๐˜‹๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ...

By METANOIAHOE

๐‘ฐ ๐’Œ๐’๐’๐’˜ ๐’˜๐’† ๐’˜๐’†๐’“๐’†๐’'๐’• ๐’‘๐’†๐’“๐’‡๐’†๐’„๐’•, ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐‘ฐ'๐’—๐’† ๐’๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“ ๐’‡๐’†๐’๐’• ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’˜๐’‚๐’š ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’๐’... More

Quick A/N
*Playlist*
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Part 2
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue
A/N
The fiancรฉs!

Chapter 22

469 18 4
By METANOIAHOE

22. Regret

Reya needed to get away. Away from her thoughts and away from her mother. She was running on no sleep and the built up anger and regret. She sat on the edge of her bed, her feet touching the floor. Her leg was bouncing at the speed of light, sending shivers up her spine.

Her mind was racing at a million miles per hour. She wasn't thinking straight as she started typing on her keyboard. When finding what she wanted, she grabbed her back containing her bank card and quickly typed in the details so she wouldn't back out. After all was done she sat back in her chair, finally letting out a breath she seemed to be holding in. A dead weight was lifted off her shoulders and the pressure was erased from her brain. Reya couldn't quite believe what she had done.

One way ticket to London, purchased!

She bought a ticket to London. She departed tomorrow and her only challenge was to leave without her mom knowing. That would be difficult but doable with Elias and Thalia's help. Reya couldn't believe what she was doing, running of to London by herself. What would she even do there, she hadn't thought this through at all. She barely had enough money to live after buying that ticket. George. Yes George! He lived in London. Wait, but what if he didn't want her to stay, maybe he wouldn't have room. Oh god. She couldn't even let him know she was coming her phone was broken beyond oblivion. Hopefully he wouldn't be mad with her sudden appearance at his door after being dormant for months.

She only had roughly 11 hours until her flight, it was currently 4am. She should probably sleep but she couldn't. So instead she decided to pack her belongings. She only needed one suitcase and she filled it with clothes, toiletries and other necessary items she might want to take. She debated taking her guitar but decided against it. Reya packed enough for her to live on.

At around 9am she was going out of her mind from being in her room. She decided to find Elias and let him know what she was planning. Lucky for her he was awake and was currently sitting on his phone. She walked into the well lit room after knocking. His room wass much tidier than hers and actually had sunlight peaking though the curtains. He looked up to see his sister with a guilty look on her face.

"What's up Rey?" He asked genuinely. He couldn't help but worry for his sister. After everything she's gone through recently. It's broken her. She sat on the edge of his bed next to him, taking a deep inhale.

"I bought a ticket to London. It leaves tomorrow. I need you and Thali to cover for me so mom doesn't find out." Her voice was quiet but he heard what she said.

"Hey thats good, you need to get away, it'll be good for your mental health. Are you staying with a friend?"

"Yeah i'm staying with George. Are you guys going to be okay without me? I hate to leave you here with her."

"Me and Thalia will be okay, just worry about yourself. This'll be a good thing for you. You haven't seen George in ages." He put his arms around her, bringing her to lean her head to his shoulder. Her breathing was calm for the first time in a long time.

"Thank you, I love you."

"I love you too."

--------------------

Before she knew it she had snuck out the house and was driving to the airport. Elias was in the drivers seat and Thalia was in the back. Her eyes were brimming with tears at the thought of leaving her siblings alone. Elias caught notice and rested his hand on hers, spreading his comfort.

They arrived at the airport sooner than she would've liked. This was there goodbye. No not a goodbye. More of a see you soon. She wrapped her two siblings into a warm embrace, not wanting to let either of them go. The loudspeaker called for her flight. She pulled away looking them both in the face. All of them had tears rolling down their cheeks.

"I'm going to miss you both, be careful okay?"

"We'll be fine don't worry. You however be safe, London's a busy place."

"I will."

That was the last thing she said before leaving towards her gate, her siblings watched her and waved until she was out of sight. Her heart was pounding all the way until she one the plane in her seat. Before she knew it she was off on a long trip to London.

To pass the time she got out her song book trying to grasp any inspiration. The sun had set just before she left so on takeoff she could see all the lights of the city fly by. Until they flew through the clouds. At around midnight sleep finally caught up to her as she had been awake for over 24 hours. When she woke up the plane was about to land and the sky was a bright blue. She had no idea what time it was and she couldn't even check her phone. Stupid time zones.

It looks around the afternoon, sounds about right judging from what time it was when she left, not forgetting time difference between the two places. Reya managed to get her luggage from baggage claim quickly and didn't have to take particularly long in customs. Soon enough she was at the entrance of the airport looking for a taxi to take her to George's apartment.

The drive wasn't long surprisingly, he lived prettt close. It was strange being back in England especially after spending 4 years away. Nothing looked any different to when it did before she left. Busy as always, the streets were packed with people. On bikes, walking, some teenagers skating. She loved the bustle of the city, all except the traffic. The trip should've been 15 minutes most but it racked up to 30 from the constant traffic.

Eventually she got to the entrance of George's apartment, her nerves spiked up once again. What would she do if had no where for her to stay, would he be mad she came without warning? She shook her head ridding her brain of the thoughts.

Someone was just coming out the door so that allowed her to slip in without having to ring from the outside. She didn't know what she would say on it anyway.

Reya made her way up the stairs to the floor he lived on and when she got to his door she stopped. She was taking deep breaths as she tried to gain the courage to knock on the door. Her hand was raised about to know when the door flung open.

Reya bounced back away from the door as the figure behind it jumped in fear. Their mouth open in shock, eyes wide.

"Reya?"

"Yep..." Without a second thought he wrapped her into a tight hug. She dropped the bag she was holding to wrap her arms around his waist, burying her head into his chest. Before she could stop herself, the tears were spilling from her eyes. Her body started to shake with sobs making George only tighten his hug.

She missed this a lot. She missed her best friend. This was going to be a good thing. She needed this. This was the right thing to do. Despite how guilty she felt now, in the long run it'll be worth it.
Her knees collapsed beneath her leaving her and george to slowly reach the floor, still wrapped up in his arms.

They sat there until Reya's sobs subsided. He let her put herself together before taking her into his apartment. It was a bit of a mess but she didn't mind.

"If I knew you were coming I would have cleaned." He said with a chuckle gaining a small laugh from Reya.

"Yeah sorry about that, I smashed my phone the other day so I couldn't tell you..." Her throat was dry so her voice came out hoarse.

"Why are you here? I mean you've been distant for a while now, what's wrong? Take your time you don't need to tell me right now." He was so sweet and nice about it, it made her want to cry again. She didn't deserve this, she left him for ages without a word. He should be mad at her.

"No it's fine, I can tell you now. The reason I've been MIA is because... my mother is back." She continued to explain the story of what happened after the trip. She was sure to explain the endless amounts of manipulation, verbal and physical abuse her and her siblings went through. All up to the point where her mom forced her to leave Alex.

George's heart broke for her. She had been going through this torture for months alone, she didn't speak to anyone. No one knew what was happening no one could have helped. He felt helpless.

"Hey it's okay," he soothed when he noticed her hands were shaking. He took her hands in his, the warmth of his calming hers. "It's okay you're safe now, she can't hurt you here."

——————
This was messy :D
Why did it take me over a week to write this mediocre piece of writing. Oh well I hope you enjoy it we finally getting to the good bits :)))
Don't forget to vote if you enjoy it :)

1605 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

765K 23.8K 52
๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐ง๐š ๐ฆ๐š๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ž ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข...
252K 6.4K 20
๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ฒ ๐ซ๐š๐ง๐ง๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฌ, ๐š ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐๐š, ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ญ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐จ๐ง ๐š ๐๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข...
198K 9.6K 63
"๐–๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ, ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ฒ." ๐ƒ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐’๐Œ๐ ๐„๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐™ซ๐™–๐™ง๐™ž๐™ค๐™ช๐™จ ๐™ญ ๐™ค๐™˜ ๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐“๐ฐ๐จ @๐“๐ฒ๐ฉ๐ž๐ฐ๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐Ž...
236K 7K 28
ใ€Œ ๐™ณ๐šข๐šœ๐š™๐š‘๐š˜๐š›๐š’๐šŠ ใ€ ๐’‚ ๐’”๐’•๐’‚๐’•๐’† ๐’๐’‡ ๐’–๐’๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’† ๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“๐’‚๐’๐’Š๐’›๐’†๐’… ๐’…๐’Š๐’”๐’”๐’‚๐’•๐’Š๐’”๐’‡๐’‚๐’„๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’๐’Š๐’‡๐’†. โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” D...