Adventures in childhood, agai...

By skreet_skreet

A potions accident leaves Draco Malfoy a toddler, and due Draco being stubborn, Harry Potter is left to take... More

Potions
The Adventure Begins
Moving In
The Next Day
Hospital Wing
I Can't Think of a Good Title so- Chapter 6
I Love You
Important Update!
New Friendships
Hide and Seek, and an Awkward Statement
The Explanation
Board Games
Mixing Veritaserum and Truth or Dare is a bad idea.
Detention.
A Letter...
Back to the flat... for the last time.
Memories
"Wait!"
Confession and Conversation (and bets)
Epilogue

Do you remember anything?

18.4K 578 291
By skreet_skreet

Harry woke up the next morning, cuddling a still-sleeping Draco. He looked down at himself and realized he hadn't changed before going to bed last night. He decided that he would change later, and spend all the time he could with Draco, before he was gone. As he was lost in thought, Draco woke up.

"Hawwy?" Draco said the moment he woke up. His hair was strewn about, and while the boy looked tired, he had a big smile on his face.

Harry smiled down at Draco. "Morning Dragon!" He stood up and picked up Draco, spinning him, causing the toddler to squeal. Harry smiled, and kissed the toddlers forehead.

Draco looked incredibly happy. If only he knew what today would hold for him.

Noise from outside the room caused Harry to remember the offer he gave his friends last night, and judging by the voices, they took it.

"Hey Draco?" Harry asked.

"Yeah Hawwy?" Draco replied, looking at Harry with caring and adoration in his eyes, a look Harry knew he'd never see again.

"Why don't you go out to the living room and see our friends? They stayed over last night. There's a couple of things that I need to do."

"Otay!" Draco scurried out of the room to go meet everyone.

Harry smiled sadly at the door for a bit before closing it and getting dressed. When he was putting his robes on, he saw something under his bed. He bent down to grab it, and pulled it out. It was one of Draco's favorite cars, he had lost it just a couple days ago. "So that's where it went..." Harry looked at it for a moment, then silently slid it into his pocket before going out to meet the others.

"Hey guys." he said as he entered the room.

"Hey Harry." Hermione said, looking over at Draco, who was being smothered with affection by the others, who didn't seem to have heard Harry's arrival. "You okay?" She asked, concern in both her voice and eyes.

"Not really, but I'll be fine. I'm just gonna, I'm just gonna miss him, you know?"

Hermione smiled sadly at him. "We're all gonna miss him Harry. But I know it's hitting you harder than it is the rest of us. But you'll be okay Harry, I know you will."

"Yeah, I'll manage."

Draco then ran up to Harry, reaching his arms up and silently asking to be picked up.

Harry smiled and lifted him. "It's a big day today Dray."

"Weally?"

"Mhm. We get to go and visit Professor Dumbledore today!" Harry spoke as if the entire event didn't fill him with an unwavering sense of dread. He wanted Draco to be happy. He didn't want his last moments with him like this to be spoilt due to the toddler being upset or worried.

"Oh yay!" Draco clapped.

"We don't have much food, so what do you guys say? We trek down to the Great Hall and have breakfast there and then go see the headmaster?"

"That sounds good, as long as I get to eat." Ron said.

Hermione rolled her eyes at Ron. "You have an unhealthy obsession with food, Ronald. But that does sound like a good idea Harry, Pansy, Blaise? What do you guys think?" She looked over at the two, who were just sitting there.

"Yeah that sounds good." Blaise said.

"It sounds fun!" Pansy said. The both of them were clearly a little upset, Draco had become such a huge part of everyone's lives over the past month, they were all upset. The two Slytherin's also were a little scared that Draco would push them out of his life for being friends with the Golden Trio if he didn't remember.

That was pretty much all that was on all five teens minds as they walked to Great Hall, and as they ate breakfast. They were all worried, and upset over the prospect of losing Draco, and hopeful that he would remember and agree to be their friend, or at least kind.

After they had eaten, they headed to Dumbldore's office. They were all trying to pretend and put on a happy demeanor, but it was slowly failing for all of them, a little more every minute that it got closer. Harry was arguably the worst. His pretend smile was slowly cracking and breaking and gleams of nervousness, sadness, and worry were all showing.

They walked up the stairs, and got settled in seats. Harry was holding Draco close to himself, the toddler, not noticing how everyone felt, smiling contently, cuddling into Harry.

Dumbledore walked into the room. "Professor Snape will be here any minute with the potion, and I suspect he won't want to wait, so please be ready."

Draco looked at Dumbledore, confused, then looked back at Harry. "Ready for wha? Wha potion?"

"It's- it's a surprise sweetie." Harry said, not caring about using the nickname in front of Dumbledore, not when in a couple of minutes he was positive that Draco would hate him once more.

"Otay." Draco said, content with the answer, completely trusting in Harry. A couple of seconds later, Snape came into the room.

"Mr. Potter, have Draco come here."

Harry had to take a deep breath to stop himself from losing it right then and there. The other four looked at him sadly. "D-Dragon? Go-go see Professor Snape, alright sweetheart?"

Draco nodded and got up and went over to Snape, who had him sit in a chair. As Snape was preparing the potion for Draco to drink, Dumbledore spoke up.

"Severus, don't you think they deserve a proper good-bye?" He said.

"Yes, but make it quick." Snape said.

Draco looked panicked. "I goin bye-bye? But I no wanna! I wanna stay wif Hawwy!"

Harry rushed over to him. He wanted to do his best to calm him down without freaking him out more, so he decided to just tell a very shortened and simplified version of the truth. After he did so, the others went and said their goodbyes.

When Hermione, Ron, Pansy and Blaise had finished, Harry said his. "Goodbye Dragon. I realized you say something to me a lot, and I never say it first, so I'm going to, for this one last time, okay?" Harry said, earning him a sad smile from his friends and a confused glare from Snape. He took a deep breath, then continued. "I love you Dray, can you remember that for me? I love you." He pushed away a tear, and kissed Draco's head, not caring at all about the glare that Snape was giving him.

Draco looked up at Harry. "I remember. I remember for chu Hawwy. I wuv chu too."

Harry retreated back to his seat as Snape gave Draco the potion. Not long after he had drunk the potion, he started to grow, back to his normal size. He was wearing the same outfit as the day he was regressed.

"How did I get here? Wasn't I just in potions a couple minutes ago?" Draco said, looking to the sides, not yet seeing the others, since they were behind him. "Why am I in the headmasters office?"

Dumbledore spoke up. "Mr. Malfoy, there was an incident in potions which caused you to de-age into a toddler. I'm assuming based on your reaction that you have no memory of this, or the past month?"

Draco looked stunned. "Month? And no sir, I do not remember anything."

Harry took in a sharp breath at that, drawing Draco's attention to him.

"Potter? Why are you here?" He said with a sneer, no different than how he was before the potions incident.

"Mr. Potter was assigned the task of caring for you when you were... regressed, as for... you wouldn't have it any other way." Snape supplied.

"Harry Potter, took care of me? Well don't I feel special."

It continued like that for a while, Draco asking more questions and either Dumbledore or Snape answering them. Soon, Dumbledore dismissed them, and they all walked out together, much to Draco's dismay. Once they got out of the office, Draco turned to Harry.

"I hope you know this doesn't change anything Potter. Your little hero act doesn't make me despise you any less." Draco said before turning and walking off to the Slytherin dorms.

Pansy looked at Harry and set a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry Harry..." she said.

"I-it's alright, there was nothing you could've done. I was expecting it. I got to go pack, I'll see you guys later." Harry said with the steadiest voice he could manage, and all but ran toward the flat.

The four exchanged sad looks, and departed towards their respective common rooms.

Once Harry got to the flat, he didn't hold back any more. He let the tears fall. He went into his room, and started packing his clothes. He was shoving a shirt into a bag when he noticed the slight weight in his robe pocket. He reached his hand in there, finding something, and pulling it out. It was the toy car that he had taken earlier.

Right there, upon seeing the car, was when Harry broke. He slid down the wall, sitting on the floor, sobs racking his body as he clutched the car in a tight fist. And the only thought on his mind? He hates me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 976 18
By: Roozette Once there was a potions accident... Ha! Harry turns five, much to the distress of the I don't want to be a Death Eater brigade Publishe...
134K 4.3K 30
Harry and Draco get sent back in time to their fourth year, except this time they know what they didn't know before, and now their only confidants ar...
74.7K 3.7K 15
Festina Tempus (Rewrite) -Harry Potter Fanfiction- A rewrite of my completely Drarry fanfiction Potions Class Gone Wrong In short terms - Harry is s...
209K 9.5K 34
The war just ended, and the world has been saved. But Draco Malfoy and his family are now facing trial, and Harry has to wonder whether he should rev...