Planning Forever After (Book...

By moudenes

Flowers, invitations, music... a Cinderella carriage or an elephant... Thomas Morgan can arrange every weddin... More

Chapter 1 - Thomas
Chapter 2 - Abigail
Chapter 3 - James
Chapter 4 - William
Chapter 5 - Didier
Chapter 6 - Carter
Chapter 7 - Assistant
Chapter 8 - Buddy
Chapter 9 - Proposal
Chapter 11 - Lunch
Chapter 12 - Radio
Chapter 13 - Fired
Chapter 14 - Problem
Chapter 15 - Bowling
Chapter 16 - Mail
Chapter 17 - Okay
Chapter 18 - Substitute
Chapter 19 - Lawsuit
Chapter 20 - Coffee
Chapter 21 - Officiant
Chapter 22 - Fifth Date
Chapter 23 - The Groom's Brother
Chapter 24 - Memories
Chapter 25 - Pizza
Chapter 26 - Arcade
Chapter 27 - High Tea
Chapter 28 - Mrs. Caldwell
Chapter 29 - Potluck
Chapter 30 - Performers
Chapter 31 - Secret
Chapter 32 - Breakfast
Chapter 33 - High Tea
Chapter 34 - Ideas
Chapter 35 - Fairgrounds
Chapter 36 - Circus Tent
Chapter 37 - Extra Guests
Chapter 38 - Odd Guests
Chapter 39 - Forever After

Chapter 10 - London

3.6K 229 24
By moudenes

WILLIAM

On a day like today, I'm glad I keep the store open until one in the afternoon. I came home at one in the morning, but didn't go to sleep immediately. Now I'm looking forward to a nap on my couch. I considered calling Abigail and asking her if she could feed me tonight, but I then remembered that she and Thomas are working at a small wedding this afternoon. I doubt she'll be in the mood to cook for anyone. Maybe I should call her anyway and check if she wants to grab a bite somewhere.

Last night's wedding happened with no major issues, but we all had our individual events. After making some rounds, I worked behind the bar to monitor intoxicated guests requiring help to get a taxi. Usually I get affectionate hugs as I tell them it's time to call it a night and that I will help them get home safe. Last night, I had to confiscate someone's keys, and it was a challenge. I spotted her as I was walking around because she was simply stunning. Her red dress wasn't short or provocative, but it fitted her figure like delicate wrapping paper. She had tied her hair at the nape and the curls ran down her back. Before the guy she was with noticed I stared for too long, I moved on, but she ended up at the bar several times in the next hours.

Later on, I had to walk outside with a man who could barely stand up straight and calm his wife, who felt terribly embarrassed at his state. When I returned to the venue, I lost track of her. I assumed she went home with the guy she had been with. Not long after, the last guest went home, and we started the breakdown and security check. I hesitated to enter the women's bathrooms, but did it anyway. I'm always afraid I'll find someone there and they'll hit me to death with their purse. After finding it empty, I scanned the cloakroom and gathered a few items left behind to hand to Thomas. As I made my way towards the hall, I heard a small sob. I retraced my steps and figured the noise was coming from a cleaning closet. It didn't even cross my mind to check inside, as it was a small space. Another sob came from behind the door and when I opened it I found the woman I've been tracking sitting on a mopping bucket turned upside down. She looked miserable and the makeup running down her face wasn't helping.

"Hey, are you okay? What is going on?" I whispered as I crouched in front of her.

"He broke up with me," she sobbed. "Who the hell breaks a relationship up on Valentine's Day? And at a wedding?"

"I'm really sorry. How about we get out of here and talk about it?"

She grabbed the silver heels and her small purse lying next to the bucket and tried to stand up. Her body swayed, and we got showered with a few toilet paper rolls. She laughed as she used my arm to steady herself and then started crying again.

"I can't even walk," she said.

"I'll help you."

I tried my best to keep her from falling and brought her to the catering area. Luckily, they had not cleared up the coffee and tea service yet. After finding her a place to sit, I made a cup of black coffee and handed it to her.

"This smells awful. Do you want me to throw up?" She scrunched her nose at the cup.

"Just take small sips. The warmth will comfort you... And hopefully sober you. What is your name?"

"London," she said and took a sip of the coffee. Deeming it okay, she drank some more.

"Pleasure to meet you. My name is William. Were you a guest of the bride or the groom?"

"Groom. That asshole is a brother of the groom. We were together for five months. Why did he wait until today to humiliate me?"

"Worst timing ever. Did he give you a reason for wanting to break up?"

"That we don't seem to want the same things and sees no point in staying together."

"Is there truth in that?"

London drinks more coffee and stares at the wall in front of us. "I want to get married and have kids someday, and he doesn't."

"His loss. I'm sure a beautiful woman like you won't stay single for long. One day, you'll meet a good guy and you'll forget what just happened," I grabbed a napkin and dabbed at her cheeks.

"You are too nice, William," she shook her head and drained the last of the coffee.

"I've been accused of that before," a chuckle escaped me. "Let me arrange a taxi for you."

"No, I can drive," she grabbed the piece of fabric from my hand and rubbed her face.

With her distracted, I grabbed her purse and took her keys. Before she could react, I shoved them down my pants. Her eyes widened at my bold move and she looked as if she couldn't decide to be shocked or pissed.

"Come on, let's get you safe to your home."

"I need my house key."

After she pointed at the key she needed, I tried to take it out of the stubborn key chain and she tackled me to the ground. Her body was flush with mine and she kissed me. A throat clearing noise nearby made her stop, and I found Thomas watching us with amusement in his face.

"We are finished checking the hall. The cleaning crew will take care of the rest tomorrow morning," he said as I stood up as fast as I could and helped London.

"The on that table is everything left in the cloakroom. I need to order one more taxi... For her..."

"A Taxi... Riiight..." said my stupid brother, who then left us alone.

I finally got the house key free of the key chain and gave it to London. I asked for her phone number and texted her the name and address of my store so that she can come and pick up the rest of her keys. No one has claimed them, so I assume she's sleeping the hangover or has her head down a toilet.

The store's door open and I walk out of my work station to service the customers. Instead, I find a well-known friend.

"Bree! What a great surprise! How you've been? I haven't seen you in a while," I come around the counter to give her a hug.

"Why everybody keeps saying they haven't seen me?" She laughs.

"You've been off the radar since you met your fiancé. Jimmy keeps me updated with your adventures. What are you doing here?"

"I went by Thomas' office on Thursday and he said I had to talk to you about stationery. I wasn't sure you would be here since you all were working at the Valentine's wedding yesterday."

"We survived, at least I did. Do you have anything in mind about your stationery?"

"I have no clue," she laughs. "I never thought I would marry."

"And then came George," I say and she nods. "What does he like?"

Bree's belly laughter is contagious. "I don't know either."

"You must seriously be the worst bride in the world," I chuckle.

"Probably. I've never been the kind of girl who imagines how their wedding could look like."

"All I know about George is what Jimmy has told us, but I've known you for a long time. You like fun, simple, no frills. Where are you celebrating your wedding?"

"We are having a small ceremony in a chapel and then the reception at a brewery. All I want is to say yes and have a good beer afterwards. Jimmy wanted to gift us some playtime, but what's the point when I can't dance? Plus, I want him to be my man of honor. All of you are the closest I have to siblings, and I want you all there."

"You can count on that. Have you told him?" I ask, and she shakes her head. "He'll be over the moon with the idea. What do you say to black print on brown kraft paper? I can add some hand illustrations on the cards."

"I love it! I haven't seen it and I do not know what brown kraft paper is but I do!"

"I'll check what Thomas has planned and take it from there. He will have something to show you in a few days," I say as someone enters the store.

"Thank you, Will. I have no clue what I'm doing and having people suggesting stuff helps me to enjoy all the planning. I'm having lunch with my hottie at Cesar and Annette's, so I got to go."

"You are really in love, aren't you?" Her face brightens at my words.

"I am. From time to time I have healthy doubts on the timing of this marriage thing, but he makes me so happy."

"You make me happy as well."

The man who had just entered the store and was inspecting the rack of cards turns around. Bree's belly laugh returns as she places her arms around his neck.

"I'm George," he offers me a hand that I shake.

"A pleasure to meet you. Bree is a sister to me, so I'm glad she's found her one."

"Oh, I know all about the Morgans," he laughs. "I'm sorry I couldn't be here earlier as I was showing a house."

"No worries, Bree's given me freedom to create something special. I promised Thomas will have something to show her soon."

"Looking forward to it. Are you ready? I'm starving and could use a beer," he caresses Bree's face tenderly.

"The man after my heart. See you soon Will!"

After saying our goodbyes, I decide to close the store a bit earlier to grab something at Cesar and Annette's and head home for a well-deserved nap. Little by little I shut down for the day by turning off my computer and the payment system. I see that the black pen area needs a refill, but that can wait until Monday.

"Wait! Please don't close yet," a voice that sounds out of breath says behind me.

A young woman runs towards me wearing an open jacket, dark blue nurse scrubs showing, and a length of her scarf flies in the wind.

"Take it easy. I can wait. How can I help you?" I hold the door open as she approaches.

"William... It's me... London."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 274 21
"I'm supposed to be planning your wedding, Harry." She protested, avoiding my eyes. I smirked down at her. "Baby, the only thing you need to do for...
117K 9.7K 40
(Complete) The story of the third Hayes brother. Stuck in a loveless marriage, Trey Hayes bears the guilt of sending his brothers away. Secrets abo...
2.4M 61K 42
"Please, don't do this to me" Rosilla Clifford, is forced to get married at the age of 17. It wasn't fair that she marries her sister's fiancé. Rosi...
348K 3.6K 43
Preferences and Imagines of Jason Ezra Toby Caleb Mike Noel