Ignite {A Bakugou x Fem Reade...

nishiwrites által

As a child, mastering and controlling three out of the four elements nature comprises of came easily to you... Több

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Eight and a Half
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Quick Author's Note
Chapter Fourteen
IGNITE MOOD BOARDS
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Quick Author's Note
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Nineteen and a Half
Author's Note + Bonus
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three (Part One)
Chapter Twenty Three (Part Two)
Author's Note
Chapter Twenty Four: Part One
Chapter Twenty Four: Part Two
Quick Author's Note
Chapter Twenty Four: Part Three
Chapter Twenty Five: Part One
Chapter Twenty Five: Part Two
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Author's Note

Chapter Fifteen

26.6K 928 846
nishiwrites által

"Internship day, internship day, internship day!" Mina, Kiri, and Denki sing as all of Class 1A walks down to the train station, led by a tired Aizawa.
You walk a couple feet behind the three, accompanied by Sero and Bakugou.
"Ugh, I'm gonna miss you guys. We won't get to see each other much this week." Sero sighs, balancing the case containing his hero costume on his head.
"Man, I love internships already." Bakugou responds snarkily.
You roll your eyes then look up at Sero, "Yeah, it'll be weird not seeing you all everyday. But internships should be fun!"
"For sure! I still can't believe Aizawa himself asked for you to intern with him." Sero jerks to the side in order to keep the case on his head from falling.
You laugh a little at the clumsy yet determined boy.
"Yeah, he said something about me needing to really work on my mental state during a fight. Told me he'd have me undergo effective mental training." You admit with a slight blush.
This time Sero laughs, lightly poking a finger at your temple, "Someone's gotta learn how to stop thinking so much."

Joining the rest of the group, now in front of the train station, Aizawa begins to give the class instructions.
"You all have your costumes right? Keep in mind, you are working with pro-heroes and representing the school, so make sure to mind your manners and behave properly."
The class erupts into an array of responses: "yes sir", "will do", "got it!"
Aizawa gives a curt nod, "Alright then, you can head off."
Everyone waves 'goodbye' to each other, splitting off to go their separate ways.
You walk up to your father, as he slips his clipboard under his arm, "You ready, kid?"
With a quick nod you say, "Yep!"
"Alright, we just have to go pick up Shinsou back at the school." He says as you walk out of the station and start the walk back to UA.
"Wait, why couldn't he have just walked with the rest of us?" You ask, looking up at your father.
He looks down at you lazily, raising an eyebrow, "After that little scene between him and Bakugou in the hall, I didn't want to deal with your class asking if he was replacing any of you. The last thing I need is a bunch of scared teens asking me questions nervously."
You laugh a little, "Yeah, I guess they would be kinda scared. So...is Shinsou transferring into our class?"
Aizawa takes a sip from his coffee and sighs, "Well that's my goal. That's why I'll be training him while the class does internships. And you. You really need to get a grip on those intrusive thoughts of yours. It could get you into big trouble later if you don't gain control of that. That's why I'm having you and Shinsou train together. You kids have a lot to learn from each other."
You nod, determined, 'This should be interesting.'

You knock on the door to the general studies room and the teacher signals for you to come in.
Your glance falls on the class, gazing across their faces, as you walk up to the teacher at the podium.
A couple of the students start to whisper amongst themselves, questioning your presence and who you are: "Isn't she in the hero course?", "She came in third at the festival.", "Why do you think she's here?"
"Sorry to disrupt. Aizawa said to pick up Shinsou for training." You explain to the teacher, speaking a little above a whisper.
"Oh, yes, yes, he had told me about this. Shinsou!" They nod in the direction of the door, indicating he was dismissed.
You walk over to the door and wait for the purple haired boy to join you.
Having already anticipated this, Shinsou's things were already put away and he walked right to you.
The two of you dismiss yourselves and head out into the hallway.
"Where's Dadzawa?" Shinsou asks, catching his bag from slipping off of his shoulder.
"He's waiting for us in the faculty room, he had to scan the attendance sheet." You explain to him.

You and Shinsou quickly make your way to the faculty room. Sliding the door open, you're greeted by Midnight and Present Mic.
Your aunt Midnight walks over to the two of you, setting a hand on you and Shinsou's head.
"Hi loves!" She says with a smile.
"AHHH! It's the Minizawas!" Present Mic yells, running over from the coffee station at the back of the room.
"Why are you so damn loud?" Midnight elbows Mic in the ribs. Her sweet smile twisting to an annoyed expression.
"OW!" Present Mic pouts and rubs his side. 
You and Shinsou share a laugh.
"So, where's dad?" You ask, scanning the room for Aizawa.
"Oh he left." Your uncle says placing his hands on his hips.
"Huh?" Shinsou expresses his confusion, tilting his head slightly.
"What do you mean?" You add on, questioningly.
Your aunt smirks, "Aizawa went home a while ago."
Midnight and Present Mic look at each other, then turn back to the two of you, chanting together, "Internship and training starts now! Enjoy your run home!"

You cock an eyebrow, "How long did you two have to rehearse that?"
"Oh, c'mon! At least act a bit phased! You have to run all the way home!" Midnight complains.
You shrug, "That's what my quirk is for."
"Lucky." Shinsou says, throwing a playful glare at you.
"Actually your father said no quirks allowed." Present Mic says, matter-of-factly.
"Ew." You complain, having always hated running.
"That's...uh...that's a lot of running." Shinsou says.
Present Mic and Midnight look at each other, eyes wide.
"Are you sure you two aren't Aizawa's mini clones?" Midnight says, a somewhat creeped out look on her face.
"For real, they're exactly like him." Present Mic admits.
You and Shinsou share a laugh. After waving Midnight and Mic goodbye, you head out.
After a long time spent running, you and Shinsou turn the final corner, your isolated and gated house coming into view. You look at Shinsou who's resting, bent over with his hands on his knees.
Placing your hands on the back of your head, you try to catch your breath, as well.
"I don't think I've ever ran this much in my life." Shinsou says shakily.
"Honestly, same." You say, closing your eyes and tilting your face up to the setting sun.
"You think we're going to have to do this everyday?" Shinsou asks, lifting his head up to look at you.
"Dad said he used to have to run to his old agency everyday, so probably." A sigh escapes your lips at the thought of all that running.
"That's cruel-" Shinsou starts but is quickly cut off.

A soft purring catches you and Shinsou's attention.
You and Shinsou snap your heads in the direction of the noise. A shivering little white kitten lays in a box on the sidewalk.
"Hi, little one." Shinsou says, reaching in to scoop up the kitten.
"Who would just leave you out here?" You ask, putting a soft hand over its head and looking into its wide blue eyes.
You and Shinsou look around for any signs of an owner, but there are none. The cat was left on the street in a box and no collar.
You shrug, "Guess, we have no choice but to take you in."
"Huh, but Aizawa-" Shinsou starts, holding the kitten to his chest.
"Won't mind. Trust me." You finish for him.
The two of you walk up to the tall black gate. After putting the code in, the wrought iron gate slides to the side, opening up to the cobblestone courtyard.
Pulling out your keys, you scan your finger on the doorknob and the door unlocks.
You and Shinsou set your stuff down, letting the cat roam free, and walk past the entryway to the kitchen where your dad was cooking.

"Hey kids. You hungry?" He asks looking at the two of you.
The two of you stay silent, looking at him with annoyed expressions.
Aizawa does his best but can't help but burst into laughter, "You better get used to it cause you'll be running here everyday."
You and Shinsou slump into the seats at the kitchen island.
Resting your cheek against the cool surface, you say, "How lovely."
Shinsou stacks his hand on each other and rests his chin on top of them, "Looking forward to it."
Aizawa rolls his eyes and places a plate full of food in front of you and Shinsou.
"You rely way too much on your quirk to move around that you lack your own stamina." Your father says, facing you. He then turns to Shinsou, "And you. You have a mental quirk so we need to reinforce your physical capabilities."
The two of you nod, content now that you were eating.
"Eat up then go get ready. We're going patrolling tonight." Aizawa says, walking out of the kitchen with his coffee mug.
Within a few seconds your dad walks back into the room, the small white kitten in his hand.
"So what are we naming her?"
Shinsou looks over at the kitten, "Hmm, let's see."
"I think we should keep the same 'Halloween' vibe we have with Spooky." You offer up.
"Good idea. Ghostie, Boo, Luna, Fangs, Binx?" Shinsou says listing off a few names.
"Boo!" You say without hesitation.
"Spooky and Boo." Aizawa says, nodding in agreement.
Shinsou smiles, "Cool."

After dinner you and Shinsou head up to your rooms to get ready for the night out with Aizawa.
Tying up the laces on your boots, you hear a knock at your door. You stand up from the edge of your bed and walk over to open the door, "What's up, Shinsou?"
"Nothing just wondering if you were ready." He says walking in and plopping himself on the couch in your room. The boy dons black cargo pants, a fitted black high neck muscle tank, and black boots. Both yours and Shinsou's costumes correlate, along with Aizawa's.
You quickly tie your hair back and respond, "Okay, now I'm ready."
You put your phone in your pocket and switch the lights off as you and Shinsou walk out of the room.
The two of you meet your dad, who had just finished feeding the cats, down in the kitchen.
"Cool costumes. You kids ready?" He asks, taking his car keys out of his pockets.
You and Shinsou nod and head towards the front door, saying a quick 'goodbye' to Spooky and Boo. Exiting the house, you realize how dark it was already.
The three of you walk over to the three door garage, attached to the side of the house. Aizawa clicks a button on his keychain and the first door slides open. You all slip into the low matte black car and drive out of the gates.
Shinsou connects his phone to the car's speakers, playing his playlist.
Your dad reaches a hand from the wheel to turn the volume up.
Sitting in the back with Shinsou, you pull out your phone and snap a quick picture of the two of you and upload it to your private story. Shinsou laughs, taking a screenshot.

Notifications light up your phone as your friends start typing in your group chat.
You laugh as you read Mina's message, 'Um excuse me why do you two look so good.'
Kirishima emphasizes Mina's text and adds, 'The fits are so manly.'
Denki joins in, 'Name a badder duo.'
Sero hops in the chat, adding a, 'Holy- yes.'
'Wait but like wyd?' Mina asks.
'Yeah, it's like 10.' Denki builds on.
'Wait wait. Is this like...a date?' Sero's message quickly follows.
'Omfg is ittt?' Kiri responds quickly.
You start typing, 'No no lol I'm still at internship.'
'Lmao we're dumb.' Sero texts back.
'Sero speak for yourself lol. How's the internship going?' Mina questions.
'Good, how were your guys' internships?' You ask your friends.
'TIRING!' Denki replies quickly.
'Same' Both Sero and Kirishima agree with Denki.
'Mine was kinda fun!' Mina's cheerful self, mentions.
'I wonder how Bakugou's went.' Sero includes.
'Where is he? He hasn't said anything.' Denki asks.
'Lmao he's probably sleeping.' Kirishima exposes.
You laugh and place your phone back in your pocket.

The car doors lower shut as you, Shinsou, and Aizawa get out and stand on the sidewalk.
The three of you wait till you see some familiar faces, one of them belonging to your Aunt Midnight. You stand alongside your father, as a group of proheroes assemble in the city square.
Aizawa gets everyone's attention and explains how they will all be splitting up, assigning the heroes to a certain section of the city to patrol.
'So cool. They all really listen to Dad.' You think, admiring your father's leadership.
He then sets a hand on your head and the other on Shinsou's, introducing you two as his interns.
The heroes all give you friendly smiles as you both wave at them.
Your father then dismisses the heroes and they take off to their designated locations.
"So where are we patrolling?" You ask Aizawa.
"Here. We'll be watching the city square and monitoring action around the surrounding buildings." Your dad explains.
"Got it." You and Shinsou respond.
Aizawa takes out his phone, making sure everything is alright on the other heroes' ends.
He then looks over at the two of you and says sternly, "Oftentimes it's pretty silent in this section, which is why I chose it for your internships and training. But. If something were to happen, you cannot engage, got it? You don't have your licenses and could get in a lot of trouble if you do."
You nod, "We won't."
Shinsou follows suit, "Yeah, we won't."
"Good. Now follow me." Aizawa says, walking towards

"Patrolling at night is a lot more dangerous than patrolling during the day. A lot of times you'll see things you wish you could forget. Many times it has nothing to do with actual villains but rather the civilians themselves. People like to use the cover of night to carry out illegal activity and villains are a lot more active during this time too. But that's why we're here. To stop those things from happening." Aizawa explains to you and Shinsou.
"So how do you know exactly when to use your quirk?" Shinsou wonders out loud.
"Yeah, like when dealing with civilian cases, when do you know to use your quirk?" You add on.
Aizawa turns a corner and continues to explain, "Oftentimes with civilians they'll take one look at you and if they see you as a threat, they'll stop. Now, villains...you never hesitate with them."
You and Shinsou give him a sharp nod, understanding.
The three of you continue to make rounds around the square, walking through the side streets and alleyways. Your father holds out a hand, indicating for you and Shinsou to stop.
With a quick glance at each other, you and the purple haired boy stop behind your father.
From across the street you watch as a woman turns the corner in a hurried state, glancing over her shoulder as she picks up her pace. Your heart starts to beat quickly as you consider the causes for her frantic behavior. You turn to look up at your father only to find him missing from his previous spot in front of you. Your eyes dart around for Aizawa, spotting him walking away from the now relaxed woman to take his place at the corner she'd walked away from.
"You think this could be a villain case?" Shinsou whispers from behind you.
You drop to your knee and place a hand on the ground, searching for vibrations in the ground that could give you information about what was coming this way. Quickly standing up after detecting suspicious activity, you send a quick gust of wind to catch your father's attention. He turns to look at you and you hold up five fingers. Aizawa gives you a sharp nod and turns back to the alley entrance.
"I sensed five different sets of footsteps. Their tread was stable and constant, so they're most likely not intoxicated. Most of them are around the same height as dad, two are shorter. Judging by the weight and shoe size, I'm assuming they're all male." You begin to list off.
"You could tell all that just by touching the ground?" Shinsou asks, impressed.
You let out a little breathy laugh, "It's more than that, but to put it simply, yes."

All of your implications ended up coming true, as a group of men turned the corner. Their mischievous smirks quickly turned to annoyed expressions as they saw Aizawa standing there. Your father stood with his arms crossed and his chin lifted as he looked down at the vile men looking past him in search of the woman who was now long gone.
One of the men, the group leader it seemed like, stood up straighter. He slowly walked up to your father, a hand reaching into the inside of his jacket.
"Idiot." Shinsou says, shaking his head.
'Dad can handle this. Dad can handle this. Dad can handle this.' You reassure yourself.
The man scoffs as a click is heard from beneath the thick fabric of his coat. In less than a second he is on the ground, your father's knee digging into his arm with the hand clutching a gun. The other men all begin to reach into their hidden pockets, only to be prevented from any further advances as your father catches and immobilizes them all in his scarf.
He pulls out his phone and presses a few buttons before placing it back in his pocket. Within less than a minute, sirens resound from nearby and police cars pull up at the curb beside them. The men are then taken into custody for questioning and Aizawa gives a full report of the events to an investigator. Your father then turns to look over at you and Shinsou, waving you over.
The two of you cross the street and take your stances at your father's side. He introduces you two to the detective, a woman who specializes in taking care of most civilian cases. She smiles at the two of you, "Well congrats on your internship with the prohero Eraserhead. Night shift heroes may not get as much recognition but they are very much needed. I hope you learn a lot from this experience. Good luck future heroes." She winks at you and Shinsou before getting in her car and driving off.
You turn to look over at Shinsou and find him smiling at the detective's words.
'He will be a hero. No matter what anyone says. I'm sure of it.' You think, a smile spreading across your lips.
Your father places a hand on you and Shinsou's shoulders, "Alright, kiddos. Let's go home."

The following day of internship was somewhat like the first. You and Shinsou suffered through yet another long run home from school. This time Aizawa had your favorite meals prepared for you when the two of you got home. The rest of the early evening, the three of you spent time playing with the cats, which Shinsou was very happy about. That night's patrol was an easy one. Nothing happened on Aizawa's end but Midnight caught a couple of mediocre villains. To celebrate what she called her "victory" she took you and Shinsou for ice cream at a shop on the outskirts of the city. The two of you ended up staying over at your aunt's house that night, much to her excitement. The next morning she had an array of different breakfast foods laid out on the table, waiting for you and Shinsou. The morning and afternoon of your third day of internship flew by without complication. Midnight took you to school where your class would always meet before dispersing and both you and Shinsou took your daily run home. As usual, your father awaited you two at home to carry out the evening's plans. Only this night was different. This time, the schedule was interrupted by an event none of you were expecting.

—————————————————————————

Hiii I hope you liked this chapter!!! Sorry it took so long, this one was tough for me to write for some reason. I promise things will start picking up after this one. Thanks for all the votes and comments, they really do mean so much to me! I was thinking about doing a mood board for this story so that you could all get an idea of the costumes and the house layouts. Let me know if you'd like me to! See ya next chapter! <3

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

270K 5.2K 22
You're a girl with a very powerful quirk and a kind personality! You finally make it into the school of your dreams! U.A.! You felt that no one could...
37.5K 893 33
"ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ." "ʏᴏᴜ." 𝐁𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐠𝐨𝐮 𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐬𝐮𝐤𝐢 - An aggressive, determined, confident and stupidly attractive student in Class 2A at...
22.7K 558 50
You and your twin brother are known to be very close and rowdy at times. Both of you were in separate Hero classes yet still supported each other. Yo...
354K 9.3K 52
what is it going to take to become a hero? will they be afraid of your quirk? or rather, will they shut you down? those were things you constantly t...