The Aftermath (Sequel to The...

By reject_20

Sequel to The Fifth Marauder! Please read it or else you probably won't understand this story. More

Welcome
Wounds
Blood
Not your fault
Hurt
Questions
Bodies
Tattoos
Injuries
Lazy day
Captured pt. 1
Captured pt. 2
Rescued
Vendetta
Questions pt. 2
Wedding
Funeral
Hiding
Regulus
It's a Boy
Marlene
Questions pt. 3
Harry James Potter
Secretkeeper
Traitor?
Pregnant
Names
Birthday
Missing
Girl or Boy?
Hallows Eve
Azkaban
Questions pt. 4
Loss
September
Five years
Questions pt. 5
The Prisoner of Azkaban
Welcome Back
Fat Lady
The Three Broomsticks
Patronus
We meet again
The Calm
The Storm
1995
Letter
Again?
Charlie
Sunny
I must not tell lies
Christmas at Grimmuald Place
Valentines
Twins
The Ministry
Locked up?
Moving in
Weasleys
Calm days
The Burrow
Depressed
First
Bill
Eight Potters
Nightmares
The locket
Breaking in
Brothers
Yaxley
Twin curse
Protection
Teddy
The beginning
Memories
The stone
The battle
Next generation
𝙰 πšœπš˜πšžπš•πš–πšŠπšπšŽ'𝚜 πšπš˜πš˜πšπš‹πš’πšŽ (π™±π™Ύπ™½πš„πš‚ π™²π™·π™°π™Ώπšƒπ™΄πš)
πš†πšŠπš› πš’πšœ π™ΎπšŸπšŽπš› (π™±π™Ύπ™½πš„πš‚ π™²π™·π™°π™Ώπšƒπ™΄πš π™Ώπšƒ. 𝟸)

Boggart

4.1K 124 75
By reject_20

"Little Vixen, do you know where I could get a boggart for next class? I'm getting ideas."

"Didn't we learn about boggarts in like fourth year or something?" I asked tying my shoes. "And I don't know why I even bother since I'm going to be  Vixen all day."

"Try like sixth year, if my memory serves me right. And I'm making this class slightly more advanced than it should be. You know who was the last Professor?" Remus shrugged and sat up.

"Who?"

"Gilderoy Lockhart." Remus smirked and I turned around so fast I'm surprised I didn't get whiplash.

"If he was a Professor, I wouldn't be surprised if Snivelus got the position one day."

"Or Satan himself. I'm just glad that I can relax this year and not expect another incident with a DADA Professor and Harry. I'm still pissed at Quirell."

"And Lockhart?"

"Never thought he was a heartthrob at school so I couldn't care less. Though I was pissed when they entered the chamber. I'm glad he accidentally obliviated himself."

"Hogwarts' Ravenclaw heartthrob? You can't be serious." Remus laughed and nodded. "No way!"

"You still remember the competition him and Sirius had? It was hilarious." Remus said and I nodded laughing.

"The thing was that Lockhart wanted me and I chose Sirius. That's when the whole thing started. But how could an idiot like that become a professor? Was Dumbledore on liquid luck or weed?" I smirked and put my hair up. "I really do regret not cutting it before we left."

"Probably both. Now about that boggart."

"Well if you want a boggart, you could try the room of requirement. If not then, I could get you one before the week is up but I'll have to leave the castle for that."

"I'll try the room of requirement and take my chances. Where was it again?" Remus asked and fixed his hair a bit.

"Somewhere around the seventh floor. I suggest to go now before class starts. I'll be in your office if you need me." I smirked and kissed his cheek.

"You just like my office."

"Can you blame me? It's badass! It's better than Minnie's. Speaking of which, I meet with her after classes tonight." I shrugged and left.

"Rude! No office is better than Minnie's. I did spend the majority of my schools years napping in there."

"You mean trying to nap and she hit you with something."

"Nobody needs to know that, Lily."

...

"Neville! What's one thing you fear the most?"

Now why does that name sound so familiar? No, it can't be!

"It is."

LONGBOTTOM! And my heart just broke in twenty different languages again. Awesome. I should really visit the Longbottoms again. It's been two years since my last visit.

"Professor Snape." Wow. His parents were tortured by the spawn of Satan herself and he's terrified of his potions Professor. That's saying something.

"Well, you see-"

"Hush! I'll kill him once he's dead."

"Lily, he'll be already dead."

"I'll kill him again!"

"I understand you live with your grandmother, correct?" You dumb fuck, we saw them two years ago! Idiot.

"Yes, but I don't want the boggart to turn into her too!" Would that really be so bad? Well, her fashion statement is something debatable. That's what terrifies me.

I looked around the classroom and it's amazing how much these kids look like their parents. And is that Lucius' kid? A spitting image of his father.

"This class is ridiculous." Yep. That's Lucius' kid. Arrogant and an idiot.

"Well... yeah. He also called Hermoine the M word."

"You can say it, you know?"

"Hell no! I've always hated that word. It took us the entire first year so that Padfoot could stop saying it. He didn't mean to, it was just a force of habit."

"Hush, Neville's boggart is coming out. Watch this, Jade."

Is that Snape? In woman's clothing? REMUS, YOU SON OF A BITCH I FUCKING LOVE YOU!

"DANCE FOR US SNIVELUS!"

"I probably shouldn't laugh."

"Lily-"

"BUT THIS IS HILARIOUS!"

"NOW DO THE MACARENA SNIVELUS! ENTERTAIN US!"

"Brilliant Neville! Bloody brilliant! Now I want you all to picture the thing you fear the very most and turn it into something funny. Next, Ron!" Remus turned around to play some music and I sat up amused.

Remus leaned on the desk and I gave him a nudge.

"Yes, you can see your boggart later. It's probably changed, so be prepared for that." I turned to see Ron's boggart and I tensed hiding behind Remus. "It's okay, little one. Look."

The boggart suddenly had rollerblades and I sat back down amused and perked my ears.

"This should be fun, huh?"

...

"CLASS DISMISSED!"

The entire class groaned but left. Remus sighed and sat on the floor after locking the door.

"You can change back, Vix. There's nobody here."

"A dementor? I honestly expected to see Voldemort." I shrugged and sat down next to him. "If he's fearing dementors, you should teach him the patronus charm."

"Jade, only you and Sirius were able to master that so young and that was in fourth and fifth year. I mastered mine in sixth, and Prongs and Wormtail did it in seventh year. He has so much trauma on him, thanks to the Headmaster. How could he cast a corporeal patronus in his third year?"

"It's not about casting a corporeal patronus, Moony. You don't do it anymore. It's about him learning how to defend himself properly." I shrugged.

"I hate it when you're right, you know?" Remus laughed and stood up. "You wanna see your boggart?"

"Yeah, we'll talk about yours later." Remus helped me stand up and he walked towards the closet.

"Ready?"

"Born ready." I smirked and pulled out my wand. Remus nodded and opened the closet to reveal my boggart and I tensed.

James? My boggart is James?

"It's me? Or dead me? Hopefully it's dead me."

"Whenever you're ready, Jade." Remus said and pulled out his wand just in case.

The boggart suddenly turned pale and looked at me with dead eyes and I started crying.

James, you son of a bitch.

"That's mum you're talking about, Vix."

"Okay, Jade. Calm down and cast the charm."

"Riddikulus!" I casted the spell and the boggart changed again. Bellatrix.

"Is that?"

"Yes."

"Riddikulus!" Marlene's and Lily's dead bodies.

"Of course."

"Calm down, Jade. Cast it one last time."

"Calm down, Vix. Don't get agitated. That's why the spell isn't working. Cast it one last time." Remus said moving closer to me and I nodded.

"Riddikulus." That's just bloody fantastic. Now it's dead Moony and Sirius. Of course those two would be together.

"I've always doubted Pad's sexuality. You?"

"He was more like a raging bisexual, but we all know that Jade has his heart."

"And Jade?"

"Well she wanted to marry me a couple of times and snogged Marlene once just for kicks, so another bisexual."

"I love it."

"One last time, Vix. Take a deep breath and calm down. I'm right here."

"Riddikulus!" The boggart finally changed and revealed Sirius in a skirt and dancing while Remus just facepalmed. Just like in '78.

"There. It's done. You're okay. I'm here." Remus hugged me and I started crying. "You're okay."

"My family, Moony. Dead." I sobbed into his chest.

"I'm not dead, Vix. I'm right here. Moony's here." Remus wiped my tears smiling slightly. "I have the fifth years in like ten minutes. You wanna se what kind of mischief the twins get into today?"

"They remind me of Prongs and I on a good day." I laughed slightly.

"SEE LILY? I wasn't the only one who thought that!"

"Shut up, toerag."

"RUDE!"

"On a good day? Care to enlighten me on what happened on a bad day?" Remus smirked and I helped him clean up the classroom.

"You remember the time the squid emerged from the lake and the sirens screamed so loud that it almost broke the windows in the Slytherin common room?"

"Yes?" He asked and I saw the wheels turning in his head.

"Guess who provoked the squid?" Remus looked at me in shock and I started laughing.

"NO WAY!"

"Yep. That's why James walked into the Hall soaking wet. I was pissed at him and threw him into the middle of the Lake and he accidentally hit the squid." I smirked and looked at the time. "Fifth years are coming in three minutes. Good luck."

"I'm gonna need it."

"Not the highlight of my school years."

"Are you kidding me!? That was hilarious!"

...

"You wanted to see me, Minnie?"

"Well that's a name I haven't heard in a while. Come in Mrs. Black." I smiled and walked inside.

"Now that's something I haven't heard in a while. Everyone calls me Jade now." I sat down and took a biscuit. "What's on your mind, Minnie? We haven't caught up in a spell."

"Where have you been these past twelve years, Jade?" Minnie asked me concerned and I sighed.

"Living in my own personal hell, Minnie. Remus and I moved after I miscarried so that was good. Other than that, we've been trying to numb our past but it always seems to come back to us. Remus was working odd jobs to make ends meet since I gave up my entire inheritance for Harry and I couldn't work. I mostly stayed at the house or cleaned up James' and Lily's grave."

"Yeah, thanks for that."

"Why couldn't you work? You received top marks in all of your classes here in school." Minnie handed me some tea and I sighed.

"Sirius was locked up, Minnie. Nobody wanted to hire the wife of a murderer who was full of grief after losing her entire family in the span of a week." I shrugged and leaned back. "How's Harry? Tell me about him. I want to know my godson even though he has no idea who I am."

"Very well-"

...

"A car? Are you sure about that? A damn car?"

"Yes. I had the same reaction myself." Minnie laughed. "He takes so much after James it's ridiculous."

"You have a little me, Minnie. Now give him the map. Don't be shy."

"She doesn't have it, idiot. The twins took it remember?"

"Oh yeah. DIDI, TAKE IT BACK. CLAIM YOUR THRONE!"

"JAMES!"

"I saw him on the train and he even sounds like James. It's insane, Minnie!"

"It really is, isn't it? He has Lily's kind heart, but James' attitude." Minnie rolled her eyes and I laughed. "Do you mind if I ask you a personal question?"

"Let me guess. You want to know what really happened on October, 1981?" She nodded and I sighed. "It was Peter, Minnie. All of it. Sirius was with me the entire night and the majority of my pregnancy. He loved James like a brother. We treated him like family for Godric's sake! You know Sirius well enough to know that I'm telling the truth. Sirius would never sell James out like that. Sirius may be an idiot and a troublemaker, but he's an honest man and values his family more than life itself. He was ready to put his life on the line if it meant that any of us would be safe. That's why I spent the last twelve years trying to get him, and my godson, back."

"I believe you, Jade. James and Sirius were extremely close. It never crossed my mind that Sirius was the person who sold your brother out." Minnie smiled sadly and I nodded.

"You'd think those two were brothers." I chuckled and leaned back. "Not a day goes by where I don't miss them, Minnie. The two of them. They were idiots and troublemakers, but they were my idiots."

"I thought they were your boys?" Minnie smirked and I almost choked on my tea. "Yes, I know about that."

"Well, Remus and Siri are my favorite boys. Peter was my child. And James was the idiot that I had to tolerate because we're related. But yes, those were my boys."

"We still are, Didi. Except Peter."

"He can rot in hell."

"What Lily said."

"You understand that the Ministry will come to ask you questions, right? If they haven't already."

"They have and I have nothing to hide. Though Fudge said that he wanted to chat with me again." I shrugged and she sighed.

"Do you know where Sirius is, Jade?" She asked and I shook my head.

"You can use Veritaserum on me right now and my answer won't change. I haven't seen my dumbass husband in twelve years, Minnie. So no, I don't know where he is. And I sure hope he's not near here. These dementors are giving me nightmares." I rolled my eyes.

"Well you see, sis. Your husband's an idiot and is camping close to Hogsmeade like a caveman. Padfoot, find a damn river and wash up. You are not meeting my sister again like that. Disgusting."

"James, stop."

"He looks like he needs a nap, and those rocks don't look comfortable."

"Enough."

"Sorry."

"I believe you, but some people here don't."

"Let me guess. Dumbledore and Snape? Those two have been breathing down my neck since I got here. I've got half a mind to slap both of them."

"Jade-"

"Minnie, I graduated almost twenty years ago. Snape can't do shit to me. And what's the worst that can happen? Get myself locked up next to Sirius? As if! I'll probably kill Bellatrix once I get there." I shrugged. "Besides, I have no clue on my husband's whereabouts and I'd like to keep it like that for the time being."

"Let's just hope it stays like that."

"Take notes, Sirius. She is handling this like a sane person. Unlike SOMEBODY!"

"James, she's grasping at straws. And let's be honest here. When was Jade sane to begin with?"

"Never probably."

"My point exactly."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230 43 16
The Marauderse era UNDER TONS OF EDITING We are currently re-writing the story and renaming it. Thanks loves <3
244K 3.6K 48
The title says it all! Warning: Updates are hella slow.
774K 19.8K 71
Sirius Black only thought of two things during his 12 years in Azkaban: his innocence, and his wife. Remus Lupin only had the company of one woman a...
3.8K 128 30
Remus Lupin- a confused teenage boy at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Remus has secrets, two big secrets. One of which the rest of his f...