home, glenn rhee[1]

By loveyoursxx

pre-apocalypse melanie always felt small and alone in the big city she lived in. moving at a young age forcef... More

home cast:)
playlist:)
home
pre-apocalypse
ch.1
ch.2
ch.3
ch.4
ch.5
ch.6
ch.7
ch.8
ch.9
ch.10
ch. 11
ch.12
ch.14
ch.15
ch.16
ch.17
a/n!!
ch.18
ch.19
ch.20
ch.21
ch.22
ch.23
ch.24
ch.25
ch.26
ch.27
ch.28
ch.29
ch.30
ch.31
a/n
ch.32
ch.33
ch.34
ch.35
ch.36
a/n
ch.37
ch.38
ch.39
ch.40
ch.41
ch.42
ch.43
ch.44
the end
HAVEN
new twd fanfic!!

ch.13

1.9K 36 7
By loveyoursxx

secrets

   "hey! we got your stuff." maggie yelled, causing me to shoot a confused look towards lori, who brushed it off quickly.

   "maggie, hang on, please." glenn pleaded, only to be ignored more by the angry woman, my eyes shifted to the blood on both glenn and maggie, sending worry through my body.

   "we got your special delivery, right here." maggie sneered getting closer to lori, causing me to try and step in between them, "woah, maggie."

   my words were ignored as she continued, throwing things all over the place, "we got your lotion, got your conditioner, your soap opera digest."

my eyes shifted to glenn who was already looking at me, shaking his head for me to stay out of the drama.

"next time you want something get it your damn self. we're not your errand boys" maggie started, only pausing to grab something out of the bag, "and here's your abortion pills."

i watched as she threw the pills to loris feet, making my eyes widen in shock before quickly bending down to grab them, hoping nobody saw.

maggie stormed away fast enough so we didn't get the chance to say anything. i softly handed the pill to lori, who was frozen from shock.

she took them from my hand, quickly stepping away from the two of us as she headed towards her tent.

my head turned to glenn giving him a questioning look, "that was not cool" he grunted, taking his ball cap off.

i scoffed, "that was awful"

glenn rubbed the back of his head, keeping his eyes on me, "i should've gone alone, i didn't expect she'd get attacked. we'd already been there once."

i took a step near him, gently placing a hand on his arm, "was it bad?" i questioned, earning a head shake, "no, only one. i guess it scared her, they haven't seen the city."

i nodded, pulling him into a hug as i snaked my arms around his neck, nuzzling my head into the crook. "i'm glad you're okay, both of you, even though she acted like a bitch. we all have our reasons."

he slowly pulled away, wanting to see my face. "what?" i questioned, realizing he had been staring at me for a long time.

he shrugged, leaning down to plant a soft kiss on my lips before releasing me from his grip fully.

"i should probably go apologize to lori, you wanna come?" he questioned, only to be shut down, "i'm gonna keep dale company on watch, i'll see you at lunch."

he nodded before leaving me alone, heading in the direction to find lori. not long after, i slowly made my way to the rv, getting pissed every now and then because of my foot.
___________

me and dale stood by the tree, feeding ourselves as we watched over the group, who was oddly silent.

my eyes shifted to glenn, who must've been already looking in my direction. i gave him a nod, hoping he would tell the rest of the group.

he nodded back, getting up from his seat to make himself shown in front of the group. "um, guys" he started, taking his hands out of his pockets, "so... the barns full of walkers."

everyone's attention turned towards him, expressions mixed with confusion, anger, and frightened all looked to him.

in the blink of an eye, we were all now in front of the barn. no one hesitated to wait before checking it out.

"you cannot tell me you're alright with this." shane mumbled, brushing ricks shoulder as he paced uncomfortably.

   "no i'm not, but we're guest here. this isn't our land." rick replied, trying to keep calm for the rest of us.

   "we can't just sweep this under the rug." andrea chimed in, crossing her arms over her chest.

   "it ain't right. not remotely. okay, we've either got to go in there, we've got to make things right or we've just got to go. now we've been talking about fort benning for a long time."

   "we can't go" rick sneered, placing his hand out, hoping to stop shane, "why, rick? why?" shane fought back, causing me to step in.

    "sophia is still out there." i stated, earning a nod from carol and lori. "okay, i think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility."

    "we're not leaving sophia behind" rick ruled out, shane's words caused my blood to boil, making me step near glenn, trying not to say anything i would regret.

   "i'm close to finding this girl. me and mel just found her damn doll two days ago." daryl muttered, also getting pissed off by shane.

    "you found her doll, daryl. that's what you did. you found a doll."

    "yeah, we almost died trying to find her while you did nothing! try being a little more appreciative, asshole." i yelled, unable to hold back my words.

    shane scoffed shaking his head, "you don't know what the hell you're talking about." daryl shouted, throwing his hands up at shane.

   "i'm just saying what needs to be said!" shane retorted, stepping near daryl, causing rick to try and step between them. "shane, stop!"

   "let me tell you something else, man. if she was alive out there and saw you two coming all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction."

    "you piece of shit!" i yelled, storming towards him, only to be grabbed up by glenn. everyone's shouts ring through the air as they kept daryl and shane away from each other.

   "if we're gonna stay, if we're gonna clear this barn, i have to talk hershel into it. this is his land." rick stated, angrily pointing towards the barn while keeping his eyes on shane.

    glenns arms stayed wrapped around my waist, scared of what i would try to do if he let me go.

   "hershel sees those things in there as people, sick people. his wife, his stepson." dale informed, stepping near rick. "you knew?"

    dale nodded, "yesterday, i talked to hershel." shane rolled his eyes, "and you waited the night?"

   "i thought we could survive one more night. we did, i was waiting till this morning to say something, but glenn wanted to be the one."

   i looked to dale, who gave a small head nod, i sighed, knowing he covered my ass.

   "the mans crazy. if hershel thinks those things are alive or no." shane shouted, attracting the walkers in the barn, causing them to pound up against the door, turning all of our attention.

__________

    later in the day, after hershel had checked my ankle, clearing me to walk without crutches and just the boot. i headed to where glenn was on watch.

    as i walked, my hands reached down to my belt loop, grabbing glenns cap that he'd given to me. i smiled, placing it on my head backwards.

    "woah there, new and improved hat i see" i greeted, referring to the hat glenn was wearing since i took his.

    "mine looks better on you anyway, figured i should try a new style." he replied, while helping me climb up the ladder onto the top of the rv.

    i nodded, "it somehow gives you a baby face affect." i joked, earning a weird look. "i'm kidding, come sit."

    he brushed it off, taking a seat next to me. "what'd hershel say about your ankle?" glenn asked, making my eyes shoot to the grey boot.

    "i don't need crutches anymore, hopefully i'll be out of it soon so i can help look for sophia some more." i replied, causing glenn to give me a frown. "what's wrong?"

    he shrugged, looking away from me to focus on look out, "i just don't want you getting hurt again, seems like every time i leave your side you almost die."

    i scoffed, "glenn, you're kidding, right?"

    "i didn't mean for it to come out like that, i just don't want you in danger... ever" he mumbled, still avoiding my gaze.

   "glenn, i lo-" before i could finish my sentence, shane busted through the rv door, looking up to us. "you see where he went?"

    "who?" i questioned, giving him a confused look, "don't even try and shit me, okay?" he replied, causing me and glenn to glance at each other, actually confused. "what?"

   "dale, guys. did you see where dale went?" shane questioned, earning a shrug from me, "yeah, he asked me to run and get him some water. said he'd cover me on watch."

   shane turned away, searching the place for dale, "and he was gone when you got back, huh?"

   glenn nodded, standing up, "yeah. you think he's okay?"

    "oh, he's fine." shane assured, causing me to now also stand, brushing against glenns shoulder. "why'd he bail then?"

   shane completely ignored my question, and asked his own, "so you wouldn't tell me which way he went."

   glenn gave me a confused look, shaking his head, "we don't get it."

   "no, man, you don't" shane retorted, storming off in a different direction, leaving me and glenn utterly confused.

    glenn shrugged it off, turning back to me, "what were you saying before shane interrupted?"

    "oh uh- um, i don't remember." i started, moving to the ladder, "care to help me down? i wanna look for a new book."

    glenn smiled, nodding, "is this what it's gonna be like when we get old? me always helping you." he joked, earning a scoff, "love, it'll be the other way around."

    "yeah, i bet you're hoping that" he mumbled, jumping off the ladder after me, "i'll give you recommendations on some books"

    i smiled, entering the rv, remembering one of me and glenns first conversations. "what about the catcher in the rye?" i asked, pulling out the book.

    "this is the kind of book your teacher would make you read for a class." glenn informed, causing me to chuckle, "okay, fine. war and peace."

    glenn shook his head, "just, no."

    i groaned, shoving the book back on the shelf, "i give up." i mumbled, placing my head in my hands.

    glenn chuckled, leaning down to place a kiss on my lips. "i didn't think i'd picture walker bait like this." i joked, once he pulled away.

    he pointed his finger at my face, giving me serious eyes, "don't call me that."

   i laughed, placing my hand on his, "sorry" i whispered, pulling him back into the kiss.
____________

    after leaving the rv, we both decided to join carl and beth on the porch of the greens house, hoping to stay out of the sun.

    "do you know what's going on?" tdog questioned, pulling us out of conversation, "where is everyone?"

    me and glenn stood up from the steps, walking towards them, "you haven't seen rick?"

   andrea shook her head, "he went off with hershel. we were supposed to leave a couple hours ago."

   "yeah you were. what the hell?" daryl sneered, as him and carol appeared from a different direction towards us, "rick told us he was going out"

    "damn it. isn't anybody taking this seriously? we got us a damn trail" he muttered, throwing his hand around until his eyes landed on shane who walked towards us , "oh, here we go."

   once my eyes landed on the guns, i glanced towards glenn who pulled me behind him, unsure of what was going on.

   "what's all this?" daryl asked, referring to the guns, "you with me man?" shane questioned, holding out a gun for daryl to take. "yeah"

    "time to grow up. you already got yours?" he asked andrea, while walking past her, "yeah. where's dale?"

   "he's on his way" shane mumbled lowly, also handing tdog a gun. "thought we couldn't carry."

    shane walked towards us grabbing more guns out of the bag, "we can and we have to. look, it was one thing sitting around here picking daisies when we thought this place was supposed to be safe but now we know it ain't" shane started, glancing between all of us.

    "how about you, man? you gonna protect yours?" he questioned glenn, holding out a gun. glenns eyes shot to me before reluctantly grabbing the gun.

   "i already know you're pretty damn good with my gun." shane muttered, handing his old handgun to me.

    "shane, if you do this hershels gonna make us leave." i warned, watching him turn around, "we ain't going anywhere, okay? now look, hershel, he's just gonna have to understand."

    i gave lori a scared look, seeing a side of shane ive never seen. they soon fell back to shane who knelt in front of carl.

   "now we need to find sophia, am i right? now i want you to take this and you keep your mother safe. you do whatever it takes."

   "oh shit." tdog uttered, holding a hand above his head. the words caused everyone to turn and look in the direction he was facing, seeing rick, hershel, and jimmy guiding walkers along with them.

    "what is that?" shane questioned, running off in the direction they were, causing the rest of everyone to follow.

    glenn stopped looking down at my ankle boot, "go, i'll meet you down there." i assured, ushering him to leave.

________________________________
2/20/2021
okay, this is officially my favorite chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

489 9 2
•.*𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐚 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬, 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐃𝐢𝐱𝐨𝐧... 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭*.•...
44.1K 1.1K 97
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫. When a deadly virus spreads rapidly all over the...
4K 158 12
THE DIXON TWINS KNEW DISAPPOINTMENT. It greets them like an old friend. A welcomed intruder into their lives in which they have learned to live. So w...
1.5K 24 8
✭ After Carl saves Alexandria, he realizes that he doesn't know how much time left, but he knows that he doesn't want to waste it. Carl confesses to...