My Dove, My Love

By Marieisabel2

One of my one-shot short stories... failed at being a SHORT story. This is a story with a very needy and touc... More

New Job
Dinner Date
Special Surprise
Awkward ๐Ÿ‹
One too many
Forgive Me
Old Habits
Star Gazing
Flying lessons
A/N
A/N

Secrets

3.4K 114 68
By Marieisabel2

Work went on fairly well. Despite having to come in to work WITH Hawks. But it all went fine. When it came to practice time he was also very helpful. We worked some weights and started some flapping exercises.

With us coming to work together by lunch there was a post online about it. Work wasn't so bad. Only one new thing.

"Please?" He whined

"Hawks no"

"Hawks yes?"

"No"

"Its 1 event though"

"Im not a model"

"But you could be. Come on"

At this point, he was following me around the office like a lost puppy. He was trying to get me to join him on some models-only event.

Hawks was like a child receiving affection for the first time. He was constantly trying to get my attention and get subtle touches. He was desperate for attention most of the time; any time we spent was him trying to get as close as possible to me. I'd call it annoying if it wasn't for the fact that I actually kind of liked the attention. Something in me told me to keep close to him.

"Fine, we can skip the event... but then can I come over?"

I think it over. If it got me out of the situation of comparing myself to literally dozens of models sure, "Fine"

His wings fluffed as a small chirp left his throat, "Perfect! Then I'll see you on Friday!" He finally left his office leaving me to my work.

Once Friday came around Hawks once again spent the day crowding me for attention. That was until we were called into HR.

"So. From my understanding, you two are causing a disturbance in the office" Pat read over the report

"No ma'am, Hawks has been following me around everywhere" I defend myself

"Wow, way to throw me under the bus. I can't help it. I think we should move her office next to mine" Hawks chipped in

"Sir, you do realize her department requires her to work with a team, whom of which you have been scaring off" Pat pinched the Bridge of her nose

"Well, why are they all men? I think we need more women in the office" Hawks crossed his arms

"We don't hire by gender but by experience and resume. Plus you are the one who hired them all cause they are VERY capable people"

"Damn my past self" Hawks pouted in his chair

"I am willing to arrange something though" pat smiled. I look confused while she smiled, "(Y/N) can be in charge of all the type work. Your team will do the brainstorming and you just get everything down"

"That's not fair!" I hop up from my seat

"Life isn't fair. To be honest I was going to do this anyway but now I kill 2 birds with one stone" Pat adjusted her desk.

Hawks POV

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face watching her set up her desk. She was literally right outside my office now. She wasn't the happiest but she'd adjust. If she hated it that much then I'd talk to Pat.

The workday finished and I was giddy to go back to her place again. I followed her out of the office and she pulled out her keys.

"Do you wanna ride with me? Or just meet there?"

"I'll ride" it was odd thinking about 2 winged people getting into a car, "You know it would be so much easier if you just fly everywhere" I roll my eyes.

She did it again. That nervous tic. Her feathers would flinch at just the mention of flying and her hands would tense. I don't think she even notices it herself.

Wanted to feel bad but I just couldn't. I couldn't let it rest. Step one was getting clues from her home. Something to give me the details of why she stopped flying 3 years ago.

We finally pulled up to her place and got out. This was exciting since I had only seen the outside before. She unlocked the door inviting me in.

Green. That's the only word I thought. She had plants everywhere. All different types from poinsettia to Aloe. What really caught my attention was the pieces of white tape on every one of them with a name.

She acted like nothing was different or odd placing down her coat and keys.

"So you like plants huh?" I asked directly

"Huh? Oh ya. I guess"

"Did you name them all?"

"Yeah" she smiled playing with the spider plants shoots, "They all have names"

"What made you decide the names?"

"I... don't know. They just fit I guess" she shrugged.

She had a wide range of flowers, succulents, and even weeds. One-pot had straight-up grass in it. All of them laid out next to the balcony. About 20 of them in all. A vine plant creating a type of wall.

Her form grabbed a spray bottle and gently misted a plant, "There you go Noe. I hope it will rain soon. I know you'd like that" she mumbled to the plant

"Do you take them out during the rain?" I look at the clear indentations where the plants pots have rested for a long period of time

"No no. She just loves the rain" her smile didn't reach her eyes.

I felt that I had more questions than answers. I settled on her couch. She didn't have much decor. Like I was one to talk. Everything was neat. No clutter in the space. There was one picture on her entertainment center. It had her when she was younger with who I assume to be her parents.

I felt the familiar feeling of need watching her finish up watering the plants. I stood back up and shuffled to her wrapping my arms around her from behind. I could feel her wings flinch beneath my arms. I rested my head on her shoulder enjoying her warmth, her comfort, but at this moment I feel she needs the comfort more.

"Hey. You know if you're ever feeling lonely, I'm always here"

"Im fine Hawks. Honestly" she sounded honest. Her heartbeat was steady in my arms.

I let myself relax. It's time for me to just enjoy the night, "Wanna order in?"

"Sure, what do you want?"

"Chicken"

"But aren't you a bird" she chuckled

"So? Hawks eat smaller birds. You have wings too. Do you refrain from eating chicken?"

"My wings are just a mutation. Hardly an animal mutation"

"So we don't share the same instincts?" I vocalize

"I would guess not" she looked confused, "You have instincts?"

"Yeah. A lot of em"

"What are they?"

"Well my current one tells me I'm hungry" I chuckle looping the conversation back.

Readers POV

It was oddly comfortable with Hawks. We chatted as we finished our food which he insisted he pays for.

"This is by far the best chicken in the city"

"You'd know?"

"Of course" he boasted

"Maybe instead of Hawks, you should call yourself chicken"

"Nah, people already want this cock enough"

I sputtered at the bad joke rolling my eyes.

"Wanna know how I Actually got my name?" He offered

I smiled leaning on my hands showing my curiosity.

"It's actually part of the instincts. You see when I was a kid I was pretty social but I had one adult who was like my best friend. Birds when they like people want to feed them. So I preceded to HAWK up my food"

I proceed to both cringe and laugh at the same time.

"Oh wait let me" Hawks started fake gagging towards my lap.

Tears pricking at my eyes from laughing while I push his face away. His laughing drowned out my own flashing a genuine smile.

"Be serious why Hawks?"

"Obviously cause of Hawk like quirk" he shrugged, "I like my story better"

"You're gross" I roll my eyes

"But it made you laugh" he smiled.

"I guess that's true" I smile back at him.

This really felt like an honest date. No pretending and strangely enough, I enjoyed it. Hawks was a nice guy.

Hawks POV

I sigh looking at the packet in my hands. Is this wrong? Am I a creep for doing this? I just want to know. I'm so curious and concerned. Why won't she fly? It was bad enough calling up UA but they just gave me even more questions to answer. The private eye was my last resort.

I struggle with the idea. I felt like a stalker. I swear I'm not. I'm not a creeper just... fucking concerned. Why won't anyone tell me anything? I pick up the file wanting to just lock it in my desk. My phone buzzed loudly making me jump, the file flinging out of my hand and onto the ground. A few smaller photos escaping.

I went to shove them back in when I notice one is of her, her wings out as she swept through the air. She seemed so happy. I smile moving to the other one only to falter. This was a small news clipping.

A picture of (Y/N) crying on the ground, a single hand sticking up from the sand. Curiosity got the best of me making me read through the file.

UA had a tragedy a few years ago that ended in a whole class dead, teaching staff included. It was off-site training back when they did class fieldwork with the 3rd years. Unfortunately while working on the collapsed subway one of the student's quirks malfunctioned causing the once stabilized structure to completely collapse in. Another student tried to save everyone by making everything into a sand-like substance to allow the students and civilians to step up and not be buried.

This went horribly wrong as it all came down too fast causing everyone to suffocate...except one hero student (Y/N) (L/N). The lone survivor flew upward out of the sand.

She had tried to save one of the fellow students but she wasn't fast enough. Although strong enough to break through the sand she couldn't get up high enough to save the fellow student.

A series of bad decisions ended that course in the syllabus and cost the lives of 22 people.

My eyes caught onto the list of classmates' names. One, in particular, stood out, Noe Shigure.

It all suddenly clicked. All the plants shared the names of her classmates. Another page had their quirks listed as well. It only took a glance to see plant type related to the person and their quirk.

A knock at my door made me stuff the file into my drawer and close it sitting back down. The PR manager came in looking furious.

"I texted you 20 minutes ago to get your shit cause you're late for a photoshoot"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 2.4K 24
{completed} "... ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘– ๐‘”๐‘ข๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘  ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘›๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘˜๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ค ๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘™๐‘ โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘ก ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘ก ๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘”โ„Ž" you'...
153K 5.2K 30
โ› ๐™Š๐™ ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ฌ~ ๐™จ๐™ค ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™›๐™š๐™š๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ ๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™—๐™š ๐™– ๐™ก๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ ๐™๐™ช๐™จ๐™—๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ เผ‰โ€งโ‚Šหšโœง โ˜• โ› In which an Interverted girl get...
602K 17K 47
You find an injured #2 pro hero on the side of the road one night and care for his injuries. Little do you know, this changes the trajectory of your...
46K 1.7K 16
An enemy's to lovers Trope. Their managers wanting to get more revenue by advertising the hero duo as a couple they can't seem to get along. push com...