Unusual Friends

By TeamViper

Title might change. Four girls from four different social groups get thrown together in a twist of fantasy an... More

Chapter 1: Getting Aquainted
Chapter 2: New Squad
Chapter 4: The Rascals
Chapter 5: The Heroes
Chapter 6: Upgrades
Chapter 7: Beach Trip
Chapter 8: Strip Club
Chapter 9: Animal Spirits
Chapter 10: That one Crossover
Chapter 11: Cat Leigh

Chapter 3: The Heists

304 16 25
By TeamViper

A/N: My dogs up top. The dark brown one is Onyx and light brown is Harley. She looks possessed.

Jade's POV

"Hey Jade.", Jesy says biting into her chocolate. "Why are you always earring candy?", I ask. "Cravings. I've recently stopped smoking and I eat junk to help me ignore the need to smoke.", she answers. "Or, you could chew a toothpick. Seems cliche but I hear it helps.", I say reaching into my locker to grab one. She sticks one between her teeth and nods as Perrie walks up to us. "Have you guys seen Leigh? I had some ideas about the you know what.", Perrie says walking up to us. I shake my head no and Jesy hums. Leigh walks up to us while looking down at her laptop before bumping into Jesy and staring off into space and her eyes turn purple.

"What did you see?", Jesy asks holding the toothpick between her fingers. "I closed my eyes before I saw anything. I didn't want to invade your privacy.", Leigh answers still looking down at her laptop. "Today, is Valentine's Day, the day when the museum is the most crowded, which is perfect for us to get away. It's full of people, fingerprints are everywhere, and the cameras are easy.", she says showing us her laptop. "What are you guys talking about?", one of Perrie's friends questions. Leigh shuts her laptop and we turn to face her. "Nothing T, I'll be over in a sec.", Perrie answers waving. She walks away making all of us sigh in relief before looking back to Leigh.

"You've been practicing your mirages right?", she asks Jesy. "I can hold them for about ten minutes now.", she answers. "How long can you keep someone under a charm?", she asks Perrie. "About five minutes. It takes a lot of focus.", Perrie answers. "Can you make people feel emotions that aren't yours?", she asks me. "I think so. It's kinda hard.", I answer. "You four, class, now.", the teacher says poking his head out the door. "You don't have to be cranky.", I mumble. "What was that Thirlwall?", he asks. "I said you didn't have to be cranky. But what to expect from a middle aged man with two kids and a wife that doesn't respect him?", I say. My hand flies to cover my mouth as he looks at me in shock.

"Why did you say that?", Perrie questions. "I don't know. It's like my mouth stopped responding to my brain.", I answer in shock. "Detention immediately. Your parents will hear about this.", he says pointing towards the door. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Jesy whisper something to Leigh who passes it onto Perrie. Jesy takes a can of spray paint out of her bag and runs down the hall spraying lockers. Leigh takes a marker and scribbles on the portraits on the walls. Perrie takes a bottle of water and dumps it on the teacher. "All four of you, detention!", he yells. They slap each other's palms and step into the room with me. "Why did you guys do that? You'll get in trouble.", I say.

"No talking.", the lady at the desk says. "Because we're going to sneak out and get to that museum.", Jesy answers. The lady leaves and Perrie walks over to the window and pushes it open before motioning to us. We all climb out and I shut it behind me. "We suit up and drive to the museum. When we're there, we walk in and grab what we need then get out.", Jesy says unzipping her jacket. We all take off our over clothes leaving us in our suits and I climb into my car. "Hello beautiful. It's been so long.", I say running my fingers over the wheel. "Welcome back Jade.", Sarah, my cars computer says. "Deactivate stealth mode.", I say pulling out the parking lot. Yellow lights fill the inside of the car and I grin as I speed up. "Pull around back.", Perrie says letting down her window.

I give a quick thumbs up and turn behind the museum before climbing out of my car. We walk around to the front and I slip up the mask attached to my suit and pull my hood up. I walk around looking at stuff until Jesy walks by and gently nudges my side. Perrie and walk up to the two guards and I tap the mans shoulder. "Don't you feel a little tired? Like you could fall asleep on the spot.", I say lowly. He yawns and collapses into my arms just as the man Perrie's talking to does the same. We leave their bodies in a nearby janitors closet and I give Leigh a nod. She touches her gloved finger to the glass box and blanks out. "When I give you the signal, make the mirage.", she say looking to Jesy.

She reaches into her pocket and sets something on the glass and taps it. It glows and turns in a quick circle before stopping again. "Now.", she whispers to Jesy. Her eyes turn red as a new version of the normal box is placed where it is. Leigh reaches inside and grabs the cat and the alarm goes off. "Take it and run.", she says handing it to me. I stuff it into the duffel bag on my shoulder and run out the back exit and jump up into my car. "You four, stop!", somebody says from behind us. "Split and weave.", Jesy says driving off. I drive off and see the flashing lights in the distance. "Hover mode.", I say letting go of the wheel. The car hops into the air and the wheel gets replaced with air vehicle controls. "Top up.", I say seeing a bullet whiz over my head.

"Sarah, tap into their radio.", I say. "We're in persist of the thieves but the one holding the jewel is in the air and all of our air patrol is out.", the man says. "What about the other three? What's wrong with them?", the other asks. "They've split up. We just went after the one with the bag.", he answers. "Sarah, camouflage. Four wheel.", I say turning into an alley. The wheel comes back and the car touches the ground as I drive through the woods. "She's taken into the woods. Follow her, do not let her get away.", the officer says. "To you Perrie.", I say tossing it out the window. She lets her window down and catches it before speeding off.

Perrie's POV

"Natalie, off road.", I say taking my hands away from the wheel. The tires change and the wheel comes back as I make a sharp turn into the woods. "Would you like me to get rid of their tires?", she questions. "That would be lovely.", I answer looking back to see multiple police cars. Multiple darts get shot out of the back and a few of the cars stop. "Damn it. The tires are reinforced. I need help.", I say hitting the wheel. "I heard someone needed backup?", Leigh says appearing beside me. "You think you could get them off my trail?", I ask. "You don't even gotta ask.", she says driving ahead of me. I see her stop a few feet ahead of me and press a button on her console. The remaining cars flip over and we pulling into the car part of the base.

"Hello my little delinquents, how was your first heist?", Morgan asks sipping from a cup. "You tell me.", I say taking the cat out of the bag. I sit it down on our planning table and cheers erupt from the other girls. "You did very good for your first mission. But, I have another one lined up for you all.", he says pressing the remote in his hand. We all sit down in a chair as a necklace shows up on the screen. "This is a fifteen million dollar ruby necklace. I know a guy that wants it, are you four up for it?", he asks. "Heck yeah. Let's do it today, there's no point in waiting.", Jesy says spitting out her toothpick. "I've sent the blueprints to all your vehicles. This one is a bit harder to get through. So I need to hear your plan before I can let you go.", Morgan says.

"What I'm thinking, is since there's so much security, we take the vets. Get up to the top of the building and find the main central vent and shimmy our way up.", I say pointing to the spots on the mini hologram. "We get Leigh to the security box, she finds out how to disarm it then we make the steal.", Jesy shrugs. "Perrie and I can knock out all those guards. If she takes half and I do the other half, we should be able to do it.", Jade says looking at me. "Or, we could just go in reckless. The police chase was fun.", Leigh suggests. "Are you serious or not?", Jade questions. "Do you want me to be serious?", Leigh asks. "You're not going in there recklessly.", Morgan says.

"It was a joke. But let's get going, I'll meet you all there.", she says putting her helmet on. I get back in my car and the hatch opens back up and we all pull out. My phone rings and I drive with one hand as I answer it. "Girl, where'd you go? The principal is having a fit trying to find you and your friends.", Lauren says. "We snuck out. But, since you have me on speaker and are currently selling me out, I won't tell you where we're going. Bye Lauren.", I say hanging up and tossing my phone on the seat.

Jesy's POV

"Mac, activate the camouflage.", I say getting closer to the wall. The base goes invisible and I climb up the wall. "Nice of someone to join me.", Leigh says getting off her bike. "Why do you seem so mysterious? We're a team now.", I say. "I wouldn't say I'm mysterious, I'm just quiet. Plus, we have to be mysterious at a job like this.", she shrugs. "While we wait, do you have a boyfriend or something?", I ask. "I don't like men.", she says looking down at her phone. "So a girlfriend then?", I say confused. "No, I've been in one relationship and it was horrible.", she answers. "You're always hanging out with those two guys everyone thinks are dating, are you straight?", she asks. "Definitely not. Girls are way better than guys.", I chuckle taking a toothpick out of my belt.

"Let me guess, you quit smoking?", she asks. "Yeah, my mom didn't like it and I didn't want her to be upset.", I sigh. "At least your mom cares. My mom would tell me that it's my fault if I died from it.", she says looking at the setting sun. "That's messed up. My dad is like that sometimes, but I think he means well.", I say sitting down on the edge. "My dad is too nice for his own good. He gets pushed around by my stepmom and I hate it because I know he loves her but it's obvious that she's only in it for the money.", she sighs. "What happened to you mom, if you don't mind me asking?", I say. "She passed away a few years ago when Louis and I were eight. The four of us went on a family walk and a drunk driver hit her as she crossed the street. It was traumatic to say the least. I should be in therapy but I choose not to go.", she says.

"Looks like we're more alike than we thought. The mayor isn't my real dad but I'm close to him. My real dad died when I was maybe four.", I say. "How'd he die?", she asks. "Drunk driver. Hit his car so hard it flipped over and into a lake. He was still alive on impact but his seat belt got stuck so he drowned. If he hadn't sent me out to get some flowers for my mom I would've been in the car with him. That's why I smoked, it made me able to forget but mom said it's not good for me so I started eating junk and chewing on toothpicks to redirect the craving. So far it's working.", I say. "Maybe we could go to therapy together. I heard it's more effective that way.", she says looking over to me.

"Maybe. What's taking those two so long?", I say looking over the edge. "According to their gps' they stopped to get lunch.", she answers showing me her phone. "Friends?", I question holding a fist out. "Friends.", she smiles bumping our fists together. "We're here.", Perrie says as her and Jade climb up the wall. "And we brought nuggets.", Jade adds waving the bag. "Put the nuggets away, we have to focus.", I say putting my toothpick back in my belt. "Let's go, this is the main vent.", Leigh says taking the top off. We all squeeze into the surprisingly roomy air vent and shuffle our way into the room where they're keeping the necklace. "The security box is right here.", Jade whispers pointing to a vent a little bit ahead of us. Leigh carefully opens it sand actives the bungee cord in her belt and attaches it to the top of the vent.

"When I give the go, the two of you get rid of the guards and you make the mirage.", she says looking at us. She drops down slowly and touches a gloved finger to the black box and blanks out. She snaps back a few seconds later and punches in the combination making a loud beep sound through the room. "Now!", she whispers coming back up. I hold my hand out and the box stops beeping as guards rush into the room. "There doesn't seem to be a problem. All the security is still activated.", one says. "Must've been a false alarm.", the other says. "You two are up.", I say. They drop down behind the men and say something before both of them collapse. They give us a thumbs up and we drop down. "Ok where is this thing? The blueprint says it's right here.", I say looking around.

"I think I found it.", Jade says taking the top off the podium. "Wow, this thing looks awesome. Let's take it and dip.", Perrie says grabbing it. Another alarm goes off and we look at each other and connect back to our bungee cords. "Let's go.", I say urgently. "Shit, they have the outside surrounded. We need to fight but we don't have weapons.", Perrie says hitting her hand on the roof. I check my belt pockets until I feel something metal. I pull it out and see a small cylinder. I click the button on top and a staff pops out. "I can work with this.", I say with a shrug. "Where did you get that?", Leigh asks. "I found it in my belt.", I answer. She digs around in hers and finds a stick. She presses the button and blades pop out on either side to resemble an axe.

"So cool.", she says twirling it. Jade finds two sticks and presses the button to the top of them and ends up with two daggers. "I love this sword.", Perrie says trailing her finger down the dull side. "Well then, let's fight.", Jade says dropping down.

Leigh's POV

"Come at me.", I say watching the man. He charges at me and throws punches that I dodge as I reach for his cuffs. I push him into a tree and step in front of him to cuff him. "You won't get away with this.", he says struggling against the cuffs. "Looks like we are.", I say waving the necklace in front of his face before putting it in one of my belt compartments. "We did good. Let's go before more get here.", Perrie says speeding off. I mount my bike and start driving off until I hear sirens behind me. "Girls, they called for backup.", I say speeding up. One of them reaches for my belt and I take a log ramp and land on top of the car. "Jude, activate sticky wheels.", I say twisting the throttle.

The wheels stick to the top of the car and I jump off and watch them crash into a tree. "Return.", I say holding my hand out. My bike unsticks and rolls back down to me and I pull into the car area. "Another successful heist in a day.", I say sitting it down on the table. "Now let's get started on your combat training.", Morgan says walking into a training room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 3.5K 32
Little mix find themselves at the height of their fame. A two time Brit winning group and the biggest girl band of their generation. What's not to be...
17.6K 359 27
leighade is the best ship
129K 3.9K 24
~ In which an obsessed gang leader chases after an innocent girl~ The infamous Perrie Edwards always gets what she wants no matter what she has to do...
3.3K 97 17
Lives are changed when Four sisters discover they have magical powers. Each Sister has a unique power and must stop these evil beings from hurting ot...