Red Vs Blue, & there's Magent...

By Zeta_Lyfe

Red Vs Blue, but with a twist! Ruby and Tex chased down Wyoming, but upon returning to Blood Gulch, they real... More

Out of Mind (1)
Out of Mind (2)
Out of Mind (4)
Out of Mind (5)
Chapter 1 You Can't Park Here
Chapter 2 Got Your Back
Chapter 3 Baby Steps
Chapter 4 Sibling Arrivalries
Chapter 5 The Grif Reaper
Chapter 6 In Memoriam
Chapter 7 Strong Male Figure
Chapter 8 Yellow Fever
Chapter 9 Brass Tracks
Chapter 10 The Nesting Theory
Chapter 11 Spelunked
Chapter 12 The Haystack
Chapter 13 Terms and Provisions
Chapter 14 Missed Direction
Chapter 15 Where Credit Is Due
Chapter 16 Biting the Hand
Chapter 17 Tucker Knows Best
Chapter 18 Loading. . .
Chapter 19 The Wrong Crowd
Chapter 20 Uncommunicado
Chapter 21 Same Old, Same Old
Chapter 22 Repent, The End is Near
Chapter 23 Why Were We Here?
Interlude - Jason

Out of Mind (3)

665 20 2
By Zeta_Lyfe

Police sirens blared through a busy city. A man in light orange armor was picking a lock to one of the buildings. . . . Ruby and Tex glanced at each other before the black armored one raised her battle rifle.

Tex: Alright freeze!

?: Oh. . . Sorry officer. . . I uhh, lost my keys to my shop here and I was. . .

He slipped the lock pick into his pocket before drawing a pistol where the two girls couldn't see.

?: . . .trying to figure out a way, you know um. . .

Tex lowered her weapon and smiled.

Tex: You never were a good liar, York.

York: York? I haven't been called York in a really long time. Hello, Allison. . . .

Tex: I thought we went over the only person allowed to call me that.

York: Yeah yeah, I wonder where Hawaii is these days.

Ruby: Uh. . . .

Tex: York, we have some explaining to do.

York: I figured, you gonna introduce me?

Ruby: I'm Ruby, it's nice to meet you.

Having heard her voice, the old freelancer recognized her within an instant.

York: Wait! Hawaii?!

Ruby: Oh right, did I know him?

Tex: Yes, you did. Listen York, I found Hawaii not too long ago. Only issue was, she didn't remember anything besides her name.

York: Yikes.

Ruby: S-Sorry, if I forgot about you. . . .

York: It's fine. I doubt having amnesia's easy, Hawaii.

Ruby: Oh, I'd appreciate if you just called me Ruby.

York: Understood.

Tex: Now that that's over, you down to petty theft now York? Seems like a waste of your talents.

York: Hey, whatever pays the rent. There's not much call for a former infiltration specialist these days.

Ruby: Well, at least you can do cool stuff.

York: She's. . . better that I last saw-

Tex: Don't.

York: Ohhhh. Guess her losing her memories was a blessing. Well, yeah. I guess I can do cool stuff.

Tex: Well, your no call is about to change. There's a place we need to get into a they don't want me to get into it.

York: You know, they never do? What do you think D, should we trust her?

A small, holographic, glowing green soldier appeared next to him.

Delta: Hmm, that depends. Is he still with her?

Ruby: An A.I.!

Tex: What the?! You still have yours?!

She raised her weapon, but Ruby immediately grabbed onto her wrist!

Ruby: Calm down!

Delta: Alarm, threat level raised. 71% chance of violent outcome.

He flickered red as a sign of warning!

York: Okay, take it easy.

Delta: Chance of defeating Omega Texas in combat is extremely unlikely.

Tex: What's going on here?!

York: Thank you D. Look, put the weapon down Tex. Delta's not a threat to anyone, never was. You know, if anybody should be nervous about onboard passengers around here, it should be me.

Tex: Well don't be nervous Omega's gone.

Ruby released her grip on Tex as she lowered the weapon.

Ruby: He's been one heck of a pain too.

Delta: Chance of defeating Agent Texas, still very unlikely.

York: Okay, I get it. Thank you, retire now.

Delta: Executing.

York then turned to the two girls.

York: If Omega's gone, what about Zeta?

Ruby: Who?

Tex: Don't know. He wasn't in his chip when I found Ruby.

Ruby: Oh right, that thing.

She reached to the back of her head and took it out of her helmet.

Ruby: Look, you can have your A.I. scan it.

York: D.

Delta: Scanning. Scan complete, the A.I. Zeta is not within the storage unit.

York: Alright thanks, retire.

Delta: Executing.

Tex: Most likely case was that he was destroyed.

Ruby: Yeah, poor thing. I didn't even get the chance to meet him. Well, after I lost my memory.

York: Let's get inside before we attract any attention.

The three did just that.

Tex: Nice place, you furnish it yourself?

York: Actually, I had an interior decorator help me. . . She's dead now.

Ruby: That got dark fast.

York: Look, Tex, are you absolutely sure he's not anywhere in that head of yours?

Ruby: Well, if he was I doubt she'd be here.

York: Let me guess, him being gone isn't good enough. You want to kill him, don't you?

Tex: He spent a lot of time in my head York. You know what it's like. Whatever they think, we think. Whatever we know, they know.

York: Yeah. I'm familiar. Remember all of Reggie's dumb knock knock jokes?

Ruby: I'm going to start sounding like a broken record, but who's Reggie?

Tex: Wyoming. Now focus, this is serious. Omega wants to do a lot of bad things.

Ruby: And he's trying to kill my friends.

Tex: And we already know where he is, we just need your help to get in.

York: Why? Hawaii- I mean, Ruby, isn't a slouch. She should be more than enough.

Ruby: Thanks.

Tex: I have my reasons, and besides, he's not alone, Wyoming.

York: Ah, speak of the devil. Okay, let's say I do this. What's in it for me?

Tex: Payback. How's the vision in your eye?

York: Still blurry. . . hurts when I read.

Ruby: Geez, what happened back in freelancer?

Tex: Training accident. Now, how 'bout a little revenge?

York: You know, technically you're the reason I have one bad eye.

Ruby sent a passive glare at her friend.

Tex: No, I'm the reason you still have one good eye.

York: *sighs* What do you think D?

Delta: Agent Texas poses a serious risk to any missions. Agent Hawaii, although on par with her past self, lacks the experience her past self attained. Both most likely experienced the spontaneous ejection of A.I., which can be catastrophic to the psyche of an agent.

Ruby: Maybe thats why I lost my memories. . . .

York: Besides the amnesia, they seem okay to me.

Delta: May I remind you what happened when Program Gamma removed itself from Agent Wyoming?

York: That won't be necessary D. Look, what's your recommendation? We in or we out?

Delta: Tactical matrix is incalculable. Outcome is uncertain. Chance of success is unknown. But, a little payback would be nice.

Ruby: I like your A.I.

The infiltration specialist smirked.

York: We're in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 329 20
Join the reds and blues for their next adventure. Thea and the Others have separated going through the Teleporter and now they have to find O'Malley...
174K 3.1K 20
Red vs blue season 1, but with a new man in the group of dumbasses! The Oc Leo is owned by Me Red vs Blue is owned by "Rooster Teeth"
22.7K 568 20
Red Vs Blue, but with a twist! Three months went by since the death of Tex, leaving the Blues confused, Church with a robot body, the Reds missing L...
69K 1.3K 19
RvB Season 9, with Church and Zeta now trapped in the Epsilon Unit. The reds and blues move back to Valhalla, but their stay isn't long when someone...