Tainted hands

Oleh Gracejenniferanne

Angelina is a strong-willed and closed off girl although she has grown up in a strong family. Because of the... Lebih Banyak

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57

Chapter 34

4.7K 179 34
Oleh Gracejenniferanne

"Would you care to explain where you have been all night?"

Shit.

"JACE!" I hissed throwing my heels at him. "You scared the living daylights out of me. I thought you were one of my brothers or something."

"Sorry, Hunny it's just me." Jace chuckled as I glared daggers in the back of his head. "So where have you been lately? I have hardly seen you."

"I could ask you the same thing, Ange." I glared at Jace then jumped on the bed next to him. The whole night was so perfect, I felt like I was living a dream. It was so romantic and authentic. I was glad he didn't take me to a snobbish restaurant because what he did suit me so much more.

it was undeniably perfect.

"Why are you smiling like that? You look creepy." I hit him in the face with my pillow then laid back down.

"Shut up booger you have no right to question or judge me. When I have hardly seen you in the last few days." I reminded him with stern eyes.

"I was with Olivia... I took her on a date last night." I squealed loudly and sat up with my jaw dropped.

"YOU WHAT?! Where did you take her? Did you guys kiss? Did you have sex? Did you use prote-." Now it was my turn to get hit with a pillow.

"Shut up woman! Did you want your brothers and father to kill me?!" I ignored him and rolled my eyes.

"Well did you?" I smirked as he started to turn into a living tomato. "Oh my go you did!" He smiled scratching the back of his head. We both laid down on the bed and played with each other's hand.

"I did... I took her to our favourite band. They were doing a concert last night." I smiled as I saw how happy he looked. I can tell that Olivia is helping him, in more ways than one.

"She's amazing... everything about her is perfect. I never realised the first time I saw her but she has a single freckle on her chin. Did you know that?" He didn't leave me enough time to answer before he continued.

"I also didn't realise that in her right eye she has this weird green freckle thingy which is actually pretty cute. She is also not short but not tall. But she declares that she is short and is very self-conscious of it. Which I don't know why because she is perfect. Also, did you kn- what?" He looked at me confused as I was smiling at him.

"You're in love with her." His expression changed and his shoulders slumped. I watched from afar as his whole demeanour changed. He didn't look happy or thrilled he looked just as defeated as me. 

"I can't be." He whispered sounding so broken.

"She will be in danger... if boss or tony find out they will ki-.. I can't be in love with her." He shook his vigorously tugging at his hair. I put my hand over his making him stop and his head snapped to mine.

"They won't I will make sure they won't. You're my family Jace and she means that much to you then she is my family too." He jumped out of the bed pacing back and forth.

"You can't say that you will protect me AND protect Olivia." He shook his head with disbelief pacing the floor even faster.

"I can."

"You can't! You can't even protect your own family let alone me and Olivia." He yelled loudly his voice booming. Tears swelled in my eyes and I quickly wiped them away averting my eyes.

His eyes caught mine and they softened immediately. "Ange I'm sorry I am just stressed. I-."

"It's fine Jace!"  I snapped.

He sat down next to me none of us daring to say a word. His words hurt me but they were the truth. I can hardly protect my family but then again, I would go to the ends of the earth for Jace. Especially if it means he can be happy.

"I didn't mean that."

I sighed loudly and gave him a small smile. "It's ok,"

"Eternity and always?" He smiled showing me his pinkie. Just like how I did it when I was Fourteen and promised him that we were in this together.

"eternity and always..."

"So where were you last night?" Jace suddenly asked looking down at my outfit I wore last night.

"I was-."

"Honey is everything ok? Your ma said she heard some yelling in here." My eyes widened and I quickly shooed Jace away and he quickly got the message and started to climb out of my window.

"Everything is fine Papa! I am just watching tv. I will be downstairs in a minute." I yelled out loudly and gave Jace an annoyed look as he climbed down.

"Ok sweetie just letting you know that school starts in an hour, so you need to be ready." I quickly yelled out and started to get ready. Throwing a jumper and jeans on I quickly as I was walking down the stairs somehow managed to get my shoes on.

But just as I was getting out of the door mamma yelled out.

"Don't you even think of stepping foot out of the house without food?" I huffed loudly and sat on the counter sticking my tongue out to all of my grinning boys.

"Awww sissy did you get too much sleep." Diego teased ruffling my hair.

I wish I had slept.

"Go away, Diego." I whacked his hand away then stole his waffle.

"HEY! that's mine." He screamed out. Honestly, I didn't really feel like getting into a fight with Diego about food but God it was fun.

"Well NOW it is mine," I say as I licked the entire waffle. He then immediately tried to still one of mine on my plate but I was quick and managed to flip the chair from underneath him.

"SCORE!" I cheered as I shoved the whole waffle in my mouth. Diego sat straight back up and stalked towards to me looking like he was about to kill me.

"Why you little shi-."

"GUYS STOP IT." John quickly pulled Diego back by the collar while Juan was videoing the whole thing with a wide smirk. "But she-." Diego tried pointing at me but John slapped his hand down.

"I don't care you are a bloody adult act like one." I chuckled to myself as I ate my waffles. It was hard to think of my brothers as adults to me they were still little boys dressed up in grown-up clothes. I remember when I was little, and my brothers and cousins wouldn't let me join in on their hide and seek chasey game. They tried running away from me, but I ended up breaking my arm after landing on a sharp rock. After that, they were forbidden to exclude me from their games again.

I miss it.

"What?" I asked when I noticed them all staring.

"You just seem...different." Scrunching my nose, I tilted my head. How do I look different? I wear and look the same every day? Maybe I just look tired.

"um ok?" I shrugged before I went back to my chocolate waffles ignoring my family's staring.

"Ok! Bye Papa!" I say chirpily kissing papa's stubbled cheek. "Bye mamma." I gave her a quick hug before I said goodbye and hugged each one of my brothers.

"LOVE YOU ALL!"

I nodded at Henry as I walked outside, I don't know why but I just had a feeling that today was going to be a great day. "Good morning miss Garcia." I nodded greeting Henry.

"Morning Henry." He shut my car door shut after I got in and I instantly drove away to go to school. The whole way to school I felt amazing remembering the night I just had.

"So, wait... How long have you been friends with Jace for?" Blaze asked me smiling as I had just finished telling him a story of Jace and me.

"Eight years," I said smiling as I had another piece of pizza. It was the freest and most honest I had felt in ages. "What about you? You and your friends seem pretty close?" He shook his head and put down his glass of champagne.

"No, not really... Simon was the first who actually wanted to get to know me. Before that, I was even more closed off than I am now. Back then any person who tried to get to know me... I scared them away." I nodded, straight away been able to understand why he did that and somewhat still does. Our world is dangerous even more so then the one what my family lives in. You are constantly making enemies and making death threats with people you would never want too.

"How did you and Jace meet?"

"I met him when I was 10... He um was there when I was brought into this world. Boss made as partners which I still to this today don't understand why he did that. But I am grateful because without him I don't think I would have been able to get through all the lying and killing. Without him, I would be dead."

With him, everything felt so free. I was able to tell him everything about him no matter how bizarre or weird it is. But what felt even better was how well he listened. He listened to every word carefully and I did the same for him. Listening and taking in every word and locking it never ever wanting to forget it.

"ANGELINA!" I shot my head up to Olivia who was running towards me with a great big smile. "Hey." I smiled back.

"GUESS WHAT?!"

"What?"

"Jace took me on a date!" She squealed excitedly. I had already heard everything about the date but I don't mind listening to it again. Olivia was a good friend and I wanted to be a good friend for her as well.

"Really? How was it?" Her cheeks turned crimson as she blushed and I couldn't help but smirk.

"That good was it?" I smirked which caused her to hit me and shush me. I chuckled to myself and shook my head as we both walked to my locker.

"He took me to a band concert. I had never heard of the band before but it was SO GOOD! It was called the 'Ice' um something."

"Ice breakers?" I smiled and her eyes immediately lit up!

"Yes! That's it!" She gleamed then continued to tell me about her date. I tried my best to listen because I was super happy for them both. Jace deserves a girl like Olivia. A girl who will give him the love and trust he deserves. He has never had someone that shows him love other than me. I was his sister, and he was my brother, so it was different. But from the sounds of it, Olivia needed someone like Jace as well.

She continued to talk me through the date things I don't think I ever wanted to know about Jace. Jace definitely left out a lot of parts like them kissing and stuff. But that's Jace he doesn't like to share everything; he likes to keep things to himself.

Like me.

I smiled to myself as we walked into English, Olivia was still talking and telling me about the drive home. But all I could think about was him.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

76.6K 2K 44
Park Jia has always been a nice innocent girl, who was loved by everyone who knew her. She could brighten a room just by walking in and never failed...
336K 9.4K 51
Ryan was holding my arm and with other arm he was ready to pull my sleeves up again. I immediately held his hand. "Please please do..don't" I tried...
375K 6.8K 79
*Mafia boss and his lost love* Alessa Romanov had endured a difficult childhood. Kidnapped at two years old, she had no memory of her biological fami...
1.3M 31.4K 83
Briella,17, never had a stable family set up. She was left alone by the age of 7, to fend for herself. Her father hated her, abused her for her whole...