REBIRTH OF THE VILLAINESS ¦ C...

By aesmethyst

HIGHEST RANK #8 IN PARANORMAL (CATEGORY) "You cannot deceive the deceiver." Ashanti could not figure out... More

Rebirth of the Villainess
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L

XXIII

1K 55 4
By aesmethyst

Resolution

Nang gabi ring iyon ay dali-daling nag-ayos si Ashanti upang pumunta sa mansyon ng Vercetti. Even Calista, who was doing works that moment stopped and looked at her sister outside by the window in her room.

A curve on her lips formed as she watched the car left the residence. That was followed by a giggle until it became a maniacal laugh. She was grateful for what was happening. She had no idea why it happened but she may have advantages in the situation.

Since Giovanni and Ashanti only tied because of Mr. Kavan, presently that he was gone, for sure Giovanni would cut the relationship with her sister. It was her time to shine and get the diamond. It was also an advantage for Ashanti since she preferred Calista's current fiancé -- Kalen. Hindi na ito mahihirapan pa.

Nabalitaan din niyang may problema kay Giovanni at Ashanti noong mga nakaraang araw, ayon sa mga tauhan ni Victoria.

Hindi niya maiwasang maisip na nagtatagumpay na ang kaniyang plano. She could not stop herself from grinning since all her hardships were going to the top smoothly. She stepped to her study table and picked up the envelope

That one million I spent on pieces of information didn't go to waste. The only thing I need to do right now is to play the situation flawlessly.

She sat and put her palm on her cheeks, still grinning. Ashanti should be prepared to have a roller-coaster life after the night.

Ashanti, on the other hand, sighing deeply as she strived to calm herself. Trishza was right, it was confirmed that Mr. Kavan was dead, and the burial was already being arranged. People were talking about it nonstop on social media.

She hardly closed her eyes. May kalabuan pa sila ngayon ni Giovanni pero hindi naman iyon puwedeng rason upang hindi niya damayan ang lalaki. It was his father who he lost. Sa pagkakaalam niya, wala na rin ang nanay nito kung kaya't alam niyang napakahirap ng ganitong sitwasyon para kay Giovanni.

As the car approached the Vercetti residence, she became even more nervous. She took her phone and dialed Giovanni's number. Her mood went lighter when he answered the call.

Unfortunately, it was Noah's voice who greeted her.

[Greetings, Miss Ashanti.]

She blinked. Were Vercetti's staff really that professional? They were calm in such situations.

She gulped before replying. "I want to inform Giovanni that I'll be in Vercetti's mansion in less than 15 minutes."

[Good timing, Miss Ashanti. I prefer your driver to take the other passage since the main road to the mansion is blocked by reporters and the security team.]

She raised her brow, giving a thought to what he said. "Alright, thank you."

[The butler will be at the entrance to guide you, Miss Ashanti. I'll end the conversation now.]

She let out a sigh after putting the phone down. Kahit ang mga kaibigan niya ay nagtatanong sa kaniya ngunit hindi pa niya masagot. Until she talked with Giovanni, she did not know what to say to them.

Just as expected, the butler, whom she remembered on the first day she got in the mansion, was standing outside with maids on his side. She quickly went out and cover her face just in case a reporter was wondering about the area at the moment. The butler accompanied her to the entrance.

Kapapasok pa lamang niya ngunit dama na ang kakaibang hangin sa buong mansyon. Tahimik ang lahat at napakalamig ng paligid. Kahit siya ay nahiyang huminga sa kakaibang presensyang nakukuha niya.

They stopped at the iron-framed door. This was the first time she saw that door. Was it Giovanni's room? It was different from the other doors in the mansion.

They went inside, there was one more door. When the butler opened it, her eyes caught Noah looking at the window, and Giovanni sitting on a big swivel chair with wines on the table.

She slowly entered the room. It was office-like to her sight. Maybe this was Mr. Kavan's office? But why were they here?

"Giovanni.."

He then looked up at her, with languid eyes. "Leave us first, Noah."

"Yes, Young Master."

Nang maiwan sila ay tinuro nito ang bakanteng upuan. She obediently walked towards it and sat. Hindi niya pwedeng painitin pa lalo ang ulo nito ngayong ang dami na nitong problema.

She looked at him in a worrisome way. Bakas dito ang kawalang gana sa buhay. This was also the first time she saw him drinking as if he was a hopeless person.

"I wish I had the right words, just know I care."

A moment of silence passed. Her eyes were still on him. Giovanni then put down the glass.

"It's fine."

Her forehead automatically creased, confused about what he said. Mukha namang nakuha nito iyon kung kaya't tinuloy niya ang sinasabi.

"It's the best that way."

But it only made her more disturbed. Best that way? What did he indicate by that? He then put a curve on one of the edges of his lips before drinking again.

"Aren't you supposed to be mourning? You seem to be happier-"

"Why would I be upset about something I purposely did?"

Tila ba isang sampal ang kaniyang narinig. None of them talked, only the sound of pouring wine on the glass was aiming to break the silence.

"You... What?"

"Do I need to repeat myself to you, woman?"

Just what happened. Hindi niya alam kung ano ang dapat gawin, o kahit ang dapat maramdaman. The surroundings came colder than before. This was the same sensation when they first met, and the time he pointed her the gun. Did he just say he was the one who plotted why his father died?

"You should be happy, Rossault. This is the end of your nightmare you have wanted to cut since the beginning. You can have a glass of wine if you want."

"So you're saying that you killed your father just to end this engagement?" She burst out and stood up. Bakit pinapamukha nitong dapat na magpasalamat pa siyang pinatay nito ang ama?

He gazed at her again, with the same eyes he used to give to her before. "That's the plan. Now go."

Hindi napigilan ni Ashanti na mapaupo muli. Her body could not stand as the words from the man could not enter her body, as well as what he did. She looked at him with pain in her eyes.

This man was a murderer.

"Why?" She asked. "Why does this have to happen, just why?"

"Because that's the plan even before the engagement."

"What?"

So they planned this even before they met? Mas malaki ang pagkaayaw ni Giovanni sa engagement nila kung kaya't pinlano na nito bago pa magsimula?

"That man is not my father."

Her eyes expanded, as well as how big her lips parted. Another information that made her completely blank while staring at him, confused. She was getting overloaded with information that she could not process in a short time.

Giovanni poured another wine into his glass. "He's the clone my father hired when I'm still young. Just in case something will happen to him, he can send that clone to be his shield, since Vercetti has numerous enemies around the world.

"Unfortunately, it was him who got killed, not that clone. I saw it in both eyes. I was hiding when that moment happened. That fucking clone switched his place with my father. I saw how he laughed while my father was covered with blood. My father knew I was there and looked at me with hope at his very last breath. If you're in my position, obviously you'll also do that. "

"But killing is not an option-"

"If that bastard found out my plan, who do you think people would believe? The man who's known as the most powerful person, or a boy who doesn't even have the identity as a child of Vercetti?"

His question made her tongue-tied. The people would believe Mr. Kavan since he got connections all over the world, while Giovanni, who was hidden from the media for the enemies won't attack him.

She bit her lips. She never encountered this situation in her past life. All was going smoothly as she heard before. This situation was like hers and Calista. She was in the place of Mr. Kavan, in which she had the voice and identity to take people to her side, while Calista was the illegitimate daughter that people hated. In the end, Calista killed her.

"You should be grateful, your worries will now fade. This engagement will be cut as soon as possible."

She automatically looked back at him and saw his eyes also at her. She could see how lifeless his eyes were at the moment and throwing her cold glares as if they did not have memories with each other.

She would not deny that she hated that look, and it gave pain to her chest.

"You're free. Now go, chase that man you love. This is the end of the relationship we didn't even want in the first place."

"Young Miss, nandito na po tayo."

Ashanti blinked many times as she looked at the driver, confused. Nakatingin din sa kaniya ang lalaki na para bang naguguluhan sa kinikilos niya.

"Nasa mansyon na po tayo," paguulit nito.

She nodded and the driver went outside to open the door for her. She quietly pulled herself to the entrance of the mansion.

The housemates were surprised by the strange behavior of their Young Miss. After greeting, they looked at each other and start gossiping.

Ashanti's eyes laid on Calista who was sitting comfortably on the sofa in the living room. Napatigil naman ito sa ginagawa at tinignan din siya. Calista struggled not to laugh as she stared at her pale face.

Looked like her guess came true. Giovanni would not continue the pragmatic marriage. Who would want to marry a rich but spoiled and scandalous woman like Ashanti? Definitely not the heir of Vercetti.

Ashanti never bothered to roll her eyes and only went straight to her room. It made Calista happier as she viewed it as the 'pissed' mode of her sister.

Ashanti walked past Maeann who was ready to greet her. She locked the door and walked directly to her closet to change her clothes. She had no appetite for dinner and to talk with her parents about what happened. She needed a rest because of the mixed emotions she got on this night.

The next day, Ashanti went to Franklin. Kalat na sa buong unibersidad ang balita. Kahit sa mga diyaryo at internet ay ang pagkamatay ni Kavan Vercetti ang laman. Some even said it was connected to the news about the dead vampire in Statira. All of it made Ashanti's day worse than ever.

Give me a break, even for a second.

"Asha," Kennedy greeted her worriedly. She sighed as she put her belongings on the desk and sat down. Kennedy got what she was signaling by her actions so she only sat down quietly.

The gossips faded when their professor arrived which put a little calm on herself. Ngunit pagkatapos lamang nito ay natuloy na naman, hanggang sa makauwi siya ay pinaguusapan din iyon ng mga kasambahay.

One of the questions she heard a while ago that made her think was -- Now that Kavan Vercetti was gone, who would handle all the corporations not only in the city but in the whole continent?

Would Giovanni come out to introduce himself as the heir? But as far as she knew he was required to be twenty-one before revealing his self.

She shook her head before going downstairs. It was not her problem even from the beginning. She should not be thinking about someone she had no connection with anymore.

The time had come.

Nang makarating siya sa hapag ay naroon na ang lahat. They were noiseless. Calista secretly glanced at her dad, impatiently waiting for the announcement she was yearning for since yesterday.

Ashanti sat down and started to eat. Her lips twitched as she tasted the saltiness of the food. She was currently eating the Autumn Apple Strudel, and it was not supposed to be that salty.

They waited for their father to finish his meal before he looked at them especially Ashanti. She wiped her lips and looked back. She had no feeling about anything.

"I thought things are getting better and smoother these days. Unfortunately, Giovanni Vercetti himself canceled the engagement with Ashanti."

Calista put her palm on her mouth as she turned at Ashanti. She may looked shocked but she was only striving not to smile by covering her lips.

"Sorry for that, sis."

"What is this? Ashanti! What did you just do?"

Mabilis na nanlaki ang kaniyang mata at napahawak sa sariling kamay nang sumigaw ang ama. He was turning red, the veins on his forehead were becoming visible, so angry that he even slapped the table. The maids left the room without hesitation. She creased her forehead.

"I didn't do anything, what do you mean-"

"Then why? It's obvious something happened that led to the end of engagement! I'm ashamed to have a daughter like you!"

"Carshon, stop it!"

"Why don't you ask Giovanni yourself for his reason? Don't blame me for what I didn't do." Then Ashanti stood up. "I'm done."

We don't want to be married in the first place. It's neither my fault nor Giovanni, it's you. You're the one who's at fault.

"Carshon! How dare you say that to her? Can't you control yourself a little bit more?"

Calista, who was enjoying the scene, silently sipped her water as she inwardly laughed.

What now Ashanti? How will you regain dad's trust? As if Giovanni will take back his words. As if I'll give Kalen that easily? It should be a give and take. You just released the jackpot, but I haven't got it yet.

Ashanti slammed the door and went straight to her bed. Not only her mind who had become weak but all parts of her body. Napagod na siya.

The tears fell to her pale cheeks as she started sobbing while hugging a teddy bear. It was a gift from her grandmother when she celebrated her seventh birthday.

Ganoon na lamang ba siya kadaling itakwil ng kaniyang ama? Since young, her father already gave high expectations to her as the heir of the family. Napantayan naman niya iyon, diba? She managed to graduate as a valedictorian in middle school, in one of the prestigious academies in the country. Presently, she won the competition, and future competitor as a summa cum laude in Franklin.

Isn't that enough to be considered as a good child for him?

Her phone suddenly vibrated, and when she look at the notification, she saw Kalen's name with a new message.

[How about dinner next weekend, Asha? I'll fetch you.]

She wiped her wet cheek before deciding to reply.

[Just text me the address, I don't think Cali will be happy to see us together.]

She rolled her eyes as she remembered her step-sister. Another problem.

[Don't worry, I already asked her about this and she said yes. She's kind by the way.]

Her forehead automatically creased as she saw Kalen's reply. Calista agreed? Was she serious? She gasped as she replied again to him.

She had a bad feeling about this. As if Calista would immediately agree on a dinner of her fiancé with her sister who just got out from an engagement. As far as she was concerned, Kalen was Calista's trump card to become one of Rossault's heirs. Wasn't she worried that Ashanti might steal her man?

Ano na namang binabalak niya?

The next day, Ashanti decided to not go to Franklin. Kennedy messaged her multiple times but she turned her phone off. When afternoon struck, she went to Facoltoso Mall to eat lunch.

As expected, people were looking at her from bottom to top, near or far. She disregarded it and went to a classic restaurant on the last floor.

"Bonjour, jeune mademoiselle Rossault. Avez-vous des réserves aujourd'hui?"

"No, is that a problem?"

The waiter shook his head. "I'll ask for a new table for you, Young Miss Rossault. S'll vous plaît, attendez une seconde."

She nodded and trailed the back of the waiter who immediately went to a room. She then looked around, only to found out Trishza eating alone, waving her hands at her.

"What a coincidence, Asha," Trishza greeted her when she sat on the vacant chair in front.

"This is the first time I saw you here."

"This is my second time. 'Yung una kasama ko si Noah tapos nasarapan ako sa pagkain kaya bumalik ako. Remember him?"

It took her seconds before slowly nodding. Trishza noticed it and apologized.

"No, it's fine. It doesn't matter anyway," she said.

"Matanong lang, what happened? Do you still have a connection with him?"

"You mean Giovanni?"

"No, I mean Kalen."

She hardly closed her eyes. Crap. Stupid Ashanti. Bakit naman si Giovanni agad ang pumasok sa isip niya?

"We're still doing alright. We decided dinner together next weekend."

"You're still doing it? You're brave, Asha." Trishza sipped her juice.

"Why not? Giovanni and I are not connected anymore. The arrangement successfully broke yesterday."

Trishza's eyes widened. "Someone rejected you for the first time."

She sighed. "That's the plan since the beginning. As if I have feelings for him or what."

"How about your sister? Diba sila pa rin? Kung hindi edi sana bali-balita na 'yun ngayon."

"Of course. There's nothing happened on their engagement yet."

"So you'll stick to your plan? Is that what you're trying to say?" Then Ashanti nodded.

Trishza put down her utensils. "You're being a mistress right now, Asha. You know it's not good."

"They don't like each other. Kalen likes me. Hindi pa naman sila kasal."

"Any woman who acts on her feelings for an engaged man is a mistress, Asha."

She didn't reply. What Trishza said was true. That was the harsh reality. Kung hindi ay maling tawagin niya ang kaniyang kapatid na isang kabit.

But on the other hand, she could not let go of Kalen, because he wanted her, not Calista.

"Is it wrong to bring back who's original mine?

"Original?"

"Don't mind what I said." She shook her head. "I'll do what I need to do."

Because that's my goal from the start. I got a second life to get back my man.

Calista's car stopped and the door opened, revealing Victoria.

"Hello, Miss Calista."

"Good day." She smiled. "Did you get the information I want?"

"All of it. Meron ako lahat ng 'yun." Victoria waved the envelope in her hand.

"Thank you, Victoria. You're the best of the best. Don't worry, I'll put the money on your bank account before the day ends."

Calista turned her eyes a full circle when Victoria left the parking lot. Another million. Kung hindi lamang niya kailangan ay hindi naman siya gagastos ng napakahalaking halaga.

She sighed. She should not worry, pagkatapos naman ng lahat ng ito ay magiging barya na lamang sa kaniya ang isang milyon, kahit pa ang isang bilyon. She would become Mrs. Vercetti on her debut, and that was certain.

She pulled the paper out from the envelope. Her lips twitched as she saw the information she got.

Another problem. She bit her lips for a second, but then a curve on it formed after.

That was it. This was the perfect time she would control the events in the dark. She would let them fight until the reputation they had ruined.

She looked again at the face of that woman on the paper.

You better enjoy your vacation here in Arsace, Princess.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9M 714K 35
Based on true story. A psychological Romance-Horror-Paranormal novel by Jamille Fumah. Please read with caution. Highest rank: Consistent #1 both in...
59.7K 2.6K 55
(2/3) A bedridden. Can't walk, talk, even move. My hearing is not clear, my sight is blur, my taste is, nothing. A problem to my family for years. I...
1.1M 21.2K 45
One of the country's most sought after bachelors Dr. Dwight Theodore Gonzales, thirty is a successful neuro-surgeon does not believe in love. He has...
17.8K 657 25
Cyra spent most of her life trapped in a dark storage room. She was hidden by her Tita Rosanna from the outside world, starved, and abused. All becau...