Back in time

By DreamersMindd

After sharing a special moment, he left her for an opportunity that he could not refuse. Fate reunites them... More

The beginning-Chapter 1
Meeting Darius-Chapter 2
Surprise beautiful-Chapter 3
Reunited-Chapter 4
FlashBack-Chapter 5
Happy Birthday -Chapter 6
Can we talk-Chapter 7
Get you back-Chapter 8
What just happened??-Chapter 9
The Recovery-Chapter 10
Back to normal ?-Chapter 11
When life gives you lemons - Chapter 12
The Truth- Chapter 13
1k Reads 😫😫
"Party over here, Party over there" - Chapter 14
Confessions - chapter 15
Feelings - Chapter 17
Answers - Chapter 18
Repercussions- Chapter 19
Code Red -Chapter 20
Grand Opening- Chapter 21
Grand Opening part 2- Chapter 22
The end of us - Chapter 23
Emotional- Chapter 24
When we made sense - chapter 25
What now - Chapter 26
A long night ahead chapter 27
A long night ahead pt 2 Chapter 28

Together - Chapter 16

351 11 3
By DreamersMindd

Kendra

So my whole conversation with Hakeem really got me thinking about Darius.

I'll be honest it got me in feeeels. I wanna go get my man ya'll.

I love him. I really do.

I spot him standing with his guys apart from Hakeem obviously who is still with Shan.  I really hope they get together.

Forget East, I've never really liked his character.

Yes, he's a good looking man I won't lie but something about his attitude just stinks. I never said anything to Shan because it seemed like she was really feeling his ass.

Anyways let me go over and get what rightfully belongs to me.

I walk over to the mothers meeting that was happening over by the drinks table.

I wrap my arms around his torso from behind his 6ft 1 frame and hold on tight whilst inhaling the scent of his cologne I was all too familiar with.

"Hey baby, where you been? I've been looking everywhere for you. Had me thinking you were hiding from me."

He says as he brings me round and faces me directly.

I look up at him and reply "Nah I couldn't hide from you if I tried"

Then in all my excitement I realise that I haven't even said happy birthday to Shaq. I unleash myself from Darius' hold and say "Happy birthday bro, but dirty 30. You getting old"

He gives me a fist bump and says " thank you sis and aht aht I'm not tryna hear none of that. I'm still on my baby boy shit"

"I can see that" I say jokingly in disgust

"What Drea?"

"Nothing Shaquile Jeremiah "

Then here go Micheal goofy ass "Yeah nigga you in trouble, she just used your government"

Then all the boys started laughing.

"First of all ya'll goofy"

"And that's why you love us" Micheal interjects with a cheesy grin.

I couldn't even disagree. In the small amount of time I've known these knuckleheads, these guys had really become another family unit I had and for more reasons than one. I just always felt protected.

I smirk and continue "rightttt and because I love you all, I want you guys to experince love with a good wholesome girl, who's not after your money but just wants to hold you down."

I was met with uncertain stares as if they were already ready to rebuttal what I had said.

"AND I'm not tryna hear 'all girls are for the streets' cause they not. Ya'll just stay looking in the streets"

Micheal spoke up "ayee not true what about Keisha?"

"What about Keisha? She had 5 kids and 3 baby daddies. Why you thought that was going to end well I will never know"

"Ayee she had a fatty thoo" Shaq said and all the boys started to roar in laughter.

I turn around and see Maurice laughing so I straight face him. "What so funny Darius ?"

"Erm nothing baby, I was just thinking about the time that you know, that funny thing happened. You had to be there" he says laughing nervously whilst hugging me from behind.

Stupid ass Simpsons looking nigga.

After the laughter dies down, Shaq says "look sis, facts is we can't all be lucky in love like you two. Like it's MY birthday and it looks like my man Darius is the one who getting a present tonight"

I smirk and say "Who said we were waiting till tonight?"

Then all the boys fill the atmosphere with ooos and high fives as I begin to pull Darius away to a more secluded area.

We get to one of the bedrooms upstairs and I push him onto the bed. Then I sit on top of him and he begins to kiss me.

I begin to get lost in why we actually came up here because of the softness of his lip.

Kendra La'Lani if you don't act like you have some sense.

"Wait wait wait Maurice" I say as I begin to catch my breathe.

"What's wrong baby? Did I do something?"

"No, no nothing like that. The reason I wanted to come up here was because I wanted to talk to you"

"Okay, but erm could you sit next to me babe?"

He says gesturing to his downstairs area. I giggle "oops my bad"

"Let me just go to the bathroom real quick"

"Okay babe"

With the few minutes I had to myself I tried to plan the conversation I was about to have over and over and over again but still wasn't sure how this was going to end up.

"Okay ready. Talk to me babe"

"Okay well...I I've been thinking about us a lot and all my fears and our history. I feel like I've been up in my head a lot because I really want us to work but I feel like we have obstacles in our way.

"Like what Drea?" He says as he gets up.

"Like your hoes Darius"

He rolls his eyes and sighs in annoyance.

"You can sigh all you want but you know I'm right. How do I know if we take this step together I can trust you to be faithful to me ?That I can trust you to commit to me ?"

He grabs my hands "....because you know Maurice. All these years I've been acting out because I didn't have you. I don't love these hoes. They were just something to cause there was nothing to do. You know I'd never hurt you. But babygirl you've gotta trust me. You've got to want to trust me. Stop punishing me for everything that's happened in the past. We've got to start with a fresh slate."

He lifts my head up so now we were deeply connected. "You do trust me don't you Babygirl?"

"I do baby, I do. But one thing I ask of you."

"Anything"

"I need you to be honest with me about the other part of your life"

"Kendra, the things I keep from you are to keep you safe and out of harms way. If I was to expose you to that life and something were to happen to you I'd never forgive myself"

"Darius, I just don't want to be kept in the dark. If I'm going to ride with you 100% shouldn't I know 100% what I'm getting myself into. If you're worried it's going to change the way I view you i promise you it won't. Look baby, I just want to be there for you the best way I can in every way"

"And Drea you do that. The way you smile, the way you laugh, the way you are always ready to fight me because I'm right"

"You're never right," I say playfully roll my eyes.

"The way you love me unconditionally. We got this Drea, you've just gotta trust me."

"I know baby I know"

Then I wrap my arms around his neck as his arms wrap around my waist. I felt safe and covered. Like nothing could hurt me.

"But there is something I ask of you"

"I already told you Maurice I'm not doing that, it looks mad painful from the back...actually get me wet enough and we can look into it "

"Not that freaky ass"

He says laughing.

"Okay so what then?" I say genuinely confused.

"When I see ya boy Jayden. I'm killing him with my bare hands" he says whilst pecking my lips then going to the bathroom.

I stood there in shock for about 30 seconds taking in what he just said.

"What ? Wait ? Why?"

"Why ? Because I'm not stupid and I don't appreciate his actions towards you"

"But I-"

"Aht aht, I'm not tryna hear nothing. He put his hands on you, I put my bullet through him. Sounds fair to me to be honest." He says with glee in his eyes.

I've learnt that when Maurice has a certain look in his eyes, it's best to let the moment pass and talk to him when he will actually listen. I'll let him have his moments of madness and talk him out of his later.

I know he's mad, hell I mean I'm mad too but Jay is the scum of the earth and doesn't deserve any attention from either of us.

He came out of the bathroom and picked me up whilst I wrapped my legs around his torso.

He began to speak "So when can I take you on a date Miss Evans?"

I gasp dramatically  "Are you trying to make me your girlfriend Mr. Carter?"

"Nahh I already did that. I'm tryna make you my wife."

And with that he kissed me.

Favourite characters so far ?
Favourite part of the story so far ?
How do feel about Hakeem and Shan's new found love ?
Next update coming soon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

557K 31.7K 47
⚠SEQUEL TO THE ASSISTANT!!! PLEASE READ THE FIRST BOOK OR YOU'RE GOING TO BE CONFUSED⚠ It's been three months since the disastrous outcome at Chris's...
99K 2.7K 42
My best friend or my old sneak link? School or money? Peace or revenge? Love or Hate?
14.7K 563 32
Sequel to Bestfriend‼️ Read and enjoy!
US By Alex

Fanfiction

13.2K 363 48
~ The Love Story