My YouTube Prince

By Zeemzie

"This is from Jessheart12. She said 'you guys definitely have feelings for each other'" he read out. "Is that... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Appreciation Chapter
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-one
Chapter Fifty-two
Chapter Fifty-three
Chapter Fifty-four
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter Fifty-six
Chapter Fifty-seven
Chapter Fifty-eight
Chapter Fifty-nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-one
Chapter Sixty-two
Chapter Sixty-three
Chapter Sixty-four
Chapter Sixty-five
Chapter Sixty-six
Chapter Sixty-seven

Chapter Seven

546 112 22
By Zeemzie

I was sprawled out lazily on my bed. My study alarm had rang about ten minutes ago but I still wasn't able to bring myself to get up. My bones felt too heavy to even move and with each passing minute, the desire to go back to sleep intensified.

It was sunny Sunday afternoon. We had attended Church service early in the morning by 7am and once we got back, we went straight to our beds and dozed off.

Oluchi and I preferred attending the very first service of the day in order for us to have the rest of the day from 10am to ourselves. Being students, we were already used to waking up at such an early time so it wasn't much of a hassle.

The feeling of knowing, we had already attended Church and there was nothing else weighing on our minds. We could choose to sleep the rest of the day through if we wanted.

"Neye, do you want to wash this shirt?" Oluchi lifted a blue shirt in the air.

"Yes, thank you" I replied

She gathered the shirt along with other clothes, both hers and mine, and stepped out of the room. Saturdays were our usual laundry day but Oluchi didn't feel up to doing it.

We usually took turns in washing each others clothes every weekend. If I were to wash on a weekend, Oluchi would take care of cleaning the entire apartment.

I stretched out my arm on the bed and picked my phone beside me. I tapped on my YouTube app.

After I discovered Yinka's YouTube channel, I became curious as to what his channel about, the contents he makes and to know what he was like back in the UK.

Once I started watching his videos, I became intrigued. His channel was filled with vlogs, mukbangs, collaborations with friends and his music videos. They were all really fun to watch, I could see his charismatic personality shine through.

I also got to listen to some of his songs and watch his music videos. It was easy to deduct that he had a very good singing voice and rhythm.

Although, most of his songs were centered or referring to money, women, sex and partying. It really didn't speak to the soul or touch me on the inside, the songs were really good for clubing/partying.

I actually recognized one of his songs because it was played during his 'welcome back' party. I made sure to avoid the reposted vlog video because I didn't want to see comments asking 'who I was' and things like that.

I clicked on one of his videos that I recently downloaded using his house WiFi. I was going to use the video to keep my mind active till my body was ready to co-operate with me.

Oluchi re-entered the room and headed straight for the wardrobe. She picked up a new packet of washing bar soap before heading for the door.

She peered into my phone enroute to the door. "You're still watching this guy's videos" she pointed out and then walked out of the room.

She had seen me watching one of his videos the day before but I didn't think she took note of it because she didn't seem interested.

After the video ended, I willed myself to get out of my bed. I had some assignments pending and a lot of reading to catch-up on.

"Now, which one do I start with?" I muttered to myself as I walked over to the reading table, my sister and I shared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Five hours later

My assignments were finally done and so was most of my reading. I still had one more course I hadn't visited because I was getting tired and bored of staring at textbooks and learning materials. The outstanding subject wasn't so tasking and didn't require much to understand it.

I made a mental note to look through it before I went to sleep for the night. My phone began to ring underneath my pillow, on my bed. I rose from the reading table and headed for it.

I always kept my phone away from me whenever I wanted to study because if I had it close, I would end up not doing anything. The tendency to pick it up and answer a chat, look through someone's status or see what's happening on Twitter or Instagram was very high.

I pulled out the phone from underneath my pillow and the caller ID read Emeka.

"Hello. What's up?" I answered

"Nothing much. Are you at home?" He replied

"Yeah. Why?"

"I'm around your area. Can you come out? Or are you busy?" He said

"No, I'm free. Give me two minutes" I replied

"Kay" he said, then hung up.

I was braless in my favorite, most comfortable house wear. A sky blue medium sized T-shirt with two cute kittens imprinted on the front and a yellow female comfort boxers.

I had to put a bratop on and change into a three quarter jeans. I stuck my phone in my side pocket and used my T-shirt to cover it.

"Oluchi, don't forget the beans you're cooking oh" I told Oluchi who was laying on her bed with her phone in her hand.

"I'm meeting up with Emeka, just around the vicinity. I'll be back soon" I informed her.

"Kay" she muttered, not looking up from her phone.

"Don't forget that beans oh. This one you're pressing phone" I said before walking out of the room.

The sky was gradually getting dark as the sun had almost set. The air was cool and it was a little bit windy but not too much for me to worry about rain. As I rounded up the corner of my street, I saw Emeka approaching.

Emeka was a tall, average looking, dark skinned guy. A tad bit lighter than me. He always spotted a very low-cut hairstyle and hardly ever went for the extravagant ones.

In our little group, he was the jokester. Always cracking one joke or the other and trying to alleviate boring and stressful situations. Everything about him was funny, down to his walking step. He walked like he had something between his legs which we tended to tease him about. It was always nice to have him around.

"Huncle this one you came to see me, am I safe?" I said playfully

He chuckled. "I came to see one of my guys who lives not too far from here. So I was like since I'm already here, let me just pity you and pop by. Don't feel too special"

I laughed. "Goat"

"But you could've just come to the house" I said as we fell into a slow paced stroll with no direction in particular.

"Nahh. I didn't want to stay too long" he replied

"So, you kon force me to have an evening stroll" I joked. (You've compelled me to have an evening stroll)

He laughed.

"Anyways, it's fine. I've been in my apartment for most of the day" I said

We talked about random things for a couple minutes then later fell into a comfortable silence, soaking up the scenery around us. We approached the bus-stop which had a Sharwama joint close to it.

"Do you want to get Sharwama?" He asked gesturing to the scarcely crowded Sharwama joint.

"Nah. I didn't bring my wallet out with me" I tapped the sides of my jeans and raised my bare hands to him.

He shook his head at me and said to himself. "I'm offering to buy this girl Sharwama and she's talking about wallet"

"Are you serious?" I grinned

"Shey you don't want abi" he said. (It's like you're not interested)

"No, I want oh. Let's go" I said and headed over to the Sharwama place.

It was likeable to an open stall so I could order from the outside.

"Good evening. Can I have one Sharwama?" I said to the guy in the stall.

"Beef or chicken?"

"Uhm... Beef's okay" I said but changed my mind on second thought. "Wait, sorry. I'll have chicken"

"Okay. It'll be ready in ten minutes" the guy informed as he got to work.

I rubbed my palms together in anticipation and turned to Emeka.

"Oh my gosh. I forgot to even ask you which one you would like to get" I said

"Nah, I'm fine" he replied

"This one you decided to just buy Sharwama for me and you're not even interested in having one yourself" I pointed out. "I thank God ohh"

He laughed. "You act like I don't get anything for you"

"You do actually but this is out of the blue" I replied.
"I'm not complaining sha" I added

"Here" the Sharwama guy handed me the Sharwama in a black nylon bag

"Thank you" I said

Emeka handed the guy the money and we walked back to the bus-stop. There was a loading bus that was half full with the conductor standing near, calling out for passengers.

"I'll be going home now" he stated

"Alright, now. I'll see you tomorrow" I said giving him a good bye hug.

"Thank you again for the Sharwama" I added

"No problem" he replied

I waved him good bye before he entered the loading bus and then I made my way back home. In the course of strolling, the sky had gotten even darker so I quickened my steps.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have a lovely weekend.

VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 32.7K 55
"Go, I don't want to make you hate me for what I did." he says softly as a tear of drop dipped from his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I approac...
52.1K 15.3K 48
As if he was aware of being followed, Henry increased his pace further. He got to the elevator while I quickly rushed and slid in before the elevator...
86K 1.3K 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
196K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...