The Student Council | Ray

By lindsey6107

(y/n) (l/n) never liked the idea of having a group of people to be close to. But when her best friend introdu... More

The Student Council
Poems
Cookies
Midnight Melody
Classic
Operation Mistletoe
The Library
War and Peace
Chess
The Prince
Great Expectations
A Little Bit of Gratitude
Kindling
The Mountain Trail
The Burgundy Scarf
The Meteor Shower
Never Look Through the Council Window
Pop-Tarts
The Sargasso Sea
The Fish Tank
The Council Window
The Aftermath
Sleeping
Thank You

I Love You

2.4K 71 164
By lindsey6107

(This story is actually a time skip to ten years later after the end of "The Student Council." So all characters are 26-27.)

Also this will be the final ending :)

(y/n)'s pov

"Yes, I'll arrange one right away."

It's my second year as the CEO of the (l/n) Conglomerate. There are times I regret taking the position, for it leaves me really tired and really sleep-deprived. These were certainly those occasions.

"Hi (y/n)!" I heard (f/n) say as she walked in my office doors. I could tell she was coming from the way her heels clicked from the elevator across the hallway. She works as a news reporter and sometimes visits me when she's on her break. "How are you doing recently?"

"Dead," I responded, as I buried my face in my arms. My workplace was pretty organized, besides the heaps of paper balls in my trash. "I wanna go home."

(f/n) sat on the silver couch in front of me. She looked at her watch before responding. "Looks like you still got three more hours left. No can do."

I groaned. "Damnit! Why did I think of signing up for this?! No one told me how hard managing a company was. And the fact that Ray was, God, he was a jerk last night!"

"Did you two fight again?" she asked sympathetically. I nodded, covering my eyes. "Well, disagreements are normal in relationships."

"He could have at least explained why he was late coming home again," I muttered looking at her. "But no! He just smiled and shrugged before going to his room."

(f/n) listened as she turned on my TV. Astoundingly, Gilda was on trending on the Internet. I glanced up and saw her on Channel 7.

"After she won that competition in high school, she became practically famous," (f/n) murmured. "Millions of high-class businesses wanted to hire her."

Gilda's original designs soared, and after college, she started her own company. I was able to model one of her first pieces of clothes as well.

"I know, and I'm proud," I said smiling as she finished her interview.

"Alright, well then see you later!" (f/n) said as she then stood up and waved while she walked out of my room. I waved back and buried my face in my arms when she left.

Ray and I have been together for quite a while now. I don't really like being open about it, and we almost never go on special rendezvous to places, because the public audience can be brutal. Once they realize the successor of one of the leading companies of the facility and financial services is dating someone, social media will definitely go wild.

I got a call from a partnering corporation and went to answer it, as I finally completed all of my paperwork.

5 hours later

"Hi, (y/n)," Ray greeted, as he put down his bags. It was three hours past his normal time."Have you eaten yet?"

"You're late," I said to Ray as he went through the door. I was on the couch still in my work clothes, already full from making dinner for myself. "Can you at least elaborate on why you aren't punctual again?"

He smirked as he greeted and kissed my cheek. "You're so cute when you're angry," he said as he walked to his separate office.

Sometimes I ask myself why I even fell for him in the first place because the moron still gets on my nerves.

I could hear Lily practice her piano from the other room. She was in high school now and taken a career in music contests. After Miss Isabella stopped teaching, Nat became her new mentor.

Anna became a home designer and works with me sometimes during events. I believe Anna still does ice skating as a hobby though. Oh, and Don is a baseball coach, for a local team. He and Gilda actually became an item last year, so that's pretty cool.

On the topic of everyone's jobs, Norman is an elementary second-grade teacher. I honestly didn't see that coming, because he worked as a hospital intern in high school. Emma fulfilled her occupation as a zookeeper, and she finally achieved her dream of taking care of giraffes. I remember (f/n) told me she wanted to ride one when she was younger, but I'm not sure if that is legal.

Lastly, Ray works as a lawyer. He graduated with his major in criminal justice, and recently joined a firm. So, he stays up late directing lawsuits. I must say, the profession fits him because he's still skilled at communication and having the final word. And at being a smartass.

If only he could at least provide an explanation on why he keeps coming home late!

I had gotten sick of it so I went to his private office and knocked on his door. He opened it and noticed my expression. "Hi, do you want to talk to me about something?"

"I do," I said as he gestured for me to take a seat. I refused and just stood still. "For the last time, can you explain why you were behind time for the entire week?"

He looked up from his books. He was poring over a Latin transcript and I remember him saying that learning dead languages were useless in sophomore year. But here he was, studying the meaning of Amicus curiae.

He sighed and I saw the tiredness in his face. I crossed my arms. "Give me two days and I'll tell you everything. Please, (y/n). You'll know soon."

I rolled my eyes. "That's what you always say!" I said, trying not to shout. "I don't care if your job has to do with negotiating the truth sometimes, but I'm not a court case you can talk your way out of. I'm your girlfriend for God's sake."

He stood up and leaned his head to the side. Is he not concerned?

"Trust me, it'll all make sense," he said. "I'm not lying. You'll learn later."

"Why not now?!" I asked as he put down his work. I didn't wanna cry in front of him."What's so hard that you can't even give me a good explanation? God, I hate you."

"Are you mad at me?" he asked, completely avoiding the topic.

It took all my energy to not slap him there.

"Oh, I wonder!" I said, walking away. I slammed the door on the way out, leaving him confused. Lily came to my room and asked me what was wrong, but I refused to answer.

The next day

After work, I went straight home to wait for him. I told (f/n) what happened yesterday, and she took a deep breath and advised me to at least give him a chance.

"I'm home," I heard him say. Surprisingly he came right on time, which ticked me off. I narrowed my eyes and didn't bother to greet him.

"So now you come early?" I inquire as he took off his shoes. "Why are you being like this all of a sudden?!"

Ray looked to the ceiling and back down at me. "Because I care about you (y/n)," he replied. What a lie.

I scoffed before answering. "Sure you do."

The next morning

I woke up and saw that Ray baked chocolate chip walnut muffins. He watched as I took one out of the tin before eating in as I watched TV. He sat at the kitchen dining table, as he cut an omelet. "Good morning," I said quietly, to which he nodded in greeting. It was silent, and I heard the weather report. It was going to be sunny. I could see him glance at me from the peripheral of my eye, but I refused to look at him.

I got my things ready and went out the door.

"Have a good day at work!" he called out while I unlocked the door.

I didn't respond.

Lunch

"I'm scared," I told (f/n) and Norman. It was our break time during lunch, and we were in a small cafe. I was informing them on how today was the day I would find out everything. "What if something bad happens?"

"Did you and Ray argue again?" Norman asked. Since it was the weekend, he didn't have any students to teach. I nodded.

"How'd you know?" I asked him. But suspiciously, (f/n) shook her head discreetly. "Do you guys know something I don't?"

They looked at each other again, and I could see them communicate with their eyes.

"No, but it'll all be okay," (f/n) said reassuringly. "You'll be fine."

After a painful nine hours at work, with the occasional workplace visits, as I was getting ready to go home, I received an interesting text from Ray. It was directions to a location, with the words,

"Meet me here."

It was only a mere distance away, and I could already see it from where I was currently standing outside the company building.

Once I came, I realized it was a flower garden. There was a reception area upfront, so I immediately went there. The woman there greeted me and waved.

"Hi, someone gave me instructions to go here, so do you know where I can go?" I asked politely. She smiled.

"Right this way, Miss?" she asked.

"(y/n)," I replied quickly. "Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm just really curious about what he prepared."

The woman smiled again understandably. "Alright, Miss (y/n), I believe this is your destination."

I arrived in a rose garden. There was a marble fountain in the middle. The whole area was bathed in moonlight, which made me realize one particular detail: All the flowers were lavender roses.

"I searched up lavender roses before I arrived here. Apparently, they symbolize enchantment and love at first sight," he said under his breath. "Isn't that nice?"

I walked up to one before delicately tracing the petals with my forefinger.

I remembered how he said that back in high school during my sister's 18th birthday. I couldn't believe where we were now. I reminisce about how I disliked him back then, but I learn to realize what kind of person he actually was.

Ray was once a stranger than a rival, then my friend. But after that, we became closer. Something more meaningful. If only it stayed that way.

A single tear fell off my face.

My eyes were closed while I thought back to our oldest memories until I heard a rustle behind me.

I was brought back out of my mind and looked forward before turning around.

Behind me was Ray, down on one knee holding a glimmering, sparkling ring.

My legs trembled at the sight. I felt my eyes water as my hand covered my mouth in disbelief. He had a hopeful smile.

"(y/n), will you marry me?

.

.

.

.

10 seconds probably passed as I tried putting all the vague details together. The late arrivals, the vague answers, it all made sense now.

I nodded and tears fell faster than I could wipe them. "Of course Ray! Yes, yes," I answered. "And I'm sorry for what I said earlier."

He stood up and seemed to breathe a sigh of relief. He must've been nervous as I was surprised. His face broke into a grin. And for a split second, I forgot about proper etiquette.

His arms were wide, so I jumped in and he picked me up and spun me in the air before bringing myself close to him.

We stayed in that position until I spoke up. "I wanna cry now," I admitted. "I'm sorry.

"No, I am," he whispered, still embracing me. "I had to work overtime so I can make money to buy the ring. So I apologize if you thought I was doing something bad."

He kissed my forehead before I stepped down onto the silver pavement. I looked at him through my tears.

"Every day I wonder, why did it have to be you?"

"I don't know (y/n), but you tell me."

The next day

I told (f/n), but she seemed to already know.

"So (y/n)?" she asked excitedly. She stayed outside my room as I was fitting into my dress. It was one of Gilda's original designs, that she tailored to fit me as well. "Did you like the surprise?"

I nodded even though she couldn't see. "Yes I did, (f/n), and I suppose I have to thank you."

"Why"?" she asked. I'm surprised she didn't know. I walked out and twirled as she "oohed" and "aahed".

"For all of this," I answered. "Because of your relentless set-ups, we somehow fell for each other in high school."

She smiled sadly while an audible sound sniffed through her nose. She seemed to be tearing up but I felt like I imagined it. "Oh, that. Well thank you. I really am one awesome friend, aren't I?"

"And that's why you're the best anyone can ever have."

With Lily

Ray told the news to her, and for some reason, she started crying on his shoulder as she hugged him. Did I miss something?

"You did it, Ray," she said, her voice breaking. It's like Lily never aged. She still kept her youthful energy. "You kept your promise."

I realized he promised my little sister when she was younger that he would marry me. He really cared about her, didn't he?

"So we'll always be together forever."

Those words he said during the camping trip finally came to life. It was like that was his intent ever since he met Lily. I remember how she thought about how I was dating him, and how she still is the best at Dance Dance Revolution, or how she never gets tired of red velvet cupcakes even after having them every day for a week.

It was like she never grew up, and I was glad.

Ray smiled and nodded. "What can I say? I'm a man of my word."

Time skip to the wedding

"Well (y/n), are you ready?" my father asked. I nodded, but inside, I was shaking like crazy. Butterflies occupied my stomach, and I felt goosebumps on my arms.

Eight months sped by fast and before I knew it, we were here.

"Y-yeah," I answered. "I'm just a little nervous."

"It's alright, child," he reassured. "Your mother would've been so proud."

"Thank you," I said before hugging him. I nodded, remembering her blessing she gave before she passed five years ago. "I wish she was here to see me."

He took my arm and Gilda came out of nowhere. "Okay, everything seems to look perfect. Wow (y/n), you look amazing." she complimented.

"Only because of your talented skills," I answered. She made a little bow before thanking me.

"Well good luck!" Gilda exclaimed before heading to her position.

My father and I waited expectantly as we watched the other committee walk. And yes, I unquestionably appointed (f/n) as my Maid of Honor. She stood eagerly, conversing with Emma, who helped in making invites.

After she took her spot, we heard a crescendo by my sister on the piano, while Nat directed her from where he stood. That was our cue. We instantly walked out and I heard the gasps of the recipients when they saw us.

Better yet, I saw Ray. And I almost laughed at how nervous he looked. He was standing straight as a ruler, and his mouth dropped while his eyes widened. I really shouldn't be making fun of him because I was just as anxious as he was.

But as tense as he looked, he was still handsome behind his facade.

I made my way next to him while my father took his spot in the pews.

"Hi," he whispered quietly. We were now on the altar steps, making little glances at the audience and to each other.

"Hi," I said back. I felt my hands warm up, holding my bouquet of flowers.

I know I should be paying attention to the priest, but I couldn't help look at Ray. His hair was slightly styled so that his left eye was showing through his jet-black hair, and in his chest pocket perched his matching corsage, which was the same as my flowers.

We were just making awkward eye contact with each other. Please, please, please let this part end. I don't know how much longer I can hold this bouquet-

"(y/n), do you take Ray to take your lawfully wedded husband?" the priest asked. I smiled before saying. I took a deep breath before responding.

"I do," I answered.

He grinned back. "Ray, do you take (y/n) to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do," he replied, as he beamed. No matter how many times I see it, I will always love experiencing the smile that perfectly complimented him.

Relief washed over me. "And now, by the power vested in me, Ray, you may kiss the-"

He didn't even wait for him to finish. He just pushed off the veil and as (f/n) would say, "sparks definitely flew."

We parted and we both blushed furiously over what happened as everyone cheered. Church bells rang, and I heard my little sister set the piano on fire with "The Wedding March."

As I gazed at my little cousins throwing flower petals in the air, I myself remembered to throw the bouquet. All the recipients watched as I threw in the air towards the crowd. And just as fate decides, it landed in the arms of Emma.

I immediately looked at her and Norman, who was all the way on the other side. He seemed to have noticed and coughed. I guess that'll be another story for another time. Might wanna leave (f/n) to the matchmaking part, for she's considered a professional at that now.

I watched as (f/n) was wailing; she was more emotional than me.

I stood closely by my father, followed by my older and younger sisters. Delilah took a plane to attend my wedding, with her husband. She loved working in Goldy Pond with my brother-in-law, Oliver. I saw Gillian, Paula, and Zack standing in one of the pews.

Norman and Don congratulated Ray as the other invited people made small talk with him. As chaotic as everything was going on, I felt a sense of calm.

Ray came back and gave me his corsage. He helped me attach it on my wrist. "Guess you're stuck with me now," he said, straightening up.

"Hey, that still doesn't give you the right to tease me!" I answered. At least some things will stay the same, such as our hopeless banter with each other. "Even though you'll probably pretend you didn't hear that sentence."

I proceeded to slap his hand away from mine but he just took it and planted a kiss on my fingers.

"Well, (y/n) shall we go?" he asked.

Time skip to the reception party

We got to the venue, and we chose the same spot we had my sister's birthday party. When we entered the area, I took note of all the decor. The place was lovely. Gotta give credit to Anna, she started a business in interior planning, too.

"Miss (y/n), may I have this dance?" I heard Ray say from behind me. I turned and glanced toward him, saying,

"Yes, you shall," I answered, trying not to laugh.

We waltzed as I heard "Howl's Moving Castle" as the melody. It's like back when we were juniors, except, we were older.

"I love you (y/n)," I heard Ray say quietly, just so I can hear. "Always had, and always will."

I buried my face in his chest, trying to hide my tears. Never did I expect that the person that I hated back in high school, became my husband. But I was glad, happy that it resulted in this way.

(f/n) words never impacted me so much. You don't know the future, (y/n). And she was right, I didn't.

"There aren't any words in the world that describe how much I adore you," I replied. "God that was cringey," I muttered as I felt him put his chin on the crown of my head.

"But it's true," he replied, looking at me with his piercing green eyes. He smiled. "You know you love me."

"You're so conceited though," I answered as we waltzed. "Part of me will forever despise you for you're still the smartass I known in high school."

"And you will always be the hopeless romantic who loves classic literature," he said as well. "And it'll never change."

When I looked up, a lot of my close family and friends danced as well, as elegantly as ever. I then heard a spoon clink on a crystal wine glass and someone clearing their throat. We all stopped waltzing and looked to the front.

It was Norman, and (f/n) right behind him. "We prepared a letter and a speech to the newlyweds," Norman stated and motioned (f/n) to come forward. He moved out of the way and walked down the platform. He then stood next to Emma as (f/n) adjusted the microphone.

She looked to the crowd, and I felt her eyes falling on me and Ray before looking back at her speech.

"Welcome friends and family of (y/n) and Ray. I know we are all especially pleased to be here on this fine night. You all probably know that I am (f/n), or as what I like to call yours truly, "the one who started it all." And I myself give the credit because I did. For (y/n) and Ray would have never gotten together if I didn't convince them to take a leap of faith. Or better worded, like a push."

Some participants laughed at her speech. I watched as Ray even suppressed a giggle.

I presume you win. Congrats, (f/n) you actually fulfilled "your sole purpose in life."

She continued her speech. My best friend looked forward up to the ceiling.

"Some may think running for the class government is boring, but I'm here to prove you wrong. It's actually the reason we're all here today!" she began. She inhaled and exhaled before she continued.

"We all didn't expect that they would even meet like that," she said, her voice carried by the microphone. "Even me. However, it's a good thing that they did. Because from that point, after tons of arguments, romance, rivalry, secrets, after the two of them finally pushed their differences aside, (y/n) and Ray learned why love was so significant in a person's life. For what would we all do without it?"

She looked down at her speech before she finished. She smiled, as the flames of the chandeliers flickered in her eyes.

"Sincerely, the student council."

~Fin~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Student Council has officially come to a close. Hope you guys enjoyed reading this series!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 4.2K 36
โ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ฒ ๐š๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ฆ๐ž!!!โž - โ˜†: *.โ˜ฝ .* :โ˜†๏พŸ She was crushed like a flower shyly blooming. Y/N, a peculiar girl who stands silent within the...
52.2K 1.2K 24
Y/N has known Isabella since they were young. Until Y/N gets shipped, making Isabella nervous. Years later you meet Isabella for the first time agai...
599 10 6
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โ ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’”๐’๐’“๐’“๐’š, ๐’”๐’ ๐’”๐’๐’“๐’“๐’š. ๐‘ท๐’๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’† ๐’‚๐’„๐’„๐’†๐’‘๐’• ๐’Ž๐’š ๐’‚๐’‘๐’๐’๐’๐’ˆ๐’š. ๐‘ฉ๐’–๐’• ๐’๐’๐’—๐’† ๐’˜๐’‚๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’๐’Š๐’๐’…, ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘ฐ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’” ๐’•๐’๐’ ๐’ƒ...
45K 1K 13
!!DISCONTINUED!! ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜† ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜€ ๐˜€๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€ ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—บ ๐—ฆ๐—˜๐—”๐—ฆ๐—ข๐—ก ๐Ÿญ of the ANIME(chapters 1-37 of the Manga I think) No m...