Garden Of Eden

ourcreepypastalover द्वारा

You own a nightclub that is actually a safe haven for monsters in a world that does not fully accept them. Yo... अधिक

Chapter 1: The Incubus
Chapter 2: The Harpy
Key Information:
Instagram
Character Descriptions!
2 years?!
Chapter 4: What is This Feeling?
Chapter 5: I'm a Djinn in a bottle, You Gotta Rub Me the Right Way
Explore the Garden of Eden
Chapter 6:Trust no one. Not even your own shadow
Where do witches bake their cookies?

Chapter 3: The First Day

2.1K 118 18
ourcreepypastalover द्वारा

Ryder pov

First day jitters, more like my anxiety shooting through the roof. I've already been here for a week, and still I find it hard to even face strangers again. I should have the confidence an incubus would be proud of, but f*ck if I can't seem to find it. I know I had told y/n that I would be fine and could help out, now, however, I just want to curl up into a ball.

It doesn't help with how hungry I am for some sexual energy, but at the same time the thought of that makes me sick. If I can't get over my past, how will I survive? My way of survival, screwed up because of all the bullsh*t I had to endure.

I am such a mess.

I am a failure to my kind.

An embarrassment.

Pathetic.

I should just-

A soft knock to my door breaks me of my thought. I glance to the wooden structure that keeps me and the one standing outside of it separated. The sight of it is blurry and it is then that I realize that I was crying.

"Ryder? Are you in there?" a sweet voice calls, muffled by the door. Y/n is standing outside my room.

I quickly wipe my eyes and clear my face. There is no need for her to worry about me, she is already busy with other pressing things anyway, I'm sure. I take a few deep breaths to calm down and keep myself from panicking, but it wasn't working. I could feel a panic attack creeping up, and it was difficult to catch my breath.

Another knock came from the door. I almost forgot y/n is out there. I just need another moment to try to get myself under control.

"Yeah, give me a moment!" I give a quick shout to her. I focus back on my breathing, but I am still not calming down.

I decided to just quickly see what she wants and then have her leave, maybe once y/n is gone, it will be easier to mellow out.

I walk to the door and crack it open just a bit. My eyes nearly pop out of my head when I see the outfit she is wearing. I couldn't catch my breath before, I was suffocating now. She looks so beautiful in the modest, yet sexy cocktail dress.

It's a long, one shoulder strap, dark purple dress. There is a slit that comes from the bottom of the dress and runs all the way up to just above the knee. I was in such a conflicting state of hunger, sickness, and panic.

"Ryder? Are you alright? You look a little pale." I hear y/n ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just getting ready to work." I say and close my door, or a least try too. I look back at her e/c orbs and see the worry they hold.

Her eyes tell me everything I need to know, the perks of being an incubus. Eyes are a window to the soul and being able to tell what your prey feels and how to correct it helps a bunch when looking for a meal.

"Are you sure you want to take on your problems alone? If you let me, I would love to try and help."

I hesitate for a moment. Every minute, it gets harder to catch my breath and I just want to be alone. In any case, y/n's presence will probably just make it worse.

"Nah, I'll be good." I try and convince her to go. I think it finally worked when I gave her a pleading look to go. She looks down in dejection for a moment before handing me a pill bottle.

'What is-"

"I know someone who helps the non-human population, kind of like a doctor for your kind. I go to him for when we need some medical supplies or medication." Y/n explains as I examine the bottle a little more. She clears her throat and continues.

"He is here now and said he wanted to check you over and do some evaluations if you need help. If you don't want to meet him, you don't have too. Jett refuses to have anything to do with him unless...well, anyway, I asked our doctor friend for some anxiety reducing medication." She says with a tilt of her head to the bottle in my hands.

I look back at her with a small smile, thankfully not pushing me to go see this doctor and allowing me to finally close the door. I read the instructions real quick and pop a pill in my mouth.

I was surprised at how fast it took and very soon, I was able to breathe again and relax. Once again, y/n came in and saved me.

After calming down and the medicine took effect, I was able to finish getting dressed and made it down to the bar room. Y/n thought it would be best if I work with Jax tonight since we seem to get along pretty good as well as to get my bearings.

"No worries dude, I'll show you the ropes!" Jax replied with a chipper mood.

Yeah, the two of us really bonded over this past week. I've gotten to know a little more about everyone else as well, but they still don't want to get to close to me. It's understandable since I am still new, so there are no hard feelings there.

Out of everyone here though, Jett is the one that really gives me the creeps. He's just like I remember how driders usually act. They're standoffish in nature, and their frame is quite intimidating, even to my kind.

Though I won't deny, I gave it a go around with a female drider back in the day. It only happened once though because I didn't know they followed quite the bit of spider instincts. In other words, I was going to be eaten in a way, that I never want to be eaten.

I didn't really notice them when I first arrived, as I was trying to keep my guard up and read Jett's eyes, but I finally noticed that he is covered in scars. Some of the scars are whelped up, like he was cut with something sharp, others it looks like are whip markings.

It really makes me wonder about his story, but I sure as hell ain't asking.

Breaking out of my thoughts, I answer Jax. "Yeah, I hope you can keep me in line." I laugh jokingly and begin to line up the glasses, making sure they are easily accessible.

"Oh, trust me, I highly doubt that will be an issue." Jax replies while setting up the bottles of liquor, turning them so the labels faced forward.

"Okay guys, are we ready to open?" Y/n asks Jax and I. we both give a firm nod and watch as she switches the neon lights on outside.

Kane showed up a little later in the night, for wherever reason he was behind, making me wait on tables and clean them up. Originally, I was only supposed to be the bus boy, but I did the waiter part until the satyr arrived.

He was good with the crowd, keeping them entertained. It was surprising to see these many humans in a place with quite a few non-humans. Though, whether it's because we are actually serving them or because they can stand to be around us is uncertain.

"Ryder, can you bring this to that gentleman over there? I've got to hit table three and seven before they start causing trouble." Kane asked as he handed me a fancy glass with a green liquid.

I look over to a table that is in the back corner. There in the chair, is a slender man, sprawled out on the chair, legs propped on top of the table like he's of high importance. I can't help but raise an eyebrow at his figure.

"Sure, I can do that." I say with a little uncertainty.

I slowly make my way towards the man and the unsettling grin on his face gets wider and creepier. I can tell by the way he's dressed that he definitely isn't a regular human. The closer I get, the more I can smell of dirt and daisies, a scent that is definitely coming from the man....or more correctly, the witch.

He's a witch doctor, the earthy smell gives them away every time.

I carefully set his drink down and go to quickly leave, knowing its best to keep my distance from them, but he stops me.

"Oh, come on, I was hoping to at least get a 'hello' from our newest team member." He snickers.

I turn to look at him for a moment and greet him back. "Hello." Now, I'm ready to leave the guy, but he goes to speak again.

"How are the pills holding up?"

The pills? Oh...He must be the doctor that y/n mentioned. I'm sure she could have done better than this guy though, he looks more like charlatan than the real deal.

"They worked just fine, thanks." I said.

He grins further, introducing himself, "My name is Braham, Witch Doctor of the East or whatever. News traveled that y/n found another stray to take in and I decided to come check it out. I need to make sure your fixed of course."

My eyebrows furrowed at his comment. Fixed? That's really the way he wanted to word that sentence? I get ready to say something back when s feminine voice spoke.

"Braham, can't you behave yourself when you decide to stick around?" Y/n chides the witch.

"Y/n, can't you be more hospitable to the one who provides aid to you and your little crew." He laughs.

She rolls her eye at the comment. "What are you even doing on the first floor? Shouldn't you be on the second?"

"Oh, I would love nothing more than to be there and see my mischievous djinn, but I really wanted to meet the new recruit. He would be a pretty thing if you fed him better."

I really wish he wouldn't speak like I'm not here.

"Anyway, I also have to attend some business with Jett before I can really divulge in my lust and desires." Braham winks and gulps down his drink. "I'm sure, for my services, the drinks are on the house?" he asks.

"Of course, now get out of here before you freak out my help and customers." A laugh forms from y/n's mouth.

We both watch as Braham slides out of his chair and slinks to the stairs. Again, back in the day, I rarely felt fear or worry, half of the creatures here had nothing on me...but it's not like it use to be. It's crazy how a change in environment, can completely change a person as a whole.

"Please excuse Braham, he can be a real bastard sometimes." Y/n apologizes.

Yeah, I can tell. The jerk acting like the place is his playground and the people his toys.

The rest of the night went rather smooth. I didn't have to see doctor d*ck again, and Kane and I had some good bonding time. We were able to close at four with no issues. Damon arrived downstairs as Kane, Jax, y/n, and I are cleaning and by the look on his face, I can tell something is up.

"Hey Damon, how was the crowd tonight? No unwanted touching, I hope." Y/n asked.

It was then, he bust out in a fit of laughter. "Did-Did you, by any chance, happen to see Braham last night or any this morning?" He speaks as clear as he could, completely ignoring the questions.

"Oh, I can already tell where this is going. I'll go ahead and make a drink for Seth." Jax sighs.

I look towards y/n for an explanation, only to find her hands on her face in exasperation. "Me and my big mouth." I heard her say.

I go to take a step towards Y/n, but the creaking of the wooden stairs that lead to the second floor creaked. I turn my head to see Seth walking down with a deep scowl on his face. The air turned tense and it felt like we were all holding our breath.

"Who, the f*ck, reminded him that I was working tonight?" Seth growled.

Silence filled the air.....at least until Damon busted out laughing again.

////////////////////////

Ya know, until everyone pointed it out, I didn't realize how many same letter names we have...oops.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

608K 20.1K 30
↳ ⋆ˊˎ-•̩̩͙- ❝I PROMISE I'M THE ONE FOR YOU! ♡❞ | 🌻 | ; in which a girl receives obsession filled texts. -IN THE PROCESS OF BEING RE-WRITTEN- ▃▃▃▃▃...
2.4K 151 5
Becoming the villainess of a visual novel you played in your past life after dying in the dumbest way possible is tragic, but so is being the one cha...
1.6M 95K 104
The Readers Choice Awards 2018 Winner - General Fiction Genre Cankerfell Tunnels, a place where people travel to gain fame and wealth, yet every sing...
46.9K 1K 13
"You're so lovely, I have to have you". Love makes you do strange things, but if kidnapping, threating you and drugging you is what it takes for the...