 41: Sectumsempra
Chapter 42: Butterfly Effects
Chapter 43: The Battle of the Astronomy tower
Chapter 44: Resolving
Chapter 45: Preparations
Chapter 46: The Wedding
Chapter 47: Long time no see
Chapter 48: Do you have to go?!
Chapter 49: Saint-like
Chapter 50: In a tight spot
Chapter 52: Recreating
Chapter 53: Welcome back
Chapter 54: Back to Grimmauld Place
Chapter 55: On the run
Chapter 56: Memories
Chapter 57: It's been a year!
Chapter 58: Missing Again
Chapter 59: Attacked
Chapter 60: Despair
Chapter 61: Unexpected Guest
Chapter 62: Graveyard
Chapter 63: The Last Peaceful day
Chapter 64: We'll get through this together
Chapter 65: The Battle
Chapter 66: The Battle(Continued)
Chapter 67: The Battle
Chapter 68: Drunk
Chapter 69: Funeral
Chapter 70: The Dairy
Chapter 71: I never left!
Chapter 72: Reunited

Chapter 51: Unusual Forgetfulness

53 3 0
By Emmajolt_06

We had apparated near a lake. It took me a moment to realize we were in the Muggle world. I walked towards Freddie and Ann.

"Ann! Nothing is going to happen! We're safe! I'm here!!" I heard Freddie telling. I  saw she was moving convulsively. Freddie was holding her hands tight. He was in tears.

"Freddie...what's happening?" I asked.

"George...go near the lake...you'll find a shop... an ice cream shop...go to the guy in the shop his name is Jacob...call him...tell him Ann is in trouble!" he said holding her hand and looking at me and then at her.

"Yeah..okay!" I said standing up. I ran to the lake and searched for the shop. Then I saw the ice cream shop and people around it. I ran towards the shop and entered from the back.

"Who are you!? What are you doing here!?" the man asked.

"Are you Jacob!?" I asked.

"Wait...you are Fred aren't you!? but you look a bit different!" he said.

"Are you JACOB!!?" I asked.

"Yes yes it is me!" he said.

"Ann...she's in trouble...Ann...I mean Mia!" I said.

"What happened!? Okay I'm coming!" he said pulling the shutter of the shop.

"Do it soon please!!" I said. He hurriedly locked the door and I ran towards Freddie, while the other man followed me. We reached them and saw Ann was still moving but a bit slowly.

"What happened!?" the man asked kneeling down before her. He held her other hand and started rubbing it.

"I can't explain now! But can you help her!?" Freddie asked.

"She's having a seizure...place her on her side!" he told. Freddie laid her on the ground and on her side. Then man looked at his watch, he was timing the seizure. She stopped moving after few seconds.

"When did the seizure start!? When did she start shaking like this!?" he asked.

"A-About a minute before!" Freddie said.

"Then it is not a problem! But we have to get her to the hospital!" he said. The man brought his car and we sat inside and he drove us to the hospital.

"You don't know much about his world! Just keep quiet and don't speak much!" he said and got down. Freddie and I got down of the car. Freddie lifted Ann and we walked inside the hospital.

"She had a seizure and there was an accident!" the man said.

"This way!" the lady said leading us into a room. The doctors were looking at her and we were told to go out.

"You'll have to pay!" the lady at the counter said.

"Pay!?" Freddie asked.

"They'll do only the first aid for now...you'll have to pay..." she was telling.

"SHE COULD DIE!!" Freddie yelled at her.

"Freddie...they are the only one who can help her...we don't want to get into an argument with them!!" I said pulling him backward. We didn't have any money.

"Stay here!! I'll get the money! And don't make a scene here!!" Jacob said and left. Freddie couldn't sit in a place. He would keep walking around.

"Something happens to her and I swear I'll kill her sister!!" Freddie muttered as he walked around.

"Not now Freddie!! Nothing is going to happen to her!" I said.
Eventually Jacob came with the money and he paid the lady at the counter. After a long time, the doctor came out of the room. She was speaking to Jacob. Freddie and I walked towards her.

"What happened! How is she!?" Freddie asked.

"And how are you related to her!?" she asked him. Why is everyone interested in how we are related to her!?

"I'm her husband!" he said.

"Oh okay! She is fine...she is okay..." she trailed off.

"But!?" Jacob asked.

"But the part of the brain she got hurt might affect her memory." She said.

"Meaning!?" I asked.

"She will not remember anything...who she is, the people she knew..." she said.

"I want to leave!" Freddie said turning away from the doctor.

"Freddie...no wait! Atleast listen to what she says!" I said pulling him back.

"Leave me Georgie!!" he said.

"What!? You are going to leave her just 'cause she lost her memory!!?" I asked him.

Fred's POV

"She will not remember anything...who she is, the people she knew..." the doctor said. My eyes began welling up. What could be worse! It isn't even a month since we got married and now she forgets everything! Everything!! Why does it have to be her!?

"I want to leave!" I said turning away from the doctor.

"Freddie...no wait! Atleast listen to what she says!" Georgie said pulling me back.

"Leave me Georgie!!" I said.

"What!? You are going to leave her just 'cause she lost her memory!!?" he asked me. I wouldn't leave her! I would never! It's just...I couldn't believe it that's all.
I turned back to the doctor.

"It's not that she has completely forgotten everything. There are things, incidents, which can trigger the memory and she will be able to remember everything!" the doctor said.

"Incidents like....?" Georgie asked.

"Major incidents in her life which...might have hurt her a lot or which she loved a lot... Or you could recite what happened in her life as a story to her and eventually she will be able to remember." the doctor said.

"Could I see her!?" I asked the doctor.

"Sure!" she said moving aside.
I walked into the room, while Jacob and Georgie spoke to the doctor. I sat on the chair next to Ann and leaned towards her. I held her hand and looked at her.

"You can't do this to me Ann! It's not fair!" I whispered though I knew it was no use. Tears rolled down my cheek. All the memories, the time I have spent with her began flashing before my eyes.

"Freddie..." Georgie said keeping his hand on my shoulder. "Everything will be fine!"
I didn't say anything. I just wiped away the tears off my face.

"Where will you live!?" Jacob asked. Georgie looked at me. He hadn't come here recently...the only time he came was when we were young.

"We'll live at Ann's house! But we'll stay here till they discharge her!" I said.

"Okay!" Georgie said.

"Jacob...thank you!" I said.

"Ahh no worries! Their parents are the reason my wife is alive...their kindness helped her today! That's all!" he said sitting on the chair.

"Umm sir...you told us that we didn't know much about this world...I didn't quite understand why you said that!" Georgie said.

"Because he knows you are not from the muggle-world!" someone said. I turned back to see who it was. She had brought a basket with her. How did she know the word 'muggle' I thought at first but then I turned back to Ann.

"Jenny dear! I thought you would never come!" Jacob said hugging her. It was Jenny, his wife. I was in tears when I saw them. They reminded me of me and Ann.

"Please....have a seat!" George said standing up. She sat on the chair, while Georgie stood up.

"So you must be Fred, Molly's boy!" she said. I nodded. I wasn't in a mood to speak to anyone.

"How do you know our mum!?" Georgie asked.

"We were all in the same year, different houses, but good friends!" she said.
They spoke for some time, I was least interested in listening to what they spoke, all I did was look at Ann. Then I realized Georgie hadn't eaten. I didn't want to leave Ann, but that didn't mean I'd let him starve, I was elder to him after all. I had to look after him too.

"Georgie...stay here with Ann. I'll get some food for you!" I said standing up.

"Freddie! I'm not hungry!" he said.

"Just...stay here with her!" I said as I walked towards the door.

"There's no need for that dear! Besides you won't find any hotels open at this hour!" Jenny said. I turned around and saw she was taking out a few boxes from the basket. She had already brought some food for us.

"Oh no please! You've already done a lot for us!" I said.

"What her parents have done for us, we can never repay back! This is the least we can do for her!" Jacob said.

"Eat! You'll feel better!" she said.

"Later maybe! But thank you!" I said sitting next to Ann.
Jacob and Jenny left, telling they would come back tomorrow. Georgie came and sat on the chair on the other side of Ann.

"Freddie...I know this is not the right time but..." he began saying.

"This is definitely not the right time Georgie!" I said holding Ann's hand tighter.

"She knew this would happen!" he said.

"G-Georgie...what are you talking about!?" I asked looking at him.

"She knew Freddie...that she would lose her memory...only she thought she would be obliviated!" he said. "She asked me what I would do if she lost her memory and forgot us!"

"When...did she ask!?" I asked him.

"Just before Kingsley sent his patronus!" he said.

"Oh okay!" I said. "Now eat!"

"I'm not hungry!" he said.

"Georgie please! Just eat!" I said. He didn't say anything but he took one of the boxes and began eating. Eventually Georgie fell asleep, but I couldn't sleep. I stayed up the whole night. It was almost morning and I still couldn't sleep.

"Freddie...sleep! I'm awake!" Georgie said.

"No Georgie! It's okay!" I said. I saw Jacob was here.

"Fred! We are here! Take some rest!" Jacob said.
I just rested my head on Ann's hand and eventually I fell asleep.

After a long time I heard Jacob speaking. I slightly opened my eyes and saw Georgie was tensed.

"Georgie what's wrong!?" I asked. He looked at Ann. I turned to Ann and saw she was awake.

"Hey there lo...I mean Ann!" I said as tucked the hair behind her ear. I could see she wasn't feeling comfortable. "What's wrong!?"

"I'm sorry...but who are you!?" she asked. I didn't know to say or what to do. A tear rolled down my cheek as I looked at her.
"Hey don't cry! I'm sorry but it's just... I can't remember anyone!" she said trying to console me. 

"No no it's just..." I said wiping off the tears. "I'm Fred, we...we were friends!" I didn't want to tell that we were married. Just imagine, she wakes up not knowing who she even was, she doesn't know who I am and if I'd tell that I'm her husband, she'd freak out! She was uncomfortable enough with me tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Oh okay!" she said.

"Ann! You really don't remember anything!?" I asked.

"Umm...no. the only thing I know is I'm Mia Anderson. He is Jacob and he's George and she's Jenny! And I know them only because they introduced themselves and now you did!" she said. I heard someone open the door. It was the doctor.

"Mr. Weasley, a word!" she said.

"Sure! I'll be back!" I said standing up, looking at Ann. She nodded. I walked out. Even Jacob came with me.

"Yes!?" I asked the doctor.

"The part of the brain which is injured, makes her completely lose her memory. Autobiographical Amnesia" she said. I never understand all this big words.

"Common man language doctor please!" I requested her.

"Sorry. There is a treatment for everything Mr. Weasley! In such cases, each and everything related to her, people, situations. I mean, every incident that has occurred in her life, starting from the most recent ones to the ones in the past. You will have to recreate everything. And as you recreate everything, when the most important events in her life occurs again...she will be able to recall everything! But you must have a lot of patience. It might even take months!" she said.

"Is...is that even possible!?" I asked.

"Of course Mr. Weasley!" she said and left. I sat on the chair. Jacob sat next to me.

"What am I supposed to do!?" I said running my fingers through my hair, trying to figure out what to do.

"We'll figure out something Fred! Don't worry!" he said. "Jenny and I will go to her home...set up few things...clean up!"

We went inside and saw everyone was quiet. No one was speaking. I sat on the chair, next to Ann as usual. I didn't know what to do. So even I kept quiet. Jenny had brought some food, she kept it on the table and she and Jacob left. I took a box and went to Ann. I opened the lid and gave a spoon and gave it to her. I wasn't sure if she'd be okay if I fed her.

"I don't want Fred!" she said.

"You have to eat Ann!" I insisted her.

"No Fred!" she said.

"Please!" I requested her. She looked at me for a few seconds and then took the box and began eating. There was complete silence the whole day. Neither did she say anything nor did we. It was night. Ann fell asleep. Jacob and Jenny are here. Jenny was sitting next to Ann while I stood next to the bed.

"She really didn't speak anything!?" Jenny asked.

"Not a word! She spoke last when Freddie asked her to eat! That's all!" Georgie said.

"What does she have to speak!? She doesn't remember anything! It's as good as she is obliviated! What will she speak!?" I said looking at her.

"Freddie don't say that!" Georgie said.

"What else am I supposed to say!? SHE DOESN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING!! And it's not her fault!!" I said when I felt a tugging at my shirt. I turned around it was Ann.

"Fred!" she said. I saw she was in tears.

"Ann...what is it!? Why are you crying!?" I asked kneeling down before her.

"I'm sorry Fred! I am really trying to remember but it's all blank! It's like searching for a story in an empty book!" she said crying.

"Why are you sorry for that Ann!? It's not your fault!" I said.

"I'm really sorry!" she said as she flung her arms around me. I didn't expect that!

"You have nothing to be sorry Ann! You'll get back your memories! I promise!" I said hugging her and brushing her hair. "You want to eat!? Jenny brought some food for you!"

"Umm...yeah okay!" she said pulling away from the hug.
Jenny gave the box to Ann, which she took delightedly and began eating. She fell asleep again.

"I know someone who would want to see her! Mind if I bring him tomorrow!?" Jacob asked.

"Jacob no! You know what happened between them!" Jenny said.

"She doesn't remember....besides it might trigger something!" Jacob said.

"If you think she might remember something...then yes sure!" I said. Jacob and Jenny left.

"You think she remembered something!?" Georgie asked.

"I don't know!" I said.

"Maybe she did you know! At first when she saw you she kind of didn't feel comfortable but then she literally flung her arms around you and started crying!" he said.

"Which makes it more difficult for me!" I said.

"Why's that!?" he asked.

"It's hard...to see that she doesn't remember anything after all we've been through! It's hard!" I said.

"It's okay Freddie! She'll be fine! It'll be back to how we were before! I promise!" he said.

"Thanks Georgie! I don't know what I would have done without you!" I said hugging him.

"You are my brother you git! I'll always be there for you!" he said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 35 33
{𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟐} I've written two stories. One in Golen Trio Era, one in Marauders. Completely different stories and characters but the one constant is...
4.9K 176 25
You've always loathed the twins and never could be in a room with them without fighting and bickering. But everything changes after your fifth year w...
9.1K 227 56
This is a y/n and Fred Weasley love story fan fiction You are a Ravenclaw and transferring to Hogwarts entering your 5th year. You're friends consist...
70.9K 2.4K 92
A Slytherin and a Gryffindor, two houses that for the most part despise each other, more like a modern day Romeo and Juliet, Jesse and George break t...