More Then Just Broken

By LunaEmbers

Book one of the 'Broken' Series Was originally called 'Broken Mate'. Normality was something Gem would never... More

Characters and Warnings
1. Hate
2. Lucky
3. New Girl
4. Overdue Death
5. Hang Myself
6. Future Alpha
7. Mate
8. Suicidal Meets Naked
9. Hospital Like Heaven
10. Raped Prostitute
11. Urges For My Mate
12. Homeless
13. Expiring Date
14. Mom's Gone.
15. Wanted Back Home
16. Vampyrs?
17. Funarel Approval.
19. Stripping In Danger
20. Real Or Not
21. Gifts And Powers
22. Kiss After Reject
23. Forget The Hurt.
24. Selfish
25. Self harm
26. Addy's Mate
More Characters
27. Kill All Wolves
28. Abused Again
29. Not Human
30. To Do List
31. Red Dress
32. Mount Drako
33. Perfect
34. Chase's Room
Authors Note
35. Challenge
36. Coma
37. Ezmaralda
38. Blur
39. Gone
40. My Bride
41. Nicola
42. Werewolf King
43. Slapped The King
44. Wings
45. Everything
Authors Note

18. Someone's Watching

1K 34 3
By LunaEmbers

EDITED

Today was a Sunday and me and Adeline were getting ready for the funeral.

My original plan was to wear black pants and a black top but Adeline gave me a whole lecture about me having to wear a dress because it shows a sign of respect or whatever.

I only agreed to wear a dress just so she can shut up. So she pulled out a dress from my closet that I didn't even know i had.

To be honest the dress was kinda cute. I wore the dress with black flats.

Adelines dress was just as pretty,
She wore it with black sandles. She looked spactacuar.

She also did my makeup since I only used makeup to hide my bruises. She didn't put to much she just put some eyeliner, mascara and a natural pink glossy lipstick.

She also did the same with herself but put a red glossy lipstick instead.

She looked amazing.

She decided that I should leave my hair hanging while she tied hers into a neat bun.

I've never been one to complement myself but I looked good.

We both did.

Well she looked better....

We took our clutch bags and walked downstairs.

"You girls look amazing" Jenna said with a small smile on her face.

I could feel Chase's gaze from behind me, for some reason I just knew it was him.

"Ey Chase eyes up here" Adeline said after catchinv he looking at me up and down making me nervous.

"By the way you are looking at Gem I'm guessing she looks Hot with a capital H" Adeline said giggling.

I turn into a red tomato.

And at the moment I wish the ground could just swallow me whole. I hated attention.

"She does look good" Chase said while looking at me straight in the eye. His voice slightly deeper and his eyes....

Gold.

Do his eyes really turn gold.

I tore my gaze and pulled Adeline to the car so we can go to my house then the funeral.

"So tell me why again you want to go to your house?" she asks starting the car.

"Well I've got some books and other staff I want to take"

"Okay then. Destination to your house. Purpose to go get books."
She said trying to imitate a robot.

I giggled at how stupid she sounded.

"Hey, can I ask you something" I said, thinking about Chases eyes.

"Yeah..shoot"

"Why do Chases eyes change colour, Is it some sort of rare diagnoses or something, is he okay."

She starts getting nervous. Her grip on the staring wheel tightened.

"Um..well...Look you need to ask Chase that. He is the only one who can give you an answer. It's not my story to tell" she said suddenly serious.

We stayed in silence for a few minutes until I started getting uncomfortable so I decide to turn on the radio and the song Dusk till dawn started playing.

"I'll be with
from dusk till dawn
I'll be with you
from dusk till dawn
baby
I'm right here" Adeline sang along with her bad singing.

I couldn't help but chuckle but I immediately stopped when I started to feel like we were being watched.

"Hey Ad, I feel...weird, like we're being watched. Do you feel it too?" I asked her cautiously looking around.

It could possible be the killer who has been killing those people including my mother. More people have been found dead and after about 2 days some of them disappear.

She started sniffing the air.

"Wh-what are you doing" I asked her with a worried expression .

She was acting like some dog.

"Umm...nothing, I don't think anyone's watching us you are probably just imagining things" she said brushing the idea of someone watching us.

I still couldn't shake of the feeling but I just pushed it to the back of my head and continued listening to the song that was playing.

We finally got to my house and i took the key that has always stayed under the mat and unlocked the door.

I figured that my dad and Alice were already at the cemetery. I went upstairs to my room and started packing my books and drawings.

I felt the urge to go to my mom's room, so once I was done I went to their room and looked around.

I could feel the tears wanting to fall but I didn't let them. As I was about to head out i saw an envelop on the floor next to the walk in closet. So me being curious I picked it up and saw that my name was written neatly on the front.

I took the paper and put it in the plastic bag that had my books and drawings in it.
I made a mental note to look at it when we got back.

I got out of the house then locked it and placed the key under the mat.
We arrived at the funeral and i could see some off my cousins, my mom's sister and my dad.

We didn't have much family, so there weren't alot of people at the funeral. Plus most of them were distant relatives and they didn't like me.

Me and Adeline walked hand in hand to were they were seated.

The funeral was over and I shed only a few tears but that was it.

It's funny how people stretch the truth at funerals. I mean suddenly my mom was a great woman and an even better mother.
Aunt Flora's words not mine.

Me and Adeline started heading towards her car when my dad called out for me and i froze.

Oh no

"Where are you going" he asked getting closer to me

I held Adelines hand tighter.

"I asked you a question, Where the Fu*k are you going!"

"Sorry to interrupt but as you can see she doesn't want to talk to you" Adeline said earning a glare from my dad.

"You are not going anywhere, you will come back with me and Alice" my dad spat.

"I'm not g-going anywhere with you dad. You kicked me out, remember" I said suddenly feeling confident.

"You littl-" my dad said, almost slapping me only to be stopped by Adeline.

She held his arm.

Does she want to die or what!

Plus how is she strong enough to hold my dads arm. A man full grown adult.

Something is up with the Travis family.

Chases eyes change colour, he stares at me like I am his possession yet never makes any moves to approach me, Adeline is freakishly strong for an 18 year old, Mr Travis growls like an animal when he is angry and Jenna seems to freeze like she is having a mental conversation with herself.

As much as I wanted to know why they acted so....So inhuman I felt like once I found out everything would change.

They are hiding something and it's big.

"Gem let's go" she said after letting go of my dad's arm. My dad kept on shouting and calling my name, telling me I'll pay and that I owe him my life.

She pulled me towards her car.
We got in the car and she drove.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6M 157K 27
Chloe was beaten and abused by her pack. Her mate rejecting her is the last straw. Unable to deal with it all she runs away. Meeting a new pack and f...
962K 19.1K 24
Meet Evangeline Marie Wisteria - A werewolf who was abused and tortured by her pack, The Moonlight Pack. The rejection of her mate, Alpha Xavier Maxw...
81.1K 2.4K 23
Not your typical rejection story. You know the stories of the broken abused girl, who gets rejected by her mate only to run away become badass and th...
7.9K 194 23
Preview- I looked up at him and sniffled. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I was scared of rejection." "Crystal I would NEVER reject you. You're...