Flamed Out (Roy Mustang X Oc)

By Bohannon_

An au Follows the 09 anime, with swears and heavy topics, but not too heavy. I try to be sensitive to the peo... More

Authors note
Chapter 1 (revised)
Chapter 2 (revised)
Chapter 3 (revised)
Chapter 4 (revised)
Chapter 5 (revised)
Chapter 6 (revised)
Chapter 7 (revised)
Chapter 8 (revised)
Chapter 9 (revised)
Chapter 10 (revised)
Chapter 11 (revised)
Chapter 12 (revised)
Chapter 13 (revised)
Chapter 14 (revised)
Chapter 15 (revised)
Chapter 16 (revised)
Chapter 17 (revised)
Chapter 18 (revised)
Chapter 19 (revised)
Chapter 20 (revised)
Chapter 21 (revised)
Chapter 22 (revised)
Chapter 23 (revised)
Chapter 24 (revised)
Chapter 25 (revised)
Chapter 26 (revised)
Chapter 27 (revised)
Chapter 28 (revised)
Chapter 29 (revised)
Chapter 30 (revised)
Chapter 31 (revised)
Chapter 32 (revised)
Chapter 33 (revised)
Chapter 34 (revised)
Chapter 35 (revised)
Chapter 36 (edited)
Chapter 37 (edited)
Chapter 38 (edited)
Chapter 39 (edited)
Chapter 40 (edited)
Chapter 41 (edited)
Chapter 42 (edited)
Chapter 43 (edited)
Chapter 44 (edited)
Chapter 45 (edited)
Chapter 46 (edited)
Chapter 47 (edited)
Chapter 48 (edited)
Chapter 49 (edited)
Chapter 50 (edited)
Chapter 51 (edited)
Chapter 52 (edited)
Chapter 53 (edited)
Chapter 54 (edited)
Chapter 55 (edited)
Chapter 57 (edited)
Chapter 58 (edited)
Chapter 59 (edited)
Chapter 60 (edited)
Chapter 61 (edited)
Chapter 62 (edited)
Chapter 63 (edited)
Chapter 64 (edited)
Chapter 65 (edited)
Chapter 66 (edited)
Chapter 67 (edited)
Chapter 68
Epiloge
Last author's note

Chapter 56 (edited)

346 7 2
By Bohannon_

(Hunter's POV)

She sat quiet, knowing that she said something she was not supposed to.

Miles came back into the room.

"Repeat that again for me Sir." I glared at her.

"What's going on?" Miles stepped closer.

I turned to him. "Did you know?"

He stepped back surprised by my expression.

"Did you?!" I raised my voice. "Major Miles, did you or did you not know about Bradley being the cause for Mustang and I's separation?"

"Enough Devlin!" Armstrong's loud voice echoed. I turned to her, coming face to face with the woman.

Two women of power working side by side is terrifying in its own right. But having them come face to face, butting heads? That's even scarier.

The tension in the room raised.

Miles put his hands on my shoulders, quickly trying to defuse the situation. "Devlin-"

"You would know sooner or later. It was just a matter of time." She cut him off.

I turned to Miles, looking for his excuse.

"I did know. But how was I supposed to tell you? You were so upset over Buccaneer, I wouldn't add to your heartache." He reasoned.

"That was not your call to make." I walked passed both of them, throwing my uniform and jacket on the bed. "I am going to see Mustang and when I come back you two will be gone."

"Oh what?! I'm taking orders from you now?!" Armstrong yelled at me.

"Are you abandoning us?!" Miles interjected.

I turned to both of them. "I am not abandoning you. You are my family. You are all I have left. But I cannot stand to see you right now." My voice was stone.

"You knew what kind of pain I was in, you knew how I felt, and yet you withheld the truth from me! I have a right to be angry!" My voice was louder than both of theirs.

I walked to the door. "I will come to you when I'm ready but I don't want to see either of you right now. So with all due respect, leave."

I glared at them and then left. I understand that you wanted to protect me, but that was not something you should've protected me from.

I stood in the elevator, an angry yet anxious mess. The amount of anger inside me.. I was shaking.

My heart stopped once the elevator doors opened, leading to the floor Roy's room is on.

I walked down the hall and came up to Ross and just by the look on my face, she knew it would not be a good idea to ask questions.

She opened the door for me and I walked in. I looked at Riza's bed, she wasn't in the room. The only people in the room were Falman, Breda and of course Roy.

Just by the way I walked in and the look on my face, combined with the outraged energy radiating off me, they knew that I had finally found the truth.

They both closed the books they were holding.

"We should step out.." Breda put his book down.

"Yeah.." Falman agreed.

"Wait, why?" Roy was confused.

"You have a visitor. A certain Inferno looking for an answer." Breda pointed at me.

Falman walked up to me, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Go easy on him."

I shook my head. "I'm not promising anything."

He paused and looked at me, I could tell he was looking at my eye. "Stop looking at my eye!" I shoed him away.

"Ah! Sorry!" He ran passed me.

The room was quiet and still as the door closed.

The emotion inside me.. the storm. Oh my god, I was so angry I wanted to break something. I started chuckling and started pacing back and forth.

"You know.." He was almost inaudible.

I laughed. "Yeah. I know. So tell me." I stopped and looked at him.

"No.." He shook his head.

"Tell me."

"No."

"Roy.."

"No."

"PLEASE! GOD! TELL ME!" I begged.

He shook his head. "I won't tell you while you're like this. Not while you're this angry at me."

"I'm not angry Roy."

He nodded. "But you are. I don't have to see you to know that you're so angry you wanna break something."

I sat on the edge of his bed. "Please.. just tell me.." I spoke softly.

He stubbornly shook his head.

I sat back, closing my eyes. My anger had bubbled over into tears, great! "Roy... I love you so much... words cannot describe." I sighed. "Please tell me. It's killing me."

I watched the emotion on his face, like hurt, almost like he wanted to cry. "No... you're angry and I'm afraid."

"What are you afraid of?!" I stood up.

He opened his mouth but quickly closed it again, completely at a loss of words.

"Well?!"

"You're angry! You'll leave!" He yelled at me, suddenly finding his voice again.

And suddenly everything made sense. Here we are, back on the topic of me leaving. He's not angry about me leaving, this time he's afraid of me leaving.

"I'm afraid that you'll be so angry you won't want to see me anymore! That you'll stop loving me!" He took a breath.

"How could you think that?" I was baffled. "All you have to do is talk."

Silence fell between us.

Unbearable silence.

I stood with tears in my eyes. The amount of love I had for this individual is not measurable, and it killed me that he's afraid to tell me the truth.

I shook my head. "Fine." I shrugged. "Fine, then I'll just believe what I was afraid of, that you stopped loving me."

He shook his head. "No."

"That you got tired of me. That you were fed up."

"No."

"That I was a bother."

"You know that's not true Hunter.."

"Yeah?" I titled my head. "How do I know? Hmm? You're not telling me the truth, so obviously I don't know anything!." I held my arms out.

"You know I love you!"

"How?! How do I know that?!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. "Tell me?! How do I know that?!"

He growled. "I willingly sacrificed myself for you!"

I froze.

"I put myself in danger for you! I lost my sight for you! I lost everything for you!" His voice echoed.

My stomach dropped.

"God! Don't you understand?! I can't tell you the details! Because you love me and you will blame yourself. And I don't want that for you!"

"Roy.. why.. why would you-"

"Because! You were in danger and I.. I couldn't let that happen.." He stopped.

"But I didn't ask you to!"

"Doesn't matter! I would do anything for you!"

"God!" I slammed my fist against the table out of anger. The table shook and books fell.

The room fell silent again and tension stunk up the small space. We were both out of breath from our screaming match.

I looked at him. "Roy Mustang.. I love you so much that... it drives me crazy." I stepped closer to his bed. "I miss you..." I sat next to him. "And it hurts.. to be apart from you."

"I want you more than anything else in this world." I cupped his face.

I pulled my hand away. "I just want to know the truth, from you. I want you to tell me. I want your story." I begged. "Why won't you tell me?"

"Because..." His voice was strained. "Because you will be angry-"

"No.." I sat back.

"You will be angry and you will leave." He continued.

"No." I stood up.

"You will leave and you won't come back."

"No! God! Why do you think that?!"

"Because that's what you do!" He argued. "You run!"

I scoffed.

"That time you went to Briggs! You left after we fought!" He yelled again.

"Oh my god!" I ran my fingers through my hair. "That wasn't about you! I took care of myself!" I stepped back. "I'm not going anywhere.. How many times do I have to tell you! I'm in! I'm still in. I've always been in."

"God!" I turned away. "I gave up Briggs for you! That should be confirmation enough!"

I took a breath. "Truth is... I don't know anything except that... I'm scared and confused and I don't know what to do.." I paused. "You're sitting here and I have people hovering around me but I'm alone and I'm terrified.."

He took a breath. "I want to talk to you. But, I want to do it when it's just us."

I turned to him. "Now is as good a time as any."

"Not for me."

I am.. losing my mind. "You.. stubborn asshole." I held my hands up. "I want to.. wrap my hands around your throat."

He gasped. "Oh? You have a new kink?"

My mouth gaped open and I couldn't help but chuckle. "Roy-" I laughed again. "Stop! We're fighting!"

He stopped chuckling and this warm look came on his face. "I miss you.."

And just like that.. he quickly defused the tension by making me laugh. He always did that.. he always knew how to do that.

"Did you want to leave me?" I was honestly afraid of what his answer might be.

"No. I never dreamed of it."

And this huge relief came over me because... it wasn't me. He didn't leave because of me. And that relief was almost overwhelming.

I nodded, taking a few breaths. "Okay.."

"We will talk just.. not now, okay?" He pleaded.

"Why?"

He sighed. "Because.. I need to work myself up first."

I scoffed. "You say that like I'm gonna.. beat you up or something."

"Well, you did say you wanted to wrap your hands around my throat."

"Okay!" I stood up. "I did say that.. but I'm not gonna do it."

He laughed at me and then he stopped. "Do you still love me?"

I glanced at him. "I never stopped. Roy Mustang, there is no one else for me. My mind is made up, it's you or no one else. I'm in."

He almost looked relieved, he nodded. "Okay."

"I see you are traumatized by my disappearing for a year but.. I promise you, this will not be like the last time."

He nodded again.

"You don't have to be afraid but.. I'll wait until you're ready to tell me." I paused and thought. "Maybe I'm not ready to hear it yet either..."

"Maybe.." He agreed. "Maybe we still need time apart."

I sighed, very, very loudly.

"What?"

"Please don't say that. I want to be with you. I'm tired of this.."

He looked sad and then he held his hand out. I gladly held his hand. "Are... are you still in?"

He paused. "I'm yours. In."

That just gave me even more relief.

"Bradley isn't even alive anymore and... he's still dictating our relationship." I shook my head.

"No. This has nothing to do with Bradley anymore, this is an us problem. The only thing that's stopping me is.. me."

I slid my hand away from him and stood up. "Call me, when you get over your fear, call me and I'll come."

I walked towards the door. "You waited years for me, I can wait for you too." I reached for the handle. "I can wait for you to... build yourself up first."

I opened the door. "And when you do, I'll still be at your side."

I looked at him.

"Trust in that."

(Roy's POV)

"Trust in that."

The sound of the door closing made me flinch, even though she had closed it gently.

I sat quietly.

At least we had come to some type of agreement. We yelled at each other first but... we agreed on something.

The way she walked in too.. terrifying. This is why we don't make Hunter mad, it's scary-

But.. at least our feelings were still on the same page. I don't think they had ever changed.

Buuut I was still annoyed at the fact that I chickened out!

Maybe it was good that I chickened out, she was probably afraid of what I might say.

Who knows what might've happened if I had told her while she was angry. That infamous Briggs temper- she even told me how one of the rules of Briggs was "show mercy and you're dead"

Well, that explains her idea to basically melt and explode every Central soldier in that stair shaft.

If I told her now, it wouldn't be her and I against the problem. It would've me against her anger.

I felt more reassured though, at least she still cared. And she loves me. I smiled. She still loves me, even after all that-

The door opened and brought me out of my thoughts. I won't lie, part of me hoped she came back.

"Are you alright?"

Breda's voice..

Nope. I'm a mess without her.

I've never ached so much for someone. I shook my head and cleared my throat. "Yes."

"You don't have to lie Colonel. I know." He reassured me.

My jaw clenched tightly.

I won't be displaying myself to you... I already did that with Armstrong..

"Where's Falman?" I changed the subject. I didn't hear anyone else come in.

"He followed Devlin back to her room. She's being discharged." He explained.

"Already?!" I was shocked. "Isn't she injured?"

"Mmhmm, her eye and shoulder." It sounded as if he were flipping through pages.

That's right... Falman told me about those injuries... "It's only been three days..."

"She's recovering well and she's tough. Honestly, it's probably just a scratch to her." He defended her.

"Can you tell me how bad they are...?" My voice went weak.

There was a moment of silence.

"A 7 inch, 3 cm deep cut on her shoulder, and a 6 inch laceration across her face, she's probably blind in her right eye." Fury's voice

I didn't realize he came in too.

"Oh.." I guess those are the only injuries she has... I thought they'd tell me something different.

I always seem to be the last one to find out.

Just then the door opened.

"Where is she?" Breda asked whoever walked in.

"Al's room." It was Falman.

I opened my mouth to say something but was cut off.

"It's probably best if we don't ask her to visit. She'll come to us when she wants to." Falman spoke as if reading my mind.

Since when did you know her so well?

(Hunter's POV)

I left the room and found a crowd outside.

Falman, Breda, Fury, Ross, even Major Armstrong and Brosh. They all stood like deers caught in the headlight.

"Well I see why he wants to talk about this privately." I eyed all of them. "I didn't realize we had an audience." I glared. "I would've preformed better."

None of them spoke.

I shook my head and walked for the elevator, Falman running behind me. He followed me up to my room.

He sat on my bed and watched me pack the rest of my things. Miles and Armstrong were no where in sight.

"I had an argument with Miles and Armstrong." I spoke.

"What happened?"

I sighed. "I got the news from Armstrong, about... well you know what about."

"So you really did find out?" He wanted to confirm.

I nodded. "I have a rough idea, I know that Bradley was behind it but I don't know the details."

I stepped back. "I wasn't angry that it happened, I was angry that I found out this way. That I had to find out from Armstrong instead of him. I'm angry that he didn't tell me himself."

I turned to him. "Does everyone know but me?"

He thought a moment. "Well... not everyone."

I shook my head. "He always does this... I'm always the last one to find things out."

He got up and made his way to me, gently pulling me into a hug. I raised my arm, lightly putting my hand on his back. You're a touchy one aren't you?

He stepped back and smiled. "It'll work out." He patted my head.

I raised an eyebrow at his gesture.

"What!" He got embarrassed. "It's what Buccaneer did! I'm just trying to comfort you!"

I laughed, feeling my eyes well up with tears. "Thank you Falman, you're staying true to your promise."

He walked passed me. "I told you I would." He stood by the door. "Are we ready?"

"Oh." I grabbed my bag and pulled on my coat. "Yes." He opened the door for me and we walked out.

We waited for the elevator. "Are you going home?" He turned to me.

I took a breath. "No, I'll probably visit Al for a bit and then head home."

"Oh... Al is on the same floor as the Colonel.." He trailed off.

"Oh.."

We got on the elevator. "Y'know that was the first time I've been on that floor." He pushed a bottom.

"The top floor?" I looked at him.

"Yeah, those rooms are reserved for VIP patients."

I chuckled. "What? And Armstrong arranged that room for me? My injuries weren't all that serious. The only thing that was really wrong was my exhaustion."

The elevator stopped and we stepped off. "I guess she cares a lot about you."

"Well," He put his hands in his pockets. "Al's room is 203." He pointed in the opposite direction. "I gotta get back to the Colonels room."

I nodded. "Okay."

He patted my shoulder. "See you later."

I followed his direction and found Al's room. There was also a guard outside. "Brosh."

He smiled and opened the door for me.

I walked in and found Al sitting up with Ed at his bedside. My face lit up as he turned to face me. "Hi!" I set my bag down.

Al smiled. "Hi Major Devlin."

I sat down. His voice is so soft and sweet, it's cute. "How are you two feeling?" I eyed both of them.

"We're okay." Ed answered for them.

"What about you?" Al turned to me.

"I'm fine, I was discharged this morning."

"I'm sorry about your eye." He gestured to my face. "It looks cool though!" He tried comforting me.

I smiled at him. So cute... "Thank you Al, that means a lot."

"So what made you stop by?" Ed sat back in his chair.

"I just wanted to check up, see how you were doing."

"I'm doing fine! The doctor said I could be going home in a few months." He sounded happy.

I chuckled. "That's great. It'll be nice to finally be home huh?"

He leaned back in his bed. "Yes, I'm excited."

"Oh! I was wondering if you knew where I could find Ling and Lan Fan?" I looked at Ed.

He thought a moment. "I could probably find them for you. Why're you looking for them?"

"I told Lan Fan that I'd get her in with Dr. Knox. Her automail wasn't completely healed during the promised day battle and her wound reopened." I explained.

"She already got checked out." Al intervened. "Mai told me."

Ed and I glanced at each other and I smirked. "OoOoOoh, she did?" I laughed.

He rolled his eyes and smiled. "Come on." He laughed.

I finished laughing. "Well, I guess I don't need to look for them anymore."

"We heard about the fight.." Ed looked at me.

I looked at him. "Who did you hear it from?"

"No, we heard it. From here." He informed me.

I face went blank. "Oh."

"Is everything alright with you and the Colonel?" Al looked concerned.

I smiled again. "Of course. Just a little bump in the road."

"That's a big bump.." Ed muttered. "If I hear anymore crap from him, I'll hit him."

I laughed. "It's really alright kid, don't worry about it." He didn't look convinced. "Kid, I swear... It's fine. I can handle him."

"FINE. But if I hear anything-"

"Alright, alright." I cut him off.

I visited them for a few hours.

Ed told me when happened while he was missing, Al told me his experience too.

Ed told me about father and Salem, and Kimblee... He explained to me the reserve transmutation circle that reset the use of tectonic energy, basically kickstarting the alchemy in this country.

He explained to me fathers plan to sacrifice them to gain the universe's knowledge, trying to make himself "god."

He told me about Greed and Kimblee's men.

I in turn told them about the main gate, about Bradley, about Fu and Buccaneer. I told him about the arms that came up from the ground when the transmutation circle was activated and that Falman and I actually saw it.

We talked about a lot of things. It made me truly happy to be with them like this.

This was an afternoon well spent. I could get use to a life like this again..

I smiled at them.

"What?" Al chuckled.

"Oh nothing."

———————————————————————————————————————————————————Bohannon

Thanks for reading!

-I don't own Fullmetal Alchemist or any of its characters

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.6K 2K 27
After his failed attempt at harming Ed, the Lightning Alchemist is annoyed. So, he decides to do something new. Meanwhile, Roy and Ed are in a bit of...
116K 3.1K 90
Rank #1 in watty2020 28/1/2020 Rank #1 in eroticaromance 19/1/2020 Rank #9 in watty2020 13/1/2020 Rank #25 in passionate 10/1/2020 Rank #14 in Blaze...
92.9K 3.1K 40
Psst....yeah you, should check out my story. May be to your fancy 😁 -I don't own the characters or the pictures- Beware there may-CORRECTION- will b...
35K 1.2K 25
~Rewrite and edit of this story is called Misery Looms.~ Mysterious murders had plagued Central for a couple of weeks and the military doesn't know w...