Brothers Love That I Used To...

By Reyrie_A

" They are your brothers..." Her eyes lands on their familiar faces. Tears slip from her eyes as memories slo... More

Characters
Chapter 1 : The call
Chapter 2: I promise
Chapter 3: Little Sweet Revenge
Chapter 4: What's wrong?
Chapter 5 : Luke
Chapter 6: Our little Princess
Chapter 7 : Fine
Chapter 8: As we used to be
Chapter 10: Fever takes over
Chapter 11: Willingness
Chapter 12: He's back
Chapter 13: The finger snap
Chapter 14: See you again
Chapter 15: Nemo and Dory?
Chapter 16: Signature
Chapter 17: Only for me and him
Chapter 18: Pure white
Chapter 19: Detective
Chapter 20: The truth
Chapter 21: What we do.
Chapter 22: He is ready
Character Update✨
Hello Wonderful people✨
Chapter 23: Whatever it takes
Chapter 24 : Is it for the best?
Chapter 25: Is it selfish?
Chapter 26: Playhouse
Chapter 27: Poor Ice cream
Chapter 28: He
Chapter 29: One day.
Chapter 30: His story
Chapter 31: Grounded days
Chapter 32: What's coming...
Chapter 33 : Secret passage
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 9: Home alone

1.4K 43 1
By Reyrie_A

Riley P.O.V

I'm a morning person and I don't like sleeping, I feel like sleeping wasted so much time where I could do a lot of things that I need to do and I want to do.

But today... I just want to stay in bed all day. My head hurts.

*Knock* *knock*

"Riley, you're gonna be late for school."

I sigh and get up. " I'm awake! I'll be downstairs in a few minutes." I hope it's just a small headache. I don't what to make them worry.

"Achoo!"

I'll be fine right?

After showering

I feel so cold even after taking a warm shower. I need to wear something thick and comfy.

I'll wear this with black jeans. "Achoo!" Okay, breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out.

It's alright, a small cold will not ruin my day!

-------------------------------------

Micheal P.O.V

"Riley don't forget to take your lunch box!" Today is already hectic. I have a lot of things to do waiting for me at work and I have a client to meet in Canada so I won't be home for 3 days too but I only go to Canada for a day, I'll be back here to meet another client, so if anything happens I'll be near to our house. Luke didn't come home last night, I called him and he had a pile of work to do, I could barely talk to him for 3 minutes. Jack will be busy practicing because the Hockey Tournament is next week. So, he'll be staying at his friend's house.

Nathan is going on a school trip for 3 days at Venice in Italy and Blake is staying at his college dorm until he finishes his assignments. I know he just broke up with Amelia, it's just been harder for him now.

"C'mon Riley let's get you to school." She nods and gets in the car. I grab the car key and quickly lock the front door.

I hope today won't get any more hectic.

----------------------------------------------------

Riley's P.O.V

I don't feel good. It's so cold and my headache doesn't get any better. I just need to get through until school's end. I'll be alone at home for 3 days. It's not that I'm not used to being home alone but I have never been home alone sick. I hope I'll get better when before they came home. They'll be very tired when they come home and I don't want to burden them by needing to taking care of me.

I really can't concentrate on what the teacher is saying. I just try to support my head with my hands and look in front.  For the first time, I think my teacher is talking gibberish. I feel taps on my shoulders so I turn to Frosty. " Are you okay?" His eyebrows furrowed trying t figure what's wrong with me. If he knows he'll call one of my brothers. I can't tell him this time. I have to lie to him.

 I yawn and rub my eyes. " I'm just sleepy, I finished the whole season of Strangers Things last night." He chuckles and shakes his head. " I'm not surprised."

Thank god he buys it cause when I start to watch, I won't stop until I finish it till the very end.

Just one more class then I'm out of this school. " I'll see you after school." I nod and pack my books. Frosty's mom helping to send me home today. I hope I don't sneeze in her car.

---------------------------------------------

After school

I need to use all of the energy I had left to talk with Frosty while waiting for his mom. I can't let him any suspicions. "Achoo." Oh, shoot.

He frowns and looks at my face. "Are you sure you're okay?" He held his hand out to reach for my forehead but  I block his hand. "What are you doing?" C'mon brain thinks of the best excuses. " Random karate attack! Hya hya hya!" Woah he really dodges all of them.

" You're good Frosty." I smiled at him and pat his back. " I have a lot of free time you know." I scoff at him and look away. He is a smart boy. He always finishes his homework in no time. " Yeah yeah don't need to brag about it. I heard it a thousand times already. Hey! that's your mom's car. "

I took his hand and run towards it. C'mon hold on just a little bit longer.

----------------------------------------

"Bye Riley!" I waved back at him and close the door. I just need to make it to that couch.

" Woah I made it." I try to catch my breath and snuggle more into the couch. It's so cold... I need to take a shower... But I can't get up.... *Grunt* I give up. Maybe....after a few minutes of sleep....then...then I take a shower......

4 hours later

Luke P.O.V

I've been trying to call Riley 16 times and she hasn't picked up any of them. I'm starting to get worried. What is she doing? She never misses outcall when she's home alone. I need to call Micheal. He didn't pick up. He must be busy right now in Canada. I sigh and tried to call everyone but none of them pick up. I need to check on her.

*Knock knock*

"Come in."

Payton my P. A comes in with a stack of sheets. I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose. " Put it over there I'll get right into it. Can you try to call Riley? Let me know if she picks up."

He nods and leaves the room.

This is going to be a long night. Good thing I get at least 3 hours of sleep last night.

---------------------------------------

At home

Riley's P.O.V

* Grunt* I didn't feel any better. What time is it?

7 P.M.

Ugh, I should need to get up now I feel stinky-sick. Why does my room have to be upstairs? I can't get up there. I could barely walk. But Nathan room's is downstairs. That could do. I hope he doesn't mind I'm borrowing his hoodie.

I stood up leaning on the wall to support myself to walk to his room. Oh, I hate being sick. Okay, I can make it. I'll be fine. Let's just take it slow.

Nathan's room⬆️

Let's what he has. He has a lot of black shirts. I could only see black and grey colors in his closet. What a typical teenager.

Ah, this could do.

Now I just need to eat dinner. But I don't have any appetite. Just thinking of eating food makes me feel like vomiting... And Nathan's bed looks so comfy...

I slowly lay down on his bed and snuggle more into it. I miss my brothers... I hope my fever goes down tomorrow...

I'll be fine... Right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Child of a King By Anne Mason

Mystery / Thriller

75.7K 2.4K 42
After a heartbreaking event, a family is forced to split up because of their ancestors' rivalry. The father hides in South America with their sons an...
732K 18.8K 88
"𝔼𝕍𝔼ℝ𝕐 𝔽𝔸𝕄𝕀𝕃𝕐 β„π”Έπ•Š π•Šπ”Όβ„‚β„π”Όπ•‹π•Š" - - - "My name is Hazel, but most people call me Ze. I'm from Melbourne, and love Taylor Swift." I cring...
195K 5.7K 32
I felt the tears rise and I looked down for a minute, gathering all of my resolve. I looked up again and stared him right in the eye. "You know what...
153K 3.5K 17
lucent (adj); softly bright or radiant ✿ ✿ ✿ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for some minutes. I have no idea how a cut can b...