Flamed Out (Roy Mustang X Oc)

By Bohannon_

An au Follows the 09 anime, with swears and heavy topics, but not too heavy. I try to be sensitive to the peo... More

Authors note
Chapter 1 (revised)
Chapter 2 (revised)
Chapter 3 (revised)
Chapter 4 (revised)
Chapter 5 (revised)
Chapter 6 (revised)
Chapter 7 (revised)
Chapter 8 (revised)
Chapter 9 (revised)
Chapter 10 (revised)
Chapter 11 (revised)
Chapter 12 (revised)
Chapter 13 (revised)
Chapter 14 (revised)
Chapter 15 (revised)
Chapter 16 (revised)
Chapter 17 (revised)
Chapter 18 (revised)
Chapter 19 (revised)
Chapter 20 (revised)
Chapter 21 (revised)
Chapter 22 (revised)
Chapter 23 (revised)
Chapter 24 (revised)
Chapter 25 (revised)
Chapter 26 (revised)
Chapter 27 (revised)
Chapter 28 (revised)
Chapter 29 (revised)
Chapter 30 (revised)
Chapter 31 (revised)
Chapter 32 (revised)
Chapter 33 (revised)
Chapter 34 (revised)
Chapter 35 (revised)
Chapter 36 (edited)
Chapter 37 (edited)
Chapter 38 (edited)
Chapter 39 (edited)
Chapter 40 (edited)
Chapter 41 (edited)
Chapter 42 (edited)
Chapter 43 (edited)
Chapter 44 (edited)
Chapter 45 (edited)
Chapter 46 (edited)
Chapter 47 (edited)
Chapter 48 (edited)
Chapter 49 (edited)
Chapter 50 (edited)
Chapter 51 (edited)
Chapter 53 (edited)
Chapter 54 (edited)
Chapter 55 (edited)
Chapter 56 (edited)
Chapter 57 (edited)
Chapter 58 (edited)
Chapter 59 (edited)
Chapter 60 (edited)
Chapter 61 (edited)
Chapter 62 (edited)
Chapter 63 (edited)
Chapter 64 (edited)
Chapter 65 (edited)
Chapter 66 (edited)
Chapter 67 (edited)
Chapter 68
Epiloge
Last author's note

Chapter 52 (edited)

330 9 0
By Bohannon_

(Hunter's POV) (promised day, central)

The battle was over, Ed defeated father and the souls inside him were let free.

Though the tension was still high.

Al was gone.

I glanced over at his lonely armour and my heart ached, I'd grown to really like Al, and Ed. Seeing them apart was.. strange. They were always glued together.

Lan Fan appeared next to me. "He's dead."

I glanced at her.

"Bradley is dead." She explained.

I nodded and put a hand on her shoulder. "Good." I took a breath. "Did you tell him? Did you tell Greed?"

"Yes. He knew." She didn't tell me what his response was but I was just happy that at least he knew. I guess that's what he meant by my dept being paid.

I walked up to Ed, he was sitting next to Al's empty armour.

He was quiet.

I knelt down next to him, ruffling his hair and then putting a hand on his back wanting to comfort him.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry." The little Xingease girl cried. She sat across from us.

"It's not your fault Mai.. it was Al's decision." He tried comforting her.

"Ed!" He jolted up. "I've got the toll for him!" Ling held out a philosopher stone. "Take it. It's a philosopher stone. Use it to bring him back!"

The offer made Ed tremble and he grunted. "I can't.." He slammed his fist into the ground. "As much as I want to, I can't.. I promised Al we'd never use a philosopher stone."

I rubbed his back, feeling him tremble.

He was deep in thought.

"Edward."

It was Hohenheim, leaning against Izumi for support.

"Use my life for the toll. Use me to save Alphonse." He offered as well.

I let out a breath.

"I've got just enough life left..." He was cut off when Ed's face turned to anger.

He grunted. "NO WAY! I COULD NEVER DO THAT YOU DUMBASS! THIS DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU!" He shifted up. "ITS OUR OWN DAMN FAULT!"

"I won't use another human life to get Al back AND I DON'T CARE WHOSE IT IS!"

He pointed at Hohenheim. "WHY SHOULD YOU SACRIFICE YOUR LIFE FOR OUR MISTAKE?"

"Because I'm his father."

Ed was taken back by Hohenheim's words.

"And that's the only thing that matters. You don't know how much you boys mean to me and I just want you to be happy. And I do bare some responsibility for this, this might not have happened if I'd just been there for you." He lowered his head.

Ed was speechless. So was I, but then again, I don't have a good track record with fathers either.

"I'm sorry Ed. I've lived long enough, just give me this chance to act like a father for once in my life." He pleaded.

I watched as Ed's face turned into a mixture of emotion, he whimpered holding back his cries.

"SHUT UP YOU ROTTEN FATHER!" His eyes were full of tears and his voice shook. "You say something that dumb again AND I'LL KNOCK YOU OUT!" He held his fists up.

My heart ached watching him cry and I felt his body tremble under my hand. I had never seen Ed cry.

I kept my eyes on him, however I could tell Hohenheim was just as upset as Ed.

"I'm sorry.. Forgive me."

Ed grunted even louder, he was about to stand up but stopped when I applied pressure to his shoulder, I kept him in place.

I leaned towards him. "Easy now, kid." I spoke softly. "Wipe your tears."

He wiped his face and looked back at Al. He glanced around and landed on Riza and Roy, and then he looked at me.

I smiled wanting to give him hope. "If anyone can figure this out Ed, it's you."

He looked away from me and he relaxed, he looked down at his hands unclenching his fists.

And then a smile grew on his face.

I looked away from him, putting my attention on the little girl across from us. She was bowing and crying. "Alphonse... oh Alphonse.." She trembled. "Poor Alphonse..." She cried louder.

My eyes saddened and my heart hurt for her. I guess she cares a lot for Alphonse.

I looked up as Ed stood up.

"Major, stand back a little and take Mai with you." He looked down at me, a smile on his face.

I nodded. "Okay."

I stood up and walked over to the girl. "Come on." I held my hand out.

But before she could grab my hand Ed walked away, grabbing a stick and outlining a circle in the dirt; it made me smile.

But then my smile dropped when I realized it was a human transmutation circle. That's not what I meant!

He threw the stick. "I'll be back in a few minutes. This is my last transmutation."

"Edward..." I stepped towards him.

He turned to me, holding his arms out. "Stand back and enjoy the show."

He clapped his hands and transmuted himself.

"Edward!" I yelled at him.

"Stop Ed!"

"Elric!"

"No Edward Elric!"

And he was gone.

I stood still processing what just happened. This kid... after all that.. he still transmuted himself? What's he going to do? Offer himself?

The only thing I could hear was my shaky breath and pounding heart.

Everyone stood still in anticipation.

I snapped myself out of it and turned back to the girl. "Are you hurt?" I held my hand out.

She shook her head no and looked up at me. "What do you think Edwards doing?"

I felt a million eyes on as soon as the question left her mouth, people standing around waiting for my answer, as if I knew. How could I possibly know?

I took a breath. "Saving his brother." I simply answered, because that's probably what he was doing.

"How?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I've never been to the other side."

She fell silent at my response.

A few minutes later and Ed returned with Al's real body.

The crowd began cheering loudly and celebrating and it was over, the battle was over.

I ran towards them, kneeling down and looking Al over. His body was malnourished and his muscles had atrophied horribly, he was so thin you could see his bones.

I checked his pulse, surprisingly it was strong. I smiled and looked at Ed, he relaxed at my the sight of my excitement.

"Move him." I ordered.

I stepped back allowing the Briggs men to move Al, he hadn't made it to the other side yet so he wasn't awake.

They moved him and placed him on someone's coat near Central's main building. Someone had taken off their coat and covered him with it.

I sat on one side of him, checking his vitals every few minutes, while Ed and two of Kimblees former men sat on the other side of him; Mai stood behind Ed.

A few minutes passed and he opened his eyes.

A huge smile grew on my face.

"Hey! He's waking up!"

"How're you feeling? You okay?"

"Zampano, and Darius.." Al glanced around. "You're all here." He glanced at me and smiled.

"Heh dad..!"

"Hey.." Hohenheim held his hand out. "Welcome back." He smiled at him.

Ed helped him sit up.

"Home at last." He said grabbing hold of Hohenheim's hand. He hummed. "It's so warm."

"Alphonse!" Mai cried. She threw herself on him.

"Mai!"

She cried. "I was... so scared..."

Al's gaze softened. "I bet. Sorry, it was wrong of me to put you through that. It's okay now, thank you." He comforted her.

I leaned towards him. "Welcome back."

He looked at me and smiled. "Thank you."

His voice is so soft...

I like it.

I stood up giving room for Hohenheim to sit next to him. I put a hand on his shoulder patting it lightly.

He looked up at me and he smiled, putting his hand over mine.

After that I stepped away from the group, finally having a moment for myself and allowing the others to have time with Al.

Finally, there was no one looking at me to tell them what to do, no ones life in my hands. I didn't have to watch over a gate anymore, or pin down a bunch of Central men, or yell sense back into a Prince.

I rubbed my neck taking a few breaths and then my eyes shot open.

Roy?!

I looked around for him, becoming frantic.

Finally I found him and Riza. I wanted nothing more than to talk to him, hear him out, I still wanted him.

That's all, I wanted him.

I wanted to be with him, I wanted to talk to him. I wanted him to want me too.

I ran towards them, it felt like an eternity until I finally reached him. Wrapping my arms around him and forcing myself against him.

He stumbled back under my weight, surprised by the sudden impact.

I quickly teared up as I buried my face into his neck.

"Hunter..?" He spoke softly, however he didn't hug me back.

"It's me..."

I stepped back and cuffed his face, looking at his now grey eyes. Which only made me want to cry harder.

I trembled. "What happened...?"

This angry look came on his face.

Riza put a hand on my shoulder and whispered into my ear. "He was forced to do human transmutation." She stepped back.

I took a loud breath and this weak sob left my mouth, I hugged him again my grip even tighter than before. And he still refrained from hugging back.

"Please don't cry.." He whispered to me.

I stepped away from him and wiped my tears. "I'm sorry..."

"Why are you sorry? You didn't do anything." He sounded annoyed.

My eyes saddened even more, I avoided looking at him. "I'm sorry because it happened."

He went silent.

I looked at Riza, she was also confused.

I decided that he probably didn't want me here, so I stepped back slowly.

What should I have expected?

Riza looked at me apologetically.

I stepped up to her, noticing the blood on her. I pulled her into a hug. "Thank you... for not dying."

I took a jagged breath before turning my back to them, I felt unwanted and hurt. Let down but not surprised, yet again.

I looked back at the group and Al was now being taken to the hospital.

And now I was alone.

Falman was at the gate, Armstrong was down, Miles was still at Eastern command and it would be hours until he came back.

I didn't want to stay with Roy and Riza, I obviously wasn't wanted there.

The other Briggs men were resting and some were injured, and I lost sight of William and Smith.

I was almost lost. I didn't know where to go or who to turn to.

Do I have to prepare myself to be alone again?

Is that something I have to do? Again?....

Here I was. Alone, again. With no one to turn to, again. No where to go, again.

It almost felt like I was back at my Eastern home, after Peter died and I was alone for months, no one called, no one bothered to come by. Except for Maes.. he tried, all the time, he tried and he was gone.

I felt so stupid for going up and hugging Roy like that.. after I slapped him and told me to stay away from me.

I felt stupid for showing that I still cared, that I still love him. You stupid stupid dumbass.. why would you do that?

And then my eyes landed on General Armstrong and Miles.

And I was relieved.

Because at least I had them, even after all this bullshit, I still had them. And even though things were awkward between Armstrong and I after the whole confession thing, I still had her.

That is the security and the certainty that I have with them.

Even when my family and the people I love pushed me away, I had them and I would always have them. Even on bad terms, that's the loyalty Briggs soldiers had for each other.

I could breathe again, because the people who saved me when I couldn't save myself were still here.

When did Miles get here? I thought he'd still be in the East.

I watched as Armstrong whispered something to him and then stepped away, looking in my direction.

He lowered his head and then looked at me, this sad look on his face.

And that's when it struck me again, Buccaneers dead.

I felt a powerful sob build up in my chest and I teared up.

He walked towards me.

I ran towards him meeting him halfway. I wrapped myself around him, burying my face into his jacket.

He rubbed my back. "I'm sorry..." His voice was soft.

I looked up at him, completely unable to speak. He pulled me closer, feeling sorry for me.

"What happened to your face?" He asked.

I took a jagged breath, trying very very hard to catch my breath and find my voice again.

"Up on the gate, we met Bradley and..." I took another jagged breath. "Buccaneers automail broke and.." I trembled, forcing myself to remember. "And heavy wire whipped across my face..."

"Oh.." His voice was sad.

A minute passed and I stayed wrapped against him, I craved someone's warmth after today's events, and I obviously wasn't getting it from who I wanted it from.

I relaxed into him. I knew he felt awkward like this but I also knew he wouldn't push me away, I took advantage of this.

My tears stopped and my heart didn't race as hard anymore.

I calmed down and the adrenaline in my veins went down, that's when I started feeling dizzy and short of breath. Not to mention I started feeling the effects of my injuries, massive amounts of pain filled my body.

My head throbbed, my shoulder and arm throbbed. Everything spun and started looking fuzzy.

I'll faint in a few minutes...

"Miles."

"Hmm?"

"Bradley's sword sliced through my left shoulder... it's about.... 7 inches in length and... 3 centimetres deep. The... cut on my face is... about 6 inches in length and... I think I'm blind in that eye." I was woozy and everything spun.

I took another breath. "I want... Doctor Veil to.... um... to stitch my face... Don't let anyone else touch.. it. Don't let them throw my clothes away..." I couldn't speak anymore, I felt weak.

"What?"

My vision blurred and my body went limp.

"Devlin!"

He sounded so far away, I leaned against him.

And everything turned dark.

(Roy's POV) (promised day, central)

I flinched feeling someone force themselves on me. They wrapped their arms around my neck and began crying.

I know who this is... I took a breath, gladly taking in her scent again. And just like before, I felt like my skin was on fire, it always felt like that whenever I was near her.

I raised my hands planning on hugging her back but stopped. I can't... I don't deserve to... not after the way you ripped her heart out and stomped on it.

But.. I'm so glad you're still alive- I put my arms down.

"Hunter?.." I started.

"It's me..." She cried.

My heart ached hearing her cry.

She stepped away and caressed my face. Words can't describe how badly I wanted to see her face. My chest ached even more, like a burning sensation.

"What happened?" Her voice shook.

My heart ache was now replaced with anger. I was angry at Bradley, at them, angry because this happened and I couldn't see anymore.

Suddenly she gasped and let out another sad cry, she hugged me again even tighter than before.

I wish I could hug you back...

"Please don't cry..." I pleaded.

She stepped away from me.

No... don't let go. I wanted her warmth, her touch, to hear her voice, to see her. I wanted her.

"I'm sorry." She was apologizing, for what? What does she have to be sorry for? What did she do?

"Why are you sorry? You didn't do anything." My voice sounded rough.

I didn't mean to sound that way...

Shit! Wait!

I opened my mouth to speak but she cut me off.

"I'm sorry because it happened." By the sound of her voice I knew I fucked up with my tone.

Goddamn it... you fucking idiot...

I clenched my jaw regretting every choice I ever made.

I should just stop talking... Listen to what she says to Hawkeye instead..

She's probably going to stop and tell her what happened, where the hell she was.

I wonder if she's injured...? Greed didn't say if she was or not...

But Bradley did say he landed a hit on her..

I noticed the silence.

Did she leave?

I was confused, I assumed she'd stay and at least talk to the Lieutenant.

"Hunter?"

"She left sir." Hawkeye sounded annoyed.

I groaned under my breath. "Where is she?"

"Who?" Major Armstrong's powerful voice entered the conversation.

"She's hugging Major Miles." Hawkeye sounded distracted.

"Miles?!" I asked.

"Ooh that's a shame, Captain Buccaneer died." Armstrong sounded sad. "Weren't they close?"

"Yes, they were." Hawkeye answered him. "Close friends I believe."

I scoffed. I thought I was her best friend.

Or...

At least,

I was.

"I wonder what happened up there on the main gate. Have you seen her eye?" Armstrong pondered.

"Her eye?" I questioned.

"If you still want her, you should tell her. Before she actually decides to move on." Hawkeye spoke.

".. it's not that-"

"Simple? Of course, nothing is ever simple. Not between you two." She sighed. "Just explain."

"Explain.. what?" Armstrong voice appeared again.

I sighed. "It's... a long story."

Suddenly Hawkeye gasped, very very loudly.

"Devlin!" Armstrong sounded worried.

"What?! What's happening?!" I panicked.

"She fainted sir." Hawkeye put a hand on my shoulder. "Miles caught her..."

I let out a breath of relief, at least she didn't hit the ground.

"They're taking her away. I assume they're talking her to the hospital." Armstrong explained. "We should all get checked too." He made a good point. "Devlin advised me to get my shoulder reset."

"Oh.. right." I felt Hawkeye's hand wrap around my wrist, we started walking.

We won but.... I still feel so....

Defeated.

————————————————————————————————————————————————Bohannon

Imagine if I just left it here and that's it, that's the end of the story lolololol

Thanks for reading!

-I don't own Fullmetal Alchemist or any of its characters

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 51 6
(Y/n) is an insecure, hopeless romantic who is very close friends with her roommate Winry Rockbell. The pair approach and conquer their junior year o...
334 14 4
"Fuck you ! If you're not happy about us, You can leave like you used to ! Like your father !" Thoses were the last words he heard from her three yea...
34.5K 1.5K 32
An ill-tempered alchemist, a girl who enjoys poking fun a little too much, and a poor suit of armor that stands between their fights. An initially fo...
204 11 11
Shane tries her best to be a good kid and learn alchemy to make her parents proud. But after a shocking discovery her world is flipped upside down an...