✔︎One Sided

By BeanQueen_29

This Is a BakuDeku fanfic. Izuku's dream of being a hero changes after he got diagnosed to be quirkless. Th... More

Info: Optional
1: The Beginning
2: Years
3: Discussing the Future
4: Switching Homes
5: After Party
6: The News
7: Training
8: Everyone has Their Moment
9: High School Years
10: His New Life
11: Study Sessions
12: Weird feeling
13: Moving On
14: Hometown
15: Heroes and citizens
16: Where It all begins
17: Dog Day
18: Lost You
19: Phycologist
20: Letting it Out
21: Silently Waiting
22: Unexpected Visitors
23: Inside his Mind
24: Clueless boy
25: Uncovering the past
26: Listening to Your Troubles
27:Everything is Revealed
29: Stubborn People
30: Get to Know you Better
31: Moments of Happiness
32: A Stressful Day
33: Keeping Away
34: Too Much of a Coincidence
35: Wanting You Hurts
36: Emotional
37: Finding Myself in Your Arms
38: The Forgiveness that Connects Us

28: Choices and Decisions

2K 80 20
By BeanQueen_29

"Izuku and Inko Midoriya?" A tall man called looking around the room.

Inko and Izuku rose from their seats while giving eachother a nervous smile. They were currently in the waiting room of the hospital. Today was Izuku scheduled appointment to start the process of his brain surgery. He and his mother were both nervous of what the outcome might be. Izuku took extra shifts at his work so he could earn as much money as possible and Inko also took on a small job to help out. Izuku had money but if he used it all just for this surgery he would have nothing left to live with.

The two follow the doctor in a room where Izuku was told to change his clothes into hospital gowns and right after they started talking of what was going to happen.

"Ok I know you are nervous but there is nothing to be afraid of. One of the best brain surgeons came in today from China and will do the removal of the tumor that is located in Izuku's brain." The doctor stated while flipping through some pages.

"Before I continue I need to ask fairly important questions to Izuku here," he said, turning towards the boy who was sitting on the bed as instructed.

"Tell me what I informed you two weeks ago and tell me if you followed those rules"

Izuku nodded his head while thinking back to what the doctor said to him

"In the last two weeks, I didn't take any sort of medication or pills. I didn't consume alcohol or smoke. I think that's about it" Izuku said, now looking at the doctor who nodded his head.

"Very good now here's what's going to happen. You, Ms. Midoriya, are going to sign some papers for us to continue the procedure. With Izuku, we will make markings on his head where we will make the incisions where we will perform surgery. He will be asleep and drugged so he won't be awake and he can be still. I will not go any further in explaining how we remove the tumor but I will give you information on the recovery. Izuku will be taken to a recovery center and we will put him through a ventilator until he wakes. After that he will stay for at least 2-3 days and will do simple exercises like moving arms and legs. His vital will be checked every day when he's both asleep and awake after his surgery. He may experience nausea and headaches after the surgery but that is completely normal. After his recovery he may go home but It is advised he doesnt stay alone" The doctor said explaining everything to the two in front of him.

"I have a question about your specialized brain surgeon" Inko asked in a serious tone. The doctor nodded his head for her to continue "I would like to know more about him"

The doctor understood what she meant and answered "Dr. Yushi is specialized in brain surgery thanks to his quirk. He can remove any body part by picturing the cells that are connected and prying them apart. Basically he will remove every tumor cell that is connected to his brain so it can completely disconnect from the brain. Later while he keeps the cells disconnected to the brain, the other surgeons who are operating will use tools to remove the tumor and stitch back his skull."

Inko looked at Izuku who was smiling brightly. Of course he finds this doctor cool. His quirk can disconnect cells from each other. What else would Inko expect from her son, he was still the same ever since he was a little kid. She smiled and hugged her son tightly letting small tears fall. Izuku did the same.

"If you follow me, Izuku will get ready for his surgery while you sign some papers. The surgery won't happen until tonight so you two will have plenty of time to talk" The doctor said. Inko disconnected herself from her son and gave him a kiss on his forehead. He waved bye and Inko followed the doctor to the waiting room. Inko signed all the papers even If some were hard to agree to. After an hour she went back into the room and hung out with his son. Their evening was fun and filled with laughter. They talked about everything that happened while Izuku was In Japan. Even the subject of Katsuki was brought up by Inko and teased Izuku at how close they looked when she was with his group of hero friends. Soon enough, night came and they said their goodbye with many tears. Surgery is always dangerous and brain surgery is even more so, since it's such a vital organ.

"I'll see you after ok? I love you so much" Inko said on Izukus shoulder.

"Ok mom... I'll be ok. I love you too"

They disconnected and Inko waved while doctors strolled Izuku's bed into a different room. Inko walked back to the waiting room and sat on an empty couch. She waited and waited but got occasional information on how the surgery is doing. Soon she fell asleep on the couch while clutching her purse in her hands. She was shaken awake by a nurse. Once she saw where she was, she immediately stood up from her seat. The nurse smiled, making Inko relax.

"Izuku's surgery has been a success and there were no complications. He is in a recovery room, do you have his things?"

Inko nodded her head. The nurse walked off with the mother following close behind. They went down a different hallway and after passing a few doors, Inko was led inside the room Izuku was kept in. Inko walked to Izuku side making sure not to touch in case she wasn't allowed yet. The boy had a mask over his head helping him breathe. His hair was messy and shorter with small blood stains on it. You could see a small metal piece shining in from the reflection of the morning sun where Izuku's incision was made. His face was relaxed and a bit sweaty. His chest made rising and falling motions signaling the ventilator was working. Both his arms were at his sides with an IV needle sticking inside it. His lower half was covered by a thin hospital blanket.

"Baby..." Inko whispered. She was relieved that the surgery went well and that her son was ok.

"Izuku here did a very good job. His tumor took time to take out but it all worked out in the end. Dr. Yushi double checked if he missed anything and luckily everything was removed. If you have any more questions follow me. Visitation hours are supposed to be over but we let you see him since he recently got out" the nurse said while opening the door.

Inko nodded her head and said goodbye to her son. She followed the nurse and there she was informed with everything she needed to know about the recovery time and what to do and Inko took notes on everything.

.

.

.

.

.

"Mmmm.... W-....what...?"

Izuku was finally waking up. He slowly opened his eyes to take in his surroundings. White walls, white counters, needle in his arm, a constant beeping sound in his ear, and an uncomfortable bed.

"....hospital..." he gouged out while adjusting his posture a bit. He looked to the side to look out the window. The sun was out and illuminated the sky in orange hues. It was morning but he didn't quite know of what day. He couldn't really process many things yet but he knew that he was in the hospital and it was morning.

"Well good morning Mr. Midoriya" someone called.

Izuku slightly jumped from the noise and slowly turned his head to see a female nurse walking around and writing on a clipboard.

"You made an excellent recovery! Usually when someone has brain surgery, they wake up in a week but you wake up after 36 hours! Pretty amazing if you ask me"

The nurse checked a few more things, making Izuku more aware of his situation giving him time to wake up and actually start thinking. After a few more minutes the nurse stood in front of his bed ready to finish the rest of her job.

"Ok so I'm going to ask you some questions and you answer. It's ok if you can't get them right, just answer the best you can."

Izuku hummed in response, not strong enough to move his mouth yet.

"What's your name?"

"..I-..Izu...ku Mi-Midoriya.."

"Good. how old are you?"

"Tw-twenty th...three"

"Mmmhm! That's great! Now can you try moving your fingers?"

Izuku glanced at his hand and focused on moving his fingers. He wiggles them making him smile weekly.

"Good good now move your toes"

He now focused at the edge of the bed and tried moving his toes. The blanket shifted a bit making Izuku celebrate his victory silently without moving.

"You did amazing! You stay here and rest. I'll be back with breakfast in an hour"

The nurse left and Izuku did as asked and took a short nap and, as promised, was awoken with breakfast and god was he hungry. The food didn't look amazing since it was hospital food but he didnt care. To his surprise his mother walked in with the food tray. She smiled widely and placed the food down on the table and went to go hug her son. She tried being careful, but gave small squeezes making Izuku wince. She apologized and gave Izuku his food. They talked for a bit before the same doctor a few days prior came in.

"Looking good Mr, midoriya! I have some news~" the doctor stated with a small smile. Inko and Izuku looked at each other and nodded slowly afraid of what was coming next.

"No worries. It's actually good news! You two can go home tomorrow and make sure that he is in perfect health. Everything else was taken care of" he said with a smile. Inko and Izuku furrowed their brows in confusion.

"What about the payment?" Inko spoke while grabbing her son's hand.

"Like I said: everything else has been taken care of," the doctor stated and left the room with a bow. Inko and Izuku looked at eachother thinking the same thing..

"An...Anonymous donation?!"

"Well at least we don't have to worry about it anymore?... dang I want to thank whoever did such a nice deed" Izuku said, frowning while continuing to eat.

The next day Izuku was instructed to stretch his leg, arm, neck, and back muscles. Izuku was pretty flexible so he was able to do these exercises easily. Of course his mother or a nurse actually lifted his legs but his muscles did all the needed stretching. He was then discharged from the hospital and was driven back to his apartment by his mother who, for some reason, rented, or in her words ''borrowed it from someone" and was dropped off at his house. When they both entered, Inko gave Izuku the list of what to do and not do during his recovery. Izuku understood and gladly took the list. His mother then started grabbing all of her things to start leaving again.

"Where are you going ma?" Izuku said while he was sitting on the couch.

Inko froze her movements and crouched down in front of Izuku who was a little confused.

"Honey i'm leaving tomorrow night so I wont be able to take care of you so someone else will be here to take my place ok?" she said now caressing her son's face.

Izuku leaned over and hugged his mom tightly.

"I trust you mom. Ill miss you..."

"I'll miss you too and hey! Don't ghost me ok? I wanna know how you're doing if that means through text or call. You're my son and age isn't important to me. So if I need to fly back here to slap your face if I find out you're overworking yourself... I will do it" She said now looking at Izuku while pointing a playful finger to his face.

 Izuku laughed and nodded his head hugging his mom again. Inko left shortly after making sure to lock the door. Izuku was now waiting patiently on his couch just catching up on the most hero's news. Nothing too bad was going on, just a couple of robberies. Shortly after he heard a knock on the door. Izuku carefully got up and slowly walked to the door.

"COMING! Just... hold on!" he yelled so whoever is there doesn't leave. As soon as he reached the door he put all his weight on it from the exhaustion that walk caused him, and opened the door.

"Oh hey! What are you doing here?" Izuku said while poking his head out looking left and right to see if anyone was behind the newcomer. He didn't see anyone and looked directly in katsukis eyes.

"Are you serious? I thought your mom told you?" He deadpanned with a serious expression.

Izuku looked puzzled but then realized what katsuki meant "w-wait! You're taking care of me! Don't you have... I don't know... Hero stuff?!" Izuku said while looking at the taller man in front of him in wide eyes and expressing himself with his hands.

"I used my vacation time to help you- can I come in now?" Katsuki said, getting a little impatient. He didn't want other people to see him here since they were talking in the hallway. Izuku nodded his head to let the other male in his home. Izuku closed the door and slowly followed Katsuki to the living room. Izuku sat on the couch exhausted and sighed. He looked to see where Katsuki was but he couldn't see him. He heard some rustling where his room was, gasping loudly.

"HEY! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING! GET OUT OF MY ROOM!" he yelled while starting to get up from his spot only to be pushed back down gently.

"Sit your ass down. Im paking you a bag." Katsuki said now returning to Izuku's room.

"Why?!"

"Oh my g- where do you think i'm going to sleep? On the couch? No thank you. I have a guest room so you can sleep in their- ow dammit" Katsuki said while making a loud thumping noise.

Izuku stared at the hallway where his room was connected before realizing again "WAIT I'M COMING TO YOUR PLACE!?" Izuku said now seeing Katsuki come out of the room raising an eyebrow.

"Yea? Is there a problem?" he said, still looking at Izuku, who was still sitting on the couch. Izuku blushed a bit before turning around to not face him.

"N-not really...." he said now, kind of frowning.

Katsuki knew something was wrong but didn't want to question it so he went back into the room and started putting some of Izuku's clothes in a gym bag he found In Izuku's closet. Katsuki was the one who actually requested... no advised Inko that he can take care of him since she had to go back to the United States. Inko agreed but was worried about Katsukis job as Number one hero but he assured her that he took a couple weeks of vacation and only went when it was absolutely necessary.

Katsuki didn't pack much of Izuku's clothes mostly because they didn't fit in the gym bag but he also had other reasons... Soon he was done and came out the door and was met with a sleeping little greenhead lying down on the couch. Katsuki sighed knowing he would have to wake him up.

"Hey... c'mon... we gotta go"

Izuku opened his eyes and kept them half closed. He yawned and nodded his head. He lifted himself up off the couch. Suddenly he felt something wrap around him. He looked at what it was and followed it all the way up to its source. Once he saw that it was Katsuki he blushed slightly and gave a small 'thank you.' Katsuki simply looked away to hide his own face and walked to the door with his arm still wrapped around the other's waist. He made sure to cover his hair with his beanie and went to his car. He placed the bags in the bag and helped Izuku get buckled in. When Katsuki was helping Izuku, the greenette had another perfect view of Katsukis profile. It was so close to his own face and body it made Izuku press himself against the seat of the car. Katsuki shut the door and both breathed out a breath of air neither knew they were holding. Katsuki jumped into his own seat and started the car to make his way to his house.

"How long is the recovery?" katsuki asked.

"Hmm? Oh, it varies from 3-4 weeks. Why do you ask?"

"Nothing just needed to know so I can check in with my work schedule" Katsuki shrugged.

"Oh... sorry" Izuku said now slouching on his seat and looking out the window. He watched the city light pass by in awe. It was pretty late now so it was around the time where all the street lights would turn on. Katsuki looked over at the boy and back at the road frowning. He took one hand and hesitated to place it on the boy's leg. He settled on putting it on the arm rest instead.

"What's wrong?" he asked in a neutral expression, not wanting to show worry or annoyance.

Izuku flinched a bit upon hearing his tone. He already did not like where this was going.

"I-its just I find it weird that you want to help me is all. I mean you're the number one hero of Japan! Why would you take your vacation time just to work more...." he said trailing off. He hated being taken care of. He didn't like how he was sometimes treated like he was weak. Sure he needs the help now but if it was costing Katsuki to take time off just to take care of him instead of relaxing... he could have just stayed home ordering out and walking as less as possible. He could figure out a way to take care of himself around the house.

"Hey! I'm doing this because I want to not because I was asked to, get it? Besides, I don't like taking vacation time and just sit and do nothing. I prefer helping people in every way I can. I'm doing that now aren't I?" he asked, taking a side glance at Izuku while turning into his street.

"yea...I- I just don't like to be treated like i'm some weekling is all... sorry" He said now looking down on his lap.

Katsuki drove up to his driveway and parked his car. He turned his car off and turned his body towards Izuku.

"Your not a weakling but you are in a week state of mind. You literally had brain surgery and the doctors specifically gave you instruction for someone to help you do things. Once you're recovered you can do whatever the hell you want but in the next 4 weeks I will be up your ass and taking care of you. Now c'mon, there's someone who's waiting to see you" he said now smiling and getting out of the car.

Katsuki was right he was in a weak state of mind and he needed to be careful when doing things now no matter how stupid. He sighed and unbuckled his seatbelt and opened the door. He stepped out while holding the door and then closed it with a slam while slumping his body weight on the car again.

"I said... you need help with doing things," Katsuki said while taking a hold of Izuku's waist with one arm and holding the gym bag in the other. Izuku blushed again, still not used to the contact and at how close Katsukis face was. They both went inside the huge mansion and were greeted with a very excited Miss.

"Miss. sit" katsuki said glaring at the dog. He didn't want her to jump on Izuku and hurt him. Miss compiled but her whole body was shaking in excitement upon seeing the green haired boy. Izuku smiled widely and tried detaching himself from Katsukis hold but it only got tighter. Izuku looked at Katsuki who had a serious face.

"You need to take a shower and eat first, the dog needs to calm down"

Izuku sighed but nodded. He was guided up the stairs and went down a hallway all the way to a guest room. Izuku opened the door for Katsuki, seeing that he had his hands occupied, and was met with a gigantic room. It was squared with dark red walls and a white ceiling. All the way to the back was a fairly large room with a tiny balcony connected to it. The floor was carpeted and soft. The bed was at the right side of the room with two small tables on the side of it. The bed was tall and fluffy. It was a king size and was covered in pillows. Across from the bed there was a closet where Izuku could put his clothing in it. The rest of the room was decorated in paintings and some dragon like figurines on the tall shelves. They looked expensive too. Izuku walked in and noticed that right next to the closet was another door. He approached it slowly while Katsuki placed the Izuku bag on the bed. He opened the door and noticed that it was a bathroom. It was very big and was decorated in all black except for the toilet, sink, and what looked like to be a bidet. He's never actually seen one disconnected from the toilet since most of Japan's toilets have a jet connected to it. He walked back into his room and watched Katsuki clean up the room a bit.

"I like the decoration of this place. Nice, dark, and cozy" he said hugging himself and tuking his neck in.

Katsuki laughed "alright now go take a shower i'll have dinner ready in a bit"

Izuku nodded and went back inside the bathroom and turned on the water.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 3.9K 58
♥︎♡♥︎♡ Izuku Midoriya's world comes crumbling down. He's all alone in a world with no one to care for him. He ends up in the streets. When he disap...
53.3K 1.4K 25
(Quirk AU) I saw this picture...saw the comments...and BOOM, I decided to write a fanfic :3 this is also my very first fanfic so sorry if it isn't th...
50.7K 1.1K 10
Bakugo has always been on the harsher side with his smaller classmate, Deku. They grew up together, and Bakugo had always had a soft spot for him tha...
198K 6.5K 53
Midoriya was the class scapegoat due to his lack of a quirk. In the world of quirks, not all men are created equal. When what's left of his dream is...