【𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 • 𝐕𝐈𝐋�...

By carlyandcarson33

Caught in the crossfire of a quirk war, pro-hero and Symbol of Peace Deku is captured. Saved and returned to... More

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
1| Content Deleted
2| Hyped
3| Downward Spiral
4| Nightmares
5| Compliance
6| Dead-End
7| Legends Never Die
8| Sleep like the Dead
9| Accusations
10| Call Me Midoriya
11| Darkness
12| Don't Cry, Because I am Here!
14| Curiosity Killed the Cat
15| Deal
16| By my Side
17| Broken Hero
18| A Little Favor
18| Boom
19| Remember
20| Fate
21| Trust
22| Hold On
23| Falling like Rain
24| Change
25| Quirk War
26| A Hero's Grave
27| Shinimi
28| Broken Dam
29| When the World Slows
30| Connect the Dots
31| Tokyo-Bound
32| The Eyes of a Hero
33| Frightening Normality
34| Ready
35| It's Definitely You
35.5| It's Always Been You
36| Loneliness is Contagious
37| Enough
38| How to Catch a Cobra
39| And He Made Sparks Fly
40| Tears like Fire
41| Trust Outweighs Fear
42| The Manliest Hero
43| Burning Worry
44| Not Anymore
45| Fight for What You Care for
46| Karma's Kill
47| Useless Apologies
48| Together
49| Insight
49.5| Not Good, Not Bad
50| We are a Nightmare
51| You're Alive
52| We're Not Heroes
53| Liar, Liar, World on Fire
54| The Day He Died
55| The Day He Lived
56| Too Much, Too Late
57| Desperate
58| Fresh Start
59| You're my Happy Ending
60| A String to the Past
61| Open Flame
62| Liquid Fire
63| Help
64| All He Needs
65| Melted Glass
66| Mixed Signals
67| Kurai
68| Normal
69| Selfish
70| Monster
71| Betrayal
72| Illusionist
73| Windows to the Soul
74| Call Your Name
75| The Boy You'd Die For
76| Too Easy
77| Please
78| Maybe We're Monsters
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
author's note

13| The Worst Form of Torture

7.4K 362 538
By carlyandcarson33

Why is he crying?

Out of the both of you, it would only make sense if you  were the one crying, but for some reason, the kidnapper is the one with tears on his cheeks.

For goodness sake, you didn't punch him that  hard.

Despite the situation, you still feel a ping in your heart at the sight of Midoriya's tears. Even if he's different, he's still the Deku you once thought you knew.

"H-hey," you stutter, cursing yourself for caring, "why are you crying?"

Midoriya looks at the ground, in that same dream-like daze he was in earlier. "I'm sorry All Might," he whispers to himself, "I'm sorry I couldn't save you."

You shudder remembering All Might's death. It's even worse when you realize that Deku was there as one of the captives.

He saw it firsthand, no more than six feet away from the murder.

You stand up, wincing at the pressure on your ankle, and walk over to the crying hero. 

"Hey," you speak softly, "it's okay. You couldn't have done anything."

Midoriya crumbles to the ground, falling at your feet. He looks up at you, his head jerking around the room.

"Wh—?" He stutters, his eyes full of fear. He scrambles backwards, staring at you. "Where am I? Who are you?"

You tilt your head. 

What the hell?

You reach out your hand, patting the boy on the head. His soft, curly hair is unbrushed and tangled. Deku backs away from you.

"Get me out of here," he whispers, "get me out of here."

His voice is . . . crushed. Broken. Trapped. 

What happened? Why the drastic change?

"Midoriya?" You say, kneeling down so you're eye-to-eye with the hero. 

His body shakes, and he mutters to himself. At the sound of his name, though, his head snaps up to yours.

"Don't call me that!"  He screams. "Don't! That's not my name!"

"Okay, okay," you whisper, confused but concerned, "Deku. It's safe. You're safe."

You hug him, surprised he's letting you. His body is trembling, and he doesn't react to your touch. He just mutters to himself, clenching his eyes shut.

"I'm sorry . . . don't do this . . . not to him. . . just . . . "

Suddenly, Deku jerks his head up, and screams; his voice is angry, sharp, demanding.

"Choose me instead!"

His stops shaking and his body goes limp in your arms. You push him off of you, looking at his face.

His eyes are closed and his face is relaxed. You push him off of you and shove him onto the bed, huffing from the effort.

What the hell just happened?

Does he have D.I.D.? Or is this some sort of sick joke?

You collapse on the bed beside the sleeping hero, shaking from the encounter. Only when you feel the cushion of the mattress beneath you do you realize how tired your body is.

You glance at the open trapdoor. You could try to climb it, but with your ankle as it is, it would only make the situation worse.

You rub the red skin on your wrists, healing them with your quirk, which only takes more energy and makes you more tired.

You curl up beside Deku's sleeping figure, feeling the warmth of his body against yours. You're too tired to shift away from him.

You let sleep envelope you, your sight over taken by darkness and body sinking into the blankets.

The silence wakes you up.

The sound of Deku's heartbeat and soft breathing is gone, and so is the warmth he provided. you sit up, blinking your eyes slowly.

Midoriya is sitting on the floor, his chin resting on the edge of the bed. He's watching you.

"Oh, look at that," he mutters, "you're still alive."

You grin. "Don't sound so disappointed. I might start to think you don't like me."

Midoriya laughs; a genuine, pure laugh that makes his cheeks pink. You find yourself blushing.

"How's your ankle?" He ask, lifting his eyebrows. 

You stand up, surprised you don't feel scared around the hero anymore. There's something about him . . . 

but still, you don't want to be here.

"When can I leave?" You snap, gesturing to the ladder leading to the outside world. It's been a whole day since you came down here, and honestly, it's starting to stink.

Midoriya perks up at the statement. "Oh, of course! I'm sorry, I didn't realize."

You feel like he's lying, but he helps you up, picking you up and giving you a piggy-back-ride.

What's with this guy? Why does he change his mind constantly?

He carries you up the ladder, and once your out of the basement-like place, you breathe in the fresh abandoned-convenience-store-smell.

Ah, Doritos and cobwebs.

You limp to the exit. 

You can leave. Midoriya isn't stopping you.

Don't turn back, you tell yourself, don't look at him.

Your mind tells you to get the hell out, but your heart longs to know more about the hero. How did he survive? What's making him act so strange?

Don't turn back.

Don't turn back.

You put your hand on the door. Just a push, and you can go back.

Don't turn back.

You turn around, looking at the smiling hero. Your brows furrow and your heart stings.

"What . . . " You start, not sure what to say, "What happened to you?"

Midoriya only cocks his head, looking at you quizzically.

"Are you okay?" You say again. Maybe he's under some villain's control.

Something changes in his demeanor, and Midoriya smiles, crooked and shattered.

"Sometimes memories," he mutters, "are the worst form of torture."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.4K 1.9K 22
⚠CONTENT WARNINGS⚠ -suicide -graphic violence -sexual themes -strong language -disturbing imagery -depression and post traumatic stress After a quirk...
58.2K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...
12.2K 266 21
(Warning: -Suicide Mention -Swearing -Murder -Bullying) Saving Izuku from committing suicide, Ochako dedicated her life for this boy. They both ran a...
14.8K 466 17
Just a normal love story of how two strangers met then fell in love. [ 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙙 ] ⚠︎⚠︎⚠︎ ✍︎ I do not own any of the characters of my hero a...