CROWN ON THE GROUND ━ FATED:...

By villainobrien

❝set, set that crown on the ground.❞ ━━━ crown on the ground. season one | completed. season two | on going... More

CROWN ON THE GROUND.
ACT ONE.
PLAYLIST AND CAST.
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
ACT TWO.
PLAYLIST + CASTING.
I.

VI.

9.9K 314 91
By villainobrien

CHAPTER SIX.
heavydirtysoul, by twenty one pilots.

Hours later from her conversation with Sky, Malvolia finds herself sitting outside the Fairy Hall by herself. The pounding music reverberates the walls of Alfea. Malvolia lets out a sigh, pulling her knees to her chest.

"Surprised to see you out here all by yourself," Beatrix teases as she sneaks behind the brunette.

Malvolia shrugs. "I have a lot on my mind."

Beatrix hums. "It's probably about to get worse."

Malvolia glances at her suitemate before rolling her eyes. "If you came out here to be cryptic than you might as well just go back inside."

Beatrix smirks. "Feisty tonight, are we?"

"Try mentally exhausted," Mal huffs. She crosses her arms over her chest.

Beatrix walks closer to the girl. "Then are you sure you want the truth?"

Malvolia raises her eyebrows. "Right now?" She asks, sighing as she sees Beatrix nod. "One second," she says before grabbing her cup and chugging the alcohol in it. She tosses the cup next to her before turning back to the freckled girl next to her. "I'm ready."

Beatrix laughs before turning to look at the night view in front of her. They sit in silence for a couple of minutes before Mal breaks it. "So, feel free to start talking... at any moment, preferably within the next couple of minutes."

Beatrix rolls her eyes. "You remember that story I told you?"

Mal face scrunches in disgust. "How could I not it was brutal."

Beatrix purses her lips. "Well when I told you the story, I left a lot of details out."

Malvolia looks at the other girl in annoyance. "Like what?" 

Beatrix smirks. "Have you ever heard of a town called Aster Dell?" 

Malvolia shakes her head. "No, was I supposed to?"

"No, I suppose not considering it has been all but erased."

"Where are you going with this, Bea?"

"Aster Dell was a small town, it was couple hours from here. Everything about it was beautiful from the people to the town itself."

"Why are you telling me this?" Mal asks.

Beatrix turns to face her. "Because Aster Dell is where it all started," she says, her brown eyes meeting Malvolia's. "Aster Dell bore a lot of people, including one powerful woman. Her name was Desdemona."

"The woman from the yearbook?"

"Precisely, some would call her an abomination however nobody could deny the fact that she was powerful. She came from two powerful bloodlines, one side a long lineage of fairies and the other... witches."

"Witches?" Malvolia whispers in shock.

Beatrix nods. "Alfea recruited her under the guise that that they wanted to help her control her magic but in reality, they wanted to watch her because they feared her. Desdemona knew their true intentions, nothing could get past her, but her aunt was the headmistress of Alfea, so she went anyway. There she met four people, Harvey, Dowling, Silva and Andreas."

"Sky's father?" 

Beatrix ignore the interruption. "She hit it off with all of them, but Silva and Andreas took a particular liking to her. The three quickly became close, Andreas and Silva both fell in love with her, but Desdemona only fell in love with Silva."

"Wait wait wait, hold on, why have I never heard of her then? I mean, my dad has never mentioned her."

Beatrix smirks. "Patience, we'll get there."

Malvolia sighs but nods her head anyways. 

"Desdemona ended up getting pregnant and Silva was the father. All was fine and then it wasn't. Burned Ones started to run rampant, they were killing fairies left and right. Queen Luna was worried, she wasn't sure how to protect her people, so she got help from the headmistress of Alfea, her name was Rosalind. She found out that Burned Ones had surrounded Aster Dell and she rallied together a team to help fight them."

"Andreas, Dowling, Silva, Harvey and Desdemona?" Malvolia guesses.

Beatrix nods. "Since Desdemona knew the workings of Aster Dell, she was assigned as second in charge of the mission. They were supposed to only kill the Burned Ones and keep the people of Aster Dell safe... but Harvey, Dowling, and Silva were willing to destroy them at any cost." 

"And there was a cost, wasn't there?" Malvolia whispers, her brown eyes wide. 

"There always is when it comes to war," Beatrix replies. "Rosalind, Desdemona, and Andreas tried desperately to stop the three from destroying the town but they were blood thirsty. They wanted the Burned Ones dead, and they killed the entire town of Aster Dell in doing so."

Malvolia gasps, tears filling her eyes. 

Beatrix turns her sad eyes to face Malvolia. "But the carnage didn't stop there. Before they were able to fully destroy Aster Dell, Andreas and Desdemona attempted to stop them, but Silva and Dowling killed them both."

"But she was pregnant," Malvolia whispered in disgust. 

"They didn't care, that's what I've been trying to warn you of this entire time. They're blood thirsty monsters."

"What happened to the baby?" Malvolia asks, a sick feeling in her gut.

"She's fine, she's amazing actually. She goes to Alfea, she has incredible powers. She's beautiful and she's standing right in front of me." 

Malvolia gasp, finally letting the tears fall down her eyes. "No, no you're fucking with me this is all a fucking lie." 

"It's not Malvolia, I promise you that," Beatrix pleads for her to believe. "I have never lied to you in all the time that I've known you, why would I start now?"

Malvolia continues to shake her head in disbelief. "If this is true than how the fuck would you know all this? It happened 16 years ago, right? So, you were just a baby too, how the fuck would you know?"

"Because Andreas and Desdemona told me themselves," Beatrix tells her.

"What?" Malvolia whispers in disbelief. "How? I don't- I don't understand."

"Sky's father and your mother are still alive Malvolia, they've been alive this whole time. I'm working with them to try to free Rosalind from the death grip of Dowling, that's why I'm here. That is also why I'm telling you this, I need your help." 

Malvolia bites her fingernail. "No, no this isn't true. Do you know what this would mean for me if it were? It means that my entire life has been a lie, that the person I thought was my adoptive father is my actual father and he has been lying to me this whole time. Everyone I could possibly think to trust has been lying to me!"

"Except for me," Beatrix adds on, her voice small and soft. "You know this is true Malvolia," the freckled girl speaks up. "The same intuition and power your mom has runs through your veins." 

Malvolia's bottom lip shakes as she tries to form words, tears falling rapidly down her cheek. "If this is true... then I have to tell Sky."

"What? No," Beatrix denies.

"His father is alive; he deserves to know just like I did."

Beatrix grips Mal's arm. "I'm not even supposed to be telling you this yet, you can't tell Sky about his father everything has to go to plan. He'll find out soon, I promise."

Malvolia sighs. "What am I supposed to do now though? Forget this all happened? Pretend like I don't know?"

"No," Bea whispers, her hand slides down Malvolia's shoulder until it meets her hand. "You never forget that they lied to you. I think I know where they're keeping Rosalind, I just need Callum gone."

"I can use my powers on him, I'll put him to sleep," Malvolia suggests.

Beatrix smirks. "I was hoping you would say that, come on," she urges, pulling the brunette with her.

The two of them walk through the doors of Dowling's office. "What are you two doing in here?" Callum asks, standing up from his desk.

Malvolia follows Beatrix to the bookshelf, Callum right behind them. Beatrix effortlessly opens the passageway using her magic. 

"You need to get out!" Callum says.

Malvolia swiftly runs around, her eyes lighting purple. "Sleep," she says, watching as Callum's limp body falls to the floor.

Beatrix smirks. "I knew there was a reason I loved you."

Malvolia rolls her eyes, following Beatrix into the passage. They walk down the dark hallway, following the hum of magic. 

"This is spooky," Malvolia speaks up before they turn the corner and look at the swirling blue wall of magic. "What the hell is that? Is she in there? How the fuck are we supposed to ger her out?" Malvolia starts to panic.

Beatrix ignores her, she slowly walks towards the wall. She reaches her hand out and gradually moves it closer as soon as her finger touches the magic barrier her body gets thrown backwards. She crashes into Beatrix successfully knocking them both down. 

"What the fuck!" Malvolia shouts, her face scrunched in pain. 

Beatrix quickly shufflers herself into a standing position. She pulls Malvolia up as well, anger and annoyance clear on her face. 

"I'm guess that wasn't supposed to happen?"

"You think?" Beatrix snaps.

"Alright, fuck you too," Malvolia retorts defensively. 

The two angrily stomp back to Dowling's office where Callum is slowly starting to wake up. His eyes flutter open.

"Well, that was a bust," Beatrix states to no one in particular. "Turns out Dowling's a more cautious bitch than I thought," she says kneeling next to Callum. "Just when we get through one barrier, she sticks up another one. She'll be back soon, it's too bad you'll already be dead."

"What?" Malvolia shouts as she watches Beatrix quite literally zap the life out of Callum. "What the fuck have you done?"

"What's necessary," Beatrix states before strutting out Dowling's office.

It was later in the night that Malvolia found herself sitting by herself once again. The sound of faint footsteps each here ear before she feels the presence of someone sitting next to her. 

"I don't know if anyone has told you yet, but the Burned One that hurt Dad was killed today. He's going to be okay," Sky says softly, a smile on his face.

"Yippee for him," Malvolia replies dryly. 

Sky's face furrows in confusion. "I thought-I thought you'd be more excited."

Malvolia purses her lips before scoffing. 

Sky shakes his head. "What the hell is going on with you Malvolia? You pull away from me and Dad, then you say some cryptic shit and now you're acting like you wish Dad had died."

Malvolia's face softens. "I'm sorry Sky, I'm not trying to hurt you... everyone else, yeah but you never."

Sky sighs as he looks into Malvolia's big brown eyes. It felt like just yesterday she was giving him puppy dog eyes and begging him to play dolls with her. 

"Everything is so jumbled right now," Malvolia confesses in a whisper. "I don't know what's the truth and what's a lie. I don't know who the hell I am anymore, I just... I don't fucking know. And the only thing that I do know is that I'm fucking angry and I'm fucking tired." 

"You're the girl who used to beg me to play with her," Sky says speaking up after a fee minutes of silence. "The girl who would make me check under her bed for monsters. The girl who used to invade the privacy of my brain and announce my crushes to everyone. You're my sister and that may not mean much to you right bow but it means a hell of a lot to me because you're my family. And I don't have much of that." 

Malvolia lets a couple of tears fall down her face. She grabs Sky's hand and leans her shoulder against him. "I love you Sky."

Sky kisses her head. "I love you too Lia and whatever the hell is happening with you, we'll figure it out."

"It's happening with you too," Mal whispers, Sky turning his head to look at her. "Everything is going to change for us. I can't- I can't tell you how. Honestly, I'm not even sure of much right now but I do know that I don't want anything to happen to the people I care about. I don't want anything to happen to you or Riven." 

"And nothing will," Sky reassures her, taking note of how she doesn't mention their father but chooses not to press it in fear of her lashing out. "We'll be okay, Lia, I promise."

"I don't think that's something you can promise," Mal whispers before turning back to the scenery.

The two siblings sit in silence, deep into their own thoughts. Unknowing of the hell that is about to break loose.

NOTES.
hello! i rewrote this chapter like a million times which is why it is so short and also why it took me so long to get it out. well that and school has been kicking my ass the past couple of days, i have four papers due by friday and here i am writing for this book instead lmfaoo
anywho, if you haven't checked it out already i posted a new riven fic called Hypnotic! i'll start updating it as soon as this book is done!
as always please leave any feedback or thoughts y'all have it really helps motivate me! :) <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.9K 823 9
"𝐼 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼 𝑎𝑚 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑚𝑦 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝑖𝑠 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑚𝑦 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚...
164K 3.1K 61
「 riven x f!oc 」 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, faye silva starts her first year at alfea college training to be a specialist. she finds herself becoming close w...
10.7K 282 13
"I need you to talk to me Sparky." "Go back to not caring Riven." FATE THE WINX SAGA S1-S2 Riven x OC female character All rights reserved
89.5K 3.5K 37
𝙊𝙧𝙥𝙝𝙞𝙘 (adj.) mysterious and entrancing; beyond ordinary understanding. In which Fallon Vesper, a second year fairy and specialist tries to l...