Only You. (LIAM STEWART x OC)

By Dystopian_Worlds77

When a strange disease called IAAN started killing kids all over the United States, the government isn't scar... More

Back story!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Cover!
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Thank You!
Sequel!!
New book!

Chapter 19

288 7 2
By Dystopian_Worlds77

GENS POV

just like before, Liam threw himself into his work, only this time was different. He still was busy a lot of the time, but he took out some days to see us.

Every two weeks I would take out 2 days from working with Clancy and spend it with Liam, Zu, and chubs. They also asked him for those days off and we would made up the work on weekends.

Today sadly wasn't one of those days. I woke up and Liam wasn't in our cabin. He probably went to early breakfast.

They have two breakfasts and two dinners here. One breakfast is really early for the guards and the second is for the others like me, Zu, and chubs. Then the same for dinner only reversed. The first is for us and the later one is for the guards who work late or just woke up for shift.

I tossed and turned in bed until I heard the bell for our breakfast. I ran out of the cabin hoping I would catch up to Liam only to find him walking away with his buds.

He looked happy and I didn't want to ruin the moment so I walked to the cafeteria. I was gonna eat breakfast with Clancy this morning.

Normally I do, just cause Zu sits with her cousin and friends and chubs when I ask to sit with him or if I can sit with him just says he is going to the cabin, in which I don't wanna be in.

So I head off to Clancy's office. I was gonna skip breakfast this morning.

When I walked in Clancy had two plates. "Hungry much?" I said with a laugh. I broke him out of a sorts trance.

"Oh yeah that's what it looks like. No I got you a plate. You normally eat this so I hope you like?" He said to me with a grin.

"Wha-how did you know that was my favorite, and that I was gonna skip..." I asked him.

"I was in the cafeteria this morning and saw you walked out with nothing.  So I grabbed an extra for you." He said. 

I smiled. Clancy was always like this. Nice and caring. He made sure I ate well only cause when in my memories he saw how little I ate and how I always put other first.

So he put me first. He always made sure I got my meals in. And frankly it was weird, but nice.

"I see I'm back on you watchlist then?" I asked sarcastically and he nodded. We dug into our meals barely talking to each other.

"Ok so I was thinking today you try to get into my head more than try to block me out?" He asked. I nodded.

"Finally! I feel like we have tried so hard for me to block you out rather than try to get in control of me being in others heads!" I said and his smile fell.

"If you wanted to try other things you could have said so." He said kinda upset.

"I didn't mean it like that. I just want to be better in control of being in others heads." I said to him quickly. I didn't want him thinking I'm hating what he is doing.

"Yes but you have to be in control of your mind before you are others!" He says to me and I nod. He had told me this many many times. It's getting old.

"I know." I mumble back to him.

He just shakes his head and walked over to the bed. That's where we sit. The floor was too uncomfortable for my back, the couch we didn't have good access to each other, his table was too small, and the bed was just right.

We could sit across from each other. Sometimes when I got tired I could take a nap and he would do whatever work he needed to catch up on.

"Ok push an image into my head." He said. When I tried their was a curtain around his mind. I tried for what seemed like years till I gave up.

"Ugh! I'm sorry. But I don't get it! Why can't you just let me in? When I use this, it will be to protect me! So why can't you act like a normal person and not a skilled orange!" I yelled at him.

He looks shocked and stands up. He walks to his desk and sits down. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I say to him.

"I just.....I just want to be able to control all this. And I love what your doing. I haven't slipped in months. It's helped so so much. But I can't get into your head to practice, because your skilled and know how to control it. But others won't be like you, and I'll be able to get in easily, and I'm only going to use it in times of need, to protect me and others, so when will you let me in your head?" I ask him.

He looks up from his desk.

"It's ok Genevieve. It's just you need to understand, if you were to go against people like my dad or anyone up their in the military, they might be skilled. I have met people who were almost able to lock me out. They had good control of their minds. You have been doing good and almost breaking my barrier, and if you can almost break mine, you will be able to break theirs. But I just want to be safe." He said to me.

He motioned to the bed so I sat down again a sun tried and tried for the next few hours to get into his head. With not luck he sent me off.

This was how we rolled. I would try to get into his head and or he would try to get into mine. We would work like this for hours at a time until he sent me off thinking it was enough for one day.

Some days we only worked for a few hours and others took till sunrise to almost sundown or dinner. It was a lot of work on my body mentally and physically.

It wore me out and pushed me. I learned a lot about myself that I didn't know. Clancy brought back good memories I didn't even know I had.

I knew they were real though. No one can make up a memory like that. I knew he could make up things but he wouldn't do that.

They were good memories from my lost childhood. What I had of it. I had lost my innocence when I was taken to that god awful camp at 10. And I don't think I will ever get it back.

What sucks is I'm not 11. It's not like I could just get it back. I'm 16 years old and grown way more than I should be. My mind is well beyond my years. My body has taken that Same toll.

I'm way too malnourished as a 16 year shouldn't be. I should be heathy, and full, but I'm not. I'm skinny and boney. It's not a good look. I have some muscle but not a lot of it.

I gained some when we were first in the run and got some more when we got here. I started taking runs and Clancy would help me fight but other than that, I'm not skilled.

When I got back to the cabin Liam was asleep with Zu snuggled up to him. When I walked in she started to move but I told her not too. She would wake a very sleepy Liam.

I walked over and slowly removed her from his arms.  She hugged me and she seemed really happy. I soon found out why.

They had 'report cards' and she had a note from the teacher saying she was going really well and was acing all her classes. That was good. She should be valedictorian of her, what would it be, 4th grade class?

Oh well she was doing good and that all that mattered. I gave her a kiss on the head and placed her in her bed. "I'll wake you for dinner." I said to her.

As soon as she was asleep I ran back to Clancy's office.

"Clancy?!" I asked and he came out of the bathroom with a told around his waist. He had a nice 4 pack.

"Omg I'm so sorry!" I said closing my eyes and turning around.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I heard him go back into the bathroom and shut the door.

"Nothing, I was wondering if I could ask you something though." I said to him through the door.

"Ok, anything, go on." He said.

"So zu just got her report card back. And she was doing really well in her classes and was passing all of them, so I was wondering if tonight at dinner we could make something sweet to celebrate not only her, but all the other kids." I said.

When I got no response I continued. "Pleaseee! After all this the kids are doing so well in their classes and actually getting an education that some won't ever get! I'll work for dinner too! Please?!" I said and he came out dressed this time.

He was shaking his head and smiling .

"What?" I asked feeing embarrassed.

"It's nice how you care so much about her. I like it. And sure. I'll arrange something. And you can work on dishing out tonight. I'll call up Kiley and she can help you." He said and with that I was on the porch and waiting for Kiley.

I can't wait for Zu to find out about what I'm doing for her and her class. She will be so happy!

///////////
Sorry for the short chapter. I will try to get in some more later. I just don't like leaving you guys for so long so here is something. I hope you like it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21 0 22
"Let's get one thing straight, you know nothing about me or my brother, so you and this stupid gossipy town can go and suck it, for all I care!" ***...
222K 6.6K 17
𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 | ❝SHE MADE THE MOON LOOK DULL, SHE KEPT THE SKY LIT EACH NIGHT.❞ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ Cassiopeia Wylie doesn't know much a...
2.6K 89 8
(DISCONTINUED. REWRITE IN PROGRESS) The year is 2050. The world has gone to hell. Everywhere you look, it's just ruins and devastation. It's so fucki...
947 45 46
Hope Flynn used to love water. She never realized the power of water, or the strength of it until the accident. Now Hope knows just how dangerous wat...