Five Little Sacrifices

By Veikari

Continuation for my first book Waiting for My Mate, I recommend to read that one first so this one makes more... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 92

268 18 5
By Veikari

Felix and Chester were quick to open the doors of the balcony and they gasped as they looked inside. What a big ballroom! It was decorated with big plants, glamorous furniture and long curtains over the big windows. Floor tiles had detailed patterns and on the walls there were enormous paintings.

At the other side of the ballroom there was a stage where someone was playing a piano and people were talking, dancing and enjoying their time in front of it.

"It's like in those old stories about princes and princesses", Felix said. "Is this actually a castle?" he asked looking at Laxus who snorted.

"Hell no", the man said. "This is just another place where to drink and talk with other people, a regular bar."

"Fairy Tail has a bar and it doesn't look like this at all."

"That's because we don't need all this pompous crap to make our guild great."

"Ach, how it hurts our pompous heart to hear our old friend talk like that", they heard a dramatic sigh and looked at Hibiki who was coming closer with Ren and Eve.

"Good that it hurts", Laxus grunted.

"We got a word from Erza that you would be coming", Hibiki just smiled not caring about Laxus' grumpiness. They had grown used to it during the year the Thunder Legion was part of their guild. And quite frankly, that grumpiness was part of Laxus' charm and it attracted women even if the lightning dragon slayer didn't want it.

"We were so happy to hear you would be joining us again, Evergreen", Ren smirked taking Evergreen's hand, making the fairy mage giggle. "We hardly had any time to chat when we met last time. Of course, it's not like I was particularly waiting for us to meet again..."

"We would be honoured to pour you some high quality wine for the evening", Eve assured smiling to the brunette.

"Cut with that host club shit", Laxus said. "We're here to meet Master Bob."

"It is already late and I'm afraid Master Bob isn't here yet", Hibiki apologized. "So the best thing to do right now is to just sit down and relax."

"What? He knew we were coming and he still left somewhere?"

"No no, he was visiting our guild house in Crocus but he will be here by tomorrow morning and is actually quite looking forward of meeting you all after such a long time."

"So we would be staying here?" Theophilius asked and Ren looked at him.

"It's a talking squirrel", he murmured his eyes wide.

"Say what?" Theo growled glaring at him.

"He's a Quirlat", Felix explained to Ren. "They are not squirrels."

"Oh, I see", Ren nodded still looking at Theophilius. "His fur looks really fluffy..."

"It wouldn't suit you so back off", Theophilius growled from behind Felix' back.

"Cute is not my thing anyway", Ren huffed waving his hand.

"Why don't we all go upstairs?" Hibiki suggested them. "You can naturally have some supper and rooms where to stay for tonight", he promised as they started walking towards doors.

"So you guys have two guild houses?" Roscoe asked mildly curious as he looked around in the hallway. It was huge and full of paintings and plants. There was a very expensive looking carpet on the floor and it was also covering the huge stairway.

"Well I can't tell you how many we actually have them", Hibiki chuckled as they walked up the stairs. "But you should know that only one quarter of this building is actually our guild house. Rest of it is a hotel with our famous club, just like the rest of the guild houses we have in other towns."

"Only one of them is a guild house only meant for our guild members", Eve said.

"That location is only known by the members of Blue Pegasus, so there is no use prying where you might be able to find it", Ren said.

"I'm not that interested..." Roscoe muttered. "Do you guys know it then?" he asked looking at Laxus and others.

"We might", Freed smiled mysteriously. "But since we respect our former guild members, we wouldn't tell you since you were never part of Blue Pegasus."

"Yeah, you never tell secrets of your guild no matter what, baby", Bickslow smirked. "Even if you're not part of it anymore."

"I can understand that", Roscoe nodded approvingly.

"Are we gonna eat? I'm hungry", Chester said.

"You'll get food right away, there is no need to worry at all", Hibiki promised.

On the other floor they stepped in an elevator which was clearly meant for only guild members and those who had a permission to step in the area meant only for Blue Pegasus members. The elevator took them up, all the way to the top floor and once they stepped out it felt like they stepped in some sort of five star restaurant.

"It's feels so nice to be back", Evergreen chuckled.

"Wow!" Felix gasped as he, Theophilius and Chester ran to the huge window. They had a beautiful view over the city from here.

Hibiki, Ren and Eve lead them to one of the tables and they sat down.

"You don't need to go through all this trouble", Freed assured.

"Nonsense, right now you are our guests", Hibiki assured with a small bow. "Master Bob instructed us to take good care of you while you're here, partly as an apology because he couldn't be here himself greeting you."

"Partly?" Laxus frowned.

"He didn't really explain it more."

"How mysterious", Bickslow snickered as waitresses came over to bring them food and drinks.

"You'll be joining us after the meal, Evergreen?" Ren asked and Ever smiled.

"I think I will", she nodded. "I'd love to dance again."

"Then that is what we will do."

"I'll come too", Bickslow grinned while munching his food. "I wanna say hi to others."

"What are you going to do?" Felix asked curiously.

"I think we could play some cards with the old crew."

"I can play cards if you tell me the numbers on them."

"You're going to bed", Freed said amused. "It's too late already for you to be awake."

"But Bickslow said all the fun stuff happens when it's nighttime..." Felix whined disappointed.

"And how thankful we are for that", the rune mage said looking at Bickslow who smirked.

"You can't say I'm completely wrong, baby", he said with a shameless wink which made Felix, Chester and Theophilius confused, while others laughed.

"It might be fun to play some cards again", Laxus hummed.

It had been a surprise to them to learn how in Blue Pegasus almost everyone in the guild was a pretty good card player. Playing cards was one way to entertain their guests after all, not just dancing, drinking, talking and listening to them. Since Laxus had never been a romantic nor was he very considerate even if trying, playing cards with customers had been his best move. He had become quite good at it during the year they lived here.

"I'll take care of the drinks", Bickslow grinned. Oh yes, being a bartender had been his job and he had enjoyed it!

"I was hoping you would say that", Hibiki chuckled.

"Freed, why don't you join us too?" Eve suggested looking at Freed. "Some of our clients still ask if you're around so they could hear you play the grand piano and sing."

"I wouldn't mind doing so, but I think I should stay with Felix, Chester and Theo", Freed smiled.

It had been his trick how to get away if there was need for it. He couldn't say he was very talented at playing instruments but he was good enough, neither was he really fond of it but he did enjoy it time to time. There had been customers – men and women – who were more indomitable with their flirting and it made him really uncomfortable so simply saying how he got a sign to go play the piano was his escape from those situations.

Naturally, no customer had a privilege of touching any of the hosts without a permission but there was always those customers who thought they were simply too irresistible for anyone to deny them, or that rules didn't for some reason apply to them. Now that Freed was thinking about it, there had been one customer who had been like that with him too...

Suddenly Laxus leaned closer to his ear.

"I don't mind if you come and sing", he smirked. "I always enjoyed listening to it. You never sing at home."

"I guess I don't", Freed chuckled, feeling flattered when Laxus said he enjoyed listening to his singing.

"I remember that one guy who used to come here all the time just to stare at you. Fucking stalker."

"I don't think he visited that often."

"That's because you never thought that might happen. We all noticed that guy and we could guess you didn't even consider that he might be here just because of you."

"Well, he did get too close that one time, pulling me against him suddenly without a permission", Freed huffed, looking how others were talking something else. "But after telling him I was not interested in him, he thankfully stopped coming."

Laxus snorted amused.

"Yeah, that's the reason he stopped coming", he laughed sarcastically.

"What?" Freed asked confused looking at the Thunder God.

"I beat the shit out of him after that and made sure he would never come back."

"You did what?" Freed almost shouted and he was shocked. "He was a client!"

"He was a douche. Master Bob agreed that Blue Pegasus didn't need clients like that", Laxus huffed taking a sip of his drink.

"There was no need for you to meddle. Why didn't you tell me this sooner?"

"Because I know how proud you can be. You would have gotten even more mad than now. I know you are perfectly capable of defending yourself and that guy would have regretted it deeply if he had tried to touch you more. But I got pissed so I told him to go to hell."

Freed sighed rubbing his forehead. But then, he smiled.

"Did you get jealous?" he chuckled.

"Dunno. Then I just thought he was a jackass who was harassing my friend."

"You could have just talked with him, there was no need to actually beat him up."

"I felt like it was necessary to make him understand he was not wanted. Guess I did get a bit jealous, though I didn't understand it then. What, you're gonna tease me about it now?" Laxus asked looking at the swordsman who chuckled.

"No", Freed assured. "I think what you did was wrong, but I am happy you wanted to help me."

"I'm gonna do it again if needed."

"I believe you, Laxus."

After the meal they all went back to the hallway.

"I'll take Felix, Chester and Theophilius to sleep", Roscoe suddenly said and they looked at him surprised.

"Aren't you gonna come with us, baby?" Bickslow asked.

"I'm tired, I don't really care about partying through night", Roscoe said. "Besides, these are your friends. You should go there and have fun with them without worrying about the kids."

"But we could have joined them too", Chester assured and they were pouting with Felix, while Theophilius yawned.

"I want to sleep too", the quirlat said.

"I'll show you your rooms", Hibiki smiled.

With some complains and whining Felix and Chester left with Roscoe, Theophilius and Hibiki, while Freed and others followed after Ren and Eve back to the big ballroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.8K 1.9K 30
What if there was a next generation of Fairy Tail? What if they all had gone back to the past? What will the future parents do? How can the next gen...
242K 5.4K 24
{Completed} Laxus has always been your first love, he is the one that saved you after all. You've been dating for 8 years but your relationship has b...
1.7K 6 40
So I tried to write a million stories, but this has been in the works for a while. This story is 18+. Most of the fairy tale characters will be in th...
37.3K 1K 43
After getting out of a toxic relationship, Lucy Heartfilia goes home to Magnolia to escape California and memories of her old boyfriend. Is it a coi...