A Heart To Keep (A Michael Ja...

By _TheGlovedOne

๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต, ๐˜... More

DISCLAIMER
CHAPTER 1- Flustered
CHAPTER 2- The Jones'
CHAPTER 3- Sixth Sense
CHAPTER 4- Favor
CHAPTER 5- Electricity
CHAPTER 6- Ideas
CHAPTER 7- Confirmation
CHAPTER 8- Apple Pie
CHAPTER 9- Attack
CHAPTER 10- Note
CHAPTER 11- Lonely
CHAPTER 12- Check-up
CHAPTER 13- Plane Ride
CHAPTER 14- Spark
CHAPTER 15- Waiting
CHAPTER 16- Envy
CHAPTER 17- Distant
CHAPTER 18- Foreign Feeling
CHAPTER 20- Safety
CHAPTER 21- Stay
CHAPTER 22- Breakfast
CHAPTER 23- Invitation
CHAPTER 24- Gift
CHAPTER 25- Signals
CHAPTER 26- Confused
CHAPTER 27- Confession
CHAPTER 28- Ill-Fated
CHAPTER 29- Truth
CHAPTER 30- I Can't Make You
CHAPTER 31- Misunderstanding
CHAPTER 32- Girl Talk
CHAPTER 33- In the Dark
CHAPTER 34- Ethereal
CHAPTER 35- Spotlight
CHAPTER 36- Fear
CHAPTER 37- Bad Omen
CHAPTER 38- Suspicious
CHAPTER 39- Troubled
CHAPTER 40- Unknown
CHAPTER 41- Memory
CHAPTER 42- Anxious
CHAPTER 43- Revelation
CHAPTER 44- Shatter
CHAPTER 45- Time
CHAPTER 46- Danger
CHAPTER 47- Brink
CHAPTER 48- Letting Go
CHAPTER 49- Years
CHAPTER 50- Apart
FINAL CHAPTER- Again
Author's Note

CHAPTER 19- Unrestricted

1.3K 76 64
By _TheGlovedOne

AMELIA

"You're staying here?" I stared at him wide-eyed.

"Well, I was hoping you'd let me. I can't eat all of these alone" he backed up and let my hand go, walking towards the table where he settled the bags of food he bought.

As he came closer, I can already smell the eleven herbs and spices oozing out of the bag. It made my mouth water but I try my best to keep calm. My starving stomach made a rumbling noise as I got a whiff of that precious food. I really want to turn down his offer but I can't turn down good food. So much for healthy eating.

"Where can we eat this? Surely you don't want these near those," he pointed at the plans that I'm currently working on.

"We can eat those at the break room," I pointed and walked towards the door to guide him. I feel so stupid for being in this predicament; being with someone I try to avoid because I can't turn down food. The hypocrisy.

We arrived at the break room and I directly sat down at the chair trying to be quiet. He started to get the contents out of the bag when he noticed my silence.

"Mia, seriously are you okay?" Really? Is he really asking me that now? His presence is enough to make me panic and lose my trail of thoughts and has the audacity to ask that? Can't he get a hint?

I cleared my throat before speaking.

"Uhm-of course. Why wouldn't I be, Mr. Jack-" I paused as he fixed his eyes in an intense gaze. I know calling him formally will piss him off, I just didn't know how much.

Even if it's hard for me to do, if I want to keep my job and this project, what the client wants, I provide.

"Michael. I'm okay" Just speaking his name brought butterflies in my stomach, combined with his close proximity. His frown turned into a beautiful smile and continued taking out the contents of the bag.

"Would you like me to get plates and utensils?" I asked him and stand up from the chair.

"Just plates" He muttered. I looked at him confusingly.

"What? It's not finger-lickin' good for nothing," He said and chuckled. I turned around and walk towards the cabinets for the plates as I laughed quietly at his remark.

I returned with two plates and some napkins just in case the ones that come with the meal are not enough.

He set the table with a plethora of food. I'm shocked because it is definitely too much for two people.

"Why did you order so much?" I asked.

"I didn't know what you would like so ordered most of them," I blushed at the thought of him thinking about me while ordering tons of food. This involuntary action made my face red and I turned away for a second to calm down. Why can't I act normal around him? His simplest gestures are becoming extraordinary in my eyes.

I motioned him to sit down and I also did. I don't know where to start because everything looks amazing. As I'm scanning on what to pick, a drumstick was already in front of me. I look at Michael and his eyes tell me to take it already as he was already munching on one. I took it out of his hands and said thanks.

"Why KFC?" I asked and took a bite.

"I really love their chicken. It's the only fast food I eat." He explained while he chews on the drumstick. I just hummed in response as I continue eating.

"Do you like KFC too?" He followed.

"Of course. Only a dumb person will turn down KFC," I laughed a little. A little silence fell upon the room and decided to break the ice.

"Can I ask you something, Mia?" He asked. I hesitated to say yes but I did anyway.

"Uh- sure go ahead,"

"Why did you choose this job?" I stopped chewing and snapped my head towards him. For a brief second, all of the flashbacks came flooding back. I tried to compose my reply in a concise way because but it would be too long to explain everything.

"It's a long story," was all I can say.

"Oh come on Mia. I'm sure there's a reason,"

"Let's just say that I didn't really want this path but I ended up loving what I do," I replied briefly. He finished his chicken and reached for another one.

"What do you mean?" He curiously asked. Should I tell him? Well, I'll just leave out the details so he can drop this topic already.

"I had a different major back in college. But after some important agendas and unexpected circumstances, I decided to choose architecture," He nodded, telling me to continue as he kept eating the chicken leg.

I sighed long, "It's a long process really. I was never good at drawing but they say that you'll never know unless you try. And that I did," I replied and took a bite out of my piece.

"So drawing was never really you're passion?" I shook my head. "But you're really good at it. I was amazed by the drawings you presented to me. I don't understand,"

"Neither do I," I felt hesitant to continue, but somehow his comforting presence urges me to be open, something that I have never done since I met Jaz, my best friend.

"As I said, I learned to love what I do, so it's not that hard for me to work. Plus, I love the idea of being a part of building someone a home, which was something that I never had," I instantly regret saying the last part because his curious eyes are looking for answers when his gaze fell upon me. I knew he caught that bit because he turned his body towards me, patiently waiting for me to continue. I just continued chewing down on my chicken without lifting my head.

"What was something you never had?" He curiously asked. I slowly looked up to him and met his eyes.

"Nothing. It's nothing," I just smiled at him convincingly, hoping he would buy it. I'm glad he did because he continued eating without pushing it further.

"You said you had a different major in college. Can I ask what was it?" He asked. A picture of the piano at his rehearsal displayed vividly in my head. I think it won't be a big deal to tell him, right?

"Uh- yeah. I initially majored in music performance before transferring to architecture," I replied and his eyes instantly lit up.

"I didn't expect you to be musically inclined Mia," he remarked. "I thought of you as a smarty-pants," he paused and looked directly into my eyes, "but you are so much more than that," my cheeks reddened as I look down to hide the blushing.

"What do you play? Or do you sing?" he continued to ask.

"I grew up playing the piano. And yes I do sing but just a little," his eyes widened at my revelation. Guess he didn't expect that from me.

"You sing?!" he said with a slighter higher tone. "Sorry, I was just surprised," he giggled.

"No, it's okay. It's a long time ago. I never really saw an instrument for a long time, other than the time I was at your rehearsals." I said. He just hummed but a look of amusement is still visible on his face.

"Is that why you're staring at the keyboard behind me?" I shamelessly nodded.

"It's been so long. I just didn't expect that I'd be that wonderstruck. But I have to give up that life. It sucks, but I have to," I continued as I pick up the mashed potato.

"Why? I'm guessing you're good at the piano if you took it as a major in college," He asked. Okay, this calls for a time-out.

"Enough about me," I stood up and walk towards the cabinets again because there's no spoon for the mashed potatoes.

He cleared his throat and spoke, "Well, you can ask me any questions you want to know," he turns his head in my direction. I raised my eyebrows in surprise. That is what I didn't expect from him. I thought he's a reserved man who doesn't want people knowing what's going on in his life. With his line of work, it's really hard to keep your privacy, but now I see a person who's willing to open up his life to a stranger.

"Really? Why?" I replied and return back to my seat.

"I don't know, but I feel like I could trust you," when those words fall from his lips, I felt a tightening sensation in my chest, and my breath got shallow. I tried my best to not let him see but his intense gaze made me think otherwise. I was enraptured by his simple profession. I weighed the consequences of this feeling but I always gravitate back to him even if I try my best to steer clear.

Is this the right time not to follow doctor's orders?

---

"Then I told Bill to go to Salvation Army the next day," I laughed at his remark as we continued to eat half of what he bought. He had this cheeky smile on his face as he tells his story about the time they went to Alabama.

"What? Don't laugh, you really do find good stuff there." He said and burst out a giggle. He's giving me insights on his private life unrestrictedly, like he didn't mind at all.

"I never saw you as a Salvation Army type of guy," I replied. My eyes are squinting in laughter as he tried to justify his remark.

"You know, some places would sell real expensive. I enjoyed shopping there when I was little," he said. What's even funnier is that he's laughing at himself as he reminisce the good old days.

"Do you miss it?" I asked.

"Miss what?"

"You know, your life back then. When you're little," his smile and laughter slowly died down and contemplated about the question I asked. I got the feeling that he's hesitant to give his response.

"It's okay if you don't want to answer" I followed.

"No, no, it's okay," he heavily sighed. "I have mixed feelings about my childhood. But I am thankful for what I went through because I am not what I am today if not for what I have gone through in the past," I look in his eyes and immediately saw sadness. I know something is bothering him.

"Well, whatever it is, I can tell that it made you a better person. Someone who's mature and earnest to achieve the greater things in life through hard work and passion." I smiled to reassure him that he is that man. Even if there are sadness behind those eyes, it never failed to burn with passion and drive. To conquer the world with his greatness is not an easy job, and not many people can do that. I can definitely say that he's one of a kind.

We were staring at each other's eyes in silence when a knock was heard near the door of the break room. I was startled and jumped slightly from my chair, making my heart race. The janitor informed us that he's already locking up the office. When I look at the clock, it's already five past ten. We didn't even realize that we've been talking for almost three hours.

I stood and he followed. We clean the table, making sure that everything is disposed properly and we pack the food that was not eaten.

"Hey Mia, can I use your phone? I just have to call Steven," he spoke.

"Yeah sure. You can use the phone at the front desk, I'll finish up here" I replied. He exited the break room and carry on cleaning the mess. He felt comfortable talking to me earlier I can tell. The conversation was so light we didn't even realize that time was flying by so fast. It made my heart full, knowing that he can trust me with his precious stories nobody else knows.

I left the break room when I saw a frustrated Michael approaching.

"Steven won't pick up," he said with a long sigh.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm supposed to call him to pick me up but he's not answering his phone. I don't know how am I going to get home," he spoke with a hint of panic.

"I can get you a cab," I restrain myself from laughing as he looked at me dead in the face.

"Michael, I'm kidding," I said as I walk towards my desk to get my bags and fish out my car keys. We waited for Steven to answer but he's still not picking up after calling him for five minutes.

"Okay put on your scarf and glasses. Ditch the hat, you look recognizable in those," I instruct him as we walk towards the elevator.

"Why? We're are we going?" he questioned.

"You're coming with me." I don't know if this will be a good or bad idea. What I know is that I can't leave him alone here and he has to be safe. However, I feel like I am the one who's not safe in this situation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 5.3K 86
โœ”๏ธCOMPLETEDโœ”๏ธ MJFA 2019 WINNER 2018 FINALIST #wattys2019 |#1 in MJFanfiction| |#1 in Moonwalker| |#1 in MichaelJackson| ^^ Highest Ranks^^ This isn't...
10.4K 470 24
Michael was not only a vampire but the King of Vampires. But his world was shattered when his family was killed and he was condemned in the depths of...
17.5K 456 53
It's 1988. Lauren Porter is a 24 year-old living in New York. She feels like the unluckiest person in the World because she missed the opportunity to...
92.2K 3.3K 69
Bad era. -1987 ๐Ÿ”ฅ We were Both students at the University I was an Model and he was an Average guy who also got bullied for being lonely all the tim...