π–πˆπ‹π‹πŽπ– || π™«π™–π™§π™žπ™€π™ͺοΏ½...

By constellarationss

❝ π™‡π™Šπ™Žπ™ 𝙄𝙉 𝙏𝙃𝙀 π˜Ύπ™π™π™π™€π™‰π™ 𝙇𝙄𝙆𝙀 𝘼 π™‹π™π™„π˜Ύπ™€π™‡π™€π™Žπ™Ž 𝙒𝙄𝙉𝙀. ❞ ― An adeptus freed from the... More

[𝟏]. windy moor
[𝟐]. storm rising
[πŸ‘]. sea of clouds
[πŸ’]. confront stormterror
[πŸ“]. with the wind
[πŸ”]. sunkissed
[πŸ–]. atlas
[πŸ—]. war hero
[𝟏𝟎]. yesteryear
[𝟏𝟏]. moonkissed
[𝟏𝟐]. who
[πŸπŸ‘]. remember the wind?
[πŸπŸ’]. trustfund baby
[πŸπŸ“]. kiss the sun and moon
[πŸπŸ”]. eye of the hurricane
[πŸπŸ•]. the dove
[πŸπŸ–]. sincerely, [y/n]
[πŸπŸ—]. let go
[𝟐𝟎]. the galaxy
[𝟐𝟏]. moonlight
[𝟐𝟐]. i see gold
[πŸπŸ‘]. destined
[πŸπŸ’]. my sea
[a/n] - end

[πŸ•]. dear liyue,

23.9K 1K 3.7K
By constellarationss

"Oh by the way, [Y/N]. What'd Mr. Spear-Man say in his letter?" Venti asked, walking alongside the girl as the two padded along the roads of Liyue, mountain formations and flowers erupting from the Earth with each step.

"That? Hmm..." Trailing off, [Y/N]'s attention directed to the birds, their wings spread wide to catch the wind of the sky.

"[Y/N],

I hope this letter sees you in good hands. It has been quite a while since I have directly sent you a letter, so I apologize for my absence. However, I heard that you have been doing well, so that is good.

How are you? Did you drink water? Make sure you do not overuse your vision, fatigue is not good.

Please make sure you rest. If you have the time, do not hesitate to pay a visit to Liyue. Since you have left, the city has prospered much more than you could imagine. I think you'd find joy in the kites that are made here.

Oh, and of course, attached to this package, I have given you some painkillers. I am sure dealing with that disgraceful drunkard must induce many migraines.

Safe travels, my dove. Make sure to not believe everything you see in Liyue.

Signed,

Morax."

"What? He called me disgraceful? The drunkard part I can understand... but disgraceful? How rude!" Venti huffed, crossing his arms as the adeptus sweatdropped.

"You did call him a brutish blundering buffoon..."

"Yeah, and I'd do it again!"

"Look! It's the mountains on the map! We're close to Liyue Harbor, Aether!" Paimon exclaimed, pointing at a rock formation excitedly, prompting the bard to grin mischievously.

"Ahem..." Venti cleared his throat, disintegrating his lyre.

You grimaced.

"Race ya!" The archon called, propelling himself up into the air as Paimon yelled angrily, chasing after him with a blonde on her tail.

"Hey, Bennett?" You turned your head over to the unlucky male, your [e/c] eyes meeting his lemon-lime ones.

"Hop on my back. We'll beat them all," Crouching down, Bennett warily looked around, worried that some dendro slime would appear out of nowhere.

"But [Y/N]! What if my bad luck does something bad?!"

"Nonsense. Luck isn't real if you think about it."

"O-okay..."

Cooperating, a weight was pressed against your back, an ambitious smirk making its way onto your lips as a fire heated up the soles of your shoes.

"Hold on tight," Feet digging into the ground below you, grass wilted prematurely, emerald gloss twisting into a molten black.

And off you went.

"Woah!" Bennett yelled, perched up on your back as you wove through Aether and Paimon, catching up to the archon as each of your steps left prints, reminders of your existence in Liyue.

"Ah! That's not fair!" Paimon wailed, struggling to catch up to the two pyro vision wielders.

"Life isn't fair!" Venti announced triumphantly, his hands on his hips as he stood atop the rock formations, a winning grin on his face as his forest cape swayed with the wind, mimicking the trees below.

Hopping on each rock crevice, you caught up to the idle bard, your breaths short and curt as Bennett wobbled off your back.

"Wow... this is so cool! Thanks, [Y/N]!" The earnest boy bent down, staring at the ground below as Aether caught up quickly.

"That was totally not fair! Tone-Deaf Bard can fly! [Y/N] can run really fast! Bennett can leech! Traveler could only run!" Paimon defended her friend, stomping the air angrily as Venti giggled.

"Haha! Maybe if he ran a bit faster, he would've beat us!"

"What?!"

"You're literally floating, Paimon. I don't think you get to complain about running."

"Floating is just as hard as running!"

Jolting upwards from beside you, you gazed warily at Venti, tilting your head in confusion as the boy shuddered.

"[Y/N]," He spoke, using his little prayer method as you blinked in confusion.

"I just got a prayer,

It was from that one pigeon boy who sits on the bridge at Mondstadt. Did you know what he prayed for?!"

Shaking your head, the bard took a deep breath, continuing on.

"He prayed for me... Barbatos... to become a BETTER archon?!

The audacity!"

". . . " You processed what the archon had said, your mouth slightly open as Venti crossed his arms.

"Tell the poor boy's dad to come back home. Then you'll be a great archon," You mumbled, averting your eyes on purpose to avoid seeing the bard cover his heart in a feigned hurt.

"How mean!" He cried.

"The view... Paimon has never seen anything like it!" The elf exclaimed, watching the sunset over Liyue. The group had opted to take the route of the mountain instead of the path. After all, what fun was taking the normal route when you could take the scenic one?

"It truly is a marvelous city... Liyue has advanced miraculously since I last visited," Venti rested a hand on his hip, a proud smile on his face as lights illuminated the waters, the houses of each residence were a beautiful orange, matching the sky above them.

Gazing over at his adeptus companion, the bard's proud smile morphed into a soft one, his cerulean eyes closing as [Y/N] stared at the city before her in awe.

Before, Liyue was no more than a few straw houses in the middle of Guili Plains.

Now? It was the center of contracts and attractions. Filled with life and love, Liyue had grown tremendously since she last stepped foot in the land of geo.

Taking a deep breath, the scent of barbeque filled her nostrils. Excited chatters and squeals of children... such mortal happiness that could only be found in a place as comforting as Liyue Harbor.

"It's as cool as the storybooks!" Bennett exclaimed, pulling out a picture of a sketched out harbor, blue, orange, yellow, and red painting the sheet.

A storybook... that's where Liyue came from.

And, in that storybook... perhaps, [Y/N] was the character who had strayed from home, only to find herself returning once more.

Ah, home.

That was what Liyue was, and always would be.

—As if the city had heard her thoughts, lights flashed on and off, welcoming her arrival like she were a war hero.

"Well? What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Paimon exclaimed, floating down the mountain as Aether and Bennett followed suit, excited cheers and laughs echoing through the peaks of the stone formation.

"Ah, youth," Venti sighed in exasperation, glimpsing quickly over to you.

In a matter of seconds, your form was engulfed by arms, your back pressed against the bard's chest as he lifted the both of you into the air, gliding into Liyue with a smile that only widened as you covered your face with your hands.

How embarrassing.

"Go to sleeep!! [Y/NNNN]!" Venti wailed, dragging the girl by her arm back to the inn Aether had rented.

"No," She replied bluntly, narrowing her gaze as the archon matched her piercing glare.

Ouh. That's scary.

Lurching forward, [e/c] eyes widened as soon as the bard tickled the girl, sending her falling to the ground as the archon laughed, his orbs crinkling in amusement.

"Mission accomplished!" Venti whisper-yelled, pumping his fist triumphantly into the air as you were sound asleep on the bed of your rented room. A proud huff left his lips, closing the door behind him as he left you to sleep.

The archon knew you rarely got any sleep. In fact, in the centuries he spent with you, you've only slept for full nights thirty times.

Thirty. Thirty full sleep-nights in a matter of centuries.

Concerning, isn't it?

Hey! At least now, it was thirty-one! Not thirty!

Yet as the door closed behind you, [e/c] eyes shot open, staring past the moonlit window as stars twinkled above.

Maybe just one day, you'd let the bard win.

And off you went, succumbing to the hands of sleep, lulls of the archon's lyre cradling you to sleep as you could only assume he sat outside your door, fingers plucking each string.

"[Y/NNN]!" Venti cooed, prodding your cheek with his index finger as he sat atop your bed, beside your form as [e/c] irises drowsily blinked open.

"Hehe! Rise and shine, sunshine!" The male exclaimed, hauling you out of bed as the bard dragged you out of your room. My, how the turntables.

"Oh, they're ba—" Aether cut off, his mouth forming a thin line as he stared at the blue-haired boy that was dragging you out of your room.

"Tone-Deaf Bard!? What'd you do! [Y/N] looks dead!" Paimon cried, rushing to the girl who was just now awakening, her vision gleaming with each move she made to stand up.

"Hey! I didn't do anything!" Venti defended himself, a smile contradicting his statement as Bennett appeared with some golden shrimp balls.

"Let's eat! The Rite of Descension is later, right?" The unlucky male sat down at a bench cautiously, worried that it'd fall.

"Oh yeah... the Rite! I forgot about that... ehe..." Poking two of her index fingers together, Paimon averted her eyes from the Traveler's piercing gaze.

"Maybe Rex Lapis can tell me how to find my sister," Aether stared down at his palms, a saddened expression painting his face with blues and greys.

"Yahoo! Let's go! To the descension of a buff gorilla!" Venti exclaimed, grabbing your wrist as he tugged you along with the wind, rushing to get some golden shrimp balls before attending the Rite.

"Paimon told you! If you keep insulting Rex Lapis on his own land, he's gonna behead us!"

"Haha! He wouldn't dare!" Venti grinned, doing a two-fingered salute before running off into the crowds of Liyue, your figure trailing behind him.

As you were being dragged along like a wind chime, you swore you saw a flash of brown and amber before you lost yourself completely in the havoc of the streets.

"Woahh! These jade parcels are really good, [Y/N]! Have a bite!" The bard twinkled, holding out the cuisine for the girl to take a bite of.

"Huh, you're right," [Y/N] nodded, munching on the Liyue specialty as Aether waved from amidst the crowd.

"Hm?" Venti blinked, noticing the blonde as Aether gestured towards Yujing Terrace.

"It's time," [E/C] eyes closed, the vision on [Y/N]'s waist illuminating a crimson red, her heart thumping against her chest.

"Let's go!" The archon exclaimed, dragging the [e/c]-eyed girl down the stairs, a small smile churning on her face like the hues of her pyro vision.

Liyue had grown so much since she had last visited.

But now, it was finally time for her to see the one friend who she had managed to keep in touch with, even over the thousands of miles in between.

No, not Mr. Mighty Yaksha Man.

But instead—Rex Lapis.

"The best time to make a wish is right now, if I'm not mistaken," You hummed, staring out into the ocean blanky as the waves cascaded against the shore, marine life weaving in between the docks and ships of the harbor.

"Ooh! Where do we wish, [Y/N]?" Bennett asked, excitedly looking around for an area, rubbing his hands as if he were making a fire.

"Wait, not there—!" Reaching out, Venti tried grabbing the Traveler back from heading to the altar.

"Halt! Those not involved in the proceedings are not permitted to go any further!" A Millelith guard announced, holding his flimsy spear to the side, a stone-cold expression on his face.

"Ah..." Venti facepalmed, a disappointed sigh leaving his lips.

"Millelith... always so inefficient," You crossed your arms, the urge to 'diplomatically' beat them up skyrocketing.

"Now, now... they're just doing their jobs!" A close-eyed smile appeared on the bard's face, patting your back as he sweatdropped.

'That's such a Master Diluc thing to say! But now, we're in Liyue!' The archon thought.

"What center is this?" Bennett tilted his head, gazing over at [Y/N] with uncertainty as the girl didn't bother to look at the censer.

"The adepti one. Make a wish here for one of the adepti's blessings," The girl mused, the irony screaming at both her and Venti, the only two who knew about her secret.

"Oh, you want some adepti luck too?" A woman with brown hair and a silk gown smiled, nodding appreciatively at the three visitors.

"Adepti...?" Bennett fidgeted nervously, confused as to what that was.

"The adepti! You don't know who they are?" The woman gasped, taken aback from the knowledge of Bennett. However, her jaw-dropping gaze quickly turned into a smile, happy to be able to inform some outsiders of Liyue's pride and joy.

"Do you happen to know what the adepti are as well, [Y/N]? I must admit, I am quite confused," Venti whispered cheekily into [Y/N]'s ear, hopping away gleefully as she clenched her fists.

I'm going to plummet him. She seethed, forcing herself to stand beside Bennett as the Liyue citizen educated the unlucky boy about the adepti.

"What's going on here?" Paimon appeared from behind the former adeptus' form, peering at the merchant who was talking enthusiastically about the adepti.

"Oh! Aether! She's talking about the guardians of Liyue! Let's listen!" The mascot tugged the blonde, urging him to listen to the merchant as Aether merely nodded.

"Long ago, after the archon war, Rex Lapis tasked a group of powerful individuals to defend Liyue.

The jobs of the adepti were to take care of Liyue's people and guide them, while also defending the land from danger.

Many died. Their forms sinking into the Earth and giving back to the world that had cultivated their beautiful city. Some fell into insanity, killing each other off. But the few that remain still watch over Liyue today."

"Isn't that a similar story that the Tone-Deaf Bard told us about?" The floating pixie gasped, amazed that Venti was actually of historic use.

"Venti told you the story of the Five Guardian Yakshas and an altered version of the Dove and the Snake. Not the story about the adepti as a whole," [Y/N] mused, impressed that Paimon could put her 'brain juice' to work.

"Altered..?" Tilting her head, the mascot moved her hands behind her back as the adeptus sighed, blaming Venti for all of this confusion.

For starters, there is no Yaksha in The Dove and the Snake.

"The Dove and the Snake... such a sad story indeed..." The merchant sighed, memories resurfacing in her mind.

"Anyhow! I'm done with my wishes, so you can make yours now! I apologize for holding you up!" The woman waved, rushing off into the crowd as Bennett and Aether exchanged looks, clapping their hands together in a prayer-like position.

The [e/c]-eyed girl could only cringe at the absolute irony of watching her friends pray at an altar dedicated to the adepti.

"Alright! Now that we're done with all of the wishes, let's wait for the Rite to begin!" Paimon exclaimed, excitedly pumping her fists into the air as Bennett hopped around energetically.

"Wooh! I am so excited to see the blockhead!" Venti wooed, a hand on his waist as Aether sweatdropped at the hyper party.

Heck. Even [Y/N] was pumped. Her [e/c] eyes twinkled under the light, excited to see the Geo Archon.

Personally, the Traveler didn't care much for the archons. They were just helping him get a step closer to finding his sister once more.

"We gotta get up front! We can't see squat back here!" Paimon huffed, fluttering beside Aether as the blonde moved up front, disturbing some locals as Bennett, Venti, and [Y/N] stayed back.

"Oh? Why aren't you joining them, Bennett?" The bard tilted his head, glancing at Bennett with a 'you youngins should enjoy the time you have now' look.

"I don't want to attract bad luck..." The boy trailed off, averting his eyes from the two immortals as they exchanged saddened glances.

A woman with pearl white hair and a red headpiece. Her attire was golden and white, elegant and professional.

"The hour is upon us," The lady, Ningguang, spoke. Crouching down, geo crystals swirled in the palm of her hand, lighting up as a grand offering for Rex Lapis was present.

It's time... [Y/N] shifted anxiously from one leg to another, nervously fiddling with her fingers as Venti's delicate features turned into a soft smile.

"Calm down. What would the rock man think if he saw you bouncing around like a slime?" The bard laughed, a hand on his waist as he stared down at the terrace from his spot among the mountains.

The amber rocks in the palm of Lady Ningguang's hands flew around her being, then towards the altar. Spinning around like the Earth rotating the Sun, the rocks plugged into each angle of the summon like a missing puzzle piece.

A bright light erupted from the small altar, the clouds swirling to make way for the sunny beacon as gold trickled from the sides of the beam like an ocean of Mora.

The clouds formed a whirlpool, similar to that of the battle against Dvalin. The pearl white soon turned grey, gold and yellow mixing with the dull color as red bolts of lightning struck.

Wait... [Y/N] started, an uneasy feeling settling in the pit of her stomach.

Glancing over at Venti, the bard must've noticed it too. The two immortals shared a look of nervousness as they stared back at the thundering clouds, a brown and yellow shell slamming against the ground.

A cloud of smoke filled the terrace, the lungs of bystanders and the eyes of locals dulling under the sudden arrival.

The [e/c]-eyed girl's breath hitched.

There it was.

Rex Lapis' dragon form. The archon's brown and gold hues of life and agile body clashed upon the offerings of kindness.

She blinked.

That's not normal.

Leaning down, Lady Ningguang examined the corpse, her eyes darting over the shell of Morax.

[Y/N]'s heart pounded in her chest, stumbling back as Venti stabilized her from clashing with the ground, a worried expression on his face as he covered the girl's eyes, not wanting her to bear the sight of her archon on the ground.

Maybe Morax miscalculated. Perhaps it was a mistake. Maybe he's just tired... Thoughts ran in circles, avoiding the obvious truth in the center of her mind as the girl tried everything but that.

A warm hand covered her eyelids. The black abyss of her sights doing nothing to calm her down from the onslaught of reality, blades and spears pointed at her throat with a choking grip.

The two had seen death far too many times to count, the sight of it was not hard to distinguish.

Venti gulped, staring at the carcass of his friend.

The two knew. Well, one knew. The other was still in denial, clawing for another way out of the hole of truth.

Rex Lapis is dead.

Stepping back from the archon, Ningguang spun around her, her palm outstretched as the murmurs of the crowds echoed in the air.

"Rex Lapis has been killed! Seal the exits!" The woman yelled, commanding the Millelith by the string of her fingers, the military force swarming the terrace like a bee and honey.

Bennett gulped, nervously looking around as his lime eyes landed on [Y/N], whose [e/c] irises were covered by the bard, Venti stood beside her, drawing circles into the small of her back.

"Is... is he dead?!" The unlucky male cried, seeking Venti for answers as the archon nodded.

"I need to go help Aether! He's going to get swarmed by the guards!" The pale boy cried, sparing a single glance to [Y/N].

"I'll tell him where the two of you are, okay?" He fastened his pouches, preparing for an escape as Venti waved him off.

"Shh.. [Y/N]... it's okay," Venti murmured solemnly, the quiet memories of the girl doing nothing to make the sad atmosphere better.

Perhaps, the scariest part was not the fact that Rex Lapis was dead—instead, it was of the fact that, even with his gestures of reassurance...

The adeptus didn't respond.

With the wind howling in the bard's ear, the peak of the mountain bringing a sense of familiarity with the cool breeze of the past.

"No matter how many times we see death, it still strikes a wound as fresh as the first," Rex Lapis spoke, overlooking Guyun Stone Forest.

Sealed gods crumbled and fell, sealed by the spears of order as two adepti stood beside the archon, their gazes unwavering to the destruction that had fallen.

"Death is inevitable. One day you and I will fall as well," Rex Lapis turned around, amber eyes piercing the forms of his two adepti allies.

"But I hope... that when I fade, you will carry on the legacy of Liyue. They are wonderful people, all of them."

A male with green markings on his arm stiffened, exchanging a glance with the girl beside him as the purple diamond on his forehead crinkled slightly at the thought of Morax falling.

"I cannot promise that," [Y/N] spoke, startling the two other adepti as she glanced out at the ever-moving ocean.

"...But I do promise to be by your side for as long as I can."

"What?" Xiao blinked in disbelief, his eyebrows furrowed as he stared at the [e/c]-eyed girl.

"Are you implying that you will perhaps fall in battle before us?" Rex Lapis spoke, a sense of somber hues in his tone.

"Yes," She spoke, remembering her mother and father who had raised her from the ground up.

"I was never good at keeping contracts or promises. But for Liyue...

That is my contract."

You chuckled bitterly, still standing beside the bard as soft hums left his throat, soothing your rapid heartbeat.

He's not dead. You told yourself, repeating that same sentence over and over again, hoping that the answer would change.

. . .

It didn't.

"They're here! Arrest them!" The Millelith yelled, cornering Aether as the blonde unsheathed his sword, golden eyes darting around the area as spears pointed all around the traveler.

"Hey buddy! Hold still," A new, lighter voice called. Appearing from nowhere, a ginger with dull blue eyes and a red scarf jumped down, blades of hydro in the palm of his hands as a smirk was drawn onto his face.

Spinning around with a swift movement, a riptide appeared, blood and water oozing together like a crude alchemy experiment as the unknown male tilted his head.

"Let's go. Follow me," Jumping off the platform, the male disappeared with Aether and Paimon, rushing off into the crowds of Liyue as spears dropped to the ground, blood seeping into the crevices of the rock, reinforcements chasing the otherworldly traveler as others stayed behind to help their fallen soldiers.

"Phew, Paimon is exhausted!" The mascot exclaimed, panting for air as Aether warily looked around the crowded streets of Liyue, hoping to distinguish his friends among the strangers.

"Where are they...?" Spinning around, Paimon could only narrow her eyes for any sight of the other party members.

"Aether!" A voice cried in the collage of people, prompting the blonde to look out, his eyes widening as soon as he saw Bennett flimsily waving his hands in the air.

"Wait! Just who are you exactly?" Paimon huffed, glaring daggers at the unknown ginger, her eyebrows furrowed to appear intimidating.

"Call me Childe," The boy charmingly said, winking at the mascot.

"Childe? What? So we're supposed to dote on you?"

"Haha, no no, not at all. It's an alias of sorts," Waving his hands, Childe merely smirked, a shit-eating grin on his face as Bennett rushed up the stairs to meet up with Aether.

"In Mondstadt, I don't suppose you came across a "Signora" by any chance?" The orange-headed male mused, asking a question that he already had an answer to.

"Signora.. Childe..." Paimon trailed off, flinching as soon as the realization struck her.

"You're Fatui! one of the Harbingers!" The mascot pointed accusingly at Childe, Aether following suit as he ushered Bennett away, preparing to leave.

"Signora gave you quite the bad impression huh? Tsk, that woman... Can't say I'm a fan either. But come on, hear me out!" Resting a gloved hand on Aether's shoulder, the blonde jerked his head around, unsheathing his sword.

"I'm not a bad guy... Okay perhaps I'm kind of a bad guy, but I'm not here to give you any trouble. Would it be too much to ask for you to keep the sword sheathed?" Giving the otherworldly traveler a close-eyed smile, Bennett could only shift anxiously from one foot to another.

"Where's [Y/N] and Venti?" Aether whispered to Bennett, covering his lips as to not allow Childe to read any information.

"They're back at the terrace. Something bad happened," Bennett responded in the same tone of voice, only increasing the blonde's worry as he faced Childe.

"I heard of your deeds in Mondstadt, so I couldn't help but notice you during the proceedings back there. And because I had my eye on you the whole time, I know it wasn't you. Someone else was clearly behind it. But... regrettably, given I'm a Fatui envoy from Snezhnaya... there's no way I'd be trusted after something of this magnitude."

Childe dawdled on, building up to some information that the traveler just wanted to punch out of the Harbinger.

"But right now, if you want to clear yourselves of any suspicion – you need to get yourselves to Northland Bank. Staying here isn't an option. As the old Liyue saying goes: "The walls have ears.""

"Here, let me give you this," Childe handed Aether a strange talisman, engravings of Liyue's language stroked onto the thin paper as the ginger merely shrugged.

"This is a..." Paimon looked up, expecting answers.

"I'm not sure, exactly. Sometimes, all money can buy is 'things' and not a name for oneself. All I know is that it's a sigil. A sigil to keep the "mighty and illuminated adepti" from bringing harm to you."

"Adepti?" The mascot echoed, speaking for Aether who couldn't keep his golden eyes off the sigil.

" If you head north from the harbor, then west from Guili Plains, you will eventually reach a stone forest known as Jueyun Karst," Childe explained, well-versed in the traditions of Liyue.

"The people of Liyue believe it to be the abode of the adepti," He added, sparing a glance over to Aether who raised his eyebrows.

"Isn't it just a legend?" The traveler tilted his head, stuffing the sigil into his bag.

"Legend or not, they believe it. As such, offerings to the adepti are made at its borders. Nobody dares venture in. But I have no need for believing – not when I know for a fact that the adepti truly exist," Childe smirked, a hand rested on his waist.

"Hate to admit it but your Fatui intel seems alright. But, why would we go looking for adepti anyway?" Paimon crossed her arms, refusing to acknowledge Childe's intel.

"Ha, oh my little friend. There are plenty of reasons mortals seek the blessings of adepti. Money, health, love... But you... you will go for justice," The Harbinger explained, his dull eyes steeling over at the mention of justice.

"The Millelith have been dispatched. They'll be seeking the assassin out, and right now, you're one of the highest suspects. The Northland bank can't hold off the Millelith for long, but the adepti can clear you of any wrongdoing.

"Liyue was founded by the Geo Archon and the adepti. Of course, it was built by force."

Childe shared a toothy grin, his eyebrows furrowing in ambition as the bangs of his fiery orange hair covered the contrasting cool blue eyes.

"If there is anyone in Liyue that can help you now, it can only be the mighty and illuminated adepti."

"[Y/N]..." Venti trailed off, observing the girl beside him quietly as she stared off at the sky, her eyes blank, hardly any signs of previous distress being shown.

From the beginning, it had been Rex Lapis that pulled me out of clutches. He was the reason I didn't fall to the knives of demons and evil gods...

She blinked.

"Rex Lapis is the reason I can't die, Venti," Her breathing sped up, her muscles threatening to stiffen up once more as the archon sat her up, patting her back to prevent her from choking on the salt of her own emotions.

Perhaps, if she were mortal, things would be alright. To take a last breath and close her eyes, leaving the sins and terrors of her current life behind, starting a new one with a fresh new name and eyes.

To be mortal was fleeting. A mortal wouldn't understand the beauty in the life they hold, yet they learn so much from it. They enjoy emotions and love, money and happiness...

They have a free pass away from the ground, away from their fears.

Ironically enough, mortals desired to be immortal, deeming the eternal gift as lucky and prized..

Yet immortals wished to be mortal... and sadly, being mortal was one of the very things they'd never achieve in their countless years of life.

The wind picked up, the familiar scent of Liyue fluttering into her nose, her hair, her being.

Mondstadt was nowhere near here, for Liyue was home.

But now, the one person who had made it home... was gone.

Memories upon memories, years upon years...

—Yet it was all but a shell of the presence of Morax.

Venti glanced at the sky, the sun was cold against his skin, his hands cold with the loss of your touch meshed with his.

"Let's go find Aether," Standing up, Venti pressed your lips to his torso, the wind whirling around you, lifting you up like a butterfly.

"Perhaps he has a plan," The bard smiled, brushing the top of your head with his slender hands, the wind caressing you as the soft hums of the archon strummed your wounded heart to sleep.

Pain wasn't uncommon, but it seemed that with every passing knife that your heart took... it hurt just as bad as the first.

Blood dripped and trickled down, but in the end...

You were still standing, and that's all that matters.

[a/n]: hey wattpad readers 😉 whats poppin ? 

as of 2.17.2021 willow is at 950 hearts on quotev!! im shocked, like, so much. and i might do a q&a about willow (like, the direction of willow, zhongli, etc..) so stay tuned for that! (and feel free to ask some questions in the comments. i'll try to respond to them! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

277K 7.1K 35
What if Xiao wasn't the last Yaksha? What if one of the "dead" Yakshas survived? Karmic Debt. Madness. Could anyone possibly survive that? The answer...
19.8K 460 14
when she was asked to babysit the anemo archon during his stay in liyue, she wasn't expecting him to have her begging to be fucked by a god, especial...
22.2K 914 16
A number of people brutally slaughtered overnight, Fontaine is up in flames and the killer is yet to be caught, the motive for the crime is unknown b...
75.6K 3.6K 34
❝ Is this another bitter herb you're forcing me to eat, you mortal? ❞ ❝ No, little Xiao, it is simply a pretty flower. ❞ β€· 𝘟π˜ͺ𝘒𝘰 𝘹 𝘨/𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘒π˜₯...