Addictive; Harry Potter

By acciobambi

Cassiopeia Nott, twin sister to Theodore Nott, finds herself in a messy situatuon after an accidental drunken... More

Authors Note
Part 1 - Cast
Malfoy's Girl
Fear
Harmless Flirting
Drunken Mistakes
Coconut and Vanilla
Harry and Cassie's Strictly Platonic Friends With Benefits Rules
Secrets
Antionette and Pierre
Deny, Deny, Deny
Promises
Stolen Kisses and Spy Missions
Katie Bell
The Truth Unfolds
Dear Father
Silenced
Jealousy's Remedies
Hickey, Hickey
The Color Of Desire
Through Blood and Dreams
Home For The Holidays
Suitors
Discontinued?

Rivals

27.6K 901 3.5K
By acciobambi

Cassiopeia Nott

"What are you doing?" I demanded as I crossed my arms.

Theo quickly hid the blunt behind his back, trying to pretend I hadn't already seen it. "Nothing. What are you doing?" He asked in the same accusing tone.

"Teddy." I sighed, dropping my arms to my side. "We're supposed to be committed qudditch captains. Remember what Snape said?"

"I'm sorry, I just....you know how I feel sometimes." He said sheepishly. "You feel it too. I'm surprised you don't want to just get high everyday."

The overwhelming feeling of the guilt of your mother's death on your shoulders because your father constantly reminds you it's all your fault? Yeah, I'd say I'm pretty familiar with the feeling."Five minutes. Then it's out." 

He did a quick salute before disappearing behind the lockers. I understand why Theo's stressing about today. Snape gave us assignment of qudditch captains because our father was also a qudditch captain. One of the best in Slytherin history.

He's going to be at our first game. We have to assemble the best team, we have to win, and we have to prove to him that we can amount up to something, that he can be proud of us. 

We're not just the people who took the love of his life from him. We're more, much more. Maybe this will make him finally see that. Though, it's doubtful.

I finished tying my hair into a high pony tail and called for Theo. "Come on! Everyone is waiting!"

"Let them wait. It's good to keep them on their toes." Theo waved off as he walked into view. He took one of the hair ties out of my bag and tied a clump of his own hair into a ponytail. "Look." He pointed to the makeshift ponytail on his head. "We're matching"

"You're an idiot." I laughed as I began to drag him out of the locker room. "You look like a deformed unicorn like that. No one is going to take you seriously."

He shrugged. "I don't care. I'm just living my life. They can keep their judgements to themselves. I wanted a ponytail, so I gave myself a ponytail."

The field came into view. About twenty students stood in the middle, all laughing and conversing with one another. About twelve guys and eight girls. We can work with this. The group quieted down when they saw us coming.

"Well, Crabbe and Goyle for beaters." I said as I walked along the line, examining over each of the tryouts. 

"Obviously." Theo agreed as he walked behind me. "Zabini for third chaser."

"Of course." I said, granting Blaise permission to leave the line and go stand by Crabbe and Goyle. The process continued like that until we had narrowed it down to eight people. 

We then made those eight people run three laps, fly six in a race, play as each position, and pummeled them with quaffles until we were sure they could take it. In the end, four left by choice.

Crabbe and Goyle made the team. They have the perfect bodies for it and the perfect need to be obnoxiously hovery. They should make fine beaters, just as they have for years.

Theo, Blaise, and I for the three chasers. Blaise has played as third chaser by Theo and I's side since our third year. While he makes many suggestive comments, there is no one better for the position.

A few other students who haven't played on the team before got the other spots. While none of them were as good as I hoped, they are enough. I'm sure Theo and I can whip them into shape. 

"Hey, hey, hey, guys." Blaise said as he pulled Theo and I into a huddle while the team celebrated. He lowered his voice so only we could hear him. "The Gryffindor team is using the field for tryouts in an hour. How about we take this wonderful opportunity to go spy on our greatest rivals?"

I smile grew on my face. Theo slapped Blaise's back and matched my bright expression. "Zabini, you're a genius."

~

"Secret mission." Blaise beamed. "Who'd a thought we would be going on a secret mission?"

"It's hardly a secret mission." Athena said with an eye role. 

"Man," Blaise muttered as he looked up at the sky. "What are you and Malfoy even doing here? You're going to spoil all the fun. Suck the life out of it like you do with all your victims."

"Victims? What victims?" 

"Everyone who has to breathe the same air as you." Athena slapped him over the top of the head for that comment. He winced and backed away from her, rubbing the back of his head as he did. "I just wanted a chance to flirt with the ever so lovely Nott twins at the same time."

"You can flirt with me all you want, Zabini." Theo grinned. "I'm just so head over heels in love with you, it should be more than enjoyable."

"Whipped already, Theo? And here I was thinking Cassie would fall for my enchanting charms first."

"And what exactly are these enchanting charms?" I asked, as I lead them through a few rows of the wood bleachers. 

"My muscles, of course." Blaise unrolled both his sleeves and flexed his arms in the air. "I call this one," He moved so that his right arm was right in my face. "the abductor. And his twin," He raised the left one in Theo's face. "The destroyer."

"How attractive." Draco said, not even trying to hide the sarcasm. He sat down next to Athena on the bench. Both of them seem to be in foul moods today, but they wanted to come along.

I sat next to Athena, Blaise in front of me, and Theo beside him. We have a perfect view of the Gryffindor tryouts.  "Shut it!" Ginny yelled to the rowdy group of Gryffindors. 

Let the show begin.

"God, I'm so in love with her." Athena said, not taking her eyes off Ginny. 

Theo whipped around to face her. "What? You said I couldn't make a move! Why do you get to?"

"I told you not to make a move because I'm eventually going to, dumbass. I'm moving on from Cho to brighter and more ginger things." Athena said with a sweet smile. 

"Not if I get her first."

"Please, you wouldn't know how to win her over if she told you how."

"Want to bet?"

"That's a spectacular idea." Draco said as he sat up straighter, happy to finally have a reason to be here. "Cassie, Blaise, place your bets."

"I want Theo to lose so he can fall into my arms. Four hundred galleons on Athena." Blaise answered quickly.

"How could I not root for my dear brother?" I asked. "Though, I know he can get her, I don't think he will do so well at keeping her. I'll bet two hundred galleons."

Well, I'm betting Five hundred galleons on my slightly terrifying cousin." Draco said. He then turned back to Athena and Theo. "How is it you two plan on getting her to end things with Thomas and stop making eyes at Potter? There is a line to get to Ginny Weasley and you're both last."

Athena and Theo were too busy glaring at one another to listen. Blaise snapped his fingers in between them to break their gazes. "Hello? We're supposed to be spying on the Gryffindors."

"He's right. So, stop imagining all the different ways to rip each other's heads off, and start focusing on the tryouts. We need to see their strengths so we can find their weaknesses." I said as I turned Theo's shoulders around to face the field.

Blaise laid his head back on my lap and crossed his arms. "Might as well get comfortable. Pot-head is giving them each a chance instead of eliminating right off the bat."

"Great, so this will take forever." Athena grumbled. "At least I have a nice view of Ginny."

Speaking of views, I have a lovely one of Harry.  Something about him in his qudditch uniform, his hair flying in the wind, and rubbing the back of his neck with his hand makes me forget the reason we came here in the first place.

How can one guy be so....perfect?

"I bet I have a nicer one." Theo shot back.

"For the love of god, shut up." Blaise whined, rolling his head back a little so our eyes met. He sent me a quick smile to which I returned, before focusing back on the field. At least someone here wants us to actually win.

I closed my eyes for two seconds to think before Blaise shot of my lap, pulling me to the ground with him. Draco grabbed Athena and ducked to the other side while Theo fell to the ground. A bludger had been shot directly as us. 

"Holy shit!" Theo exclaimed as he got to his feet and tried to look around for who it could have been. "The-the-it was just about to hit us! Who the fu-"

"This is why I hate Gryffindors." Draco muttered as he rubbed the side of his head. Athena was spitting profanities in every which way as she moved back into her seat.

I turned back to see Blaise staring up at me. A smirk growing on his face. It was only now I realized I was on top of him, our faces only centimeters apart. "Well damn, Cassie." He said. "If you were so eager to be on top of me, you could have just asked."

 I had to suppress a smile before moving to get up. "In your dreams, Zabini."

"Oh, don't you worry." He took the hand I offered and pulled himself up. "You're already there."

Theo cleared his throat to get our attention. "Could you not? I'm sitting right here and I really don't want to have to hear about you nailing my sister in your dreams."

"Don't worry. You're there too." Blaise winked.

~

Tryouts were more than boring. Harry had each person go one at a time and I'm pretty sure he's not even going for the obvious choice for keeper. Overall, it was a huge waste of time. 

Theo danced as he walked in front of us back up towards the school. "Dracie-poo dance with me!" He sing songed. 

"Hard pass." Draco answered, trying to suppress his laughter at the way Theo was now twirling around the poles under the bleachers. Athena sped up to pull the two together by the hands, swishing their connected arms into the air.

Blaise eagerly joined in. Eventually, the three of them were all spinning in a circle around Draco singing the hippogriff song. I smiled at the sight. 

An arm slipped around my waist, pulling me into the Gryffindor locker room just as I passed it. I was met with a slightly sweaty, shirtless, and not very happy looking, Harry. "You spied on our tryouts? Really?"

I had to force my eyes to not dart down towards his abs. "Yes, really. It's not personal. I am just willing to do what it takes to win. Even if it involves sitting in the bleachers for three hours, freezing my ass off."

"And what did you learn?"

"That I should watch out for straying bludgers." I answered dryly, remembering back to my near death experience from earlier. 

"Well, I had to get Zabini off you somehow."

"Oh my god." I said as I cupped my face in my hands. "Tell me you didn't."

"I really wish I could." When I looked back up, he had the slightest grin growing. I really should be upset with him over this, but I just can't. "Sadly my plan backfired because next thing I know, you were on top of him." He continued. "A disgusting sight, really. You look much better on top of me."

"I bet I do."

"I can assure you, you do."

"Such a flirt." I mocked, walking past him to observe the Gryffindor locker room. It looks almost identical to the Slytherin one, except lots more red. My eyes fell onto a board with papers scattered across it. Strategies.

"I'd say it's one of my better qualities." He grinned as he threw his shirt on.

I moved closer to the board to read over it. I felt two hands on my hips turning me back around, away from the key to impressing my father and insuring Slytherin's win. Harry guided me back towards the door.

"No. I don't care how gorgeous you are, we are rivals. That means you have to go if you're going to try and look at our strategies." He lectured.

"Oh, come on." I whined. "Just a peek."

He shook his head. "Nope. I will walk you back to your dorm now." He beckoned his head towards the door. "Ladies first."

"Such a gentlemen." 

"Yeah, and the view is to die for."

"Shut up." I laughed as he followed me out the door. I could still see Draco, Athena, Blaise, and Theo still walking back up towards the school. Shoot, they might see us. "Uhm, maybe it's best if I just walk back by myself."

"Oh." The disappointment not well hidden. "Why?"

"You know," I nodded my head towards the group. "their all right up there." I answered sheepishly. Besides when we're...being intimate, I really enjoy Harry's company. He's funny, kind, dumb, but in a cute way. He's a great friend

Friend. The word burns to even think when thinking about Harry. It shouldn't, but it does. I can't help how I'm starting to feel about him. And believe me, I have tried. But every time I catch him looking at me, every smile he sends my way, just every time I'm with him, I can only think about how I want to be with him.

He gave me a half smile. I like to hope he's thinking the same thing I am."We have an odd little arrangement, don't we?"

"Yes." I said, trying to return his smile "I suppose we do."

---------------

(2416 Words - Published February 28, 2021)

There wasn't much Harry and Cassie in this chapter but there will be in the next one don't worry

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23 6 6
Hermione's world has been turned upside down, Dumbledore is dead, Snape is headmaster, and Death Eaters now freely walk the halls of Hogwarts. Amidst...
21.5K 230 29
In Hogwarts everyone one has a muggle device called a phone. Love, a lot of texting and fun! You are Layla West, your a pureblood and you fall in lov...
378K 5.9K 81
A Diggory and a Nott In which, they both fall in love with each other. Theodore Nott x Fem OC! ootp-post-war
3.3K 155 7
turns out, cassia's boyfriend suddenly becoming the wizarding world's MVP was no longer her biggest concern. when your family has danced with the dar...