IZ*ONEshots

By Luminous_Bookworm

IZ*ONE x IZ*ONE Requests are welcome. You know, this used to say "Don't break up Annyeongz," but I've alread... More

Song Fic Pt. 1 - 2kimz
Song Fic Pt. 2 - 2kimz
Jewelry Shop AU - Kangbi
Soft Hair? - Ahnyeongz
Random Prompt AU - Chaekura
Color Soulmate AU - Hiinak
Rain AU - 2kimz
Yuri's Birthdayyyy (aka failed Yenyul oneshot)
Happiness - Ahnyeongz
Angel AU - Chaekura
Movie Night AU - Yenyul
Kid AU - 2kimz
Zombie AU - 2Kimz
Train Ride/Tik Tok Challenge - Ahnyeongz
Theater Club AU - Kangbi
Fake Dating AU - Ahnyeongz
Titanic AU - Annyeongz ft. 2jin
Drunk and Recently Broken Up AU - Annyeongz
"So, you're one of those people who go insane when they're sleepy" - Hiinak
Ice Skating AU - Yenyul ft. Kangbi
No Plotline Save Me - Annyeongz
Again, I Suck At Plotlines - Kangbi
Song Fic - Kwonchaeng
Based on a Part of Grandchester - Kangbi
Nerd & Popular Kid AU - Annyeongz
Jumanji (unfinished and never will finish) - Annyeongz & Chaekura
Annyeongz, 2kim, Yenyul, Hiinak, Chaekura & Kangbi ft. PD48 ships of mine
Cheating - Chaekura
Period - Kwonchaeng
Color Soulmate AU - Ssamjin
Hanahaki AU - 2kimz
Kingdom-ish, Cinderella-ish AU - Kangbi
Mental Asylum - Annyeongz
Domestic-ish Fluff - Wonnako
Vampire-ish Sorta Kinda AU - Kangbi ft. 2kimz and a teensy bit of Chaekura
A Random Prompt I Found AU - Ssamyen
Red String Soulmate AU - Ssamjin
Coffee-Shop-Hair-Colory-Emotiony-Thingy - Annyeongz
A bunch of random stuff I found while I was on the internet
"Everyone's trying to set us up but we've been dating for years" - 2kimz
Werewolf AU Pt. 1 - 2kimz
Werewolf AU Pt. 2 - 2kimz
Coffee-Shop-Name-Spelling-Messing-Up AU - Chaekura
A/N
Arachnophobia - Annyeongz
Heartbreak-Grand-Canyony-Thingy AU - Yenyul
Mafia AU - 2kimz
Werefox AU ft. a li'l bit of Hyunin - Mintomi
Something Blue - Mintomi (ft. mentions of Wonnako)
Letters - Annyeongz
Song Fic - Yenyul
SPOILERRRRRRRRRRRR - 2kimz
Ferris Wheel - Annyeongz
Past Lives (Kid AU) Pt. 1 - Chaekura
Tattoo Shop AU (soulmateeeee) - Kangbi

Fairy AU - 2kimz

735 18 2
By Luminous_Bookworm

So... this was a nice, random prompt that I found off the internet with essentially a whole storyline attached, so get ready for some artificial internety-ness!

*

The fairy kingdom consisted of four parts. Spring, summer, fall, and winter. The spring fairies were sweeter than the cakes they were constantly making. They were infuriatingly nice, and they generally wore pastel greens and pinks. The spring fairies painted the sky - every shade of pink and orange - at sunrise and sunset. They were just pretty and perfect that way.

Summer fairies were almost always extroverted and full of energy. Constantly getting in trouble but always super chill about it, they were really a very distinct kind of fairy. They all seemed to enjoy dying their hair. Blondes were usually the most popular - warm, yellowy blonde, ash blonde, white blonde. The fairies themselves caught light in jars, using it on special occasions like fireworks. They made sure the sun didn't run off its path over the sky and were often seen fooling around, shining differently colored light at different fairies and animals.

The fall fairies were your rebellious introverts. Those people you wouldn't spare a second glance to, but when you did, you'd suddenly have a map for each and every secret pathway through the kingdoms and there'd be a bunch of random things tucked in your bag for safekeeping - makeup, three hundred dollars in every currency, and for some reason, a detailed journal with every fall animal's habitat and favorite food. Fall fairies somehow totally rocked the "cold but warm" kind of vibe. The fall fairies changed the colors of the leaves.

The first three sectors were very close, seeing their similarities. But the final sector had always stood out as "the different one". Winter was cold and uninviting upon first glance, but pay closer attention and you get a tiny window into the magic of the whole place. The fairies stuck to the rules. Most were privileged and stuck up, but some were the nicest people you'd ever met. The winter fairies were hated by all the outer sectors. No one ever really got along with them - they're picky and can be very annoying at times. Strangely, every winter fairy in existence had the same hair color - black. Like, pitch black.

But anyways, the sectors fought. They fought over importance, over beauty, over anything they possibly could. And this, mind you, was just about every day.

Every day except for  the end of year celebration. 

When it's safe for the winter fairies to come out and the others to wear coats, all the creatures in the forest come together. They feast together and laugh together and smile the biggest smiles. Everyone looks forward to the celebration- there's no room for argument. The fairies are peaceful and enjoy their time together. On that day, the laughter rings throughout the forest.

The celebration is Kim Minju's favorite thing in the whole world. 

Minju is a winter fairy, but she is, in fact, not stuck up. She's one of the nicer ones. The nicest of the nicest. In fact, she admires the other sectors. She uses her soft, light blue clothing to blend in with the winter sky and stare from a distance. Even the individual strands of silver in her hair blend in.

Although, the jet black does tend to give her away.

But because Minju doesn't hate the other fairies, she is shunned in her own community. She sits alone in her house, loneliness churning in her stomach making her want to cry. But she isn't accepted among those other sectors either - how could she? She's not unique or especially pretty, and of course, her genetics says that she's the biggest enemy of the fall fairies.

Which is really inconvenient, because she'd developed a tiny crush on the prettiest fall fairy in existence. 

"I know! Fairies are so weird. Sometimes I wish I were a rabbit- yes of course being a squirrel would be fun, but let's admit, the rabbits are the most organized of the creatures." Minju giggled at her only friend besides Misaki and Nayoung, a squirrel.

"Chaewon? No, I don't expect her to notice me. How could she?" She laughs out loud this time, laughter like soft bells tinkling carried by the passing breeze.

"I could never expect her to even know my name. She's too pretty. And she's a fall fairy. If she did know me, she'd hate me. You know that."

Minju adjusted her grip on her basket of cupcakes and fluttered her wings a little, lifting her off the ground for a few seconds. She looked around and quickly, silently flew over to the ground underneath where the winter fairies were picking berries, and laid down the basket. Stealing a small glance at Chaewon, just to see her beautiful face, she unknowingly smiled and then flew away.

"Hey guys, look!"

"What's that? I can't see from here."

"Cupcakes oh my god they're so prettyyyyy! Get a look at this!"

"Ooh, perfect snack for a break!"

"Ha! Chowon is going to be SO jealous! I told her she should've come work with us!"

"Poor Chowon. We should save some for her!"

"Don't forget Sian! She's working with Chowon today too."

"Oh wow, these are really good. I'm not sure we'll be physically able to save any of these."

Minju peeked from behind a tree, smile growing. Chaewon, Sakura, Chaeyeon, Hitomi and Hyewon  were sitting in a circle, giggling over their fortune with a few spring fairies, Eunbi, Wonyoung, and a cute little girl called Nako. Chaewon looked back, and Minju scurried behind the tree and flying back to her house, wings floating on the wind.

Minju never got to see Chaewon's small smile.

*

The next day, Minju brought cookies to the fairies again, but before anybody could see her, Chaewon flew down, caught Minju's arm and pulled her into the berry bush.

Minju gasped and tried to pull away. However, she stopped struggling and turned bright red when Chaewon put her soft hand on Minju's cheek. "Hey, I'm not going to hurt you." Chaewon's eyes saddened when she noticed Minju was still trembling. "I'm going to let go of your hand, okay? But please stay. I want to talk to you." Chaewon slowly loosened her grip on Minju's hand. Minju didn't fly away.

Chaewon smiled. A fantastic reward for simply not fluttering her wings, Minju thought.

"W-w-what d-did you w-want t-t-to talk a-about?" Minju stuttered softly through her sentence.

"I just wanted to ask, why? Why would you give us free food? Don't get me wrong - I love free food and we all appreciate your heavenly cake, but why are you helping us? You guys should hate us."

Minju's red cheeks got a little darker. "Y-you guys s-s-seem n-nice. I-I don't h-have m-m-many friends s-so I l-like w-w-watching y-you and y-y-your f-friends s-smile and l-laugh together."

Chaewon's heart argued over beating faster and breaking, and ended did some interesting combination of the two.

"That... was probably the sweetest thing I've ever heard in my life. Thank you so much."

Minju looked at her feet and smiled.

"I-I should g-go b-before s-s-someone sees m-me."

Chaewon chuckled sadly. "As much as I'd love for you to stay, society is not most understanding. I look forward to seeing you again, if that's okay."

"O-okay." Minju gave a little bow and flew away, the last thing she heard being, "Guys! We have more cake!" followed by many delighted squeals.

*

Minju giggled at the warm wind. Fall fairies lived in the weirdest places, but today was the festival, and she wanted to give something to Chaewon despite barely knowing her. 

Hey, in her defense, Chaewon has a pretty smile and it's gratifying to receive it because of something you did.

Minju threw on her big, bright orange cloak as she approached more houses, not wanting anyone to see her frosty, blue attire.

She carefully examined every address until she came to the one her squirrel friend told her about. Staring at the beautiful wood door, she drew out her bouquet of periwinkles and softly laid them on the doorstep.

And then, looking around carefully to make sure no one was watching, she she'd her coat and shot into the sky, flying through the clouds to hide from prejudiced fall fairies.

The sun was high in the sky by now. I'm going to have to spend the rest of the day baking for the celebration, Minju thought.

Minju did indeed spend the rest of the day baking. She was at her tenth batch of cookies when someone knocked on her door. Probably someone coming to collect things for the feast.

"Come in!"

But to Minju's shock, it was a fall fairy that stepped through the door. And not just any fall fairy - it was Kim Chaewon.

Minju gasped and immediately turned around, bowing slightly, super flustered.

"C-can I g-get something f-for you?"

Chaewon's laughter was a light, floating thing. Melodic, soft, perfect.

"No, I just came to thank you."

Pink dusted Minju's cheeks as she pretended not to know what Chaewon was talking about.

"I-I, er, what? W-why are you th-thanking me?"

"You know why. Drop the act Minju. It is Minju, isn't it?"

Minju blushed a dark red. "Y-yeah, it i-is Minju. K-Kim Minju."

"Kim Chaewon. We have the same last name! It's nice to meet you." Chaewon smiled and stuck out her hand.

Minju hesitantly stuck her hand out, pleased at the way her larger hand fit over Chaewon's warm, slightly smaller one.

"Er, I have to go get ready for later, but I'll see you then?"

"Y-yeah."

Chaewon waved a little and fluttered out the door.

Minju was in shock for a few minutes. What had just happened? It was strange enough that someone was actually nice to her, let alone that person being a fall fairy, the very same fall fairy that Sana had been lovingly gazing at through a window a few hours ago.

Her stomach was doing flips and her heart was absolutely sonic when she arrived at the celebration.

She stood in the corner for a while, drinking some sort of cider, eyes closed, listening to the beautiful sounds of creatures enjoying time together.

At least, until Chaewon came up to her.

Chaewon's short hair paired with her dress and shiny makeup took away Minju's breath.

They spent hours talking together. Embarrassingly, a few tears slid down Minju's cheeks when she realized this was one of the first times that she had actually been talked to by an actual fairy. Although it wasn't so bad when Chaewon reached up to wipe them away.

The night progressed. The laughter was getting louder, the creatures a little crazier, everything overall getting better and better.

At some point, Chaewon slowly, awkwardly, perfectly reached out to hold Minju's hand.

And at some point after that, Minju laced their fingers.

Minju had picked out one of her better dresses for today, and almost regretted wearing it the off-the-shoulder sleeves failed to protect her arms from the cold draft coming through the door.

But when a particular angelic voice asked her to dance, she didn't feel an ounce of regret for wearing her prettiest dress, even though it couldn't even compare to the beauty of the girl asking her.

And Minju didn't regret it when she got a jacket placed around her shoulders.

And she most definitely didn't regret it when she was pulled down to collect a kiss.

*

Eyyyyyyyyyyyy this sucked. But it was long! That's a good thing, right?

Riiiiiiight.

Mk, anyways, just wanted to say thank you. I love u all.

Requests?

Thx for reading :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 235 27
"IZ*ONE superhero AU* With another threat defeated, the IZ*ONE members now find themselves off on their own little adventures. In this collection of...
22.3K 1.1K 43
Mina just wants, she and her sister ( Sana ) to be close like before. She would do anything for it. That's why when Sana asked Mina not to too close...
113K 1.2K 19
☁︎ ┆ ❝ The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. ❞ As of August 2022, this book is currently undergoing major edi...
17.4K 273 31
As what the title says, it is a one shot stories, continuing from my first Twice one-shot book! >.< This 1st book has reached 200 chapters, whi...