The Cryomancer | Jotaro Kujo...

By Cerathena

November 1988, Tokyo, Japan. While visiting Japan, Karolina voluntarily enters a Japanese Highschool, where s... More

1 | The boy that fell down the stairs
2 | What Stands are
3 | Holly Kujo
4 | Planeride to Egypt
5 | Silver hair and blue eyes
6 | The stowaway
7 | Fight on sea / Saving you
8 | Sleepy head Karolina
9 | Singapore caring
10 | Doppelganger Noriaki Kakyoin
11 | Fool's game revenge
12 | For honour and love
13 | Varanasi, India
14 | Prime time, crime time
15 | The path we pave
16 | Empty hotel
17 | Justice, for a kiss
18 | A lover's way
19 | Lovebirds
20 | The Sun
21 | Joseph as a pilot, yet again
22 | Save me from a nightmare
23 | Long time no see
25 | My sight is you
26 | Egypt
27 | Water against Ice (1)
28 | Water against Ice (2)
29 | Hospital / Looking out for me
30 | Dear Karolina, when I die
31 | Cairo, happy to see you
32 | Jotaro's and Kakyoin's video games
33 | DIO's presence
34 | Stardust Crusaders
35 | January 1989, Tokyo, Japan (TW: light smut) END

24 | Submarine warmth

128 11 6
By Cerathena

"I still don't understand how you all could hide this from me.."
"Let's not talk this through in the hallway. Caroline is still sleeping."
I heard Polnareff's and Jotaro's voice dimly in the distance.

So I fell asleep on the couch then..

"She's sleeping unusually long, no? Should we check on her?"
"Yeah.."
Jotaro agreed before faint knocks were heard on my door.

I slowly opened my eyes, finding myself in a still dark room. The windows were covered by curtains so not to let the sun in, but it was already after dawn.

I placed my hand on my forehead when the door opened and the two men walked inside.

"Good morning, Caroline, are you awake and feeling ok?"
Polnareff inquired with a soft voice while my eyes slowly adjusted to the light they let inside.

How weird.. I was lying in a bed, so someone had to carry me here. But why didn't I wake up once they did? It's rather unusual for me to be deeply asleep like I was this time.

"For how long have I been asleep..?"
I asked still sleepily as I lifted my upper body up to finally look at them.

"For good 12 hours, considering you fell asleep yesterday at 9pm."
Jotaro replied quietly, leading me to look at my hands.
"12 hours, huh..? A little bit too much for my liking.."

"We are about to eat breakfast. Do you want to come as well? If you wish we can bring it to you to bed."
Polnareff suggested, leaving me only to shake my head.

I slowly moved up from bed while stretching myself.
"I'll come with you."

The two of them didn't stop me from standing up, so all three of us left the room to go to the kitchen.

Once we stood in the doorway, Kakyoin greeted me.
"Oh, good morning Caroline, I hope you had a good rest."
"Good morning to you, too."

"Your eyes look glassy, you know. Are you feeling alright?"
Joseph asked me while I slightly fixed my hair, letting it fall back.
"I just woke up, that's probably why."
"Yeah, right, I hope so."

"Jotaro, Polnareff, did you wake her up?"
Avdol asked them, both of those giants still standing behind me like some bodyguards.

Of course, Jotaro was taller than Polnareff, but Polnareff was still at least 15cm taller than me.

"We quietly went in the room but she was already awake."
"Yeah, I just woke up before they entered the room. No worries."
I added to Polnareff's statement before sitting down at the table across from Kakyoin.

Avdol and Joseph were standing at the counter, waiting for the water to finish boiling.

"You know, I just talked to Jotaro about it, but I still can't believe you pretended to be your father."
Polnareff remarked, leading Avdol to lower his head slightly like he always did.
"I apologise again. But I had a very good reason for coming to this place disguised."

Both of them continued their conversation while all of us were listening. I put my hands on the table, looking at them for the whole time.

"Yeah? What was it?"
"It was partially so the enemy wouldn't find out, but Mr.Joestar also had me do some shopping for him."

"Oh? What kind of shopping?"
"It was a very conspicuous acquisition. I disguised myself as a wealthy Arab gentleman to buy a submarine."

After Avdol's remark, I turned my head slightly back to look at Jotaro.

A submarine must be epsecially interesting to Jotaro since he was interested into marine and marine life. Being on board would be a very interesting experience for all of us though.

"Cheer up already, Polnareff. We will have breakfast and continue our journey together again."
Joseph smiled brightly, turning around to place his hand on Polnareff's shoulder.
"I guess so.."

I looked down at the table while the others continued talking.

Kakyoin's chuckle made me lift my head up to see him looking at me with a soft smile.
"You are unusually quiet."
"I'm not that talkative after a long sleep I suppose."

"Here. I made a different tea than I made for you yesterday. I hope this one tastes better."
Joseph placed a cup of reddish tea in front of me, leading me to smile at him.
"I'm sorry Mr.Joestar, I know I didn't drink up yesterday's tea, but it wasn't because I didn't like it, but because I was.. sleepy."

"Yeah, we noticed after you fell asleep. Jotaro carried you into bed so we wouldn't disturb you with our talking."
"I see."

My gaze switched to Avdol as he placed bread, sliced sausage and spread on the table.

"This sausage is called Sucuk. It's dry, spicy, fermented and eaten from the Balkans to the Middle East and Central Asia."
Avdol informed us before looking at Polnareff and Jotaro.
"Sit down you two. Eat something. Mr.Joestar and I already had breakfast before. We will go and prepare our trip to the coastal city Yanbu where our submarine is."

Joseph placed teacups on the table before he and Avdol left the kitchen. Then, Polnareff sat down next to Kakyoin and Jotaro sat down next to me.

I wasn't feeling anything like hungry, especially I wasn't craving any meat right now.

"They're kidding, right? As if we will be travelling in a submarine."
Polnareff spoke up, leading all of us to look at him.

"Well, maybe they're just joking again and we will go by ship instead."
Kakyoin replied while all of them reached out to make their breakfast.

"Karolina, don't you want to eat as well?"
Jotaro asked me as he looked at me from the corner of his eyes.
"I'll just eat a plain butter bread. I don't feel hungry at all."

"You're pale."
"I'm always pale."
"I mean you're paler than usual."
"Are you sure about that?"
"Yeah, the colour of your lips are more noticeable now."
Polnareff and I talked to each other, leading me to giggle to myself.

"You're never really talkative right after waking up but you seem to behave off today. Maybe it's just my feeling."
"No, you're right. I don't feel so good yet, but maybe it's just the after effect of me sleeping for so long."

"Or maybe.. is it the time of the month?"
Polnareff muttered, leading me to lift my head up and look at him.
"At the table? Really?"

"That could explain your unusual behaviour. And paleness! Don't you need any pads or something like that? Do you have any cramps?"
"No. I'm already late. My body probably skipped it because I'm stressed. Happens, so it's no big deal."

"No big deal? I can imagine it's not healthy."
Jotaro remarked while I spread butter over my bread.
"It isn't, probably. But what can I do about it? My stubborn parents sent me to Japan and now I'm fighting Stand users with my friends across Asia. Surely it stresses me out. I'm scared I'll fail this A-levels and I don't want to waste my time. I want to become a doctor after all. It's hard for women."

"Didn't you tell us yesterday you were ahead of schedule? Even if you fall behind, you'll catch up easily."
Polnareff said to encourage me, leading me to smile to myself gently.
"That's just how I am. I'm scared even if I know I will probably still make it."

I wondered if mum and dad already settled their dispute. It would stay the same for me either way. I would continue living with dad until I graduate while mum would be out and about.

I also just remembered my application to study medicine in England. Maybe the University in Brighton replied to me already?

Kakyoin sighed before looking out of the window.
"It's already New Year's Eve and we're still out and about. We have to hurry up a little bit, for Mrs.Kujo."

"I have the feeling it will all come to an end soon. We will return home and everything is going to be well. Afterwards, the three of us will graduate from school and start the adult life."
I replied before taking a bite of my bread.

After breakfast we made our way to Yanbu, Saudi Arabia. It didn't take long since Yanbu wasn't far from Medina.

Once we stood at the docks and a real submarine emerged from the waters, Polnareff jumped up in surprise.

"What?! A real submarine? You've got to be kidding!"
"To reach Egypt, we will use this to ride."
Joseph told us before a man appeared from on top of the submarine.

"Mr.Joestar, the submarine is ready to go."
"Great. You all, climb up the submarine via the ladder on the side."

We entered the rather spacey submarine and I noticed the rather complex looking cockpit.

There were a lot of instruments but also one huge steering wheel.

"Over this telephone over here you can contact us. The kitchen is filled with supplies and the cabins to rest are behind this door. I wish you a pleasant trip."
The employee informed us, leading Joseph to nod at him before he climbed out of the submarine.

"Well now, how do we steer this thing?"
Polnareff asked as he approached the steering wheel and Avdol followed him.
"Leave it to me, I know how."

I sat down on the couch with Kakyoin while Jotaro approached a window to watch us dive into the Red Sea.

"Avdol's not the only one who can steer this thing actually!"
Joseph remarked proudly and Jotaro spoke up right after.
"Don't even think about it. I refuse to let you put us through another crash."
"Well, you sure seem to be in a found mood today."

"So this is a submarine. I have to say, I'm a bit surprised. It's a lot more spacious than I expected."
Kakyoin said while looking around.
"Isn't it? Rich folks use them when they want to get away for a while and explore the sea."

"You know, come to think of it, I always sort of liked this kind of things. Although I wished I could have ridden in one with a cute girl."
"Once again, you haven't changed, Polnareff. Now could you please just once take this seriously?"
Avdol scolded him while steering the submarine casually.

"Sixty metres below sea level, huh? With the sonar we might detect anyone trying to attack us but if we were to be attacked, we have no where to run really."
Jotaro muttered loud enough for us to hear before Kakyoin spoke up.

"This sub is amazing. But I guess it is a pleasure cruiser for the wealthy. It has a refrigerator, a coffe maker and is even equipped with the latest satellite phone."

I laid back into the couch while closing my eyes again. Why was I so tired and sensitive to the light suddenly?

"I wish I could lie back and rest for at least one weekend. I could catch up on some Formula 1 races. The 1989 season already ended, it's the end December after all."
I remarked while making myself comfortable on the couch.

"I see, so you like Formula 1? I was already wondering about it, since you like cars."
I opened one eye of mine to look at Jotaro as he spoke, nodding before closing it again.

"I should probably call.."
Joseph stopped so I opened my eyes again and turned my head to look at him before he continued.
"Hey, Caroline, are you really feeling okay? You're flushed red."

"I actually feel a little bit light headed. I'm sensitive to any kind of light and I feel kind of warm as well.."
I replied to him before he kneeled down in front of me.

He placed his hand on my forehead, then on my cheek.
"You're burning. Maybe the baby infected you with its fever?"

I sighed before Joseph took his hands back and I straightened up again.
"I'm going to make myself some tea. Does anyone want coffee or tea as well?"

"Maybe you should rest."
"It's fine.. we can't help it for now. So, speak up."

I stood up from the couch to approach the kitchen island while the others replied.

"I'll take another coffee."
"Me too."
"Same here."
"Another tea would be nice of you."

"I'll have a look at what kinds of teas there are. Let me help you."
Kakyoin said while he stood up from the couch to approach the kitchen.

"Caroline, could you take out cups for us while I'll boil the water?"
He inquired as we were looking at each other, leading me to nod at him.

We were six people. Jotaro, Kakyoin, Joseph, Polnareff, Avdol and, last but not least, me.

I took the cups out of the cupboard and placed them on the kitchen island.

"Now let's have a look at what kind of teas we have.."
Kakyoin muttered to himself while I put two spoons of coffee powder into three cups, for Avdol, Joseph and Polnareff.

I turned around to have a look with Kakyoin, seeing some apple tea I'd like to drink.

"Jotaro, which tea do you.." I spoke as reached out for the teabags, seeing another hand reaching out for the apple tea as well.

"Apparently the same one you want."
Jotaro's voice resounded from behind me while he got two apple teabags out.

"Thank you."
I muttered while carefully getting out of his way.

I didn't notice him getting behind me at all. My perception was already suffering because of my feverish state.. that wasn't good, especially not when DIO's lackeys could attack us at anytime.

"Hey, old man. Why are you just standing there? Something bugging you?"
Jotaro asked Joseph who was standing in front of the telephone.
"Man, give me a moment of quiet please. I just remembered I have a phone call to make."

All of us looked back and forth between each other while Joseph typed the letters in.

"Hello, Suzie."
Joseph spoke up after a few moments.

Suzie was Joseph's wife. I haven't heard him talking to her yet, but it must have been at least days since he talked to her last time. Maybe he didn't even talk to her at all so no one could track us down.

"Right, sorry.. I'm at the hotel. Here's the thing, I hate to say it, but.. I have to attend some unexpected business that has come up. By the way, Suzie, have you spoken to Holly?"

I turned to face the cups again, the teabags and coffee powder already being inside of them. I watched Kakyoin pour the hot water into the cups.

Holly.. we will have to hurry for her to get well soon or we're all doomed.

"So that's his delicate matter?"
Polnareff remarked as he and Avdol approached us.

"Indeed. Madam Joestar is still as effervescent as ever. He checks in now and then to stop her from visiting Miss Holly. That way she is protected from the truth."
Avdol clarified to us while we looked at Joseph again.

"Rosas. I'm actually calling from the submarine we spoke of a while back. Tell me about how Holly's doing."

So Miss Joestar doesn't know what is going on at all.. she surely is worried about where Joseph and Jotaro are then.

While everyone was talking, I spaced out again. I was looking at all the cups, seeing the tea's flavours unleash inside the hot water while the coffee turned darker and darker by the second.

"Caroline."
Joseph's voice called out for me, leading me to look at him.
"Yeah?"

Joseph and I were looking at each other while Avdol and Polnareff walked back to the steering wheel and Kakyoin and Jotaro took upon the task of placing the cups on the table.

"When we're in Aswan we will go see a doctor so he can check on you. It pretty much seems like the beginning of a flu or cold to me."
He told me before I turned my gaze to the side.

"It would be better that way. You wouldn't risk getting worse and you wouldn't infect us with it."
Jotaro remarked, turning both Joseph's and my attention on him.

"Yeah, I agree with you.. I hope I'll feel better after some medication so I can come with you. We don't have much time left."
I said while Joseph already approached the table.

"After drinking our tea, use the cabins to rest a little bit."
He spoke while reaching out for his coffee before stopping abruptly.
"Caroline, there are seven cups. Did you maybe count wrong?"

Seven cups?

I tilted my head to the side while approaching the table, seeing indeed seven cups standing there.

"I'm pretty sure I put six there though.."
"Maybe it's because you're feeling off that you didn't notice. It's empty anyway so we can just put it back later."
Joseph cheered me up before the other ones came forth to the table as well.

"We nearly have arrived. But if Caroline decides to rest, we will rest a little bit together."
Avdol remarked, causing Polnareff to giggle.
"What's so funny, Polnareff?"

"Nothing. I'm just feeling sort of happy, that's all. It has been quite a while since the six of us were all gathered together like this."

We smiled at Polnareff's wholesome remark and nodded in agreement before turning our attention on the cups again.

"Wait what?!"
Joseph threw his cup alongside his prosthetic hand into the air. The cup morphed into a small, weird looking puppet.

All of us immediately stepped back from the table while the fingers of Joseph's prosthetic hand flew right back at him, piercing his throat before falling back.

"Old man!"
"Mr.Joestar!"

I immediately fell down on my knees to get to Joseph, seeing some blood coming out from the wounds his prosthetic fingers made.

"It's a Stand! I don't know how, but it managed to sneak on board!"
Avdol yelled while all of us summoned our Stands.

"Ora!"
Star Platinum headed for the first strike but missed.

The enemy Stand in form of some kind of fluid just split into two and moved somewhere else before getting back together on the ceiling. Due to its fluid state, Jotaro missed.

I looked at it while it suddenly turned invisible on the ceiling.

I first though my mind was playing games with me until Polnareff shouted out.
"It disappeared!"

"No. It transformed, just like earlier when it apparently turned into a cup."
I falsified his statement before Avdol spoke up again.
"I'm sure it turned into one of those gages!"

"Why now!? We are only about one hundred metres away from reaching Egypt!"
Kakyoin knelt down next to me while Joseph slowly opened his eyes.

"Luckily, it looks like Mr.Joestar was only knocked unconscious."
I remarked while I stood up and Kakyoin slowly helped up Joseph.
"The only problem is his prosthetic hand.."

Suddenly, a very loud ringing resounded, leading me to put my hands on my ears.

"Who would be calling us now?"
I heard Polnareff's muffled voice before Avdol's voice also resounded, leading me to put my hands down despite the telephone still ringing.
"It's the High Priestess. Careful, our enemy's a deadly Stand."

"So how do we win?"
Jotaro asked him.
"By knowing the user. The name of this particular Stand is Rose. She has the ability to control her Stand from far away, so she is most likely on land. It can turn into almost any inanimate object as long as it comes from a mineral. Plastics, metal, glass, vinyl."

"Let me guess. There is almost no way to know which one is fake or real until it decides to strike?"
I asked, leading Avdol to nod in agreement.

All of us looked at each other when a small hole appeared on the wall behind Polnareff, letting water flow in.

"The Stand found a way to damage the ballast tanks. We are sinking even faster now!"
"Not to mention we're losing oxygen! We have to get out of here."
Avdol and Kakyoin remarked after looking at the controls, an alarm setting off.

I frowned my eyebrows while placing my hands on my head. Me being in this useless condition turns me to be a burden to the others..!

I haven't noticed the phone stopped ringing before it started to ring again, turning all our attention to it.

"Who is calling at a time like this, like, honestly!"
Polnareff yelled in annoyance while Jotaro approached the phone.

"No, wait, wait, wait. Jotaro, it might be the Stand."
I approached him and clung onto his jacket but he still picked up the phone.
"Hello?"

I heard someone talking back to Jotaro but I couldn't understand it.

"Sorry, but the old man can't come to the phone."
Jotaro said, leading me to look at Joseph leaning against the wall to get back to his senses.

"There is nothing to worry about, grandma Suzie. He will be just fine. I'm right here with him. Later. We will call back once things calm down."
Jotaro told his grandmother before hanging up almost immediately.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.7K 4K 49
Y/N is just your average 17-year-old girl, but her whole world turned upside down when she was shot by a mysterious arrow that gave her the ability t...
47K 1.6K 32
★★★ All Cece wants is to live a normal life but no, God has to come in and drag her to a Bizarre adventure with the Stardust Crusaders. ★★★ No, she...
56.9K 1.5K 28
You are a 15 year old girl moving from the America's to Japan. Having to Abandon all of your old friends was very saddening, and made you feel alone...
47.1K 1.2K 46
Stardust crusaders with a twist. Join Kakyoin Noriko, jotaro, Joseph, avdol, polnareff on their journey to Egypt. Kakyoin is female in this story. I...