Snakebite | Avengers: Endgame...

By SketchpadArtist21

"I retired from that life. I don't even have my suit anymore, the feds took it when I went under house arrest... More

Epigraph
Dedication
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 30

160 7 4
By SketchpadArtist21

I stumbled, leaning against some of the broken facility. Ginny ran over, kneeling in front of me. "I'm sorry," I whispered. "No. No. Don't be," she said as Misha, the girl I had been helping for two years grow, ran over. "Miss Barton? Hey, Miss Barton? Can you hear me?" I nodded slightly.

 "It's Misha. We won. We won, Miss Barton. We won, Miss Barton. We won, you did it, ma'am, you did it. I'm sorry. Ellie," I reached out, grabbing her hand. "It's alright, Misha. Everything is going to be okay," I told her softly. Tears were streaming down her face, Ginny gently pulling her away as Clint kneeled in front of me. "Hey, dad," I whispered. "I'm sorry,"

"No, no, no. Y-You're gonna be alright," he said, and I smiled slightly. "It's okay. It's okay," I assured him. Pain engulfed my entire body. But I couldn't break. Not in front of him.

There were so many things I wanted to say, but I didn't have the time. I wanted to tell him that I wasn't scared of what was to come. I wanted to ask him to take care of Nat, to make sure she remembers her mama. I wanted to thank him for letting me be a part of his family. But I couldn't.

All of a sudden, fear struck my heart. It was only right. Fear of death is such a human...flaw. Human nature. And yet, this was the only time I was scared--when it was too late.

Of course. Fate worked in strange ways. People aren't always the same. But there's one thing that will never change. Fate--fate is inevitable.

I wanted to pour my heart out to him. But there wasn't time. I wanted to assure him I was fine, I was just going to sleep for a long time. But I didn't have the strength. So I left him with one, simple message.

"I'll tell her we won,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 132 32
"Thanks for that astounding observation, Sherlock," - After S.H.I.E.L.D.'s collapse, Ellie moves in permanently as a resident of Avengers Tower. Beco...
1.4K 44 20
(SPOILER WARNING- SPOILERS FOR ALL OF THE MARVEL MOVIES LEADING UP TO CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR. SPOILERS FOR ALL BOOKS BEFORE THIS ONE IN THE TRIO...
385K 14.1K 40
Cassidy Martin didn't ask for any of this, and she doesn't want it. Her powers came to her by an accident, a fluke, and now they're threatening to r...
6.9K 327 32
Having been taken into the Avengers only a year ago and surviving her kidnapped by HYDRA, Emily had finally felt like she had a place to belong and s...