Paris

By 19RaeNegade

In times where a war between the rich and the poor commences and evil lurks in the darkness, miraculous rebel... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77

8

571 30 1
By 19RaeNegade

Welcome back, everybody!

{+}{+}{+}

Marinette's P.O.V

My eyes glossed over the weird names and numbers written on the page.

After returning from the short meeting with Chat Noir, I detransformed and immediately opened the envelope. I unfolded the paper only to see this oddly coded sentence in the middle. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, repeatedly scanning the sentence trying to solve the riddled message.

I turned the letter upside down, thinking it would help somehow. Yet, it left me more confused.

"Is there something the matter, Marinette?" Tikki asked, floating nearby with a piece of cookie in her hands.

"I am trying to figure out what the secret is behind this strange message but it is puzzling me," I answered. Then, I shifted the paper towards Tikki and asked her, "Do you know what this is trying to tell me?"

Tikki took a gander at the letter before tilting her head in befuddlement.

"I think you have this upside down," the Kwami spoke, thoughtful and making me turn the paper back to its former positioning. The red bug read over the code before gasping in excitement.

"What is it?" I asked, wondering why Tikki's face lit up with joy. The Kwami gave me a baffled look while questioning, "You really do not know what this is?"

"No, I do not," I answered, sheepishly scanning the sentence, "Can you please translate this odd sentence?"

"This is an address," Tikki explained in disbelief, "This will guide you to the person who gave you the miraculous, otherwise known as the guardian of the miraculous."

   "Really?" I replied, barely able to get the word to leave my lips, "Why would he do such a thing? Would this not put him or her in jeopardy? This is a big risk giving me this address."

"Master has faith that you will keep this safe from evil's reach," Tikki explained with a reassuring smile, "I trust that you will not put any of the heroes or the master in any danger."

   A fluttery feeling filled my heart, my mouth gaping in disbelief. I am touched and honored by this sentiment—this trust. Seeing their faith placed within my grasp, even though I am a complete stranger to these people. It almost feels like a surreal moment.

"I will do my best to not fail you," I spoke, confidence flowing through my veins and stood the tallest I have ever felt. Tikki smiled before perking up. Then, she zipped away out of sight. A knock on my door echoes off the walls, making my confidence burn to a crisp and panic arise from the ashes.

"Y-You may enter," I stuttered, scrambling to stuff the letter into a nearby dresser drawer. The very maid I continuously see opens the door and bows in respect.

"Lady Dupain-Cheng, your mother has awoken from her slumber," the maid informed me. Without a second thought, I urgently raced out of the room and dashed through the winding halls towards my parent's quarters. I could feel my adrenaline rushing, making my heart pound at a rapid pace and hoping that whatever happened to my mother has no side effects.

   Once arriving at my parent's bedroom, I twisted the knob and burst into the room. The doctor is packing his supplies while informing my father of the necessities for my mother's recovery. Father stood next to the bedside, keeping a watchful eye on his drowsy wife sitting up in bed and rubbing her eyes.

   There is a brief pause after my rambunctious entry.

   The doctor concluded his packing before turning towards father, saying, "One more thing, I suggest you retrace your footsteps through the people you were last with. It might help you recall what happened."

   Father thanked the doctor for his work and guided him to the front door. I am left alone with my mother in the room, the silence a bit overwhelming.

   "Are you alright?" I asked, sounding dumb for even asking such a question. My mother nodded her head, "Yes, dear, I will be okay. Although, I do not remember anything that happened after the dessert was brought out."

   I hummed in acknowledgment, unsure of what to say and started messing with the skirt of my dress. My mind wandered to the shadowy figure that assaulted my mother, making her lose some of her memory.

   "Why?" I questioned within my head, "Why would someone do such a thing?"

I understand my mother is not the most...charming person in Paris and someone may have a one-sided vendetta with her. The intruder must be someone seemingly trustworthy, particularly a staff member.

Yet, the mansions' staff members have been working for us for as long as I can remember. I should know, considering I was practically raised by them.

I have taken the time in getting to know them since my youth. While my parents call them "servants," I learned each and every one of their names. From my experiences with them, none of the staff would hurt even a fly...unless they were ordered to swat one, that is.

   I sighed.

   Everything is beginning to change and the people who I have trusted over the years could also be the ones starting to rebel.

   "Darling, is everything alright?" Mother asked. I looked over at the dazed woman and forced a reassuring smile.

   "Yes, I am...fine," I lied.

{+}{+}{+}

Adrien's P.O.V

   "Hello, Adrien. Would you care for some tea? It will help soothe your stress away," Fu said, tipping a teapot over a cup and hot water gushed out from the spout. I entered the room, scanning the old man as if the answers were hidden somewhere on him.

"How about we talk about that fortune you received from Olympia?" Fu added before taking a sip of his tea. I entered the room and sat on a mat across from the elder man.

   "You knew I had received a fortune from Olympia? That is very suspicious," I commented, sarcastically.

   "I have my talents," Fu joked, "Now, what is the fortune?"

   I rolled my eyes before repeating the words Olympia prophesied, "You will find some faces of your greatest foes to be your truest allies. What does that even mean? It makes no sense."

   Fu calmly hums, a gentle smile still gracing his relaxed features and wise eyes carefully watching me. I locked my gaze onto the geezer as if I can somehow search his thoughts for the answers I know he knows.

   "It sounds like more of a lesson than a fortune, young one," Fu says, waving his hand around, "Entertain me. What do you believe this phrase could mean?"

   "I do not know! Why do you think I came here in the first place?" I snipped back. Fu sighed, disapprovingly shaking his head and frowning. He wishes his pupil would at least try to think for once instead of giving up so quickly.

   "In simpler words, everyone is not like everyone else. Their tongues may speak different accents, their skin could be shades of lighter or darker tones, their status might be extravagant or thrifty. Yet, sometimes it can be deceiving, whether it is a good or a bad thing," Fu explained.

"What does this have to do with anything? I went for a fortune, not a lesson," I growled, wanting to go give that hag a piece of my mind. She duped me, it is only fair I return to retrieve a refund for a faulty fortune.

"Whatever you are planning, I suggest you stop it," Fu sharply spoke, "This fortune can still be what it is, a fortune. Yet, it can also be taken as a lesson as well. You cannot solely judge someone's looks or reputation before knowing who they truly are. Many have already fallen blind to this tactic, which only reflects their own issues back onto themselves."

   "I understand," I muttered, earning an eyebrow raise from the elder man. He looked on in disbelief, knowing fully well that his pupil has yet to learn not to be biased.

   I stood from the mat and headed for the door but I managed to catch Master Fu's final words, "One day, I hope you do."

{+}{+}{+}

Marinette's P.O.V

   "Let us make haste, Marinette!" Tikki urged me to hurry, "We do not want to be late!"

   "Tikki, it is nearly five in the morning. What am I going to be late for exactly?" I stifled back a yawn, cranky continuing, "It is indeed too early for this balderdash."

   "Did you forget you are invited to the Master's home? You are to leave this instant if you are to make it on time," the Kwami replied, causing me to wake up even more. I shot my wide eyes towards the small bug's floating silhouette (since there is hardly any light). I am confused, not remembering ever seeing a time on the letter.

   "I do not recall seeing a time. I merely saw the address on the page," I responded. Tikki went silent for a moment.

   "Oh dear, I assumed you already knew that miraculous holders always meet before sunrise. That is my mistake, every holder that I had has always known of this," she said, guilt in her voice.

   "How would they have own and not I?" I asked.

   "Well, past miraculous wielders are of middle or lower classes. People who are usually more..." Tikki paused in her explanation, thinking for the right way to phrase the last of her sentence.

   "...more open-minded and insightful," I answered.

   "In a way, yes," Tikki replied, "You may just be my first wielder that happens to come from a high class. A great honor for someone who has not fallen to selfishness and greed. I greatly respect that."

   I smiled (although, she probably cannot see it), appreciating to compliment. Tikki is such a sweet creature. It is odd how something so big-like compared to the same race as I am is much nicer than any rich snob I have come to know.

   "A bug is nicer to me than my own family," I thought, finding it a very odd idea. I slide out of bed and walked over to my windowsill.

   "How will I know where to go? I do not know how addresses work," I sheepishly asked, "Plus, I must return before anyone discovers my absence."

   "I shall take care of it all. The only thing you have to do is transform and open your weapon. There will be a compass to point the way and a timer will be set for when you will need to depart," the Kwami informed.

I nodded in understanding, "Alright, but I will need to get you a treat first. So, I might be a little late."

I slipped out of my bedroom and into the dark hallways. My feet lightly padded on the floor, heading in the direction of the kitchen. I have to occasionally hide as to not alert the guards. There is no need to be spotted and questioned on why I am roaming the halls.

I arrived at my parent's hallway, unsure of how I am going to sneak past their door with the guards keeping watch or the area. Yet, I peeked around the corner to a surprising sight. The guards are sitting on the floor and leaned against the wall, fast asleep.

The door they are presumably protecting is left ajar, a soft light stretching out within my parent's quarters. Curiously, I carefully shuffled towards the door and glanced around inside. A lit candle flickered on my mother's dresser, which is being ransacked at the moment. The candlelight is not enough to make any clear descriptions except for the petite figure.

I glanced over at my slumbering parents, blissfully unbothered by the thief in the room.

"Is this person the intruder?" I thought, my hands forming into fists and a glare etching my features, "I must stop them."

Unfortunately, the clumsy part of me decided to make an appearance and bump into the door, letting out a creak. The intruder gasped, realizing they have been discovered and quickly run for the balcony. I ran after the intruder in an attempt to stop them.

   Yet, the felon disappeared without a trace after jumping over the banister.

{+}{+}{+}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

484K 11.3K 60
During their Junior year in Highschool, Marinette was forced to go back to her roots. The country of China. Leaving her friends, and Adrien was hard...
233K 4.8K 33
[UNDER EDITING]Marinette and Adrien take on Hawkmoth in the final battle, overcoming challenges Ladybug never thought she'd face again... including C...
149K 3.6K 27
(COMPLETED) Miraculous Ladybug Fanfiction - Adrien is Not a Model. He's an abused, broken boy. Ever since his mom died a year ago, he's been abused...
897 12 25
Adrien and Marinette Agreste, a.k.a. Ladybug and Chat Noir are one of the top pairs working for a French secret service agency known as Miraculous. A...