Connection (Saiki Kusuo x Rea...

By missweebam

"Tch, remind me to never mess with you," Kusuo says and sets my hand down gently. He moves his arms up so the... More

Introduction
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
Thank You!

5

26K 926 694
By missweebam

'Math is killing me,' you think as your head pounds from the immense amount of information that your teacher is throwing at you.

There's a big test coming up that you know you're not ready for and it's stressing you out. You put your head down on your desk and close your eyes to stop yourself from thinking too negatively. You'll just have to figure it out tonight. You have been studying for the past two days but you're still not getting it. You sit up and let out a small sigh. You know you need to think of something soon if you want to be able to not let your grade drop.

"Saiki, could you please come up to the board and solve this equation for us?" The teacher asks. He gets up and wordlessly goes over to the board and answers the question. After finishing, he quickly walks back to his seat behind you and sits down again.

"Wow, great work Saiki, that equation was quite difficult," the teacher says and at that statement, a light bulb goes off in your head.

'I could ask Saiki to help tutor me for the test!' You think but then quickly decide that it's probably not a good idea. 'Are we even friends? He hasn't said more than one word to me ever. But he seems to really know what he's doing...' You keep going back and forth but as the bell rings to end the class and school day, you decide at least trying won't hurt. You turn behind you to see Saiki grabbing his papers. You tap his desk and he looks up at you.

"Hey, nice job on that equation. It looked tough," you say. He nods and is about to leave when you call out to him.

"Actually Saiki, could you maybe help me with some problems? I am so confused and I really don't want to fail this test," you ask. He stares at you for a little with that emotionless expression and you wonder what he's thinking.

'He's probably going to say no.'

'I don't want to help you,' Saiki thinks matter of factly. He is about to decline your request when he gets a feeling in his stomach and grows annoyed when he realizes it's guilt. He internally rolls his eyes. He doesn't care if you fail or not but why does he feel so guilty? He thinks a little longer and remembers the free coffee jelly that you gave him two weeks ago as well as when you helped him escape from Nendo; he internally groans.

"Fine," he says and turns to walk away, "let's go." You are genuinely surprised but silently celebrate before following him out the door.

"If you want, we can study at my place? If that makes it easier?" You suggest while walking next to him through the hallway and down the stairs to the main doors.

"No, we can do it at mine. My notes are in my room anyway," he responds.

"Oh okay, as long as it's no trouble," you say with a light blush from his word choice, trying not to think dumb dirty thoughts and follow him off-campus. As we walk, you wave to Yumehara and quickly change shoes. After being all set, you run a few steps to catch Saiki, who is already out the door. Once you catch him, you walk side by side in silence. You try to think of something to say to at least try to diffuse the somewhat awkward tension but ultimately decided it best to stay quiet. As you keep walking, your apartment complex comes into view.

"Do you mind if I stop at my apartment?" You ask, "I just need to drop some stuff off real quick."

He simply nods and when you get to your complex you both walk up the stairs and enter your apartment.

"You can make yourself at home, it'll only take a second," you say and quickly go to your room to drop off your backpack, and change into more comfortable clothes. While you're in your room, Saiki looks around your apartment. It's pretty simple consisting of a large room that consists of the dining room furnished with a plain auburn wood table along with 4 chairs in a similar style. The kitchen is against one wall and the sitting area is across from it with a couch, dark brown leather chair, and a flat-screen TV. There is another table that is smaller with the same color as the main table in the dining room. The kitchen is plain. Consisting of regular attachments like a stove, oven, microwave, and refrigerator. The walls are white and bare aside from three separate doors that he assumes to be one bathroom and two bedrooms. The apartment is dull and unwelcoming, making it seem like no one lives here. The only sign of life is a small vase with a few wildflowers on the center of the dining room table. Saiki knows that you haven't lived here long but he didn't expect your home to feel so cold, it's quite the opposite of your nature. You grab your math things and head out to see Saiki still in the same spot that you last left him. He turns his head at the sound of your footsteps. 

"Okay all set, sorry," you apologize. He heads to the door and as you guys are about to head out again, you remember something.

"Oh wait, one last thing! I'll meet you downstairs." You tell him as you run back into your apartment. He rolls his eyes at your retreating figure and huffs.

'Maybe I should've said no,' he thinks continuing to walk down the steps. After a quick minute, you come down the stairs two at a time with something in your hands, and as soon as you get to Saiki you hand it to him. His eyes widen when he realizes it's coffee jelly.

"I was allowed to bring some of the leftover desserts home after work yesterday, here," you say with a smile. He nods and you guys continue on your way. His house is only a few more blocks down the road which you're surprised. You didn't realize he lived so close. You arrive and both walk-in and when you close the door, you hear some noise in the kitchen followed by a high-pitched voice.

"Ku, is that you?" The voice says then a few moments later a young woman with short black hair that you assume to be his mother walks into view.

"Oh hello! And who are you?" She says excitedly while walking closer to you.

"Hi Mrs. Saiki, my name is Y/n L/n. I'm in Saiki's class," you say introducing yourself.

"That's so nice! Ku doesn't have friends over often so it's nice to see a new face," she expresses. You look over at Saiki who is trying to make his way up the stairs.

"Yeah, he's actually going to help me with math since there's a big test coming up," you say, taking off your shoes.

"Ohh that's right, that test does sound pretty serious. Why don't you stay for dinner? It would be so nice to talk to one of his friends!" At that suggestion you see Saiki freeze out of the corner of your eye.

"Thank you for the offer but I'm okay," you reply while making your way over to Saiki who is now climbing the stairs.

"Nonsense! It would be great to have you, I insist!" She says sweetly and you find it impossible to say no.

"Great! It's settled then!" She claps, "I'll let you guys know when everything's ready."

"Okay sounds good, thank you," you say and follow Saiki up the stairs. You make it to his room and he shuts the door and makes his way to his desk while you stand in the middle of the room observing everything. His room is pretty simple with all the basics of a normal room. He has a bed in the far corner of the room that is neatly made with two pillows. As well as a nightstand with a lamp next to the bed. Across from his bed are a bookshelf with many novels, manga, photo albums, and video game discs all tidily placed. Next to the bookshelf is a small table with a TV with video game controllers connected to it with some discs stacked next to the television. Finally, next to the TV is a standard wooden desk paired with a wooden chair where Saiki now sits. Regardless of the room being standard with not much personality, it is pretty cute and funny to see your predictions of his room were pretty spot on. You turn to Saiki who is leafing through papers and notebooks on his desk. He seems a little frazzled and you assume it's because you agreed to stay for dinner. 

"I don't need to stay if you don't want. You're already helping me as it is and I completely understand. I can just say that something came up." You say playing with your hands nervously, attempting to ease the tension.

"It's alright," He responds and turns towards you, face holding an emotionless expression. "She probably won't let you leave anyways." And at that, you laugh. He doesn't sound at cold as he looks so you relax your shoulders, glad to know he's not too upset about it. 

"She is really nice," you say. He nods and takes out his notes and for the next hour or so you guys go over practice problems and study the different mathematical methods. It was actually quite nice and you were finally understanding the concepts. It was also nice to actually talk to Saiki. Granted he didn't really talk much other than when you asked him about a certain part or when he stated the directions, it was still pretty nice. It was so strange to hear him talk so much but you liked it, he seemed a lot more relaxed since first getting here. The atmosphere wasn't awkward or uncomfortable like you thought it'd be, which was great, everything flowed easy enough and it made it that much more enjoyable.

As soon as you finished the last question in one of the practice packets, Saiki stands up and says dinner is ready. You were kinda puzzled at how he knew since you remember his mother saying that she would come up to let you both know but you follow him out of his room anyway and head down the stairs towards the kitchen. You walk into the dining room and see a man with glasses and brown hair that you assume to be his father, sitting in one of the lounge chairs. He looks up at you and his eyes widen.

"Hello! And who might you be? Kusuo's girlfriend?" He asks enthusiastically. You notice Saiki rolls his eyes as he heads into the kitchen. Your cheeks redden and you quickly clear up the confusion.

"No, I'm a friend in his class. My name is Y/n L/n. It's nice to meet you," You say while fidgeting with your fingers nervously.

"Aah I apologize for jumping the gun there," he laughs, "it's nice to meet you too."

You follow Saiki into the kitchen after finishing introductions with his dad and help Mrs. Saiki set up the table and bring the food out. Everything looks delicious and your mouth waters at the smell. Once everything is laid out, you guys all sit down and begin eating.

"So L/n, have you been in Ku's class before? I apologize but I don't think I remember seeing you before," Mrs. Saiki says.

"No I haven't, I transferred to P.K. almost a month ago now," you answer and take a sip of water.

"That makes more sense then. What made you transfer here?" She asks. You repeat what you told Yumehara and the girls on the first day of school. You say your Dad works in business management further towards the city and moving here was a better location.

"That's so interesting! Welcome!" She exclaims.

"Thank you! So far I'm really enjoying it here. I actually live in the new apartment complex a few blocks down from here," you reply.

"Really? That's great, you and Ku can walk to school in the morning!" She exclaims. You look out of the corner of your eyes at Saiki and he just continues to eat his food but you figured he probably isn't going to say much anyway.

"So how was the studying?" She asks. The conversation keeps flowing with talk about school and friends as well as other things about his parents. You all finish your meal and go to help clean up but Mr. Saiki stops you.

"Don't worry about this stuff, we got it covered." He says and looks over at Saiki, "How about you walk her home? It's getting late." Saiki nods and heads towards the door. Before you follow him you bow in front of his parents.

"Thank you so much for having me over. The meal was delicious," you say gratefully.

"Oh of course honey, anytime, really! If you ever need anything just let us know. Also good luck on the math test!" She responds. You thank her one last time before heading out the door with Saiki. You both walk in silence for a bit but it was a nice silence.

"The dinner was really nice. I don't remember the last time I ate with more than just myself," you answer bashfully, "and now saying that out loud sounds really pathetic."

You expect no reply but Saiki looks at you and simply says "that's good."

You look up at him with a grin and he looks away quickly and stares ahead again. After a few more minutes of comfortable silence, you make it to your complex.

"Thanks again for everything, I feel SO much better with the concepts," you say to him. "I think I have another coffee jelly so I'll bring it with me tomorrow, kay? See ya!" You wave and head towards the stairs.

"Good night," you hear faintly as you get to the first step. You turn around and smile at his already retreating figure.

"Good night Saiki," you respond softly not knowing that he heard.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 187 10
"I CAN'T LIKE HER, CAN I?" ──── You're the psychics sister, over all average. Being an obvious contrast to your brother Kusuo. When the most perfect...
113K 4.1K 24
β™‘ COMPLETE β™‘ ➩ i'm not a psychic, not new to pk academy, not some sort of god sent girl that everyone is obsessed with. i'm an average person. so how...