A Chance At Redemption -- Var...

By Megan_Idek

Evil follows the group and will do anything to stop you from getting your destiny. Can you rise above everyth... More

Welcome back!
Chapter 1 - Beyond Corona walls
Chapter 2 - So we meet again...
Chapter 3 - If i could take that moment back
Chapter 4 - a wedding to crash
Chapter 5 - the return of Quaid
Chapter 6 - what's up now?
Chapter 7 - She's a deputy you crook
Chapter 8 - A birthday boy's surprise
Any questions? (Not a chapter)
Chapter 9 - Bloopers (From book one)
Chapter 10 - The forest of no return
Chapter 11 - What did you just call me?
Chapter 12 - Mr Rider and Miss Striker to the rescue
Chapter 13 - Proud of your boy
Chapter 14 - My boyfriend's a bird-
Chapter 15 - Did Leo just...
Chapter 16 - Vigor the Visionary
Chapter 17 - you have got to be kidding me Eugene
some outfits!
Chapter 19 - when you see someone fall... pick them up
Chapter 20 - How Eugene met (__)
Chapter 21 - Keeper of the spire
Chapter 22 - I am not annoyed... I AM NOT ANNOYED
Chapter 23 - King Pascal
Chapter 24
Chaper 25 - Pascal and Leo to the rescue
chapter 26 - Happiness is?
Chapter 27 - Sadness is?
Chapter 28- A prank day gone wrong
Chapter 29 - Max, Eugene and (__) in Peril on the high seas
Chapter 30 - Remember that phase?
Chapter 31 - Independence or teamwork?
Chapter 32 - Curses!
Chapter 33 - A monkey curse?
Chapter 34 - When life gives you lemons, you give them horseshoes
new book!!
Chapter 35 - the swinging rocks... OF DOOM!
chapter 36 - The eye of Pincosta
Chapter 37 - If I had the only flask of water...
New-ish book :)
Chapter 38 - God damn it Rapunzel
Chapter 39 - The great tree...
Chapter 40 - the truth of the moonstone
Chapter 41 - A monster leashed within
Chapter 42 - The brothers Hook
Chapter 43 -Livin' the dream (as the favourite
what do you guys want?
Chapter 44- Rapunzel and Y/n: Day one
Chapter 45 -Starlight Stikes back
Chapter 46 - Varian's beginning
Chapter 47 - Mirror, Mirror!
chapter 48 - fake or real?
Varian: A Christmas Carol
Varian: A Christmas carol part two
chapter 49 :Your kidding me!
Chapter 50: Y/ntopia!

Chapter 18 - sleepy Bean

920 16 33
By Megan_Idek

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Sleepy Bean

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

You all raise a brow at the card vigor picked.

“The wheel of fortune?”

Suddenly Vigor eats the card.

“Why Would He eat it?” Rapunzel asks.

Varian hums in thought, “Well, it probably means his diet is deficient in fibre or iron.” 

Red looks at her map then tugs on your shirt. You look at her and she points to a place called, “Fortuna”

You high five her, “Red’s right! There's a city called Fortuna not too far from here!” Red jumps on your back again and grins.

Rapunzel gasps, “Oh yeah! Fortune, Fortuna!”

“C’mon! You got Fortuna from wheel of Fortune?!” Everyone runs over to Vigor except you and Eugene.

“Varian, come on buddy! You can’t possibly believe in it right?!”

“Oh, I don't, I just want to figure out the science behind it.” He grins.

“Well, at least I have two people on my side,” Eugene grumbles.

“If you're talking about me then I'm only here because I'm cuffed to you.”

“Guys! C’mon! It's just a coincidence.”

“Is it coincidence, Vigor? Blink once for yes, twice for no.” Rapunzel asks and of course,  he blinks once. 

“Did you seee, that Eugene?” You ask sassily, “looks like a single eye blink.” 

Eugene rolls his eyes and huffs, “Fine, let’s go… Just so I can prove this is all fake!”

"Whatever you say Eugene." You whistle for the horses.

Suddenly, Max, Sebastian and Fidella jump over a bush to you all.

"Okay, Eugene, your gonna have to uncuff me now." You say as you get on Sebastian.

Varian jumps on behind you, "And this seat is taken."

Eugene groans, "Fine. But one more sarcastic-"

"-Remark And you'll cuff me again. Why do you even have them in the first place?"

"You never know when you have to arrest someone." He answers.

"But your not a guard and why didn't you use them on the crazy bird couple?"

"I- uh- Stop with the questions! Now let's go... quickly."

You and Varian glance at each other confused then shrug. "Well, let's go I guess."

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Finally, at the village, you shiver slightly at the gloomy place. Varian notices and wraps his arms around you and nuzzles your check. “Are you okay, Milady?” he asked with concern in his voice.

You nuzzle his face, “I’m fine, it's just a place that gives me the creeps.”

“No, kidding,” Rapunzel replies as everyone slams the windows shut of the houses.

“Ah, nothing to worry about, just a quiet little town,” Eugene says as a mysterious cry Wails. “With sad foreboding crying.”

The horses come to a halt as you're in front of a barrel where the crying was coming from.

Suddenly an octopus head appears from the barrel, “BEWAREEE!”

Everyone screams, Varian as he clings onto you and whimpers like a scared puppy. You wrap your arms around him protectively as well as clinging onto him for your life.

“Okay, so psychic monkeys and talking octopuses I presume. Yeah, sure that's normal.”

You cross your arms, “Eugene, we're talking about our lives, when has it ever been normal?” 

“Fair point.”

A man pops his head out from the barrel, “You scared the whole town you did! We thought you were… the daylights!”

“What are the daylights?” Rapunzel asks as she hops off Fidella.

“The daylight thieves.” another man says.

You smirk, “Probably some more kids that are smarter than the adults. Happens quite a lot.” 

the girls snicker at you because Varian had fallen asleep cuddled into you. That boy really is sleep deprived.

Cuffed by metal now cuffed by arms? What's next? Cuffed by snakes?

“They are no kids. I can tell you that! They're the worst crooks of their kind!”

“They stole my one-of-a-kind mahogany piccolo! And now I have no instrument.” the man with a hat cries.

“Twas a fine piccolo, as piccolos be.”

“It really was. It really was…”  the man sobs.

You Tilt your head, “I’m sorry I dont think I'm following, is this all over a piece of wood?” You say, earning a glare from Rapunzel. Eugene faintly smirks at your comment.

“Yes my dear child, what is a minstrel without his piccolo! Just a lonely man in fancy ragged pantaloons.” 

“BEWARE THE DAYLIGHT THIEVES!”

Eugene pushes the man back into the barrel, “And scene.”

Noises come from the monkey, that's some reason on the roof.

“Vigor says we need to go this way.” Angry points east as the horses continue to walk.

Varian wakes up from his slumber, “Wha- what did I miss?”

You chuckle slightly, “Nothing Varbear, go back to sleep.”

Varian snuggles back into you, “I love you…” he mumbles while falling back to sleep.

You turn your head to Eugene and notice him frowning, so does Rapunzel.

“What’s up, Eugene? You ask.

He sighs, “I’m worried that's all, I mean, what if we’ve come all this way and she finds nothing.”

“Don’t worry, whatever happens, we’ll be there for them.” Rapunzel kisses Eugene and walks over to the girls.

Eugene looks over to you and notices Varian, “Well, someone looks comfy.” He chuckles.

“Meh, let him sleep,” you cup his face and kiss his forehead, making him smile in his sleep. “Every night he wakes up in cold sweats from nightmares of what happened. He tries to deny it but I know he does.”

Eugene smiles slightly, “I see, don’t worry about his father, I know we'll find a way to get him out of that amber. And (__)?”

You hum in response.

“I’m glad he has you. And maybe I overreacted just a slight to your little snarky remarks.”

You smile, “I know you like to play the brother and father role, just like you do with the girls, they’ll understand we’ll be there for them if we can’t find their family.”

Eugene smiles warmly before having a monkey jump on his head, “Monkey.” he grumbles as he walks over to the girls.

Varians grip on you got tighter as Sebastian started to move. You giggle slightly. “Take us steady, Sebby.”

Sebastian nods as he carefully walks over to the rest of the group. Varian tenses up so You brush your hand through his hair to relax him more.

Suddenly he wakes up again, “DAD!” He yells breathlessly. “Oh, it was just a dream, heh.” he rubs his eyes.

“Are you okay Varbear?” You ask, concerned.

“I'm fine but, uh, can I sleep with you again tonight?”

“If it will make you sleep better then of course.” You stroke his forehead, “We're travelling again so get some rest, yeah? … Varian?”

Asleep.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

A/n

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the short chapter lol-

Just to let yall know, I've published a new book! so if you're wanting more Varian content while I'm busy writing, there you go!

So for now, CYA LATER!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 3.7K 72
"𝑾𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆." Everyone knew of Rapunzel. The golden-hair...
2.1K 99 14
What if Varian killed both of Rapunzel's parents? What if he isn't what he used to be? Just like the spin off series like Vat7k, Varian goes on a adv...
31.7K 967 14
"Witches aren't all bad..." "How do you know that?" "...Because I met one" ---- I don't own tangled or tangled the series nor Varian I do not own yo...
16.4K 712 37
- (Y/n) was the beloved princess of Corona, positioned perfectly to inherit the throne- until Rapunzel returned, taking everything she had, leaving h...