Changes - lee donghyuck, haec...

By totallym

when the thin line between hate and love grew smaller -lee donghyuck - haechan ff More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35
36
37
38

33

492 26 3
By totallym

Donghyuck had spent his whole morning on the tenth floor. Finding free time in his schedule to casually hang and play with the members as they did ever so often.

"Do you like my sister?" Mark asked the younger male.

Donghyuck choked on air. The Canadian waited for his answer with calculating eyes.

"Of course not! Why are you asking such a crazy question?" He walked towards the kitchen to grab water. Preferring to avoid awkward eye contact.

"Never mind," Mark resumed to his phone as if nothing happened. Confusing the other even more as he did.

Donghyuck was growing nervous. Thinking back to how Mark was asking such a question. Remembering the several times he would meet up with Aera in secret. They hadn't discussed telling the others. Mostly because they wished to not worry about it.

And besides, they weren't anything.

Yet

Mark bringing it up made it all more complicated. It felt wrong. No matter how much he liked the girl. Keeping it a secret from the members who were all like his older brothers made his guilt grow. It also didn't help that she was Mark's twin sister. The two attached to the hip since he first met the pair.

"You would tell me though, right?" Mark turned around in his seat. Staring at the boy in the kitchen. The silence grew and dragged out.

"If I like your sister?"

"Well, no. About any person, you're seeing or like,"

Does he know something?

"We're soulmates Mark, of course, I'll tell you." Mark laughed awkwardly. He was used to the younger casual choice of words about their friendship but it still made him flustered.

Donghyuck knew he was too far gone. Getting caught up in covering up his feelings. He hated it. Hated to lie. Hated that he was supposed to feel that his feelings were wrong.

But now what was he to do now?

-

"I hate this," Aera muttered as she waited outside the male dorm. Yeejin sat on the steps, wiping the tip of her new boots to polish them.

"Maybe if you weren't so forgetful this wouldn't have happened,"

Aera wanted to kick the girl. Even if she was right.

"How was I supposed to know he would break up with me and I wouldn't be able to get it back,"

"Good point," the older girl admitted as she stood up. Dusting her bottoms to rid of any dirt she picked up.

"Now when is he coming? I have things to do,"

Aera tried her best to peek inside. Seeing no trace of the male they had been waiting for.

"You can leave. I think I'll be fine,"

"No! I'm not leaving you with that punk," Aera chuckled to herself.

Aera had received a letter at her dorm. It was a notice to return a music book that was past its due date. She had completely forgotten about the book and refused to pay the high fee they were requesting if she didn't return it. Unfortunately, the book was at her ex's dorm. Remembering she had left it there and never thought about it after their breakup. Yeejin refused to let her face the encounter alone. Serving as a potential bodyguard.

"Here he comes," Yeejin seethed as she watched the boy approach them. Wearing his soccer uniform and carrying a duffel with what they assumed were his sports equipment.

Aera could see her book in his hand. The thick book appeared in its perfect usual conditions.

"Thank you," she muttered as she reached for it. He took a step back before she could.

"Before I give it to you," he stopped and stared at Yeejin who stared at him in distaste.

Aera waited. Hating how every time she saw him he had something else to say.

"I'm sorry. I know what I did and you didn't deserve that,"

Yeejin let out a laugh too which she tried to cover as a cough.

"Okay. Now can I get my book?" The Canadian girl pointed towards the thick paper book. He sighed before passing it to her.

"Here's you're stuff," Yeejin threw a bag. He had caught it with ease. Staring in confusion at the pile of his sweaters that filled the bag.

"So do you forgive me?"

"No, but I've moved past it. Thank you for teaching me the qualities of a shitty man," she smiled so brightly that he almost thought he had imagined the words that left her lips.

"I don't hope the same thing happens to you but I do hope you change," that was the last words Aera had shared with her ex. Accepting the offering arm Yeejin gave her with a proud smile as they walked away.

It felt amazing. Somehow finally leaving that stage of her life behind her. Aera could somehow breathe in relief. She would no longer be haunted by the negative memories she once shared with the boy. The girl was no longer being held down by her past relationship and it felt great.

"We should get drinks,"

It had been a bad suggestion to be brought up. Seeing as Yeejin was now blackout at one in the morning in the empty bar.

The only sober friend was DongSe. His amused eyes watching as the swimmer and pianist continued to verbally fight.

"You wouldn't win!"

"I would! What makes you think I can't beat you?"

"Your legs are short, your arms are short, and don't get me started on your stamina. You walk across campus and are out of breath,"

"He's right," DongSe casually cut in. Sipping on his soda and giving a side-eye to the beaming red face of the girl who looked beyond offended.

"What kind of long leg tag-teaming is this?" her hands subconsciously reached for her cup. She pouted when she saw the empty cup. Her attempt at calling the waiter was quicking shut down by DongSe who pulled her arm down.

"That's enough for you," she huffed in anger. Staring back at the swimmer who struggled to keep his eyes open.

"Yah! We're not done," she threw a fry to his face. The attack was useless since he grabbed and ate the fallen fry.

"Aera just accept defeat. You can't be perfect in everything,"

"Listen here you crippled giraffe. Stop underestimating me." DongSe felt his mouth fall agape at her comment. Yet the swimmer took no offense as he laughed his ass off.

"Donghyuck- tell him I can beat him," she muttered to DongSe as she pointed at the laughing drunk boy.

"Who's Donghyuck?" he watched her gasp in shock at her own mistake. Her cheeks instantly turning red.

"It's her boyfriend," HyunTae exposed. Wiggling his eyebrows in a teasing manner.

"You have a boyfriend?"

"He's not my boyfriend!"

"Is too!"

"Is not," she wobbled in her feet as she almost lunged towards the boy. DongSe gripped her arm and sat her back down.

"Is too,"

They bickered like children and DongSe could simply watch and ignore the embarrassing stare he was receiving from others.

"I'll call him and prove it," the phone was snatched out of her grip by the only sober person. Knowing well enough everyone usually regretted the drunk calls the morning after.

"Give it to her or she'll start crying," HyunTae warned with panicked eyes. Surely enough Aera's eyes were sparkly from the brimming tears that were collecting themselves under her eyes.

"What the f-"

"It's a rollercoaster. We stopped questioning it,"

The girl stuffed her phone in her pocket. Wiping the tears before smiling again as nothing happened.

Yeejin rose like a dead body. Staring blankly in front of her before a hiccup escaped her lips. The three best friends laughed in unison.

"I'm never hanging out with them again," DongSe muttered to himself.

This was the first time DongSe met the other two. Yeejin had continuously refused to be his friend despite Aera's claims about his change. Yet somehow they got along. HyunTae admitting that he appreciated another male joining their friend group.

"I'm gonna puke, " Yeejin rushed towards the bathroom as she clutched her stomach. Aera falling behind her in worry.

"Are you okay?" she asked when she reached the closed stall. The gagging that followed answered her question. Aera was soon enough mimicking the other's action as they both emptied their stomachs in neighboring toilets.

"Holy shit I'm never drinking again, " Yeejin muttered as she splashed ice cold water on her face. Aera exited the stall in a haze. It had not sobered her up at all.

"Wipe your face, " Yeejin scolded like a mother as she dragged the girl towards the sink. Almost drowning her as she pushed her head down. Aera wiped her mouth clean and gargled water to get rid of the bitter taste.

"Aera." the calling did nothing to grab her attention as she dried her face with closed eyes.

"Aera! Your phone is ringing." Yeejin snatched the other phone and starred at the caller ID. She smiled to herself when she saw the name.

"Hello." answered the drunk girl. One hand holding the phone and the other helping Aera to remain on her two feet.

"Uh is Aera there?"

"One second please." Yeejin offered the phone to the girl. Smirking at her drunken mischievous behavior.

"It's the staff member."

"Dongsookie?" she muttered in surprise as she placed the device against her ear.

"Hiieeee." she dragged the word like a child. Giggling to herself. Donghyuck looked over at Johnny's sleeping figure and exited the room quietly.

"Are you drunk?" the giggle that followed answered his question. He passed a hand through his hair.

"Yeah. Are you?" Area left the bathroom with her friend. The loud music drowning her voice.

"Aria go home. It's late and it's not safe for you to be drunk in the streets." he was starting to worry. Allowing himself to think of all the dangers that lurked at night and those that we're specifically towards drunk college girls.

"I'm having fun. I wish you were here." he knew she was probably pouting.

Yeejin pushed her towards the booth where DongSe sat. Her arms wrapping themselves around HyunTae's neck as she side hugged him.

Aera could only watch with sad eyes. Somehow suddenly craving a hug.

"Are your friend with you? Can they take you home?" he kept his eyes cautiously on his bedroom door that was slightly ajar.

"Yeah! Everyone's here. Yeejin, HyunTae and DongSe." the bass player gave her a weird look as she talked on the phone. She drew imaginary circles on the table as she spoke.

"DongSe? He's there too?" he hated the feeling that was growing at the pit of his stomach. The jealousy that he couldn't be there.

"Wanna speak to Donghyuck Dongse?" she asked the boy beside her. Pushing the phone to his ear despite his protests.

"Hello?" the deep voice alerted his senses. The last time he heard it Aera had been throwing insults his ways. Yet now they were casually chilling at a bar.

"Who's taking her home?" DongSe recognized the familiar voice from somewhere yet he couldn't match a face.

"Uh, I don't know man. Probably her roommate or something." Aera silently stole Yeejins cup. Slowly bringing the content to her lips before it was once again snatched.

"You really need to stop drinking or you'll end up in the ER." the alcohol spilled all over his hand and onto the table. The phone being discarded and abandoned by the disruption.

"But it's just one sip." she let her heavy headrest on her palms. Pushing herself to remain awake despite the sleepiness called her.

"She'll sleep it out," Yeejin said as she watched the Canadian girl close her eyes. Her past thoughts to avoid drinking were quick to be forgotten as she ordered yet another cup.

DongSe was now the third wheel. Using his phone as a distraction to avoid the drunk flirting the other two had going on. He could have easily left but decided against it. Not one of the three intoxicated friends were capable of arriving back to their dorms and even if they could. They would surely receive a horrible punishment for drinking and staying beyond roll call hours.

Nobody realized how much time had passed until the door rang with the arrival of a new guest.

The masked man let his eyes wander around until they settled into the only occupied table. The table where all four friends silently sat. Eyes zeroing in on the sleeping body in the booth.

-
a.n: sorry for the long awaited update. I doubt my writing and story-line so much that I feel self-conscious to post sometimes 😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

466K 5.6K 200
NCT OT23 > Taeil Johnny Taeyong Yuta Kun Doyoung Ten Jaehyun WinWin Jungwoo Lucas Mark Xiaojun Hendery Renjun Jeno Haechan Jaemin YangYang Shotaro ...
109K 3.7K 24
Half of NCT fanboying about the other half
18.4K 470 36
☁︎ ɪ'ᴍ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏᴠᴇʀᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ'ᴍ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇᴅ
77.7K 620 14
Will include a lot of smut, don't read if you aren't comfortable. Welcome hard stans 😈.