Star-Crossed Enemies ✔️

By Freeze_you_out

Book 3 of the Star-Crossed Series. You have to at least read the first book of the Star-Crossed Series to rea... More

Book Trailer
Characters
Author's Note
Epigrah
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 - King Dante
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue
Other Books

Chapter 2

12 3 0
By Freeze_you_out

I always thought about Death.

Will I have a quick death? Will I suffer? Will a werewolf kill me?

That was always the most likely case.

I have trained my whole life to fight them and hunt them. They were vile creatures that enjoyed praying on the weak, and it was our job to hunt them and kill them. To keep the human population safe. We were their only line of defence. Nobody else knew they existed. They have kept hidden in the forest, rarely being spotted, but we knew they were out there, and one by one we started learning their secrets. Their strengths and weaknesses.

Silver was the most lethal.

It hurt them bad. If touched by a werewolf, the silver would burn them, but ingested, it weakens the wolf to a point where they were unable to turn into their beasts, making them weak, vulnerable.

They had packs, we learned. A hierarchy of a sort. The Alphas were the leaders and the Betas were the equivalent of their seconds. All the wolves from the pack responded to them. There were several packs spread around the world. The organization managed to find some of them, but we knew there were more.

Either way, I always wondered about my death, and I guess I always thought I would die fighting. I would get killed in a hunt or something, not stuck in a prison for days, wondering how the beasts will kill me. Will they slash my throat with their claws? Bite me with their big teeth? Will they be in their human form when they do it? Or will I have to face the wolf? Either way, I knew I would die, and I welcome death with open arms. I knew no rescue team would be located to extract us, it was too dangerous, and I was conformed by it. I will happily give my life for the cause before spilling any of the hunter's secrets.

Lupis Morte Filii

That was our moto. Death to The Children of the Moon. We dedicated our lives to hunting them and killing them, and there will come a time where our mission will prevail and our sacrifice will not be for nothing.

Sometimes I wonder how my father is doing? Did he mourn me? Did he know that I was alive? Was he making plans to avenge me?

Would he miss me?

Would he even notice I was gone?

And perhaps the most dangerous question in my mind...

Would he even care?

All my life he has dedicated his life to the Organization, putting it above his family on numerous occasions. His son died and he just jump into work the very next day. Never once did I see him mourn him since he has been gone. Never once did he offer me a shoulder to cry on after Dean's death, he just barely acknowledges me every time we are in the same room. And when he does notice me, he always finds something to criticize.

Oliver was always father's favourite, he was always proud of him, and he made sure to show it to him when they were together. Me? That was a complete different case. Father never wanted a daughter, he wanted sons to carry on his legacy. So I did everything I could to make him proud. I trained harder than anyone of the recruits, I studied hard, always having top marks in my evaluations and went through all of that never once complaining, all so that I could become a hunter my father was proud of.

Not sure how proud of me he would be right now, I thought as I am pushed into a van and forced to take a seat. The bag placed in my head allowed very little light, so there was no way for me to decipher where I was or devise exit strategies. My hands are bound together and so are my legs. I couldn't move. I couldn't see. I could only count on my other senses to get a grip on my location. I knew I was in a van, and from what I can hear, so are two? other hunters, I don't know who. They were moving us, but to where?

Sure we were questioned during our stay in their prison, but it was all very...soft. Sure there were some punches thrown around, along with some insults, but nothing that revealed how monstrous they really were. Why were they holding back? God knows the hunters never hold back when they are torturing information out of a wolf, something they must surely be aware of, so why were they taking it easy on us?

Perhaps they were just preparing us for the main event, that must surely be it, I ponder as I try listening to my surroundings, anything that might give me a clue about what was happening and where they were taking us.

I hear doors opening and people getting in. Wolves.

"Hey man, you alright?" I hear one of them ask.

"All good man, just thought I smelt something." another man responded. His voice send shivers down my spice, which I immediately shrug off, it must have been an air current. Wait...was he insinuated that I smell?

"It's probably just the prisoners. They've been in the dungeons for days. Not exactly the Four Seasons dow there." the other guy jokes, which I am partially offended by. Jokes on them for having us smell like this. I felt dirty all over and I really didn't want to think about how I smelt.

"Just open a window if it bothers you that much, man." the other guy says teasingly

I hear the other guy chuckling. I just want to give them both a good ass beating for taking this amount of enjoyment in humiliating us like this. I hated them all. I hated them all for taking me prisoner. I hate them for not having killed me already. I hate them for even existing! The world would surely be a more stable and a safe place if these creatures simply vanished from existence. Ohhhh I couldn't wait to see that.

We must have been riding for two hours maybe when I started fidgeting in my seat.

My ass was starting to become numb.

And it was really uncomfortable.

I hated sitting still for too long. That was just not who I was.

I was just about to complain to my captors when all of a sudden there is a sound of a large explosion and the car swerves to the right in a harsh way, making me hit my head against the window quite forcefully, leaving me dazed and confused, and to finish I feel the car hit a large object turning it motionless.

The fuck is going on?

"TAKE COVER!" I hear somebody yell and then I start hearing guns going off.

My head was spinning and I didn't have a good grasp on what was happening but I understood enough to know that I had to get out of there, before I got hit by a stray bullet. I could hear shouts and growls from outside, but what worried me even more was the smell of smoke coming from the vehicle.

"We need to get out..." I mumble trying to act through the dizziness. Where there is smoke there is fire. We need to get out of the car. Now.

I try pulling on the restrains but to no use. They were locked in tight.

"HEY!" I yell desperate " GET US OUT! THIS SHIT IS ABOUT TO BLOW!"

God but what is the point? The wolves were going to kill us anyway. This will only do the job for them. But then again...what was that explosion? And who was shooting at us? Could it be the hunters? Were they rescuing us?

A spark of hope enlightens in me. They were here to rescue us! I knew father wouldn't let me die.

All of a sudden the door next to me is thrown open, I feel someone pull on my chains until they break away and then arms are lifting me up from my seat. His touch sent a sparkle down my spine, making me tense in his hold. He stood frigid with me in his hold.

"Fuck" I hear him curse quietly.

In a quick move, the bag concealing my head and preventing me from seeing anything was pulled out, leaving me to blink quickly with the sudden light.

"Mate" the guy says his hold on my tightening.

It was only now that I manage to get a real look of my captor.  He was young, probably my age. With red hair and brown eyes. Maybe in another world I might consider him cute, but he was a wolf. And I learn to look past good looks. They were vicious monsters who would kill you in a minute without any regrets, so it's better to kill them first.

"Hands off you mutt" I spit out in anger.

Almost as if he is out of a trance, his features harden and he pulls me roughly away from the van, as we evade the bullets flying through the air.

I try getting out of his hold, but he is holding me tight. His strength never faltering.

"Let me go, you stu-"

BOOM

There was a large bang, a flash of light and a force pushing me down to the ground leaving me breathless.

Second Chapter Done! What are your first impression of Hayley?

Do you remember her from Star-Crossed Lovers? She had a very brief introduction there, and now I'm looking forward to exploring her and Julius relationship in this book!

Don't forget!

VOTE ⭐

COMMENT ✍️

SHARE 💌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

819 60 18
#2 New Moon Series _An enemy of an enemy is a friend_ I have yearned for a mate ever since I learnt of one. Thoughts about having someone who would l...
19.2K 2K 26
Reya, an ex-werewolf hunter has found her Alpha mate, Cole, and has resided in his pack for safety from the human colonies that are hunting them down...
5.1M 134K 37
Alpha Cross of the Macabre Pack was a ruthless killer. He was known for leaving pack after pack in a bloodbath with not a single survivor in sight. A...
48.1K 3.7K 47
J has her wolf back. She has a mate, a pack, a family. She even knows her name. Life has never been this good. And yet, she can't quite relax. Her m...