The Dollhouse

By JKLIZ161

"Perfection was all I ever strived for at a young age, and at a young age it was always easy for me to be...p... More

Chapter 1: First Encounters
Chapter 2: First Date
Chapter 3: Minor Surgery
Chapter 4: The Morning After
Chapter 5: After Date Gossip
Chapter 6: Our Day Apart
Chapter 7: Second Date
Chapter 8: An Unforgetable Night
Chapter 9: An Awkward Morning
Chapter 10: Hospital Visit
Chapter 11: The Incident
Chapter 12: Aftermath
Chapter 13: One Month Later
Chapter 14: Taken
Chapter 15: His Rules
Chapter 16: Welcome to the Dollhouse
Chapter 17: Revelations
Chapter 18: Goodnight, Sweetheart
Chapter 19: My First Week
Chapter 20: Everyone's Got a Past
Chapter 21: His For The Taking
Chapter 22: Defeat
Chapter 23: After The Storm
Chapter 24: Be A Good Girl
Chapter 25: Laurel
Chapter 26: Complacency
Chapter 28: Plotting and Planning
Chapter 29: Prelude to Escape
Chapter 30: Escape
Chapter 31: Black and Blue and No Hope For You
Chapter 32: Twenty-Four Days
Chapter 33: Surviving
Chapter 34: The Test
Chapter 35: Abby
Chapter 36: Reactions
Chapter 37: Plans
Chapter 38: The Fight
Chapter 39: Release
Chapter 40: Goodbye
Chapter 41: Fire
Chapter 42: The Hospital
Not An Update, Seeking Advice
Chapter 43: A Visit from the Detectives
Chapter 44: Epilogue
Book 2 Coming Soon???

Chapter 27: Audrey

2.5K 95 40
By JKLIZ161

Evelyn

"Since you have been a good girl, Evelyn. I'll tell you a story, sound good, hmm?"

I nodded, letting my curiosity get the better of me. I needed to know what I was up against. I needed to know what to do and not to do. I needed to survive. And I needed to see if I could use anything to my advantage if I ever hoped to escape in a way that was other than death.

Liam

I saw her sitting alone in the coffee shop, eyes engrossed on her cellphone, oblivious to the world around her, no clue that my eyes had been staring to her at her for a few minutes now.  The slightest smirk graced her perfect angelic heart shaped face as she typed away on that pesky little device.

I had just gone in to get coffee before heading in to see my first patient and low and behold there she was just sitting there, waiting for me.  Perfection was the word that came to mind as I laid eyes on her. Her long pin-straight jet black hair cascaded down her shoulders and ended below her rib cage. She wore a black V-neck t-shirt that showed too much of her ample chest, beneath that she wore tight dark skinny jeans, and black thigh high boots. Her lips were painted crimson red. Her eyes were so entranced in her phone that I could only see the thick black mascara lined eyelashes hiding their hue.

"Audrey," the barista called out which made my perfect doll head perk up, revealing eyes bluer than sapphire.

I was in love.

Her slim body stood from her chair and sauntered over to the counter to retrieve her drink.

"Thanks," she said, her voice high and light, just a whisper in the wind and started walking towards the spot where I stood.

I dropped my briefcase and as I came up from grabbing it, I made sure to bump into her, hard enough that the dropped from her dainty fingers and fell to the floor, spilling upon impact.

"I'm so sorry," I said lifting her nearly empty cup from the floor.

"It's okay," she said her voice light and airy, the sound of a heavenly angel that had graced me when her presence.

"Let me buy you a new one," I offered.

"You don't have to," she replied sweetly.

"I insist," I said flashing her a smile that would charm the pants off many.

"Well if you insist," she replied.

And the rest that followed was sweet, pure, bliss.

Six Months Later

It had been nothing but pure perfection ever since I had met Audrey. I couldn't get enough of her and she couldn't get enough of me. I tried to see her as much as I could, but my other dolls still needed attention.

It was unfortunate, all I had every wanted was everyone to love me, but the only love I wanted now was Audrey's.

She had a late night class at her college that fateful night that brought her home to my dollhouse. She was working hard to get her masters degree.

If only she knew she would never need to work again if she would just let me take care of her.

I decided to surprise her. She left her apartment unlocked all the time. I warned her it was a bad idea, that just anyone could come in, but I knew she wouldn't mind if that anyone was me.

I made her dinner. Me. A person who has never cooked in my life. I read the recipe word for word. Memorized the steps to create my dish and made a picture perfect lasagna, her favorite.

I set the table for two. Placed candles of her favorite vanilla sent on it. Placed a bouquet of daisies, her favorite, in the center and sat and waited and waited and waited.

It took no more than 15, maybe 25 on a bad day minutes to get from school to home. It was now 28 minutes.

Don't be hasty, I thought but deep down I had that sick in my gut feeling.

At 32 minutes I began to pace. I felt disgust myself, with my lack of control.

At 37 minutes I began to repeatedly call and text with no response.

Finally, at 45 minutes the door open and in she walked with a classmate. They were laughing and smiling at one another.

I saw the way he looked at my doll, my Audrey. He wanted her. I knew his thoughts. I knew what he would plan to do to her if I hadn't been here. Kiss her, touch her, fuck her.

"Liam," she exclaimed as it finally hit her I was in the room.

The classmate looked from me to her, clearly confused.

"Why are you here," she asked coming closer, the boy following a few steps behind.

"I made you dinner," I declared motioning to my elaborate table settings and meal.

"Oh, Liam, that was so sweet, but I thought I had told you I was studying for mid-terms tonight," she tried to lie, shifting uncomfortably from foot to foot, sending anxious glances in the boys direction.

"No, no you did not," I seethe as the boy comes closer, seeing the anger brewing on my face.

"Is there a problem," he asks boldly.

"Kyle, it's okay," she says touching his chest to stop his approach and I lost it.

My world turned black, it was the first time I had felt this feeling since my parents had died.

The next 45 minutes pass in a blur. I just remember screams, cries, the gurgle of blood in someone's throat, the falling of objects as she tried to escape, the thud of her head as it bounces off the hardwood floor and places her in an unconscious state.

The blackness only dissipates once the silence returns.

I've made a mess. Blood everywhere. Fingerprints. Fibers. Hair. I surely will be found out, so I do the only thing I can think of. I take the candles and place them on the floor.

I watch as the fire begins to slowly spread, claiming its path as it licks its way across each floorboard.

I wait for some time, watching the fire grow in its intensity before I finally lift Audrey into my arms and take her home, where she has always belonged.

3 Days Later

Audrey is not transitioning to home as well as I'd first hoped.

The first day she spends crying and pleading with me to let her leave. I find it pathetic, so unlike the brave girl I had met months prior. She's jumped from airplanes, climbed mountains, swam with sharks, and yet she cries over being with me, the person she was meant for?

The second day that spark of tenacity and zest in my girl returns. She yells, spits insults at me, she even tried to hit me with a decorative clock on her nightstand, which she receives a black eye for. I hate tarnishing her perfect face, but she has to learn.

On day three, she acts the part of the loving girlfriend. She tries to win me over. Tells me she loves me. Kisses me, even sleeps with me, but it was all an act. I should've been smarter, should've known, but I loved her, craved her, desired her, I just had to be close to her again.

She escapes from the room as I go to use the restroom. She doesn't get far of course all the doors are locked.

I find her running from me, fear embellished on her perfect eyes as she runs down the stairs to the basement, so so foolish.

She realizes she's corned, there's no way out of this dark dungeon.

She apologizes profusely, begs for forgiveness, but she will not get it. Not this time. I do not take getting fooled lightly.

I leave her down there. It is her punishment.

She stays down there for two weeks and three days.

When she comes back up to join the rest of the dolls she is changed.

She behaves and I should have enjoyed it. I had gotten what I had wanted, but I missed that gusto, that bravado, that had made me fall in love with her in the first place.

Her and the dolls get along for the most part. Abby per usual is a bitch, jealous of the attention Audrey receives. Laurel is sweet to her, but maintains her distance for the most part, but Hannah and her form a close bond. Too close a bond , because my dear sister again plays apart in the death of my beloved.

We find out after a month of her being her she is pregnant.

I am shocked. She had been on birth control, but accidents, more like miracles happen.

I had never been sure about being a father. I wasn't sure if it was something I had truly wanted, but when she took the test and those two line appeared I felt this surge of longing and love to my heart. I felt complete, finally complete.

Unfortunately, Audrey did not feel the same. Her and Hannah plotted against me.

It was late one night, past two am when I heard the scurried movements of people in the hall, the hushed voices.

I tiptoed out of my room, trying to find the culprits.

I checked each dolls room and of course Hannah and Audrey were missing.

The front door was ajar. The rain was blowing in, leaving speckled drops to litter the floor. They had taken off on foot. The ground showed evidence of bare foot prints making their way to the front gate.

I got in my car and drove after them.

Hannah had managed to get the main gate open.

My car was sliding on the dirt road as I drove out into the dark night. The rain slammed down on my windshield making it difficult to assess where I was going.

And then bam. She was there. Staring bugged eyes covered in mud in front of my car. I moved to stop but it was too late. The car hit her, she fell, and the car proceeded forward on top of her.

I knew she was dead, before I even got out of the car.

Hannah came from out of the tree line crying over Audrey's body.

I held her in my arms as her body grew cold beneath the rain.

Evelyn

My eyes were wide as saucers at how Audrey's story ended.

I gulped and asked with shaky words, "Is that why you took me? Because I look like her?"

He smiled back at me, but I could see pain behind his immaculate face as he responded, "At first, but then I grew to know you and Evelyn, I have to say I love you more than I loved Audrey, more than any of my other dolls. And I want us to be together and I want you to give me what I so desperately want in life now."

I knew before I even asked what he meant, what he was referring to, but I asked anyway, "And what's that?"

He came around the other side of the desk and knelt down in front of me. He withdrew a box from his pants pocket and opened it for me.
A beautiful large diamond ring sat inside.

He moved to place it on my finger and said, "For you to be my wife and give me the family I always longed for. A child that'll have the loving parents and childhood I never have. So Evelyn, my dear, will you marry me and make my dreams come true," he asked but he had already slide the ring down the length of my finger, solidifying his answer before I could object.

Anyone shocked by Audrey's story?

Do you think Evelyn will object or just accept her fate.

As always, let me know what you think!

Please vote, comment, and share !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

750K 6.7K 11
Completed ✔ Highest Ranks 1st in Revenge 1st in Forced 1st in Luciana 1st in Liliana 1st in Cruel 1st in Possessive 2nd in Ryan 1st in Regret "P-pl...
39.8K 3.1K 46
Avery Merrick had definitely not enjoyed a storybook life. Growing up with a single Mother who was unstable left her in and out of Foster Homes and...
37.3K 3.4K 33
Liam left everything that he knew behind, his house, the neighborhood he lived in, and the city that he knew. Why? Because he needed a change. He nee...
19.1K 335 38
Knox Carson Knox has never been normal He's always had that itching feeling in his hands to strangle something... someone He always had that dark vo...