The Aftermath (Sequel to The...

By reject_20

Sequel to The Fifth Marauder! Please read it or else you probably won't understand this story. More

Welcome
Wounds
Blood
Not your fault
Hurt
Questions
Bodies
Tattoos
Injuries
Lazy day
Captured pt. 1
Captured pt. 2
Rescued
Vendetta
Questions pt. 2
Wedding
Funeral
Hiding
Regulus
It's a Boy
Marlene
Questions pt. 3
Harry James Potter
Secretkeeper
Traitor?
Pregnant
Names
Birthday
Missing
Girl or Boy?
Hallows Eve
Azkaban
Questions pt. 4
Loss
September
Five years
Questions pt. 5
The Prisoner of Azkaban
Welcome Back
Boggart
Fat Lady
The Three Broomsticks
We meet again
The Calm
The Storm
1995
Letter
Again?
Charlie
Sunny
I must not tell lies
Christmas at Grimmuald Place
Valentines
Twins
The Ministry
Locked up?
Moving in
Weasleys
Calm days
The Burrow
Depressed
First
Bill
Eight Potters
Nightmares
The locket
Breaking in
Brothers
Yaxley
Twin curse
Protection
Teddy
The beginning
Memories
The stone
The battle
Next generation
𝙰 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚎'𝚜 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚋𝚢𝚎 (𝙱𝙾𝙽𝚄𝚂 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁)
𝚆𝚊𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝙾𝚟𝚎𝚛 (𝙱𝙾𝙽𝚄𝚂 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙿𝚃. 𝟸)

Patronus

3.6K 118 41
By reject_20

"Are you sure about this, Harry? This is very advanced magic. Far more advanced than the ordinary wizarding level."

"I'm sure." Harry nodded and Remus walked down the stairs with me on his shoulder.

"Well, everything is prepared. Now the spell I'm going to try and teach you is called the Patronus charm. Did you ever hear of it?" Harry shook his head. "No? Well, a patronus is a kind of positive force and for the wizard who could conjure one, it works like a shield with with a dementor feeding on it rather than him. But in order for it to work, you need to think of a memory. Not just any memory, a very happy memory, a very powerful memory. Can you do this?"

"I'm excited to see what his patronus will be!"

"I'm so glad Jade came up with this idea."

"Yes."

"Very good." Remus sat me down next to him and I prepared myself for the worst. "Close your eyes, concentrate, explore your past. Do you have a memory? Allow it to fill you up, lose yourself with it and speak the incantation Expecto patronum."

Harry repeated the spell and I jumped down from the trunk and looked at the grindylow. It kinda looks like my mother in law. But that's an insult to grindylows everywhere.

"VIXEN YOU SASSY BEING, I LOVE YOU!"

"Wand at the ready." Remus said and I tensed looking at Harry. Remus released the boggart and it immediately turned into a dementor. Oh shit.

"Oh shit!"

"SHIT!"

Harry fainted again and I looked at Remus who immediately put the boggart back in the trunk.

"SHIT!" He yelled and went to wake up Harry. "I told you this wasn't a good idea!"

It's a great idea and you're pissed you haven't thought of it first.

...

"Here we go. Come on, sit up." Remus helped Harry and I immediately ran towards them. "It's alright. I didn't expect you to do it the first time. That would've been remarkable! Here, eat this."

Harry took the chocolate and I sat on his lap making him smile softly.

"That's one nasty dementor." Umm, look. We're your aunt and uncle but there's no way we're making you face a dementor like this. We're dumb, but not stupid. We'll leave the stupidity for Sirius.

"That was a boggart, Harry. The real thing will be much much worse." Remus stood up and lit the candles. Look at him with his wandless magic just like I taught him. I'm proud of my mistress. "Matter of interest, what memory were you thinking of?"

"The first time I rode a broom." Bitch what? That won't even tickle the dementor. That didn't even tickle my black heart.

"Well that's not good enough. That's not nearly good enough." Remus shrugged and looked at me.

"There's another. It's not happy exactly. But what it is, it's the happiest I've ever felt. But it's complicated." Well stop the dramatics and show us! I'm intrigued.

"Is it strong?" Harry nodded and Remus smiled softly. "Then let's give it a try. You feel ready?"

"Just do it." Harry took out his wand and I tensed again. This better fucking work.

"Expecto Patronum!" IT WORKED!

"YES! That's my boy!"

"I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY TO SEE A BOGGART IN MY LIFE! WAY TO GO, HARRY!"

I ran towards Moony who was laughing and smiling. Harry threw the boggart back in the trunk and Remus shut it closed.

"Well done, Harry! Well done!"

"UNCLE MOONY IS PROUD! AND HE'S RARELY PROUD OF ANYTHING!"

"I'M SO PROUD OF YOU, HARRY!"

"I think I've had enough for today." Harry chuckled and sat on the steps. I jumped on his lap again happily and he started to pet me. That's my Bambi!

"Eat this, it helps. Just so you know Harry, I think you would've given your father a run for his money and that is saying something." You're telling me.

"I was thinking of him, and mum. Seeing their faces, they were talking to me. Just talking. That's the memory I chose. I don't even know if it's real, but it's the best I have." And my heart broke again. Moony, do something.

"Lily, my heart broke. Do something."

"Can't. Mine broke too."

...

"Harry just left, Vix. You can come out now."

"I'M A PROUD AUNTIE!" I yelled and hugged him. "HE DID IT! HARRY DID IT!"

"He sure did, Little Vixen. I couldn't be prouder. Our little Bambi did it." Remus laughed and kissed my forehead. "You still think you can cast one?"

"Probably. I can try, but it's been years Moony. I wouldn't be shocked if I couldn't." I shrugged.

"You wanna try? A corporeal one, please." He smirked and I groaned.

"Only because you're my mistress and I love you." I took out my wand and glared at him. "No boggart please. I can't bear to see dead James again."

Remus nodded and leaned back on the trunk.

"Whenever you're ready, Little Vixen." I nodded and casted the spell but nothing happened. "Remember our school years, Jade."

"It hurts to think about them."

"But it's what works. It's what helped me with the dementor on the train." Remus shrugged. "I thought about that one time that we were hiding Padfoot and Prongs from Minnie because they managed to glue her drawers shut. Remember?"

"Yeah. 'Sirius Black and James Potter sends their respects but they've died and the squid ate them. So sorry.' Who could forget the detention we got and yet you didn't get shit." I chuckled shaking my head.

"I actually wished the squid would've ate me when I saw Minnie's face. I almost pissed my pants and Padfoot was clinging onto my leg like a two-year-old."

"I wanted to see that."

"Not a fun experience."

"It's memories like those that helps. Wanna try again?" I nodded and he smiled. "Wand at the ready, then."

I casted the charm and the familiar fox started to run around. I sure missed that fox.

"See? All you needed was a little push. Care to share the memory?" Remus smiled and hugged me.

"Your birthday, third year. The night Sirius, Bam Bam and I failed miserably to bake you a cake while Wormtail distracted you. It was slightly burned and the frosting was way too sweet but you enjoyed it nonetheless." I laughed and looked at the grindylow again. "If you look at it closely, it looks like my mother-in-law."

"That's an insult for grindylows, Jade."
...

"Remus and Jade, wake up."

"Minnie? What the hell?" Remus woke up and threw a pillow at my face. "Wake up."

"I'm up. There was no fucking need for you to do that." I yawned and threw the pillow back at him. "What brings you here, Minnie?"

"It's Sirius. He entered the common room." Well that woke me up better than the pillow.

"He's an idiot. What do you expect?"

"Idiot!" I said frustratedly.

"It's Sirius we're talking about, Vix. Idiot is kinda in the description." Remus yawned.

"Who in their right mind would enter the Gryffindor common room, Remus? Who? It's certainly not for the nostalgia. He's up to something and it's not just about Harry." I started to pace but Minnie stopped me.

"This was at the table. I've been trying to understand it but I can't." Minnie said handing me two notes and a single black rose.

"He's here.

~Snuffles"

"The light of my life.

I see you.

~Snuffles"

"Well we must admire his dedication." Remus chuckled looking at the second note.

"Adorable. Stupid, but adorable."

"That's my stupid husband for you. Leaving shit in obvious places. But he knew that you would hand these to me, Minnie. That's why he left the notes there." I rolled my eyes and started to pace again.

"What does 'I see you' mean, Jade?" Minnie asked and I smiled softly.

"It was an inside joke we had when we started dating. During the war, whenever we saw each other after weeks apart we would say those words. I'm surprised he still remembers that."

"Okay, that's adorable." Remus smiled. "But what does the first one mean?"

"Beats me. He could be talking about anyone. I wish I could be of more help there."I shrugged and put the rose on top of the small nightstand.

"Dumbass, it's Wormtail!"

"James, she doesn't know he's alive. Remus doesn't know either."

"I hate it when Sirius writes in codes. JUST KILL HIM!"

"He escaped, toerag."

"UGHH! SIRIUS YOU DUMBFUCK!"

"Maybe you should send him a note back or something?" Minnie offered and I gave her a look. "Just so he knows that you're getting the notes."

"Yeah, but how? I don't know where he is."

"A patronus! Your patronuses are connected, right?" Remus asked and I nodded.

"So?"

"You may not know where he is, but your patronus might. Send out your patronus to him and we'll see what happens in a few weeks or months." I gave him a confused look but nodded and grabbed my wand.

"Find, but if this doesn't work, it's on your head Remus John Lupin." I warned and casted my patronus. "Go find Padfoot, wherever he is."

"I'll take my chances."

...

~Sirius POV~

Shit! I keep fucking up, don't I? I would've killed him if I wasn't so in shock from seeing Harry again. I wonder if Minnie gave Jade the notes. There wasn't any details but I didn't have the time. I had to leave before it was too late.

"Yeah, we could always count on you for being dramatic, huh? Idiot."

"James, he was leaving something so that Jade would know he's okay."

"But he's still an idiot."

I was too caught up in my thoughts that I almost didn't notice a very familiar patronus staring at me. It's her.

Jade's patronus jumped around for a bit making me laugh slightly and then it disappeared.

She sees me too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

426K 14.2K 30
❝It would be an honor to have my heart crushed by you.❞ The universe had never meant to bring Celeste Malfoy and Remus L...
1.1K 94 10
"𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒐 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒍𝒚" 𝒔𝒊𝒓𝒊𝒖𝒔 𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒙 𝒇𝒆𝒎!𝒐𝒄 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒖𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒆𝒓𝒂
188K 2.8K 21
These are just some scenarios I've thought of that are about Remus, Sirius, and James (sorry no peter). These are all going to be reader stories and...
3.8K 128 30
Remus Lupin- a confused teenage boy at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Remus has secrets, two big secrets. One of which the rest of his f...