A Melody With You ~ Saimatsu...

By aSilentPassion

A Hopes Peak Academy without despair? Shuichi Saihara and Kaede Akamatsu are first years at Hopes Peak Academ... More

Ultimate Pianist - Chapter 1
Detective Akamatsu and Saihara on the Case! - Chapter 2
Ultimate Detective - Chapter 3
Believe in Yourself - Chapter 4
Getting to Know You - Chapter 5
A Duet Together - Chapter 6
1st Year Ultimate Students - Chapter 7
Date - Chapter 9
Confession - Chapter 10
Pianist and Adventurer - Chapter 11
Training - Chapter 12
Tension - Chapter 13
The Truth Behind Your Lies. - Chapter 14
A Melody With You - Chapter 15
Relationship - Chapter 16
Short 1 ⭐ - Iruma's New Invention
Double Date - Chapter 17
To get the Astronaut and Assassin Together - Chapter 18
Short 2 - Shuichi's Love Hotel Event
Class Representative - Chapter 19
Shipping - Chapter 20
Our True Feelings - Chapter 21
Ultimate Hang Out - Chapter 22
Kaito Momota and Maki Harukawa - Chapter 23
Short 3 - Meeting You Again
Hopes Peak Getaway - Chapter 24
Meeting the Cast - Chapter 25
Mr. Shirokuro - Chapter 26
Day Two - Chapter 27
Disaster - Chapter 28
Short 4 ⭐ - Pool Troubles
Investigation - Chapter 29
Our Class Trial - Chapter 30
Short 5 - Reality Dating Show
Our Getaway Conclusion - Chapter 31
The Calm Before The Storm - Chapter 32
Short 6 - A Special Present For a Special Pianist
Dawn of Despair - Chapter 33
Endeavor - Chapter 34
Only I Deserve The Pain - Chapter 35
Short 7 - Little Saihara
Short 8 ⭐️- Kiss The Girl
Decrescendo from Hope - Chapter 36
Crescendo into Despair - Chapter 37
Without You - Chapter 38
Three Words - Chapter 39
Goodbye to the Past - Chapter 40
Short 9 - Hanahaki
Moving On - Chapter 41
Evil Organization? - Chapter 42
Cheating - Short 10 ⭐
Planning - Chapter 43
Before the Festival - Chapter 44
Practice - Chapter 45
Motivation and Rivalry - Chapter 46
Comfort - Short 11 ⭐
Sports Festival - Chapter 47
Class Events Part 1 - Chapter 48
Class Events 2 - Chapter 48.5
Unwanted Memories - Chapter 49
Unwanted Memories Part 2 - Chapter 49.5
Special Spot in My Heart - Short 12

Maki Roll- Chapter 8

2.6K 40 223
By aSilentPassion

Me and Saihara finished up lunch, and spent the rest of our break just talking. 

"What do you think of the class so far?" He asked me.

"Hm.. I think I can deal with everyone here.. I want to be friends with everyone!" I said with a happy expression. But suddenly, I remembered that he was here.. "Eh.. Almost everyone."

"Who? Everyone except Oma?"

"No, I think I could even be friends with Oma if we get to know him better. I'm talking about Rantar- I mean Amami." 

"H-Huh? Why? I thought he was one of the most normal people here. A-And why do you call him by his first name?"

I sighed. "Amami is my ex, Saihara." 

"W-Woah!" he yelled out and then immediately got quieter to not attract attention. "Really?"

"Yea, I don't really want to talk about him though."

"I understand." he then changed the topic. "I don't know if I can make friends to be honest. Everyone here seems.. A bit strange."

"Nah, Saihara! You're really nice, so I'm sure you'll befriend everyone. And if you hide under your shell, I'm gonna force you to get out there!" 

He chuckled awkwardly. "Thanks, Akamatsu."

"Do you think there's a piano room? I'm dying to play some piano right now." I sighed. 

"Probably.. Or at least a piano somewhere in this school. This school makes sure we can build up our talents so it should have something for the Ultimate Pianist."

"Let's go look!" 

"A-Alright." Me and Saihara left the room to look for a music room.

"Hm.. In this map, it should be down this hallway." Saihara pointed and I followed him. 

"It's a good thing you brought that thing, I usually just hope that I know where I'm going!" I laugh. We get into the music room and open the door, and we see a girl jamming with a guitar, fire coming out of it. "W-Woah!!"

She was really going at it, she didn't even notice us come in. I'm surprised that I didn't even hear the music from outside, it was really loud inside with all the speakers. She was cooking a barbeque with her guitar. Saihara had a blank expression, almost as if he's used to the weirdness of this school.

Finally she finished her song and looked at us. "Hm? When'd I get an audience?"

"A-Ah! Hello, I'm Kaede Akamatsu and this is Shuichi Saihara. I'm the Ultimate Pianist and he's the Ultimate Detective. We were just here to play the piano!" 

"A fellow musician?!" she yelled out as she ran towards me. "I'm Ibuki Mioda! Ultimate Musician, how about the two of us do a sick duet!" 

"Yea, sure!"

"Uhh, really? You guys can do a duet? But isn't a piano more like.. Calm? And an electric guitar.. Not calm??" Saihara asked.

"Of course we can! I think. I'll figure something out!" Mioda said.

The rest of our lunch, Mioda and I tried to play a duet together but it never worked.. Our playing styles contrasted too much. I would be playing too soft while she would be screaming at the top of her lungs. Saihara hid in the corner from the contrast of noise.

"Damn.. I thought that with 2 Ultimate Music players, we would make a kickass melody! I was so hype!!" Mioda complained. "I still thought it was fun, so it's okay!" she said with her chest puffed out. 

I giggled at how wacky she was. "Yea, it was fun to at least try to play with a fellow musician!"

"How about next time, I'll compose a song for us and make the lyrics! It'll be great! I can even get the Pop Sensation too.. Ahhh! I'm super hype now!!" she yelled.

I just laughed nervously. I liked Mioda, but I was scared of what type of song she'll make.  "Haha, m-maybe.."

Suddenly, the bell rang. "Uh oh, Ibuki's gotta head to class or Ms. Yukizome will yell at me! I'll see you guys later! Let's hang later, Akamatsu!" she yelled out to us as she ran out the door. 

"Alright, we should be get going too, Saihara." He nodded his head and we walked back to our class.

As soon as we got to class, Iruma yelled at us. "About time Bakamatsu and Shyhara got to class! Were you two fuckin' in the bathroom or something?"

"N-No! We weren't!!" I yelled out, blushing furiously. How could she say something so.. vulgar?? I looked at Saihara and he was blushing too. He tried to hide himself with his hat but it wasn't there.

"God Iruma! Some things are better left unsaid.." I said to her.

She just scoffed. "Whatever!"

"Hm.. They are spending a lot of time together, don't you think? They even walked to school together. Are you two dating?" Tojo suggested.

"Ooo! Maybe they're childhood best friends! You know, and then they'll confess to each other at the end of the week and-" I cut Shirogane off.

"W-We're just friends guys!" 

Suddenly, Kaito came in with Harukawa, holding her arm so she wouldn't leave. Everyone's attention focused on them.

"Oh, hey Momota! Good job on bring Harukawa back." I said.

"Oh Kaede! No problem, she was hard to convince though! Don't know how much I had to follow her around, she's so good at hiding!" He laughed.

"You're such an idiot.. You didn't convince me, I don't want to be here." Harukawa said.

"Oi! I'm not an idiot. And I know you want us to be here with all of us, take off that mask already! It doesn't matter what talent you have or what you've done in the past, I'm sure you didn't want to kill anyone, you were probably forced to do it because you're burdened by your talent."

Harukawa sighed. "This is why you're an idiot.. Just stay out of people's business. People get afraid when they learn my talent, so I keep it to myself.. I won't kill anyone, but I don't think any of you will believe me. That will never change. It's better if I distance myself from others. Just leave me alone, alright?" She freed herself from his grasp and stormed out the classroom. 

Momota was gonna go after her again but I stopped him. "Just let her go for now.. We can always try again tomorrow, okay?" I told him. 

"..Fine. I'm coming after her after class ends though." He put his hand behind his head.

Our teacher came in the room again. "Alright class.. What's up.. Not quite sure what to teach you." He yawned. "Just do whatever again, I guess." He quickly fell asleep.

This wasn't what I was quite expecting during my life in Hopes Peak.. Was everyday gonna be like this?

"What should we even do today.." Saihara said.

"Angie suggests everyone to give a blood offering to Atua! Only about 2 pints!

"H-Huh?!" he yelled out.

"Yea! It's a Monday and usually on every Monday and Wednesday, we give an offering to Atua!" she exclaimed.

"S-Sorry, I'm anemic so I'll pass.." I said.

"It's okay! I just need one offering. It can be everyone except for Keebo!"

"H-Hey!? Why not me?? Are you being robophobic?!" 

"Of course not! Atua says to never discriminate.. However, I need real blood as an offering."

Keebo got up from his seat. "It is real blood! My blood is real! Just take it, Atua will accept it, I promise you! Please take it!" It was a bit weird to see someone begging to get their blood taken from them..

"Hmm.. Atua says that your blood does not count though! You are only a mere robot!"

Keebo looks down. "Oh.. I see.." He drags himself back to his desk and puts his head down on the table. Poor Keebo.. Oma laughed at his sadness.

"Hm, I am a bit interested in what Angie's traditions are as an anthropologist.." Shinguji says.

"I'm a bit interested in hearing you shut the fuck up!" Iruma yelled out, laughing really hard at her own joke. No one else laughed. Shinguji seemed to cross something out from a list, muttering something about "not worthy to be sister's friend."

"H-How about we all show a demonstration of each other's talents?" I offered.

"Great idea, Kaede. It's a good way to learn more about each other." Rantaro said. I rolled my eyes. 

"Yea, thanks.."

"Gonta thinks that's a great idea too! Gonta will be right back." Gonta swiftly ran outside. I had a bad feeling about this.. Hopefully he wouldn't bring a bunch of bugs in. I'm sorry Gonta, but I really can't handle bugs. 

"I'm not really sure how to show my detective skills.." Saihara said, thinking about what to do.

"Come on, can't you get like an I SPY book or something and find everything quickly?" 

"Yea, no." We both laughed at our dorkiness. 

"I can demonstrate my Supreme Leader talent by commanding an army to cause war outside!" Oma offered. 

"P-Please don't do that." Shirogane laughed awkwardly. "Oh! But I can show some of the works I've done in conventions!" 

She pulled out her phone and showed us all pictures. Wow.. I knew some of these characters and she looked almost exactly like them. Even the male ones. No wonder she was the Ultimate Cosplayer.

"Wow, you're such a nerd, Shirogane!" Oma says cheekily. Shirogane glares at him to shut up.

"Everyone, I've provided us tea during this time." Tojo says with a tray with 15 cups and a teapot. 

"Thanks Tojo!" I say to her. She just politely bows. I guess this was her way of demonstrating her Ultimate talent.

Some time passes and a lot of us shared our talents. We went to the music room and I showed them my piano playing; Gonta came back with a jar of bugs, which he insisted to letting them loose but I somehow managed convinced him not to; Rantaro showed some souvenirs from his adventures; Angie showed her artwork but demanded a pint of blood for showing her greatness; Shinguji showed us a ritual (creeping us all out); Momota discussed about space (and Oma made fun of him for not getting to space yet which resulted in yet another punch); Yumeno showed us a trick while Chabashira fangirled; Chabashira insisted that her Aikido-Arts work better against men so she did it against poor Saihara; Iruma was about to show an invention that instantly teleports you underwear on your head but luckily Tojo stopped her; Keebo showed his functions (Oma made fun of him the whole time); and Hoshi didn't show us anything, saying he's no longer worthy to play tennis. 

(A.N: I spared you all from reading all of that in multiple paragraphs, I didn't want to write more than I have to)

Saihara wasn't quite sure how to demonstrate his talent. 

"Well! That leaves everyone except for Saihara!" Oma yelled out.

"I-I don't really know how to demonstrate detective skills." he said.

"I know! How about I let one of my members kill someone, and you figure out which one of them killed him?"

"Oma, don't joke about that!" I lectured him.

"Maybe I can show you guys next time.." he said.

"Oo! I know" Momota yelled out. "How about you help me find Maki, that's something detectives do, right? It's killing me we're all having fun without her!" 

He nodded his head. "Yea, but.."

"Don't be scared of her, Shuichi! She's just a high schooler like the rest of us. Help a bro out, okay?"

He reluctantly agreed. "Alright then.."

"Let me come too, I feel guilty for leaving Harukawa alone!" I said standing up.

"You sure? Alright then! Anyone else wanna come?" Momata asked. Nobody said anything.

"Alright! Kaito and his sidekicks on an expenditure to find Maki!" 

"Oi.. When did I ever become your sidekick?" I asked with a laugh.

Saihara, Momota, and I left the classroom in search for Harukawa. Saihara lead the way. He first asked the guards at the front entrance if they saw anyone leaving the school and they said no.

"Alright Saihara! That means she's still here!" I said excitedly. "We don't have to search all around town!"

"Unless she sneaked out.. But, still, I doubt even Harukawa would get pass the Ultimate Guards." he laughed.

Then, he asked random teachers if they saw a girl wearing red with brown twintails along the way. He checked the map of locations she could've gone based on what other teachers said. 

"Shuichi, you really look like such a professional detective right now, it would be even cooler if you had a magnifying glass in your hand too!" Kaito exclaims. 

"T-Thanks."

Eventually, we tracked down one area she could've gone. An abandoned classroom. We opened the doors and the lights were off, I wondered if she was really here. We stepped in and the door closed behind us, trapping the light away.

"A-Ah!" Saihara yelled.

"W-Woah! Who closed the door behind us?" I screamed.

"AHH! I CAN'T SEE! WHO CLOSED THE DOORS??! W-W-W-W-WAS IT A GHOST! PLEASE GOD NO DON'T LET IT BE A GHOST!" Kaito was screaming even louder than me.

We frantically moved around and I hit something causing me to fall down on my back. Then, something landed on top of me."O-Ow!"

Suddenly, we heard a loud sigh as the lights turned on. 

"You guys really are such idiots.." a familiar feminine voice said. 

As my eyes adjusted to lights.. I saw a recognizable face really close to mine.

"S-S-S-S-SAIHARA?!" I yelled out. He was right on top of me, luckily he held himself up so his face wasn't right on top of mine. We were still really close though. He opened his eyes and finally saw me.

"A-Ah! S-Sorry!!!" We were both blushing really hard. I was covering my face in embarrassment while he stayed on top. I don't know why.. But this situation actually isn't too bad. I stopped covering my face and looked at his blushing face. When I see him this close..

Saihara is really cute..

I wouldn't mind if we stayed like this for a bit..

"Woah, sidekicks! This is no time to be making out, we were in a serious situation there!" Momota yelled.

Saihara immediately got up and so did I, he looked away in embarassment as I twirled my hair. 

"W-We just fell and got into that position!" he insisted.

"Yea, yea, sure, Shuichi! Anyways, look who you found!" He pointed towards Harukawa which dragged the attention towards her. "Nice job, detective Shuichi! I'm appointing you to #1 sidekick!" 

"T-Thanks??"

"I told you guys to leave me alone.." She sighed. 

"Well, if you really wanted us to leave you alone, you would've left the school and you didn't!" Momota said. "Come on Maki.. Come to class with us."

"I already said.. I won't.. Don't associate yourself with a killer like me."

"Harukawa.." I was about to comfort her but Momota interrupted me.

"How long are you gonna keep running away?" he said with a blank expression.

"What?"

"I mean, it's obvious that you were upset from the other's comments by you. I can tell you're not a horrible person, even if others think you are."

"What are you talking about?" 

Saihara and I just watched their conversation. It was a bit awkward to just be here..

"You're being a coward. Running away from others. What's your enemy?"

"..My enemy?"

"Yea, your enemy. You don't have to tell me who it is as long as you know."

"I don't have an enemy."

"Uh, yea you do. You keep running away from us, even though I keep trying to bring you back. What's your enemy stopping you from hanging out with the class?" he asked with a stiff expression. "How long are you gonna be running away?"

"..Running away?"

"Yea, you've been running away. It's pretty pathetic. But if you want to go against that enemy.. Even a little bit.. Leave it to me to help ya' out, I'll train you or fight it with you!" He gave her a thumbs up with a huge grin.

Harukawa looked really angry. I was getting worried what she would do to him if he kept this up.

"Momota, it's okay, you don't have to-" Saihara got cut off by Harukawa.

"Alright, fine. I'll stop running away."

"Alright!" Momota smiled. "I'm glad you get it!"

"No, it's the only way to gets idiots like you to stop bothering me. You'll just keep bugging me if I refuse." She pouted. Harukawa was actually pretty cute, even as an assassin.

"W-What?! Then you don't get it!"

"Let's head to class. Don't get too scared on your way out, I'm turning off the lights. By the way, the door closed because of it's weight, there's no ghost." she said nonchalantly. I could've sworn I saw her smile a little bit.

"H-Hey! The Luminary of the Stars doesn't get scared! Especially to ghosts!" he ran out the door before she could turn off the lights.

"Momota's a nice guy, isn't he?" I said to Saihara.

"Y-Yea, definitely.."

We all walked to class together, it was a nice that Harukawa was trying to interact with the rest of us. "Well, Maki! We all were introducing our talents together but, you know.. It's understandable if you don't want to show yours." He laughed awkwardly. 

"Yea."

"Hm.. How about doing something you like?" I suggested. 

"I don't really like anything."

"Well, it's fine. I know you're lying but it's probably something cute like teddy bears!" Momota said with a laugh.

"D-Do you wanna die?" She glared at him. Saihara and I looked a bit scared at her comment.

"Not really, not until I reach the stars!" Momota was unphased. They seemed to be a nice duo together.. He wasn't scared of her at all, and he was even trying to get Harukawa to interact more. 

"You're an idiot.." she sighed. She looked happy though.

"Come on, don't be like that, Maki Roll!" he said a bit offended.

"Huh? What the hell's a Maki Roll?" she asks, with a distressed look. "Please don't tell me that's your nickname for me.."

"Hm? Oh yea, of course it is! Came up with it right now! Doesn't it sound nice?"

"Not at all." she said without hesitation.

"Well, you'll get used to it!" he laughed.

It was still awkward between Saihara and I, after what had happened. I couldn't look at him without blushing..

We finally arrived in class, and it was almost about time for school to end. Everyone was huddled together on the floor.

Everyone got more tense once Harukawa walked in. 

"Hey.." she said, playing with her twintails.

"Listen up guys! Don't be afraid of Maki Roll! She's a student like the rest of us, you hear?" he pumped his fists together. Maki just looked embarrassed he called her that.

"You're like a protective dad, Momota!" I laughed.

"Hm, who's Maki Roll? Harukawa? Can I call her that too?!" Oma said, with stars in his eyes.

"No." Harukawa said, glaring at him.

"Jeez, fine! You're so boring.." he stared at his fingernails.

Harukawa just walked in and was about to sit down at her desk, but Momota convinced her to sit with the rest of the class on the floor. We all sat down as well. 

"What are you guys doing?" Saihara asked.

"Oh, we were just letting Amami get all the girl's nails done! He's surprisingly good!" Shirogane said.

"Nyahahaha! My nails look so divine!"

"For a male, he's not half bad.. But, I unfortunately can not get my nails done, it would get in the way of my Aikido Arts!" Chabashira said, hugging Yumeno who looked really annoyed.

I was annoyed at the attention he was getting.

"Yea, I had to do this all the time for my sisters so I got some talent in it." Rantaro said with a laugh.

"Wow Amami, maybe you could be the Ultimate Fashionista!" Oma exclaimed.

Suddenly, the bell rang and it was already the end of school. Hopes Peak Academy was definitely.. Interesting. Maybe tomorrow we would actually learn something. 

Everyone left the school, and I tried not to be around Rantaro too much. Harukawa and Momota walked home together which I found really cute. Saihara and I walked home together too, but there was still awkward air around us. I hoped it wouldn't last too long..

~Perspective Change~

Things were awkward between me and Akamatsu. We were walking home together, like we promised to do everyday, but we weren't talking. Every time I think about what happened in the empty classroom, I start blushing.

When we were on top of each other, I couldn't help but realize how cute she actually is.. Now that I think about it, Akamatsu has always been so adorable and cheerful. It made me happy just being around her. She was a really admirable girl. 

W-What am I thinking? I'm such a creep..

"H-Hey.. Sorry about earlier by the way." I said still blushing.

"O-Oh! No, it's okay. It's just a bit embarrassing, that's all. Especially because Momota and Harukawa witnessed it." She replied. "I don't think they'll tell anyone so it'll be okay!" She gave me a cheerful smile.

"Y-Yea.. You're right." I tried to return the smile but it was awkward. I just felt really nervous around her all of a sudden.

We arrived at her front door eventually. "Well, today was pretty.. Interesting to say the least." she said with an awkward laugh.

"Y-Yea! It was still fun though." I smiled at her.

"Yea, definitely. W-Well, I'll see you again tomorrow Saihara. Bye!" She waved at me and quickly entered her house.

"Bye A-Akamatsu!" I waved at her and she closed the door without looking at me.

I buried my hands into my face. That was way too awkward.. I hope we can move past this uncomfortable tension quickly. I don't want things to be weird between us all week. I don't even know why I'm being so nervous around her right now.

I walked home by myself and once I arrived, I let my body collapse on the couch. Fuyuka was at work and my uncle should still be at the agency so I was just home alone. 

I thought about Akamatsu. The more I think about her, she's honestly really pretty. I can't believe she was hanging out with an emo like me. I love the way she motivates me with a smile and how cute she is talking about piano. I love her cheerful personality, she's so happy all the time. She's the bestest friend I could ever have.

I'm such a weirdo.. Why am I even thinking about this.. I probably looked like a creep earlier, and that's why she's so awkward around me right now..

I laughed to myself for being so creepy.

Wait.

Suddenly, it hit me why I was nervous around her.

I.. I think I might have a crush on Akamatsu..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.8K 675 18
This fanfic begins in the early days of being trapped in the killing game, it's an unlikely place but romance can somehow manage to form anywhere no...
17.8K 480 32
RE-WRITE ON MY PAGE!! (but if you must you may read this steaming pile of garbage) Instead of the killing game, Hopes Peak is still an elite school...
41.2K 648 15
"I wish I could tell her" Shuichi is Kaede's secret admirer since 1st year. He always want to tell her but it seems like destiny and shyness doesn't...
16.2K 448 10
Shuichi Saihara is scouted into Hope's Peak Academy and meets Hajime Hinata and Makoto Naegi. They become best friends and soon, Shuichi realises tha...