Rain On Me

By cupcakediamondx

He is the biggest star in the world . . everybody knows him. Michael loves his fans and he loves what he doe... More

Part 1 ~ Rain On Me
Part 2 ~ Adorably Clumsy
Part 3 ~ Painfully Shy
Part 4 ~ Moonwalker for A Night?
Part 5 ~ Man in The Mirror
Part 6 ~ 10,000 Dollars?
Part 7 ~ A Sticky Situation
Part 8 ~ Loneliness
Part 9 ~ Dinner For Two?
Part 10 ~ Irresponsible?
Part 11 ~ Michael's Doctor's Appointment
Part 12 ~ Luana
Part 13 ~ Crossing The Line?
Part 14 ~ Dangerous Attraction
Part 15 ~ Tears & Blood
Part 16 ~ Rain It All On Me
Part 17 ~ Closer Than Close
Part 18 ~ Right or Wrong?
Part 19 ~ In Over My Head
Part 20 ~ Inevitable
Part 21 ~ Falling For Him?
Part 22 ~ Soft Touches
Part 23 ~ So Into You
Part 24 ~ Making Love?
Part 25 ~ The Price Of Fame
Part 26 - Overprotective?
Part 27 - Life in a Bubble
Part 28 ~ In Too Deep
Part 29 ~ Invading Michael's Privacy?
Part 30 ~ Human Nature
Part 31 ~ Breaking out
Part 32 ~ A Sweet Little Secret
Part 33 ~ A Kiss From The Past
Part 34 ~ This I promise you
Part 35 ~ Megan's Boss meets Michael
Part 37 ~ Fake Smiles
Part 38 ~ Megan confronts Bill

Part 36 ~ A Star is Born?

677 20 9
By cupcakediamondx

~ Michael's point of view ~

Her friend really seems to be in distress. The way she barged in here, making a scene . . I'm feeling a tad bit uncomfortable. Megan manages to get Douglas to leave, which I'm definitely happy about. I do not like talking to him, he seems nosy and shady. 

The moment Douglas leaves the look on her friend's face changes and they both start laughing. "You're a life saver, Ashley"

"I'm here to save lives . . glad I could help . . hi, Michael"

"Hi, Ashley"

Megan walks over to me. "I'm so sorry about all this, Michael. I promise, you will never have to speak to my boss again. I just have to figure out a way to get him to leave you alone . . don't know how I'm gonna do it yet but I'll find a way" We go into Megan's living room and take a seat. Ashley faces my direction and throws one leg over the other. "So, Michael . . I can't believe you're sitting here, literally"

"Yes, I am sitting here . . literally"

She laughs. 

"No, I mean . . I can't believe you're here . . with us . . I mean, with Megan . . and you guys are like . . you know . . I can't believe it"

I laugh.

"You better believe it"

"I am so incredibly happy you guys found a way . . I mean . . what are the odds?"

"Impossible odds set the stage for amazing things"

"Totally" Ashley replies, with her eyes glued on me. "I'm not the crazy kind of girl I'm sure you heard about from Megan . . I may be a huge fan but I can control myself . . I'm not crazy"

"Judging by the way you walked up here making a total scene, I have my doubts"

"Megan wanted me to create a distraction to get rid of her boss . . thanks to me he's gone . . so . . you're welcome. I guess I'm just a natural"

I laugh.

"I guess you have a point"

"Can I ask you a question, Michael?"

"Shoot"

. . . . .

"Got new music planned?"

"Not at the time, no"

"I'm asking because . . now that we're kinda, sorta like friends, I maybe get to have a VIP pass to future works and get to hear some music before the world gets to hear them"

"I'm really not working on new music at the moment but I'll keep you in mind"

. . . . .

"And now that we're kinda, sorta like friends . . maybe I could be in a future music video . . or-"

"Ashley . . leave him alone" Megan interrupts, putting a few snacks on the coffee table. "I was just asking, no pressure, Michael" Ashley adds. I can't help but laugh. She does have a great sense of humor. 

"I'm gonna make a change . . for once in my life . ." Ashley sings.

"Ashley!!" Megan yells. 

"Ok, Ok . . I'm gonna shut up"

"If she wants to sing, let her" I add. "Judging from that one sentence, it did not sound that bad, to be honest"

"OMG, you think I could be an international singer??" 

I laugh. "Can't say that, but you'll never know . . sing some more"

"Y-You really want me to sing? you're ASKING me to sing . . to YOU?"

Megan takes a seat, rolling her eyes, giggling.

"Yes, if you want. I kinda wanna hear some more"

"OMG, what song do you want me to sing?"

"Whatever you want"

"Wow, give me a few minutes . . umm . . I'm shaking, can you see?" Ashley shows me her hands. "Would you please just pick a song and sing already?" Megan adds. 

"Alright . . umm . . she's out of my life . . . she's out of my life . ."

Ashley proceeds to sing the first half of the song and then stops, blushing all over and putting her hands over her mouth. "I can't believe you listened to me sing, it made me nervous, like, you looked right at me, you listened, you heard me sing, I can't believe you did, like, this is a once in a lifetime oppurtunity, like how many people get to do this? God must like me extra special today! . . wow, like . . did you like it? You probably didn't . . I don't know, I just get so nervou-"

"I really liked it . . you have a beautiful voice, Ashley . . that voice could get you places"

"Wow . . are you serious?"

"Yes . . totally"

"Thank you, Michael . . this means the world to me and so much more"

"You're welcome"

~ Megan's point of view ~

It's almost midnight . . Ashley left after her "audition". 

I wrap my arms around him and kiss him. "Thank you for being so sweet to Ashley. She really does love to sing and she admires you so much"

"Being sweet? I was just honest"

"Y-You mean, she can really sing? I mean, don't get me wrong, I like her voice, she's great . . but did you really like it? . . I mean, coming from you, it definitely must mean something"

"I really liked it . . she's great"

"Wow . . d-do you think you can . . like . . help her out? get noticed or something?"

"I can't think of a reason why I shouldn't . . I'd be happy to help her get started"

"She'll freak out . . . literally"

____________________________

A FEW DAYS LATER

____________________________

We're in Michael's studio. Ashley is going to record a part of a song that Michael wrote for her. They're actually going to record a freakin' song together . . how crazy is this? My best friend and Michael Jackson are singing together . . wow. I'm so happy for her. She does have a great voice and it'd be a shame to not do anything about it. 

Michael puts ear phones on her and on himself and they get started. I'm outside, watching them through the glass wall. The look on her face . . I'm about to cry. Michael is so incredbly sweet.

An hour in, we get interrupted by someone opening the door to the studio. I knew this day couldn't get any better . . well, it was a really great day until this very moment. Bill Bray enters the studio taking a quick look at Ashley and Michael. They haven't noticed him yet.

"So . . you planning on becoming a star, too? . . waiting in line for your turn to audition?"

"Funny . . really funny, Bill"

"So we're on first-name bases now?" He asks, folding his arms. 

I just shake my head. 

"Who's the woman in there with him?"

"She's my best friend . . why do you ask?"

"You just don't get it, do you, Megan . . ."

"I don't know what you're talking about but to be honest, I don't really wanna get anything that comes out of your mouth"

"You're pretty rude for someone like you"

"Someone like me . . yes . . totally . . someone like me . . I'm not even going to ask what that means because I don't care what you mean by that, Bill"

"Someone like you . . gold diggers" I get up angrily and look Bill right into his eyes. That's when Michael notices him standing there. He takes off his ear phones and walks up to us. "Bill, what are you doing here?"

"Your mother asked me to drop a few things off . . I put it in your bedroom . . what are you guys doing here?"

"Ashley's in there, she's a great singer . . I'm thinking about working with her on a new song"

"Michael . . do you really think this is a good idea?"

"I don't see why it wouldn't be a good idea, Bill"

"I know that you're sneaking Megan in here, I'm used to that by now . . but another woman? A woman you don't even know without any protection?"

"Does she look like someone who would kidnap and kill me, Bill?"

Bill laughs.

"You're so naive, Michael"

"Megan . . Ashley . . can you two excuse us for a moment?"

"Sure . . . "

~ Michael's point of view ~

I leave the studio with Bill and walk into the living room. "Really, Bill? Did you stop by to throw around more mean things against Megan and now against her best friend, too? What did she ever do to you?!"

"You still don't get it, Michael . . don't you see it? this is exactly what I was talking about. GOLD DIGGERS . . you're in the studio with two women who want to become a star . . it really took you this long to realize Megan is just using you to become famous?"

"Using me to become famous?! Megan doesn't even sing, she was there to watch her best friend! How dare you make such an accusation?! I'm really starting to grow tired of you, Bill . . I mean it"

"I'm just here to protect you . . I still don't know why you think I'm trying to ruin your life"

"Well . . you are . . stop watching over me like that . . and I already told you to stop being mean to Megan . . there's nothing she ever did to you! Please just leave, ok?"

"You're asking me to leave?"

"No, I'm telling you to leave"

"Now you're throwing me out?"

"It looks that way"

"You're throwing me out of your house for two women you don't even know and could be dangerous?"

"Dangerous? . . . you're watching too many movies, Bill. Just leave, ok? You're really getting me angry"

. . . . .

"It baffles me . . it just does . . how well do you know this other woman? How can you just invite her to your house? . . don't you remember what happened with your house keeper? . . need I to remind you that she attacked you cold-heartely with a . . . umm . . with a knife?"

"Please leave, Bill"

"Fine . . if you want . . but don't forget to get back to your mother. She wants you to call her. She says she hasn't heard from you in a while and is worried"

"I'll call her . . . thanks"

"Even your family gets pushed back because of Megan . . and now apparently for her best friend, too. . . you're losing yourself, Michael. . you're doing too much for other people when you should be doing things for yourself"

"Why shouldn't I give to other people?"

"What are they ever going to give back to you? they're only going to create drama and get your reputation ruined . . but it looks like you don't give a crap about that anymore . . you have a name to defend . . you're much bigger than you even realize you are, Michael . . what a shame"

"I know my impact . . I know who I am . . alright? and I have been him since I was a little darn kid . . now don't tell me I don't know who I am. I'm helping someone get started in their career, I'm helping someone . . maybe you could try that for once"

"Helping someone? Well, Michael . . I'm trying to help you . . but . .-"

"You don't have to help me . . all you have to do is do your job! . . you keep invading my privacy and treating me like a kid. I already have a father, I don't need another one"

"A father . . yea . . but I don't freakin' hit you like your father did . ."

. . . . .

"GET OUT OF HERE!!!"

"What made you so upset?!"

"You had to mention that he beat me as a kid . . you just had to mention it . . feeling better now? after putting me down, making me feel miserable . . you feel good now? feeling better?"

"What?"

"Get out of my house, Bill"

"I'm just telling you one more thing . . you are going to regret letting those two women into your life, Michael and I'm going to be the one to say TOLD YOU SO"

. . . . .

"I'm going to help the girl get noticed and once she's out there, famous, doing her thing, you're going to feel stupid . . and one of these days I'm going to put a ring on Megan's finger and we're going to have lots of kids and my life will turn out great and we'll see who's going to say to the other TOLD YOU SO"

To be continued . . . 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 168 93
Two completely opposite people; Natalia Grey the school nerd, teacher's pet. She's a big sister and role model. She believes in love at first sight...
1.4K 19 12
Prologue My name is Marie, Im 18, single, 3rd year student taking up business administration major in marketing management. And I have this crush, he...
9.4K 336 13
Erin Shields has always had a thing for her best friend Michael Jackson but was too afraid to speak on her feelings. She is very surprised and slight...
211 57 13
Cupid, please hear my cry, And let your arrow fly, Straight to my lover's heart for me. ...