The Aftermath (Sequel to The...

By reject_20

Sequel to The Fifth Marauder! Please read it or else you probably won't understand this story. More

Welcome
Wounds
Blood
Not your fault
Hurt
Questions
Bodies
Tattoos
Injuries
Lazy day
Captured pt. 1
Captured pt. 2
Rescued
Vendetta
Questions pt. 2
Wedding
Funeral
Hiding
Regulus
It's a Boy
Marlene
Questions pt. 3
Harry James Potter
Secretkeeper
Traitor?
Pregnant
Names
Birthday
Missing
Girl or Boy?
Hallows Eve
Azkaban
Questions pt. 4
Loss
September
Five years
Questions pt. 5
The Prisoner of Azkaban
Welcome Back
Boggart
The Three Broomsticks
Patronus
We meet again
The Calm
The Storm
1995
Letter
Again?
Charlie
Sunny
I must not tell lies
Christmas at Grimmuald Place
Valentines
Twins
The Ministry
Locked up?
Moving in
Weasleys
Calm days
The Burrow
Depressed
First
Bill
Eight Potters
Nightmares
The locket
Breaking in
Brothers
Yaxley
Twin curse
Protection
Teddy
The beginning
Memories
The stone
The battle
Next generation
𝙰 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚎'𝚜 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚋𝚢𝚎 (𝙱𝙾𝙽𝚄𝚂 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁)
𝚆𝚊𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝙾𝚟𝚎𝚛 (𝙱𝙾𝙽𝚄𝚂 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙿𝚃. 𝟸)

Fat Lady

3.6K 122 35
By reject_20

"Professor, can I ask you something?"

"You want to know why I stopped you from facing that boggart? I assumed it would be obvious. I assumed it would take the shape of Voldemort." I stopped walking and tensed up making Remus almost step on my tail. "You have got to stop doing that, Vix!"

Sorry. NOT!

"Her name is Vix?" Harry asked and Remus gestured for him to pick me up. Harry did so and I immediately bit his fingers lightly. "She seems nice."

"The nicest actually. Though sometimes she's a bit of a pain." Remus laughed and petted me. I bit his fingers and he winced. "See? She's nice when she wants to. Now, about your boggart."

"HARRY AND AUNTIE DIDI! LILY I'M CRYING AGAIN!"

"Do you ever shut up? Let me enjoy this!"

"Right. I did think of Voldemort at first but then I remembered that night on the train. The dementor." Harry said uneasily and sat me down. I whined and moved closer to him making Harry smile slightly and picked me up again.

"I'm very impressed. That suggests that what you fear the most, is fear itself! This is very wise. There was only one other person I know that fears fear itself." I gave Remus a look and he smiled slightly.

"Who?"

"A very good friend of mine. Her boggart changed into two things: a spider, and death. And yet she handled it with a grace that nobody would've thought that she had. Except the spider, she cried afterwards." Remus chuckled and leaned on the pillar.

"Before I fainted, I heard something. A woman screaming." Lily?

"Geez and not your father?"

"Last warning."

"Sorry."

"Well, dementors force us to relive our very worst memories. Our pain becomes their power." Remus said and gave me a look. I looked down and hid my face in Harry's jacket.

"I think it was my mother. The night she was murdered." Can we not relive that? Thanks. Remus don't you fucking dare. I'm warning you.

"You know, the very first time I saw you Harry, I recognized you immediately. Not by your scar, but by your eyes. They're exactly like your mother Lily's." DON'T FORGET JAMES' STUPID FACE!

"BITCH YOU LOOK LIKE ME!"

"Yeah, but Jade is prettier."

"WHAT!?"

"Come on! Jade is way prettier. No wonder all the boys threw themselves at her feet. SHE'S HOT!"

"That's rude!"

"Meh."

"You knew my mother?"

"Yes. I knew her. Your mother was there for me at a time when no one else was. Not only was she a singularly gifted witch, along with her best friend, she also was really kind. She had a way of seeing a beauty in others, even when that person could not see it in themselves." Bitch what? I'm literally right here. I call you my mistress for a reason. That's just rude on so many levels.

"BITCH WHAT!? Oh I'm so sorry Moony for not wiping your ass that one time."

"James-"

"Or not handing you a napkin or some shit. But thank Merlin for Lily, right? For once, I'm actually glad I'm dead. That way I can't slap you into next year. I BECAME A STAG FOR YOU, MOONY! A MAJESTIC STAG! But thank Merlin for Lily's existence, huh? At least you could count on her while I went to take a shit THAT ONE TIME!"

"JAMES!"

"SHUSH, BEST FRIEND. I'M WOUNDED!"

"Why did I marry you again? Jade was such a better pick. She's not throwing a fit."

"She is, internally. She just can't show any emotion. REMUS, MY SISTER HEALED ALL OF YOUR SCARS AND ALMOST DIED FOR YOU! BUT APPARENTLY, LILY IS BETTER! WAIT UNTIL SIRIUS HEARS ABOUT THIS."

"Do you ever shut up?"

"No."

"And your father James, on the other hand he had a certain talent for trouble alongside his sister."

"THE POTTER DUO BABY! THE BEST LOOKING SET OF TWINS IN HOGWARTS! And yet, she stole my dog from me."

"Why?" 

"Because I can."

"Sister?" Harry asked and almost dropped me. "Sorry, Vix."

"Yes, a twin actually. She was Lily's best friend and mine too. Her and James together were a recipe for disaster. Those two were gifted wizards too. They possessed talents that when put together, they were a force to be reckoned with. She was the brains and James was the muscle. Very talented wizards, the both of them. And rumor has it that same talent has been passed onto you." I sure hope so, Moony.

"Well he did drive a car last year and became the youngest seeker in a century. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, VIX!?"

"Made sure you didn't die from almost falling off the astronomy tower that one time."

"You know, we joked a lot about throwing ourselves from there, but I actually feared for my life that day."

"I know. Your screams were heard throughout the castle."

"What happened to her?" Harry asked making me tense up.

"A lot. She was pregnant when your parents died and had a miscarriage due to the shock and grief. After that, she tried searching for you but couldn't find you so she went into hiding in hopes of seeing you again. I haven't seen her in a few years. Last I saw her, she was going to search for you by York or something like that." Remus somewhat lied and I looked at him in thanks. He can't know. Not yet. All in due time, my dear godson.

"Oh." Harry said sadly and I licked his face making him laugh.

"You're more like them than you know, Harry. In time you'll come to see just how much."

...

"JADE!"

"WHAT!? I'M NAPPING! And I'm still mad at you." I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

"I apologized like twenty times-"

"Yeah, yeah. You can show your forgiveness by letting me nap. My head still hurts from crying." Remus rolled his eyes and handed me some water. "Thanks."

"Just don't do a spit take when I tell you the news." I gave him a look and he sighed taking the water from me.

"What news?"

"Padfoot was here. The Fat Lady is missing." I stood up in shock and looked at him wide-eyed.

"IDIOT! The asshat got full marks in school but apparently lost his marbles in Azkaban. You see? This is the kind of shit that goes on when I'm not around. It's the chandelier all over again. Remus, I'm getting flashbacks." I held my head and sat back down.

"I tried to warn him."

"It's Sirius, Little Vixen. I'm surprised he didn't do it sooner." Remus shrugged and sat down next to me. "You know what day is today, right?"

"October 31, 1993. Twelve years ago today, Prongs and Lils died and Siri was locked up. I haven't forgotten, Moony. That's why my head hurts.I cried myself to sleep again." I chuckled sadly. "Now, what are we going to do about Sirius? Now everybody knows that he's here and after Harry. He could be such an idiot sometimes."

"Minnie gave me this. She said it was found by the portrait when she arrived and hid it from Dumbledore and Snape. I think we can guess who's it from." Remus handed me a small piece of ripped parchment and I smiled tearing up again.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away.

I see you.

~Snuffles"

"Awwww, cute!"

"For the first time since he's escaped, I'm not mad at him. Look at her smile, Lily. That's a smile we haven't seen in a while."

"It's called hope, James. They're both clinging to it. It looks like we're back with the Scottish tragedy."

"Huh?"

"Remus knows what I'm taking about. That's all that matters."

"There's still hope, Moony." I smiled at him. "But he's still an idiot."

"That is true, Little Vixen. But he's our idiot."

...

~Sirius POV~

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!

I shouldn't have left her that note. Now she becomes an accomplice. Why did I even enter the castle again? And why is it still embedded into my brain?

"Because Didi is the only smart Marauder apparently. And the note was a nice touch. She seems hopeful again."

I thought that I could catch a glimpse of her, or even Harry. Everyone was at Hogsmeade so I thought that she would be walking around with Moony or even Harry. But she was nowhere to be found.

"She was crying herself to sleep again."

Wait. What day is today? It's Hogsmeade day that means it's October and they always go con the last days of the month.

"Wait for it."

NO!

"There it is."

It's Hallows Eve! SHIT! Now I'm really regretting the note.

"You dumbfuck! Why? If you could see her right now you'd cry. She's smiling and dancing around with Moony because they're happy again. You stupid fuck!"

"James, calm down. They haven't seen each other in twelve years."

"So that means that he should wallow in his pity? No. GET OFF YOUR DAMN ASS AND FIND A DAMN WAY TO KILL WORMTAIL AND GET YOUR WIFE AND BEST FRIEND BACK!"

"I'm just gonna go check on Jade right now and I'll leave you to deal with Sirius. I can't deal with you like this."

If I could just find a way to get Wormtail into the shack and let them know he's still alive, I could see her again and kill the rat. It's killing two birds with one stone!

"Great! Now how are we gonna do that? They don't have the map. The twins have it. Wait! I have an idea! Pads, you're lucky that you're still my best mate and that you made my sister happy again. Now let's do this!"

Wait! What about Harry? Oh screw it, I'll drag him along as well. Maybe then Dumbledore will finally see that I'm an innocent man and he'll let me, Moony and Vix raise Harry.

"As he should've done. But don't worry. I have a plan. You'll get to see them again. I promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 88 9
Remus Lupin is starting his seventh year at Hogwarts. He wants it to go perfectly, but it's not going exactly the way he planned. Lupin is going thro...
1M 29.3K 182
-ᴍᴀʀᴀᴜᴅᴇʀs ᴇʀᴀ ❁ -ʀᴇᴍᴜs ʟᴜᴘɪɴ ❁ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝘙𝘦𝘮𝘶𝘴 𝘓𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦...
426K 14.2K 30
❝It would be an honor to have my heart crushed by you.❞ The universe had never meant to bring Celeste Malfoy and Remus L...
147K 6.9K 39
*Second installment of "We're Called The Marauders".* Sirius has run away from home and Calysta has found out her mother is a Death Eater. She's esca...