The Burning Barn [BxB]

By Confused_Bisexual612

After being admitted to a mental hospital, a young arsonist's therapist has one burning question for him: Who... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Epilogue

Chapter 7

419 16 7
By Confused_Bisexual612

Beau rested his head against the window of Lukas's car only half-listening to the music. He was tired and wanted nothing more than to go to sleep with Lukas's arms wrapped tightly around him. That would have been the ideal way to end a night.

The arcade had been a good way to finish their date. Lukas had obviously beat Beau in the majority of the games, but Beau had managed to pull through with basketball and a racing game. Beau had had fun just competing with Lukas, even when he knew he didn't stand a chance at winning. He loved how Lukas would laugh whenever either of the boys would slip up. He loved how excited Lukas got when Beau had won or how bright his smile was. He loved how free Lukas had looked...

After they had played everything they had wanted to they had a few tickets to spare. The original plan was to give them to the two kids that had been running around, but they had already left. So instead, Lukas had gladly exchanged it for a tootsie roll that he had eaten and a stuffed pig that sat in Beau's lap. Together they had decided to name him Hamilton after Beau's favorite musical Lukas had been forced to watch a million times.

Hamilton was cheap and there were likely a billion stuffies identical to him. His fur was inexpensive and reminded Beau of a carnival, yet he still ran his fingers along the fur that was more like fuzz. As common as Hamilton was, Lukas had won him so that was exactly what made him special.

Beau planned to keep Hamilton in his desk drawer alongside the photos. As much as he wanted to display his and Lukas's relationship throughout his room, he didn't trust himself to remember to hide it every time someone came over. Or even worse, if someone had come into his room unexpectedly. So he'd settle for a drawer up until he moved out.

Lukas pulled to a stop and Beau yawned as he began to undo his seatbelt. Lukas pulled open Beau's door and Beau gave him a funny look as he helped him down. For as long as Lukas had had the truck, not once had he bothered helping anyone off of that long drop. Heck, Beau even remembered Lucy falling off of it. And although he didn't need the help, he liked that Lukas was there.

"Thanks" Beau gave Lukas a tired smile as Lukas walked him up to the door. Beau unlocked it easily and began to head inside when he realized Lukas wasn't following. "Are you not staying over?"

"It feels a little sleazy to sleep in the same bed after the first date" Lukas awkwardly admitted. Beau gave him an 'are you serious?' Look in which he quickly realized Lukas was. Beau sighed and gave Lukas a polite smile instead.

"Alright... Then goodnight" Beau decided.

"Goodnight" Lukas smiled down at Beau and was about to leave when Beau grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him in for a long and passionate kiss. Lukas stumbled for a moment and used the house for support, accidentally caging Beau in between him and the wall. He had planned on moving his arms down to Beau's waist like he often did but realized that Beau seemed to like how things were and left it alone.

Beau's hands pressed slid Lukas's chest and around his neck, pulling him in for a deeper kiss. His fingers lightly tangled into his hair. He decided to try something new... He lightly bit down on Lukas's bottom lip and tugged at the ends of his hair receiving a deep moan in response. Beau smiled into the kiss feeling somewhat proud before Lukas quickly pulled away.

"I said goodnight" Lukas chuckled. He placed a chaste kiss on Beau's lips before pulling away. "I love you, Beau"

"I love you too Lukas"

_________________________________________

Beau woke up to a loud ringing from his phone. He groaned and shut off the alarm before sitting up and rubbing his eyes. He had been exhausted by the time he got back, but somehow kissing Lukas had brought back energy he didn't know he had left. And that energy had only continued to keep him awake. The worst part was how cold and empty his bed had felt without Lukas in it.

Beau reached for the nearest pillow, burying his face into it before letting out yet another loud groan. As if on cue there was a loud thump on the wall from the room next to his followed by his little sister's annoyed shouts.

"Quit whining. I'm trying to sleep, ya bastard" She shouted. Beau rolled his eyes and forced himself to sit up and get dressed. He pulled on the usual jeans and t-shirt before stumbling down the stairs. He reached for a granola bar before heading outside and walking toward the barn, half-heartedly eating his breakfast.

The one thing that kept him motivated while finishing his chores wasn't the idea of getting out of the scorching heat or going upstairs for more sleep. Heck, it wasn't even getting time to spend by himself reading in the hay room like he usually did. This time it was getting to see that blondie that just wouldn't leave his head.

How could things be any better? He had Lukas, the unconditional love of his family, he had a few scholarships lined up to pay for college and most of all Lukas had said that he loved him. This was easily the best-case scenario for as long as they lived in Tennessee.

Maybe he'd go to Austin, Texas. It was a nice city and he knew that Lukas's dad wanted him to stay in the south. He could be out and proud with Lukas there... Or maybe somewhere in Florida or the west coast. Heck, maybe even New York (although his parents would probably never forgive him due to their undying hatred for the state ever since Shelby lost her engagement ring there). The world was filled with endless possibilities and he could explore all of them with Lukas.

Beau had always been labeled the golden kid because of his bright smile and positive attitude. But he had never truly felt like the golden kid. He had always felt out of place and different... But for the first time ever he knew who he was. He was Beau Martin, he was gay, he was unconditionally in love with Lukas and he was the golden child of Tennessee. He would never stop smiling because his life was shaping out perfectly and Lukas always loved Beau's smile. And that was a promise.

Beau practically danced as he completed his chores one by one. His good mood from the night before was contagious and made each chore feel like a blessing and opportunity handed to him. They were like stepping stones to reaching what he truly wanted. And what he wanted was to get them done as swiftly as possible so that he could go see Lukas and ask him to be official.

Beau grinned feeling accomplished as he admired all of his hard work. The barn didn't necessarily look perfect, but it was enough to get by and that was what counted. All of the animals were fed and content, everything was put in its place, and the smell of manure wasn't as prominent. 

He quickly headed off toward the trails leading through the fields and toward Lukas's house. He spotted the familiar barn that was painted the same white as Lukas's house. Only it was much more chipped and worn. There were a few patches from storms and definitely wasn't in its golden years. But it was still stable and functioned well enough to keep the animals warm and dry.

Beau happily walked into the familiar setting. He glanced around noticing two tanks of gasoline in the corner, a few tools in another corner, and most importantly Lukas attempting to work while Ophelia tugged at his pant leg. Beau chuckled as he watched the small puppy repeatedly try and get Lukas's attention only to be shrugged off with a light-hearted laugh. Music played from Lukas's speaker and his eyes finally landed on Beau.

There was a slight twinkle in his gaze and his smile seemed to brighten. His features were still relaxed like they always were - Lukas never seemed tense or stressed out, even when he probably should be. Instead, he was just happy, and staring at the boy he loved only made it better.

Beau wasted no time flinging himself into Lukas's arms for a tight and warm hug. Lukas's embrace made his heart dance and sent streaks of warmth through his body. Just being around Lukas automatically brightened up everything.

Beau was the golden boy because of his neverending smile. Everyone around him believed him to always be happy. But he wasn't just happy because he could be. He wasn't happy because of the birds or puppies or even the sun. He was happy because of Lukas. Because he had someone he knew he could never lose. Someone he knew would always be there and that he could always rely on. He couldn't imagine his life without him. Beau simply wasn't Beau without Lukas. And Lukas simply wasn't Lukas without Beau.

Throughout your lifetime, you can have a million soul mates. You can meet a million different people that were just meant for you. People that understood you. And soulmates come and go, but there was one thing you could never shake. Twin flames were something more. They were a soul split into two creating two beings that perfectly complemented one another. Two beings that shared an instant connection. And that was exactly what Lukas and Beau were.

"How'd you sleep?" Lukas asked, with his voice muffled. He had buried his face into the crook of the smaller boy's neck, still not ready to let go despite seeing one another only yesterday.

"Alright" Beau sighed. He rested his head against Lukas's chest and just stood there for a while. They didn't talk, they didn't even think much. They just stood enjoying one another's company and embrace. Allowing one another's warmth to comfort them and slowly drifting into peace. That is until a little black and white dog began to tug on Lukas's pant leg again causing him to let out a long sigh.

"Ophie, we talked about this" Lukas sighed. He reluctantly let go of Beau and bent down to pick up the squirming puppy. He brought her up to his chest and her head quickly darted to give Beau's cheek a quick lick. Her legs and tail quivered in excitement as she realized that she was the center of attention after hours of hard work.

Beau and Lukas only laughed and both moved to pet her. Beau scratched up and down her back while Lukas messed with her floppy ears. She was definitely a pitbull, but Beau didn't doubt that she was mixed with something else. She had longer legs than most pitbull puppies Beau had seen. Floppier ears and a longer nose too... Not to mention he didn't often see black and white pits that weren't mixed.

"I love her so much" Lukas admitted with a light chuckle. "But she's been driving me mad all morning. I don't know how to convince her to leave the horses alone... I think the only way she'll learn at this point is if she gets kicked" Lukas chuckled. Beau bit back a laugh deciding that as sad as it was, Ophelia's curious nature would likely get the best of her sooner or later. But he had no doubt in his mind that the puppy would learn and pull through. She was clever enough.

"She'll learn" Beau promised. He gave Ophelia one last scratch before dropping his hands to his side and stuffing them into his pockets. He smiled as Lukas began to sway side to side to the music, lightly dancing with the dog in his arms. He happily sang along in his exaggerated singing voice.

Lukas could sing, everybody knew it too. But he chose to goof off and make ridiculous voices when he sang or purposely sang slightly off-key or too loud. Beau never understood why he did it, but it always did earn a laugh or a smile from him. He watched in amusement as Ophelia's tail wagged and she attempted to lick Lukas's face but was unable to reach.

"Never in my life did I think I'd be jealous of a dog" Beau lightly teased as Lukas placed a kiss on top of the dog's head. Lukas let out a loud laugh and set Ophelia onto the ground only for her to viciously assault a strand of hay.

"Then come here" Lukas extended a hand and Beau felt his cheeks flush. His heart slammed in his chest as Lukas took him by the hand and pulling him into the middle of the barn where his music was loudest. Beau tried to pin-point exactly what song it was, but his mind was fuzzy and intoxicated with the boy in front of him. So all he got from it was that it was Elvis, Lukas's favorite.

Beau hesitantly placed his hand on Lukas's shoulder as Lukas's gripped his waist. Their other hands were intertwined as the two boys swayed side to side at Lukas's lead. Lukas continued to sing, still making Beau laugh. He rested his head on Lukas's chest, listening to his heartbeat as he held on to this moment.

Lukas's voice softened eventually, finally giving Beau that gorgeous voice he loved. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes allowing Lukas to transport him to another world. He wasn't sure where they were. Maybe they were dancing in the kitchen of a small apartment in LA. Or maybe they were still in the barn, only this time in a world of acceptance. Either way, Beau was happy.

Their dancing had begun to slow as the song came to an end and eventually, they came to a complete spot. Neither of the boys was ready to pull away. They both wanted to stay in one another's presence for as long as they could because neither of them could deny the fact that time was limited. And they may have a lot less than they thought.

Lukas let go of Beau's hand and brought his to Beau's chin. With two fingers he tilted Beau's head up and placed a delicate, sweet, and gentle kiss on them. Their kiss last night had been passionate and full of excitement and maybe a bit of lust. But this kiss was completely full of love. Just two boys that couldn't have been more perfect for one another finally giving in to every feeling and emotion they had built up for one another over the years.

Lukas's lips were soft and tasted sweet like peppermint. His lips were molded perfectly with Beau's and Beau was unable to think of a more perfect moment. Lukas's fingers were still under Beau's chin and the world seemed frozen for a moment. Like it only belonged to them and nobody else could take it.

Beau was the first to pull away and he quickly caught his breath before a smile erupted on his face. Lukas rested his forehead against Beau's, still keeping his eyes closed. He didn't want the moment to be over - neither of them did. Lukas's thumb lightly ran over Beau's plump lips, memorizing the feeling as if he would ever forget.

"I love you so much, Beau"

"I love you too" Beau promised. The warmth and love that surrounded them for a few moments quickly turned to ice just by one mans presence. A deep voice cut in sending chills down each boy's spine and making Beau's legs go numb.

"Lukas, what are you doing?" Mr. Edwards's cold and emotionless voice echoed. Lukas pulled away instantly and Beau's heart completely stopped. Beau knew he would remember that moment with Lukas for the rest of his life. He knew he would remember kissing him and dancing... But he was wrong if he thought he would ever look back on it with a smile.

"Dad, I-" Lukas froze. His face was morphed into one of horror. His body was tense and stiff which was so unlike him. His lip quivered slightly in fear and all he could do was stare.

"Do you have any idea what you're doing? What you've just done?" His voice was relaxed and he took agonizingly long paused between each sentence. Being sure to build up the dread each boy felt. "When I raised you I raised you to be a son of God. I thought you would know better than to go running to a life of sin the second he sent a faggot your way..."

"Dad-" Lukas cut in. His voice was filled with fear and maybe a bit of anger. But even then, being as terrified as he was, Lukas had positioned himself between his father and Beau. Beau wasn't sure if it was intentional, but it was obvious Lukas wanted to shield Beau from his father's words. Sheild him from the hurt.

"Don't interrupt" Mr. Edwards scoffed. "Well then, at least now I know why my wife ended her life. Probably discovered what I was too blind to see. Lukas, I am trying to save you. This lifestyle will only lead to you being alone. You will have no friends, no family, no community. You will have nothing"

Lukas bit down on his lip, fighting back tears. He barely had the strength to stand at this point. He had always wondered if his mother's death was partially his fault. Maybe he had done something wrong or she simply didn't like him. Why else would she leave him with a cold-hearted monster like his father?

"I'll have Beau" Lukas's voice shook. He never confronted his father. Never stood up to him, never argued. He had done everything asked of him and more. The least his father could do was let him love Beau. But those three words were enough to make him snap. Mr. Edwards was holding back. That much was because of Beau's presence, but Lukas's resistance broke the first line holding Mr. Edwards back.

"Do you not see what you're doing?" He suddenly shouted. "You are destroying your life, your future, and your family over a sick boy. I raised you better than this. Your mother couldn't even stand the sight of you yet I still stuck around because I thought you were worth something. I have given you everything. Every opportunity, every resource, and more chances than you deserve. You are sick and twisted. There is something wrong with you and I will not stand for it. So for as long as I live, you will no longer have any contact with the Martins"

And just like that Beau's world collapsed. He couldn't breathe, he couldn't think clearly. All he wanted was to pull Lukas out of there and go home. He wanted to hold Lukas and tell him it was alright, that he could stay with them, and apparently Lukas had a similar idea.

"I'll just stay with the Martins... They actually love me which is more I could ever say for you" Lukas's voice broke as he shouted back. His hands were clenched into fists to keep from shaking and his eyes were glazed with tears.

"Really, Lukas?" Mr. Edwards questioned almost innocently. "We've had this fight a million times and how does it always end? How easy would it be for something to slip? For the town to realize what you are and that the Martins are pulling you closer to the devil? How quickly Shelby and David would lose their jobs. How bad school would get for Lucy... And of course, for Beau... You're staying here"

"No... No. Dad, please. Just let me go... Let me leave. I love Beau just let me be happy with him. Dad please" Lukas begged. He didn't yell. He didn't fight he wasn't even a little stern. He was broken and desperate enough to try and play on a heartless man's emotions.

"I'm doing this to protect you, Lukas" Mr. Edwards sighed. "You know that's all I've ever done for you and the only way to protect you now is to heal you from this sickness. Beau has to go" Mr. Edwards decided before moving his glare to Beau. "So leave"

"Lukas" Beau pressed. He knew he could handle school. He knew his parents would do anything for Lukas... And he knew that he would do anything just to see him, just to have him. He was willing to risk everything just to protect him. "Please I can handle myself. You don't have to worry... You can come home with me" Beau begged.

"Beau... Please just go" Lukas whispered. And those four words were what crushed Beau's heart. And those four words would lead to a whole lot of hurt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257K 17.5K 24
Kody leaves behind the bright lights of the city and moves to a small town in the suburbs, where his only choice is to adapt to the rainbows of monoc...
17.1K 729 22
Trauma. Sadness. Guilt. Adam is barely living since a tragic accident a year ago. He's seeing a therapist, he's having nightmares. But someone is goi...
29.5K 970 38
"How can I...free my mind?"
15K 496 52
Apollo Quinn wants nothing to do with Nicolas Young. While 5 years ago, the two had been best friends, nowadays they live across the country from one...