πΏπ‘‚π‘‰πΈπ‘…π΅π‘‚π‘Œ (𝐢. 𝐷𝑖𝑔�...

By simply_simps_

"Are you playing hard to get?" "Oh please, you think I'd play anything for you? I'm just simply hard to get"... More

Prologue & Cast
Chapter 1: Friendly Faces
Chapter 2: The Grand Staircase
Chapter 3: Sleeping Bags
Chapter 4: Black Lake
Chapter 5: Wrong Man
Chapter 6: Leaving Home
Chapter 7: Manor Rescue
Chapter 8: Quidditch World Cup
Chapter 9: Friend or Foe
Chapter 10: A Glorified Idiot
Chapter 11: Heartbreak
Chapter 12: Two Sides To A Story
Chapter 13: The First Task
Chapter 14: Deals and Dates
Chapter 15: Amortentia
Chapter 16: Bruises
Chapter 17: Astronomy Tower
Chapter 18: Polyjuice Potion
Chapter 19: The Final Task
Chapter 20: Ghost in the Graveyard
Chapter 21: Remembering
Chapter 22: Cursed Scars
Chapter 23: Summer Loving
Chapter 24: Orders
Chapter 25: Nosebleed Nougats
Chapter 26: Padfoot
Chapter 27: Just Pink Not Pretty
Chapter 28: Quills
Chapter 29: The D.A.
Chapter 30: Quidditch Brawl
Chapter 31: Betrothed
Chapter 32: Mistletoe
Chapter 33: Expecto Patronum
Chapter 34: Great Escapes
Chapter 35: Catch
Chapter 36: Department of Mysteries
Chapter 37: Thestrals
Chapter 38: Graduation
Chapter 39: The New Longbottom
Chapter 40: Forever
Chapter 41: Stomach
Chapter 42: Andromeda Tonks
Chapter 43: Wedding Crashers
Chapter 44: Forgetting
Chapter 45: Tyler LeStrange
Chapter 46: Astrid Black
Chapter 47: Cassie Diggory
Chapter 48: Aaron LeStrange
Chapter 50: Belle Quinn
Chapter 51: Ned Longbottom
Chapter 52: Aspen LeStrange
Chapter 53: Cedric Diggory
Chapter 54: Amora Diggory
Epilogue

Chapter 49: Rey Quigley

1.4K 49 16
By simply_simps_

Rey fiddled with the small band on her ring finger nervously. She tried her best to not seem nervous, but she felt eyes staring at her.

"Are you sure you're up for this, Rey?" Ned asked.

"If it brings Amora back, I'll do it," Rey said firmly.

Aaron glanced at her, pressing his lips to her forehead. The simple touch made her stomach twist and sent butterflies fluttering in her chest. Every time they were together, she found herself falling for him all over again.

"When will Hazel and Tyler get back?" Aspen asked, clearly trying to change the subject.

"They sent an owl. It's only a three day trip, so probably tomorrow morning," Cedric shrugged.

Aspen sighed and glanced around the table nervously. No one seemed to notice, but when it came to reading emotions, Rey could do it the best.

"Aspen, what's wrong?" Rey asked. Aspen's eyes flickered to her's nervously, and he began to anxiously fiddle with his hands.

"I got word from the Order today," Aspen explained.

"What about?" Aaron pressed.

"Hush, let him explain," Belle said.

"They think there's a spy in our ranks...feeding information to the Dark Lord," Aspen told them.

Rey sucked in a breath. She glanced around the table, and noticed others were doing the same.

"No," Rey said suddenly. Everyone looked at her curiously.

"We can't start doubting each other, not when we're about to go to war in a couple of days," Rey snapped.

"But we need to stay alert. Many suspect the spy could be Tyler," Aspen explained.

"He's our brother you prick, how could you say that?" Aaron hissed. Rey rested her hand on his shoulder and he leaned back in his chair.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he was," Aspen muttered.

"He saved me and Aaron. I doubt he would be working for them still," Belle countered.

"Yeah, but what if he was just trying to earn our trust?" Ned wondered. Belle shot him a glare and Ned sunk back into his chair.

"Listen, first things first. We need to get Amora back," Cedric said. Everyone looked over to him. Rey felt a lot of pity for him and Amora. They had been through so much together, and Cedric hadn't been the same since he lost her.

He needed her back more than anyone.

"I'm not sure we should do this...we're torturing her," Ned muttered.

"It would be torture if she didn't want us to. She wants us to do this," Aaron explained.

Rey's stomach churned and the thought of hurting Amora filled her mind.

"I'll be right back," Rey said, stumbling out of the room.

She barely made it to the toilet in time before she began to throw up. Either it was her pregnancy or nerves, but either way it was far from pleasant.

She felt Aaron's hands scoop up her hair and rub her back reassuringly. Despite his comfort, Rey's hands wouldn't stop shaking.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"It's simple, just use the curse. Once for each of you," Astrid explained. No one would look her in the eye.

"Alright," Aaron muttered.

A cold gust of wind blew through the dark night as stars sprinkled the sky. Waves lapped the shore and Astrid dipped her feet in, trying to relax.

This was going to hurt, but not having her memory back would hurt more.

"Remember, when we use this you need to have the purpose of restoring her memory in your mind," Aspen reminded them. They all managed to nod their heads.

"I'll go first...get it over with," Aaron muttered.

He stepped forward and shakily pointed his wand at his twin sister.

"Crucio," Aaron chanted. Astrid watched as the spell flew at her, and sent her tumbling to the ground. She felt the salty water lift her up and she drowned beneath the waves.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"Hello?" Astrid called out. She was walking through a pitch black emptiness. She looked down and noticed she was wearing her Slytherin school uniform. It felt strangely familiar on her.

"Hello, Astrid," another voice spoke. Astrid peered into the shadows, and a figure stepped out. It was like looking in a mirror, except this girl was wearing a tattered wedding dress and her eyes looked red and puffy from crying.

"I'm you," Astrid whispered.

"You're me," Amora nodded.

"Crucio!" Ned's voice echoed through the darkness.

"They're trying to bring me back, aren't they," Amora whispered.

"I'm trying to bring you back," Astrid pleaded.

"Why would you do that? If I come back, you'll die," Amora questioned.

"It's like you said. You're me, so if you come back, I'll technically be the same person," Astrid shrugged.

"You're far too brave, Astrid," Amora whispered softly.

"Crucio!" Belle's voice chanted.

Astrid gasped and stumbled forward, feeling a sharp stabbing pain in her chest. Amora caught her, helping her upright.

"How do we get you back?" Astrid groaned.

"We simply have to make it to that door," Amora explained. About one Quidditch pitch away was a bright white door, illuminating the darkness.

"Let's go," Astrid grunted.

"Crucio!" Rey's voice shouted.

Astrid's knees buckled, and she cried out in pain.

"Can we get them to stop?" Astrid pleaded.

"We can't, or else this won't work. As long as you're under the curse, you can stay in here and bring me back," Amora explained.

With those words, Astrid slung her arm over Amora's shoulder and Amora half carried her towards the door.

"You really miss him, don't you?" Astrid whispered quietly.

"Yes, I really do," Amora murmured. Astrid could see that behind those determined eyes were a sad and scared girl.

Astrid glanced back and she immediately regretted it. Behind them, a large shadow behind a cloak wielded a large scythe. It's empty eyes glared at the pair who were trying to make a swift escape.

"Amora, we have to go!" Astrid shouted.

"Crucio!" Aspen's voice echoed. Astrid felt like someone had stabbed her in every part of her body, but she kept moving her legs.

"That's Death," Amora said, "We have to get to the door before he catches up."

"Oh yay," Astrid grumbled.

They were only a few steps away, Amora practically carrying Astrid.

She collapsed in exhaustion, a few feet away from the door. Death loomed behind them, reaching his arm out to grab Amora's ankle.

"Oh hell no!" Astrid shouted. She grabbed Amora and crawled to the bright door.

"Thank you, Astrid," Amora whispered quietly.

"Just do me a favor, and keep living for me," Astrid chuckled quietly.

"Crucio!" Cedric's voice cried out.

"That, I can do," Amora smirked weakly. With that, Amora fell through the door, and Death grabbed Astrid, taking her back into the shadows.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

What Amora didn't expect when she woke up was to be practically drowning. She choked and sputtered on water as she flailed her arms around, trying to swim upward.

Someone grabbed her by the waist and hoisted her up to the surface of the water. She spat out a mouthful of water and shivered.

"Did it work?" Rey's voice called out.

"Sunshine?" Cedric's voice asked nervously. Amora looked up, and saw his concerned grey eyes reflecting off the moonlight.

"Hey, dingus," Amora chuckled.

Cedric pressed his lips to hers, and she wrapped her arms around his neck. Amora could hear cheers and cries of joy near the shore, but she felt a twang of guilt.

"Astrid," Amora said, "She gave up herself to help me come back."

"She knew the risks, and I think she'll be more than happy with her decision," Cedric reassured her.

"So, what have I missed?" Amora asked.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

845 82 21
**PREQUEL to Another Love || Edward Cullen** In another life, I would have been the one he chose. I would be the one holding his hand and giving him...
1K 40 13
[BOOK THREE] With Voldemort at large, the whole wizarding world is on edge. With the murders of wizards and muggles alike every other day, the only s...
39.4K 1.2K 28
Love is difficult to explain as one likes to say. But (Y/n)(L/n) falling for her professor, Severus Snape? That was hard to believe. The girl always...
3.7K 154 13
"You know you love me, beautiful." "Fine. I love you, Cedric. With all my heart." ~.+*+.~ In an alternate universe where Cedric didn't love Cho Chang...