Hard to Hate You // Michael L...

By addictedtotoxicmen

Valentina Callistra gets more than she bargained for when she clashes with Michael Langdon, the only person w... More

Part I - The Bombs
Part II - Outpost 3
Part III - Interview
Part IV - Rubber Man
Part V - Alliance
Part VI - Jealousy
Part VIII - Seven Wonders
Part IX - Headaches
Part X - Library
Part XI - Coco & Gallant
Part XII - Flashback
Part XIII - Execution
Part XIV - Deals
Part XV - Competition
Part XVI - Interrogation Room
Part XVII - Poor Decisions
Part XVIII - Regrets
Part XIX - Amends
Part XX - Halloween Ball
Part XXI - Confrontation
Part XXII - Aftermath
Part XXIII - Trust Issues
Part XXIV - Final Betrayal
Part XXV - The Beginning
Epilogue

Part VII - Voodoo Queen

1.6K 34 15
By addictedtotoxicmen

"I'm so tired of being single!" Coco complains as I take my seat next to her.  "And then when Langdon shows up I think that I finally have a chance to find my man, but then he turns out to not be interested at all."

I smirk. The only thing he's interested in is killing everyone here. Admittedly, I would prefer if Coco didn't die. She's been the only person here entertaining me this whole time. Maybe I'll ask Michael about it later. "Don't worry, he wouldn't know what to do if he got it," I reassure her.

"I'm pretty sure he would," Gallant speaks up.

"Oh please, we all know that you've been desperate for him since he first showed up," I roll my eyes.

"You even volunteered to go first for the interviews just so you could try to get him to fall for you first," Coco chimes in. "That's pretty desperate, even for you."

"You would've done the same!" he yells. "We all know that you would fuck him if he gave you the chance."

She rolls her eyes. "Says you, who may or may not have had sex with Langdon in a black suit."

"I did not!" he yells, slamming his hands on the table as he stands.

"Oh shit, maybe you should go talk to your Nana to calm down. Oh, wait, you killed her!"

"You bitch!" he yells, storming off. 

 I watch the scene in amusement. I didn't even need to control their minds; they did that all themselves.

"Shit," Coco mutters, turning to me. "I still need him to do my hair for the Halloween ball."

"Maybe you'll want to work out your little feud then," I shrug as I pick at my cube.

She rolls her eyes and stands up from the table. "See you later. You're all so dry... maybe I'll excuse Valentina and Gallant from that statement, but the rest of you need to step the fuck up." With that, she struts off to her bedroom.

I look at everyone else sitting at the table and read their minds. Timothy and Emily are too busy with their "secret" romance that everybody knows about, Andre doesn't talk because he's miserable, and I can't read Dinah's mind because she's the Voodoo Queen. 

Timothy and Emily slip out of the dining room together.  I roll my eyes and walk over to the sitting room, then I control Andre's mind to make him excuse himself for a shower. I motion for Dinah to join me.

She sits down but clearly becomes uncomfortable under my gaze. "How are you doing, Miss Voodoo Queen?" I whisper. I already put a soundproofing spell on the room, but I don't want her to know that.

She narrows her eyes. "How do you know that?" she hisses.

I shrug. "I have my intel. However, I'm not here for a fight."

"What do you want then?" she asks, looking slightly less skeptical.

"Your allegiance."

"Why?"

"We both have a common interest: getting out of this alive.  We also don't trust Langdon."

"Are you stupid?" she questions.  "Going against Langdon is a suicide mission.  Do you even know what he is?"

I roll my eyes as I lean back.  "Of course I know what he is.  I'm as powerful as him."

She raises a brow.  "How?  You aren't a witch; I would've known if you are."

"His father chose me to be his ally for whatever reason.  We hate each other's guts."

"Why the hell would Satan choose you if you and Langdon hate each other?"

I shrug.  "Neither of us know the answer.  All that I know is that I've been given powers as powerful as his; however, he doesn't know this."

"Can't he read your mind?" she questions.

"No," I scoff.  "Just like how he can't read yours."

"What is your plan?  I know that you wouldn't come to me if you didn't have one."

I smirk.  "Venable is planning something on the night of the Halloween ball.  I haven't been able to read her mind for long enough to find out what exactly it is, but I know that she's planning on killing everyone.  This gives us the perfect opportunity since Langdon will be distracted."

"How the hell will he be distracted?  Taking care of Venable won't exactly be a hard task for him, given how she is simply human."

I roll my eyes.  "Venable's not going to be the one distracting him; the witches are."

"Wait, what?  They can't be.  You must be insane," she scoffs.

I smirk.  "Am I? The witches have put themselves in a hibernation in order to survive the bombs. They're still in that hibernation, but they will awaken during the ball."

"Why is that?"

I lower my voice. "Mallory is a witch under an identity spell. She will die at the ball, and that will awaken the witches."

"I can't have those witches up in my business," Dinah shakes her head. "I betrayed them before the apocalypse happened, and I think they know."

"That's why we're going to get the hell out, but first we need to make sure that Mallory's soul has been entirely destroyed."

"Why?"

"My lifeline depends on Langdon," I sigh.  "He dies, I die.  We're going to make sure that Mallory is dead and long gone, then we'll leave Langdon to face down the rest of the witches.  They can't kill him, but they'll give him a battle.  By the time that's over, we'll be long gone."

"Where will we go?" she asks.

"One of the other outposts," I shrug.

"Weren't they all overrun?" 

I roll my eyes.  "Surprise: Langdon lied.  They weren't; he only killed all the occupants.  We'll have a bit of a cleanup to do at whichever one we land at, but besides that, we'll be safe and Antichrist-free."

She sighs.  "And you really think this will work?"

I scoff.  "I know that it will."

......

"Why the hell were you talking to Dinah Stevens?" Michael asks as he catches me in the library.

I roll my eyes as I continue reading the book in my hands.  "Is that any of your business?"

"Considering that we are allies, it sure as hell is," he responds as he walks over and snatches the book.

I glare at him as I try to reach for it, but he holds it out of my reach.  "What the hell do you want?" I demand as I stand up and grab the book from his hand roughly.

"What were you talking to Dinah about?" he asks, his voice taking on a threatening tone.

"Oh, no big deal, we were just talking about how we - a brand new Voodoo Queen and simple human - could work together to murder the Antichrist in his sleep," I retort sarcastically as I walk past him.

He grabs my arm and I retaliate by roughly grabbing his wrist and forcing him off of me.  "Stop grabbing me like that," I threaten, still holding his wrist, making sure to dig my nails into it.

"Like what?" he questions.

"Like you own me," I state as I release his wrist.

He looks at me, an amused look on his face.  "Oh, but I basically own you," he smirks.

"I'm sorry, are you brain dead?" I scoff.  "Last time I checked, being somebody's ally didn't mean that you owned them."

"In this case, it basically does," he states.  "If I wanted to end your life, I could simply do it in a snap of my fingers."

"You could do that to any single person here," I retort.  "Yet you aren't saying that you own any of them."

"You see, we have a connection.  I can track you, resurrect you, or end your life from any location at any time."

I narrow my eyes as I stare at him.  After a few seconds, I scoff.  "I'm calling bullshit.  That's not possible."

He chuckles.  "Want to test me?  Go ahead and carry out whatever whacked-out plan you and Dinah were making, then you'll find out that I'm not lying - although you'll be too late at that point."

I glare at him.  "You're a pathetic asshole and a horrible ally.  Being left to fend for myself in the nuclear radiation would be better than being doomed to work with you for the rest of my life," I spit.

His amused smirk falls from his face as a malicious glint appears in his eyes.  He steps forward menacingly and grabs my neck, only squeezing hard enough to intimidate me.  "You seem to think that we are on equal footing here," he states as his grip tightens.  "Let me be as clear as I can be; this is your last warning.  I will not hesitate to end you if you disrespect me one more time."

I feel my anger building up within me at his words.  This asshole really thinks that he has something over me.  I need to humble him, so I do the one thing that shows the utmost disrespect for a person: I spit in his face.

His face contorts into shock, and I get a feeling in my gut that tells me that I just made a horrible mistake, although I couldn't care less; the look on his face is priceless, making this completely worth it.

His grip on my neck tightens to the point where I can't breathe while his eyes darken.  Well shit, maybe this isn't worth getting killed for.  

My stomach drops as his face turns completely white and his eyes become entirely black.  Chills are sent down my spine as his face contorts into the most terrifying sight I have ever seen.

I am looking in the face of evil, and it is sure as hell looking back at me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 6.2K 38
"darkness rises, and light to meet it" [michael langdon x oc] [season 8]
61.8K 1.1K 15
i know everybody let's you down ill do the same